Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,825 members, 7,862,716 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) (1142 Views)

Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos) / MARY WORSHIP -by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) / Tears: Ex-Muslim Turned Christian Apologist, Nabeel Qureshi, Is Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 9:12pm On May 23
Michael547:
Lol....oga the caption of the post is not my question.
Is contradiction of doctrines acceptable In the body of Christ as seen in different denominations today?
Madam, my comment is focused on the caption of the post. Your responses to my comment are baseless if you can't maintain the context of my comment.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 9:19pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
Madam, my comment is focused on the caption of the post. Your responses to my comment are baseless if you can't maintain the context of my comment.
Oga my question is to your comment and not the caption of the post.
If you don't have the answer to my question, just admit that you don't know.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On May 23
Livingdeath:
catholics arent really christians in the spiritual sense,they follow Christ with their mouths but their doctrines are not in accordance with his words.they are the kind of people the Lord will rebuke and say he does not know them despite them doing miracles in his name.
The very same applies to all the other over 47,000 other denominations that comprise the religion of Christianity. This is absolutely no one denomination with doctrines or traditions that comply with the actual teaching and commandments of Jesus Christ. So switching from Catholicism to another denominations is merely changing from one set of lies to another set of lies. Jesus Christ was not fooling around when He described all religious leaders beginning with those of His time as thieves and liars -- wolves in sheeps clothing. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 9:33pm On May 23
Michael547:
Oga my question is to your comment and not the caption of the post.
If you don't have the answer to my question, just admit that you don't know.
My comment is about the caption of the post. Your question to me should relate to what my comment says about the caption, not about what is not the focus of my comment.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:06pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
My comment is about the caption of the post. Your question to me should relate to what my comment says about the caption, not about what is not the focus of my comment.
Your comment to the caption is that the Catholics are Christians. You believe that the Pentecostals too are Christians. So my question is, is contradiction in biblical doctrines as seen in Catholics and Pentecostals denominations accepted in the body of Christ? Yes or no sir?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 10:09pm On May 23
Michael547:
Your comment to the caption is that the Catholics are Christians. You believe that the Pentecostals too are Christians. So my question is, is contradiction in biblical doctrines as seen in Catholics and Pentecostals denominations accepted in the body of Christ? Yes or no sir?
Answer my question first. Is the caption biblically right?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:26pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
Answer my question first. Is the caption biblically right?
You are the teacher here sir. You claimed that the caption is not biblical by virtue of the fact that catholics are also christians. hence my question,
is contradiction in biblical doctrines as seen in Catholics and Pentecostals denominations accepted in the body of Christ? Yes or no sir?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 10:28pm On May 23
Michael547:
You are the teacher here sir. You claimed that the caption is not biblical by virtue of the fact that catholics are also christians. hence my question,
is contradiction in biblical doctrines as seen in Catholics and Pentecostals denominations accepted in the body of Christ? Yes or no sir?
Is the caption biblically right? Answer the question when you are ready to further the conversation.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:28pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
Is the caption biblically right? Answer the question when you are ready to further the conversation.
I don't know sir hence my question to you. So can you answer since you know?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 10:31pm On May 23
Michael547:
I don't know sir hence my question to you. So can you answer since you know?
Rest, since you don't know what my comment is talking about.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by MightySparrow: 10:32pm On May 23
Michael547:

😁😁😁you've technically not asked me any question.
You've been asking who gave me right to examine the doctrines of pastors that you've recommended.
That question shows that you don't have answer to my question of if all these pastors are in agreement when it comes to biblical doctrines.

You are saying i dont have right to examine the doctrines of your recommended pastors but you've been examining the teachings of the JWs. Is that not hypocrisy?

I have not met a honest JW. Not one.

Before answering your question.

Mind you, I believe you are not a honest person.

Can you just tell us what you know about these pastors and their doctrines?
Mind you, I assume you, like others are not honest.

You have opportunity to prove otherwise by ANSWERING WITHOUT MINCING WIRDS, these question.

You claim to know them and what they teach
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by von02: 10:32pm On May 23
Livingdeath:
hey guys,I need advice. recently I have been reading the Bible alot...as in alot,and I have seen the many commandents the Catholic church is breaking....so I left.But I am really scared on telling my Mum and Dad about it. any advice?(am in university yr 2)

You did the right thing. But your soul is yearning for something that's eternal something that no Catholic or denomination can give

1 Like

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:38pm On May 23
MightySparrow:

I have not met a honest JW. Not one.

Before answering your question.

Mind you, I believe you are not a honest person.

Can you just tell us what you know about these pastors and their doctrines?
Mind you, I assume you, like others are not honest.

You have opportunity to prove otherwise by ANSWERING WITHOUT MINCING WIRDS, these question.

You claim to know them and what they teach
I never said I knew what your recommended pastors preach. I have been asking you consistently if the teachings of your recommended pastors on biblical doctrines agree. Why is that question so hard for you to answer?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:39pm On May 23
von02:

You did the right thing. But your soul is yearning for something that's eternal something that no Catholic or denomination can give
So what can give the op what his soul is yearning?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:40pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
Rest, since you don't know what my comment is talking about.
Lol😁😁😁 so your comment is no more about saying that the Catholics are also Christians? 😁😁😁
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by MightySparrow: 10:44pm On May 23
Michael547:

I never said I knew what your recommended pastors preach. I have been asking you consistently if the teachings of your recommended pastors on biblical doctrines agree. Why is that question so hard for you to answer?

From the onset, I knew you would not be a honest person, that is why I was not going to answer you. You have just proved that.

So?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 10:47pm On May 23
Michael547:
Lol😁😁😁 so your comment is no more about saying that the Catholics are also Christians? 😁😁😁
Since you can't tell if the caption is right or wrong, why are you still talking about my comment?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:47pm On May 23
MightySparrow:

From the onset, I knew you would not be a honest person, that is why I was not going to answer you. You have just proved that.

So?
Lol...so you mean answering if your recommended pastors are in agreement biblically is now a problem?
Well......just goes to show that you are not still sure of what you are doing.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:49pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
Since you can't tell if the caption is right or wrong, why are you still talking about my comment?
Because your comment seems to tell us the truth about the caption. So can we have the answers to whether all denominations who are in contradictions biblically are accepted into the body of Christ?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 10:52pm On May 23
Michael547:
Because your comment seems to tell us the truth about the caption. So can we have the answers to whether all denominations who are in contradictions biblically are accepted into the body of Christ?
The same caption you said you don't know. How do you know my comment seems to be saying the truth about the caption?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 10:53pm On May 23
immortalcrown:
The same caption you said you don't know. How do you know my comment seems to be saying the truth about the caption?
I said i did notkjnow the answer to the question you posed to me about the caption. But your comment is teaching us more about the caption. Hence my question to you.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 10:55pm On May 23
Michael547:
I don't know. Bur your comment is teaching us more about the caption. Hence my question to you.
My comment is saying that the caption is wrong. Any question that is not about the caption is not about my comment.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 2:09am On May 24
immortalcrown:
My comment is saying that the caption is wrong. Any question that is not about the caption is not about my comment.
That is why I asked you if your correction to the caption means that all denomination that has Christians are actually acceptable to the body of Christ even with their contradictory doctrines?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 2:58am On May 24
von02:
■ You did the right thing. But your soul is yearning for something that's eternal something that no Catholic or denomination can give
OP, this comment is correct in stating that not a single religion out there not even the catholic or the numerous denominations in any one religion can give you what you long for. It cannot be found through men... absolutely can't! undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 3:16am On May 24
PrinceofSarcasm:
No one cares about your religion or your decisions. Use your time well and invest in self development to become a productive member of society. Stop seeking validation from strangers and focus on making decisions based off conviction.
That seems to be the reason why many choose religion at the end of the day! undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 3:17am On May 24
silvoclaira:
■ Isn't this too toxic a comment for the Op?!
The most toxic you can do to children is indoctrination. Religion is evil! You only need to open your eyes to see Nigeria as it is to know this. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 3:21am On May 24
sunnyfats:
■ Dear OP. Catholics are Christians too, the fact that you see something wrong may indicate one thing. God is calling you into a deeper relationship with him. Sometimes this happens if the church or your parents are becoming a stubling block to what God wants you to do. In this case, God sometimes directs you to another fellowship where you see God differently.
Your Catholic Church may not be able to help you further in this journey but, trust me, God planted you there in order to have a root.

A good example is, when you finish primary school, and move to secondary, you will start to see that you know better, you may start to realize that some teacher that taught you before don't understand everything. But if you didn't pass through primary, you may not be able to stand in the secondary school.
You are transitioning at the moment, but be careful not to speak I'll of the place God brought you out from, they are not the problem here, it is Gad that wants you to grow better. I recommend a song for you. Deeper by Marvin Sapp
May God help you
OP, be aware that all that is stated here are baseless assumptions aka lies which have nothing to do with God or Scripture! undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 3:24am On May 24
sunnyfats:
Listen to this song and you may understand better
Deeper by Marvin Sapp
OP, there are no songs out there that can tell you about God or bring you to a closer understanding of God. These religious folks and their many doctrines, traditions, rituals, and even songs, are known to be able to do one thing and one thing alone and that lie to deceive others into joining their circle. Look at the lives of the millions of Nigerians in Nigeria caught up in the web of lies that is religion, every single one of them faking it to sound credible. It is the same elsewhere in the world as the religious world wherever you go is propped up by lie after lie, none of which are scriptural or proven. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 5:55am On May 24
1.long process of exorcism:
catholic priests use candles,rosaries,relics,holy water and the likes just to cast out demons where as the apostles did so in his name alone.
2.salvation through the church:
the Catholic church teaches that coming to mass,going for confession etc and other 'works' of charity is what will save you where as the bible teaches faith in jesus is what will save
3.the infallibility of the pope:only God is infallible,then why is the pope claiming that for himself? anyone who says he is not a sinner calls God a liar .
4.asking intercession from the dead in christ:
hebrews 4:14-16 tells us that we have christ as our perfect high priest,the Bible tells us that he along with the Spirit intercedes on our behalf...then why do we need the 'saints'?they cant even hear you. and the dead should not be interferring with the living. Abraham explains that the people have the prophets to guide them not some dead guy luke 16:27-29
5.the eternal virginity and veneration of Mary: Mary doesnt deserve all what catholics do to her.wait now and think,imagine if the actual Mary we know from the bible suddenly comes to our modern world and sees all the statues and rosaries,she will never accept such! her Magnificat tells us who she was.a lowly servant of God thriving to do God's will and she acknowledged herself as a sinner by calling God her savior.catholics twist the Bible too much,it is so clear that Mary had other kids apart from jesus,then why he marry her in the first place? matthew 1:25
6.Chrislam: mr pope has disobeyed the Bible. paul warned against christians being influenced by pagan religions 2 corinthians 6:14-18
7.the Vatican: nothing good comes from Rome! that evil empire who is the fourth beast in Daniel's book,who captured God's people and forced them to pay taxes?who attempted to kill baby jesus?who killed john the baptist?who crucified the Lord?who persecuted the apostles and believers?who slayed a number of christians in the year 1555 to 1559 by a pope?
I cannot go back to catholic church,i have seen their dark secrets,these stuffs I listed are just few of false catholic teaching. I dont want to go to hell ooo.
immortalcrown:
Kindly mention those catholic doctrines that are not biblically right. Give an explanation for each one you mention.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 6:14am On May 24
Michael547:

That is why I asked you if your correction to the caption means that all denomination that has Christians are actually acceptable to the body of Christ even with their contradictory doctrines?
I already told you that every Christian denomination has Christians.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:16am On May 24
immortalcrown:
I already told you that every Christian denomination has Christians.
Does that make them acceptable to the body of Christ despite the fact that they are in contradiction biblically?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 7:34am On May 24
Livingdeath:
1.long process of exorcism:
catholic priests use candles,rosaries,relics,holy water and the likes just to cast out demons where as the apostles did so in his name alone.
2.salvation through the church:
the Catholic church teaches that coming to mass,going for confession etc and other 'works' of charity is what will save you where as the bible teaches faith in jesus is what will save
3.the infallibility of the pope:only God is infallible,then why is the pope claiming that for himself? anyone who says he is not a sinner calls God a liar .
4.asking intercession from the dead in christ:
hebrews 4:14-16 tells us that we have christ as our perfect high priest,the Bible tells us that he along with the Spirit intercedes on our behalf...then why do we need the 'saints'?they cant even hear you. and the dead should not be interferring with the living. Abraham explains that the people have the prophets to guide them not some dead guy luke 16:27-29
5.the eternal virginity and veneration of Mary: Mary doesnt deserve all what catholics do to her.wait now and think,imagine if the actual Mary we know from the bible suddenly comes to our modern world and sees all the statues and rosaries,she will never accept such! her Magnificat tells us who she was.a lowly servant of God thriving to do God's will and she acknowledged herself as a sinner by calling God her savior.catholics twist the Bible too much,it is so clear that Mary had other kids apart from jesus,then why he marry her in the first place? matthew 1:25
6.Chrislam: mr pope has disobeyed the Bible. paul warned against christians being influenced by pagan religions 2 corinthians 6:14-18
7.the Vatican: nothing good comes from Rome! that evil empire who is the fourth beast in Daniel's book,who captured God's people and forced them to pay taxes?who attempted to kill baby jesus?who killed john the baptist?who crucified the Lord?who persecuted the apostles and believers?who slayed a number of christians in the year 1555 to 1559 by a pope?
I cannot go back to catholic church,i have seen their dark secrets,these stuffs I listed are just few of false catholic teaching. I dont want to go to hell ooo.
The Catholic uses candle to signify the presence of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the light of the world. Candle provides light to symbolise the light of Christ. The pure wax is a symbol of the purity of Christ. That's why the Catholic uses white candles. In some cases, they use oil and a white cylindrical container like a candle to provide the light. That is why they don't use another colour of candle. They also use the candle to create an atmosphere for prayer, having used the candle to signify the presence of Jesus Christ. This is what the Catholic doctrine says about the use of candles in the Catholic Church. Any other interpretation you give it is made up by you.

The Catholic never says that whoever goes for the holy Mass while living in sin will go to Heaven. Even whichever Church you have joined now believes that you going to Church takes you closer to salvation. Does your own Church tell you that not going to Church is better than going to Church? So, your point in this case is childish and doesn't deserve much of my time.

"Papal infallibility refers to. It means that when a pope formally defines a matter of church teaching, referring to something of faith or morality, he is protected by the Holy Spirit from teaching error. So whatever he says in this context has no error in it.

It’s important to note what papal infallibility does not mean. It does not mean that popes are sinless; that’s what “immaculate” means (as in “Immaculate Mary”). It doesn’t even mean that when he does teach infallibly, he does so in the clearest manner possible.

It also does not mean that everything a pope teaches is infallible. Again, it applies only when a pope is formally defining a matter of Church teaching. So with regard to Pope Francis’ interview, for instance, that was not a formal definition of Church teaching, and hence is not an instance of papal infallibility."

The Catholics do not ask the saints to save them. They ask the saints to pray (intercede) for them. It is like you asking your friend or your pastor to pray for you. Saints are believed to be closer to God since they are believed to have lived a holy life. That's why the Catholics ask the saints for intercessions. The Bible does not condemns this. Point out any bible verse that condemns it.

You have not pointed out any falsehood in Catholic concerning Mary. Does the Bible tell you that Mary sinned? If yes, which part of the Bible? Mary calling Jesus Christ her saviour is a sign of respect and humility towards Jesus Christ, just as Jesus Christ allowing himself to be baptised by John. Does the baptism of Jesus Christ mean Jesus was a sinner and could not have entered Heaven without the baptism?

Talking about the veneration of Mary, are you saying that the mother of Jesus Christ does not deserve to be respected? Answer this question.

"Chrislam" is not a word in any language and has no meaning. You invented it and have to deal with it alone. How has the Pope disobeyed God? Be precise.

Your assertion about Rome has no connection with the Catholic doctrines we know today. Even the Catholics admit that some of the earlier leaders of the Catholic Church committed some atrocities. So, why do you act as if the Catholics and their doctrines justify those atrocities commited in the Church in the past? Is there any of those atrocities that Catholicism supports? If yes, mention that atrocity and the doctrine that supports it. Your argument here is like saying that northern Christian is not a Christian because his or her parents were Muslims. Your logic here is like saying that the sin of your pastor nullifies the Christianity of every member of your Church. Also, have you not read about Saul accepting Christ after committing atrocities in the Bible? Did Christ reject him? So, if some of those who committed those atrocities in the past in the Catholic repented before dying, are you implying that they can't make Heaven?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Many Air Crashes During His Short Tenure So Far - Is Minister Aborishade Jinxed? / Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying / Please I Will Like To Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.