Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,830 members, 7,862,731 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:00 AM

Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) (1145 Views)

Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos) / MARY WORSHIP -by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) / Tears: Ex-Muslim Turned Christian Apologist, Nabeel Qureshi, Is Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 7:01pm On May 24
matthew 16:18 christ builds his church through his followers.
revelation 2 tells us of how christ gives words of advice to his churches.
Kobojunkie:
2. Jesus Christ never asked His followers to build churches using His name, and He never commanded anyone to attend what you would call church services in His Name. So, while faulting Catholicism, you should equally fault all of Christianity as well as all religions in this too. undecided

Religion has absolutely nothing to do with God of Israel or Jesus Christ given that the many doctrines and traditions of men are lies when compared to the Word of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
so...the Israelites venerated Moses and the prophets? since they quoted moses laws and that of the prophets.
God of Israel chose the Prophets as His mouthpiece in Israel and the prophets never raised their opinions or lives above or as being of equal importance as God's Law. undecided

Jesus Christ, on the other hand, proclaimed that He alone is the Teacher, Shepherd, Prophet/Head/Authority/Master, etc. in the Kingdom of God. He did not choose any man to be His mouthpiece. Rather, He sent His followers to teach others to obey the very same Law which He had given to them. So when you quote the opinions of men such as Paul, John, etc, opinions not directly connected with that stated by Jesus Christ Himself in His name, you violate Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
■ matthew 16:18 christ builds his church through his followers.
■ revelation 2 tells us of how christ gives words of advice to his churches
Christ never said He builds His own church through His followers. He instead said He would build His own church on this rock. undecided
17 Jesus answered, “You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah. No one taught you that. My Father in heaven showed you who I am.
18 So I tell you, you are Peter. And I will build my church on this rock. The power of death will not be able to defeat my church.
19 I will give you the keys to God’s kingdom. When you speak judgment here on earth, that judgment will be God’s judgment. When you promise forgiveness here on earth, that forgiveness will be God’s forgiveness.” - Matthew 16 vs 17 - 19
The fancy interpretation fed to you by your gods of men is just that, a fancy interpretation. Jesus Christ was instead speaking there of Himself, the Rock of ages, and His Church, the one He builds by His own hands and Will/Law. undecided
1 “Skies, listen and I will speak. Earth, hear the words of my mouth.
2 My teachings will come like the rain, like a mist falling to the ground, like a gentle rain on the soft grass, like rain on the green plants.
3 Praise God as I speak the Lord’s name!
4 “The Lord is the Rock, and his work is perfect! Yes, all his ways are right! God is true and faithful. He is good and honest. -Deuteronomy 32 vs 4
The rock that is God has never been of men but of God and His Law. undecided

2. I am afraid that the fancy interpretation you have there, of the content expressed in a dream/vision format given to the person of John before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, is just that, another fancy interpretation of content instead expressed in dream/vision format. Christianity alone is filled with over 47,000 such fancy interpretations, all of which do not align with Scripture. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 8:00pm On May 24
did jesus christ come down from heaven to build it? is it not through men that he built it? the apostles preached the gospel where ever they went and assigned church elders in each place
Kobojunkie:
Christ never said He builds His own church through His followers. He instead said He would build His own church on this rock. undecided
The fancy interpretation fed to you by your gods of men is just that, a fancy interpretation. Jesus Christ was instead speaking there of Himself, the Rock of ages, and His Church, the one He builds by His own hands and Will/Law. undecided
The rock that is God has never been of men but of God and His Law. undecided

2. I am afraid that the fancy interpretation you have there, of the content expressed in a dream/vision format given to the person of John before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, is just that, another fancy interpretation of content instead expressed in dream/vision format. Christianity alone is filled with over 47,000 such fancy interpretations, all of which do not align with Scripture. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
■ did jesus christ come down from heaven to build it? is it not through men that he built it?
■ the apostles preached the gospel where ever they went
■ and assigned church elders in each place
1. Um.... Jesus Christ never asked any man to build edifices or even church buildings using His name. He never commanded any man to collect money in His name. So, if you are under the impression that the church of Jesus Christ is some building or building somewhere, you are mistaken. Jesus Christ never built anything through men. He told you that He will build His church. So, the question is why do you not believe Him? undecided undecided

2. Jesus Christ specifically instructed His followers to go out and teach that which He already taught them to obey — His commandments and teachings, not some other person's. So, any "gospel" that differed from that which Jesus Christ taught His followers to speak using His name is a lie! undecided

3. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to assign "church elders" using His name. So, what you see as the apostles assigning "church elders" is something that has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ made that in His Kingdom, not only are all equal, but
also those of them who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. Nowhere in His Gospel Law of Jesus Christ will you find this assigning of church leaders instruction so why the conclusion that the disciples must have done it for Jesus Christ. grin

Jesus Christ never aligned Himself with religion. He distanced Himself from them beginning with the very one that existed during His time, the same religion which His Father before Him had condemned - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31 & John 10 vs 7 - 16. He condemned the doctrines and traditions of men as being nothing but lies meant to delude the many away from the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

But, Christianity boasts of being modeled after the very same religion that Jesus Christ disavowed. Any wonder why it equally boasts of over 47,000 different lies referred to as interpretations all designed to diddle with the mind of those who would seek God's Truth. grin
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 8:54pm On May 24
FxMasterz:

The doctrinal disagreement was resolved but that does not mean that all doctrinal disagreements were resolved. Most of the epistles of the new testament were written to address doctrinal disagreements. Acts 15 shows that we're still brothers even in the midst of disagreements.
Can you list some of the doctrinal disagreements that was not resolved?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 9:04pm On May 24
Michael547:

Can you list some of the doctrinal disagreements that was not resolved?

Would you list them please?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 9:07pm On May 24
FxMasterz:

Would you list them please?
You should list them oga. You were the one that said that not all doctrinal matters were resolved. So you can list them.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 9:15pm On May 24
Michael547:

You should list them oga. You were the one that said that not all doctrinal matters were resolved. So you can list them.

Not all doctrinal matters were resolved in Acts 15. They only tackled the one that surfaced at the time. The epistles that were written were written to address other matters. And matters continued to arise even after the apostles were gone. The JW organization for example created a cult out of doctrinal matters.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by MightySparrow: 1:46am On May 25
Michael547:

I have nothing to tell you.....you recommended the pastors. You are supposed to answer the questions that followed your recommendation.

In the first instance what concerns you about the person that asked for advice and you could not give your own, you are questioning me.
Is anything wrong with you you?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 7:44am On May 25
but if he never asked them to build churches then he should have condemned those churches in revelation 2,instead he encourages them.
Kobojunkie:
1. Um.... Jesus Christ never asked any man to build edifices or even church buildings using His name. He never commanded any man to collect money in His name. So, if you are under the impression that the church of Jesus Christ is some building or building somewhere, you are mistaken. Jesus Christ never built anything through men. He told you that He will build His church. So, the question is why do you not believe Him? undecided undecided

2. Jesus Christ specifically instructed His followers to go out and teach that which He already taught them to obey — His commandments and teachings, not some other person's. So, any "gospel" that differed from that which Jesus Christ taught His followers to speak using His name is a lie! undecided

3. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to assign "church elders" using His name. So, what you see as the apostles assigning "church elders" is something that has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ made that in His Kingdom, not only are all equal, but
also those of them who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. Nowhere in His Gospel Law of Jesus Christ will you find this assigning of church leaders instruction so why the conclusion that the disciples must have done it for Jesus Christ. grin

Jesus Christ never aligned Himself with religion. He distanced Himself from them beginning with the very one that existed during His time, the same religion which His Father before Him had condemned - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31 & John 10 vs 7 - 16. He condemned the doctrines and traditions of men as being nothing but lies meant to delude the many away from the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

But, Christianity boasts of being modeled after the very same religion that Jesus Christ disavowed. Any wonder why it equally boasts of over 47,000 different lies referred to as interpretations all designed to diddle with the mind of those who would seek God's Truth. grin
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 9:50am On May 25
MightySparrow:

In the first instance what concerns you about the person that asked for advice and you could not give your own, you are questioning me.
Is anything wrong with you you?
Are you saying that you are too big for one to ask questions from?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 9:51am On May 25
FxMasterz:

Not all doctrinal matters were resolved in Acts 15. They only tackled the one that surfaced at the time. The epistles that were written were written to address other matters. And matters continued to arise even after the apostles were gone. The JW organization for example created a cult out of doctrinal matters.
Oga mention the ones that were not settled na. And why are pastors today not settling biblical doctrinal contradictions like the apostles?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 5:06pm On May 25
Michael547:

Oga mention the ones that were not settled na. And why are pastors today not settling biblical doctrinal contradictions like the apostles?

Why did JW not settle their biblical doctrinal contradictions with other Christians today like the apostles?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 5:32pm On May 25
FxMasterz:

Why did JW not settle their biblical doctrinal contradictions with other Christians today like the apostles?
It therefore means that either the JWs are lying or the other pastors who themselves are not even in agreement too are lying. So please do you know which one of these groups is telling the truth?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On May 25
Michael547:
It therefore means that either the JWs are lying or the other pastors who themselves are not even in agreement too are lying. So please do you know which one of these groups is telling the truth?
Or both of them are liars like Jesus Christ instead said. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 So, is Jesus Christ the liar in this case? undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 5:53pm On May 25
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 5:53pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Or both of them are liars like Jesus Christ instead said. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 So, is Jesus Christ the liar in this case? undecided
Of course I would say Jesus is not a liar. Oga Kobojunkie are you a liar when it comes to the bible?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On May 25
Michael547:
■ Of course I would say Jesus is not a liar. Oga Kobojunkie are you a liar when it comes to the bible?
So, we both agree then that as Jesus Christ said, all of your gods of men are liars and thieves. Case closed! grin
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 6:18pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
So, we both agree then that as Jesus Christ said, all of your gods of men are liars and thieves. Case closed! grin
Let's agree that all of them are liars like you've said.
I've seen you talk about the bible here on nairaland.
Do you speak the truth?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On May 25
Michael547:
■ Let's agree that all of them are liars like you've said. I've seen you talk about the bible here on nairaland. Do you speak the truth?
LOL... I say what Jesus Christ said. Did Jesus Christ at some point cease to be the Truth of God Himself? Is Jesus Christ no longer the Truth of God? grin
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 6:25pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
LOL... I say what Jesus Christ said. Is Jesus Christ no more the Truth of God? grin
Ok......so where did Jesus say that the devil is programmed by God as you've said here on nairaland?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On May 25
Michael547:
■ Ok......so where did Jesus say that the devil is programmed by God as you've said here on Nairaland?
undecided Huh? Let me instead ask you this. Is it that you instead believe that Jesus Christ lied when He said that the devil has been a liar from his very beginning or what? Or is it that you have never in fact read this at all from within the gospels which you pretend you know? undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 6:31pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
undecided Huh? Let me instead ask you this. Is it that you instead believe that Jesus Christ lied when He said that the devil has been a liar from his very beginning or what? Or is it that you have never in fact read this at all from within the gospels which you pretend you know? undecided
So Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On May 25
Michael547:
■ So Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right?
Again, do you not believe Jesus Christ when He declared that the devil has been a liar from His beginning — not someone else's beginning but his? undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 6:42pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Again, do you not believe Jesus Christ when He declared that the devil has been a liar from His beginning — not someone else's beginning but his? undecided
If I am to believe your insinuation of this verse, it means that Jesus said God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On May 25
Michael547:
■ If I am to believe your insinuation of this verse, it means that Jesus said God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right?
Not once have I ever asked you to believe my insinuation though so I am not certain what you are on about there! undecided

Again, my question remains do you not believe Jesus Christ when He declared that the devil has been a liar from his(the devil's) beginning — not someone else's beginning but his?undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 6:46pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Not once have I ever asked you to believe my insinuation though so I am not certain what you are on about there! undecided

Again, my question remains do you not believe Jesus Christ when He declared that the devil has been a liar from his(the devil's) beginning — not someone else's beginning but his?undecided
So when is this 'beginning'? Is it from when he was created by God? Or from when he became the devil? Which one sir.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On May 25
Michael547:
■ So when is this 'beginning'? Is it from when he was created by God? Or from when he became the devil? Which one sir.
Ehn! So, the Devil had more than one beginning and Jesus Christ was obviously not aware of this? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 7:04pm On May 25
Kobojunkie:
Ehn! So, the Devil had more than one beginning and Jesus Christ was not aware of this? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ok let's say the beginning was when he was created. Now the question.
So Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right? Yes or no?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 7:04pm On May 25
Michael547:

The other pastors who are not in agreement with themselves keep learning and keep growing in knowledge to start agreeing with one another progressively, knowing that "what you don't know today, you might know tomorrow." Knowledge is progressive.
Nobody knows everything he ought to know. As long as there is no man perfect in knowledge, there'll continue to be disagreements and agreements.

It is those who separate themselves because of disagreements, and keep feeding on their own limited knowledge with the belief that they're perfect in knowledge that eventually shut the doors of progressive knowledge against themselves.

The Bible says "Iron sharpens iron" Proverbs 27:17.

Those who shut themselves from being sharpened in order to keep growing in knowledge and Revelation enter into much errors and bring upon themselves, eternal damnation as is the case with the JW .
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On May 25
Michael547:
■ Ok let's say the beginning was when he was created. Now the question. So Jesus meant that God programmed the devil to tell lies. The same God that said that we should not lie, right? Yes or no?
Again, my question remains do you not believe Jesus Christ when He(Jesus Christ) declared that the devil has been a liar from his(the devil's) beginning — not someone else's beginning but his? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Is The Apology For Christians And Others / Which Church? / What Laws From The Old Testament Should Christians Follow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.