Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,868 members, 7,862,901 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) (1148 Views)

Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos) / MARY WORSHIP -by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) / Tears: Ex-Muslim Turned Christian Apologist, Nabeel Qureshi, Is Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:07pm On May 25
FxMasterz:

The other pastors who are not in agreement with themselves keep learning and keep growing in knowledge to start agreeing with one another progressively, knowing that "what you don know today, you might know tomorrow." Knowledge is progressive
Nobody knows everything he ought to know. As long as there is no man perfect in knowledge, there'll continue to be disagreements and agreements.

It is those who separate themselves because of disagreements, and keep feeding on their own limited knowledge with the belief that they're perfect in knowledge that eventually shut the doors of progressive knowledge against themselves.

The Bible says "Iron sharpens iron" Proverbs 27:17.

Those who shut themselves from being sharpened in order to keep growing in knowledge and Revelation enter into must errors and bring upon themselves, eternal damnation as is the case with the JW .

So in what doctrinal matters have these pastors been coming into agreement as you've claimed above?
And who are these pastors, do you mean all pastors in Nigeria or all pastors all over the world?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:08pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Again, my question remains do you not believe Jesus Christ when He(Jesus Christ) declared that the devil has been a liar from his(the devil's) beginning β€” not someone else's beginning but his? undecided
Yes I believe Jesus statement.
So did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:08pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Again, my question remains do you not believe Jesus Christ when He(Jesus Christ) declared that the devil has been a liar from his(the devil's) beginning β€” not someone else's beginning but his? undecided
Yes I believe Jesus statement.
So did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right? Yes or no?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On May 25
Michael547:
β–  Yes I believe Jesus statement. So did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right? Yes or no?
You believe Jesus Christ's statement but still you don't believe what Jesus Christ said.... see confusion!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:12pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
You believe Jesus Christ's statement but somehow you don't believe what Jesus Christ said either.... see confusion!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Shebi you are the one teaching the truth na. So why is it hard for you to affirm what Jesus said as truth.
Did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie. Yes or no?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On May 25
Michael547:
β–  Shebi you are the one teaching the truth na. So why is it hard for you to affirm what Jesus said as truth. Did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie. Yes or no?
Me? Teaching you... abegi! 🀣🀣🀣🀣

Again, you claim you believe Jesus Christ's statement but still you don't believe what Jesus Christ said.... no be confusion be this!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 The obvious question to follow here is why do you not believe Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 7:22pm On May 25
Michael547:

So in what doctrinal matters have these pastors been coming into agreement as you've claimed above?
And who are these pastors, do you mean all pastors in Nigeria or all pastors all over the world?

There's nothing called "all pastors in Nigeria". The body of Christ is one.

There's no difference between pastors and the pews. We're all children of God.

Children of God can differ in matters of doctrine depending on individual levels of knowledge and relationships. That does not mean we're divided.

The Baptists, Anglicans, and a host of other Christian denominations never believed in the baptism of the Holy Spirit before but now, that has changed because they've had experiential knowledge of the fact that these things are biblical. I remember arguing with a baptist in 1994 about the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Today, that same baptist pastor preaches the Holy Spirit baptism. That's the result of progressive knowledge when iron continues to sharpen iron. The iron that refuses to be sharpened by other irons shall become blunt and unusable until it is ready to be disposed off as scap.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:24pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Me? Teaching you... abegi! 🀣🀣🀣🀣

Again, you claim you believe Jesus Christ's statement but still you don't believe what Jesus Christ said.... no be confusion be this!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
If you also believe that that is what Jesus said, the answer the question na.
Did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie. Yes or no?

Or is my question not in line with what Jesus said?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On May 25
Michael547:
β–  If you also believe that that is what Jesus said, the answer the question na. Did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie. Yes or no? Or is my question not in line with what Jesus said?
The problem here is you lied when you said you believe Jesus Christ given that the question you asked points to the opposite. grin
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:28pm On May 25
FxMasterz:

There's nothing called "all pastors in Nigeria". The body of Christ is one.

There's no difference between pastors and the pews. We're all children of God.

Children of God can differ in matters of doctrine depending on individual levels of knowledge and relationships. That does not mean we're divided.

The Baptists, Anglicans, and a host of other Christian denominations never believed in the baptism of the Holy Spirit before but now, that has changed because they've had experiential knowledge of the fact that these things are biblical. I remember arguing with a baptist in 1994 about the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Today, that same baptist pastor preaches the Holy Spirit baptism. That's the result of progressive knowledge when iron continues to sharpen iron. The iron that refuses to be sharpened by other irons shall become blunt and unusable until it is ready to be disposed off as scap.
So you mean that the body of Christ is more united in doctrinal matters with pastors like Kumuyi, Odumeje, Adeboye, Oyedepo and Damina who claim to be children of God but disagree in what the Bible teaches or even their source of power?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:30pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
The problem here is you lied when you said you believe Jesus Christ given that the question you asked points to the opposite. grin
So you mean that my question is not what Jesus meant?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 7:34pm On May 25
Michael547:

So you mean that the body of Christ is more united in doctrinal matters with pastors like Kumuyi, Odumeje, Adeboye, Oyedepo and Damina who claim to be children of God but disagree in what the Bible teaches or even their source of power?

Who told you Odumeje is a child of God!

I have said that the body of Christ is united in Christ alone.

Tell me where I said the body of Christ is united in doctrinal matters?

1 Cor. 3:4-6

"For when one says, β€œI am of Paul,” and another, β€œI am of Apollos,” are you not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase."
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On May 25
Michael547:
β–  So you mean that my question is not what Jesus meant?
Your asking me whether Jesus Christ meant that the devil has been a liar from his beginning is what instead indicates you lied when you said you believe Jesus Christ. Trying to throw Jesus Christ under the bus to hide your confusion definitely says, "You don't believe Jesus Christ at all." grin
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:38pm On May 25
FxMasterz:

Who told you Odumeje is a child of God!

I have said that the body of Christ is united in Christ alone.

Tell me where I said the body of Christ is united in doctrinal matters?

1 Cor. 3:4-6

"For when one says, β€œI am of Paul,” and another, β€œI am of Apollos,” are you not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase."
😁😁😁 how do you know that Odumeje is not a child of God?

So you mean that 1 cor 3:4-6 allows for children of God to be in disagreement in doctrinal matters?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:39pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Your asking me whether Jesus Christ meant that the devil has been a liar from his beginning is what instead indicates you lied when you said you believe Jesus Christ. Trying to throw Jesus Christ under the bus to hide your confusion definitely says, "You don't believe Jesus Christ at all." grin
This is my question sir. Don't twist it. Answer it.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On May 25
Michael547:
β–  This is my question sir. Don't twist it. Answer it. Did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie. Yes or no?
Again, Your asking me whether Jesus Christ meant that the devil has been a liar from his beginning is what instead indicates you lied when you said you believe Jesus Christ. Trying to throw Jesus Christ under the bus to hide your confusion definitely says, "You don't believe Jesus Christ at all." 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 7:43pm On May 25
Michael547:

😁😁😁 how do you know that Odumeje is not a child of God?

So you mean that 1 cor 3:4-6 allows for children of God to be in disagreement in doctrinal matters?

By their fruits, you'll know them. The same way I know that you too, you're not a child of God.

1 Cor. 3:4-6 says, no matter the person through whom you came to God, you are of God, you do not belong to that person. The person or the denomination is just a conduit for the knowledge of God to reach to you. We all are children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. We have one Father. We are one.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:46pm On May 25
FxMasterz:

By their fruits, you'll know them. The same way I know that you too, you're not a child of God.

1 Cor. 3:4-6 says, no matter the person through whom you came to God, you are of God, you do not belong to that person. The person or the denomination is just a conduit for the knowledge of God to reach to you. We all are children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
😁😁😁....so what are the fruits that we look out for?
Why is Odumeje's denomination not a conduit for the knowledge of God to reach us?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:48pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Again, Your asking me whether Jesus Christ meant that the devil has been a liar from his beginning is what instead indicates you lied when you said you believe Jesus Christ. Trying to throw Jesus Christ under the bus to hide your confusion definitely says, "You don't believe Jesus Christ at all." 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Lol...you are funny oo...so my question is throwing Jesus under the bus? How?
If Jesus meant that the devil was programmed to lie by God from the beginning According to you, and it is the same God that said we should not lie, how am I throwing Jesus under the bus?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 7:49pm On May 25
Michael547:

😁😁😁....so what are the fruits that we look out for?
Why is Odumeje's denomination not a conduit for the knowledge of God to reach us?

You can ask the Lord Jesus if you care to know the fruits that distinguish a sheep from a goat.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:55pm On May 25
FxMasterz:

You can ask the Lord Jesus if you care to know the fruits that distinguish a sheep from a goat.
😁😁😁I thought you know the teachings of Jesus already, tell us na.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On May 25
Michael547:
β–  Lol...you are funny oo...so my question is throwing Jesus under the bus? How?
If Jesus meant that the devil was programmed to lie by God from the beginning According to you, and it is the same God that said we should not lie, how am I throwing Jesus under the bus?
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 8:24pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
😁😁😁😁😁😁 answer na.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On May 25
Michael547:
β–  😁😁😁😁😁😁 answer na.
Look, you cannot bring your unbelief to the table as though a sensible topic for debate. It does not work at all for me. I get better to do with my time. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 8:41pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Look, you cannot bring your unbelief to the table as though a sensible topic for debate. It does not work at all for me. I get better to do with my time. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Which one be unbelief again? It's just for you to affirm my question if you too believe in what Jesus said.
Did Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies? The same God that said that we should not lie, Yes or no?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On May 25
Livingdeath:
β–  but if he never asked them to build churches then he should have condemned those churches in revelation 2,instead he encourages them.
β–Ά Did Jesus Christ say in Revelations 2 that the churches He referred to were built by the hands of men or something? I am not certain I follow your line of reasoning here. Jesus Christ never sent any man out to build anything on His behalf so are you insinuating that the 7 lampstands referenced by the Jesus Christ character in that vision that John wrote of were put there by men on behalf of Jesus Christ? undecided
12 I turned to see who was talking to me. When I turned, I saw seven golden lampstands.
13 I saw someone among the lampstands who looked like the Son of Man. He was dressed in a long robe, with a golden sash tied around his chest.
14 His head and hair were white like woolβ€”wool that is white as snow. His eyes were like flames of fire.
15 His feet were like brass that glows hot in a furnace. His voice was like the noise of flooding water.
16 He held seven stars in his right hand. A sharp two-edged sword came out of his mouth. He looked like the sun shining at its brightest time.
17 When I saw him, I fell down at his feet like a dead man. He put his right hand on me and said, β€œDon’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last.
18 I am the one who lives. I was dead, but look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
19 So write what you see. Write the things that happen now and the things that will happen later.
20 Here is the hidden meaning of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and the seven golden lampstands that you saw: The seven lampstands are the seven churches. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches. - Revelations 1 vs 13 - 20
β–Ά You asked why Jesus Christ never condemned the churches, and I wonder what book you have been reading since almost all of the letters written to each angel β€” not to the church itself β€” contains some sort of reprimand. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Iamanoited: 3:03am On May 26
NO ADVICE. YOU ARE GETTING MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by MightySparrow: 3:22am On May 26
Michael547:

Are you saying that you are too big for one to ask questions from?
Not really, I don't answer questions I consider stupid

and

I don't answer people I consider stupid.

If I don't answer your next question......
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 8:48am On May 26
MightySparrow:

Not really, I don't answer questions I consider stupid

and

I don't answer people I consider stupid.

If I don't answer your next question......
So asking you if your pastors are united in biblical doctrines is a stupid question?
Na wa oo..
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 12:51pm On May 26
thanks for the enlightenment.am good.
Kobojunkie:
β–Ά Did Jesus Christ say in Revelations 2 that the churches He referred to were built by the hands of men or something? I am not certain I follow your line of reasoning here. Jesus Christ never sent any man out to build anything on His behalf so are you insinuating that the 7 lampstands referenced by the Jesus Christ character in that vision that John wrote of were put there by men on behalf of Jesus Christ? undecided
β–Ά You asked why Jesus Christ never condemned the churches, and I wonder what book you have been reading since almost all of the letters written to each angel β€” not to the church itself β€” contains some sort of reprimand. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Or Pastor Tb Joshua,genuine? / On 'pastor Adeboye's Jet' / Atheism Is The Only Solution To The Endless Enemity Between Christians And Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.