Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,734 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) (1146 Views)

Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos) / MARY WORSHIP -by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) / Tears: Ex-Muslim Turned Christian Apologist, Nabeel Qureshi, Is Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 2:10pm On May 24
ok,this is my final bullet am gonna shoot here.
a year ago,back then when my faith in the Catholic church was as strong as ever,I could even defend the faith against protestants! then one night I had a dream in which I saw myself in confusion then a group of women dressed in your typical church choir girl clothes(white and blue) came and grabbed me away from the place the confusion was.then I was at ease with myself.they gathered round me and started laying hands praying for me....many prayers actually but the one prayer I heard very clearly was "I bless you with the gift of discernment" then the dream ended. so from that day I have been asking God to make that gift to discern come alive.with prayer and fasting.so then this year when i returned exhausted from school I just decided to read God's word,it was a long time I did that tho. so while reading I stummbled on matthew 15:9.which Jesus condemned putting teachings of men as God's own laws.And then immediately my mind just envisioned the catholic church...from that day I started losing faith in the church,I read more of the Bible and saw the diffs with what The Holy See or the Papacy teaches.then one day I decided to stop beating around the bush.I prayed to God that he should enlighten me on if I should leave the church or stay,I prayed with my room mate at that time.that very night God's voice visited me in a dream,that was really quick😅thanks God! cause I was expecting him to answer maybe like months or weeks from now or something,but he is God am I right? so the voice told me to go to the chapel of the good shephard(a bible teaching church on campus of which I had no idea it even existed)and I did,and right now I feel so much better right now,like...like I know this is what God wants for me.
people might come now and find some fault in what I said or oppose me,but I dont care! all I know is that God gave me when I asked and he has saved me!
"my soul magnifies the Lord,and my spirit rejoices in God my saviour,
for he has regarded the low estate of his servant.
for behold,all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
and his mercy on those who fear him from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm,
he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts,
he had put down the mighty from their thrones ,
and exalted those of low degree;
he has filled the starving with good things,
and the rich he has sent empty away.
He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
as he spoke to our fathers,to Abraham and to his posterity forever"
immortalcrown:
whatever you think about the Catholics respecting the Virgin Mary does not matter here. What matters here is that you have not been able to use any bible passage to condemn the act of respecting the Virgin Mary. Therefore, you have no fact against the Catholic Church in this case.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 2:19pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
ok,this is my final bullet am gonna shoot here.
a year ago,back then when my faith in the Catholic church was as strong as ever,I could even defend the faith against protestants! then one night I had a dream in which I saw myself in confusion then a group of women dressed in your typical church choir girl clothes(white and blue) came and grabbed me away from the place the confusion was.then I was at ease with myself.they gathered round me and started laying hands praying for me....many prayers actually but the one prayer I heard very clearly was "I bless you with the gift of discernment" then the dream ended. so from that day I have been asking God to make that gift to discern come alive.with prayer and fasting.so then this year when i returned exhausted from school I just decided to read God's word,it was a long time I did that tho. so while reading I stummbled on matthew 15:9.which Jesus condemned putting teachings of men as God's own laws.And then immediately my mind just envisioned the catholic church...from that day I started losing faith in the church,I read more of the Bible and saw the diffs with what The Holy See or the Papacy teaches.then one day I decided to stop beating around the bush.I prayed to God that he should enlighten me on if I should leave the church or stay,I prayed with my room mate at that time.that very night God's voice visited me in a dream,that was really quick😅thanks God! cause I was expecting him to answer maybe like months or weeks from now or something,but he is God am I right? so the voice told me to go to the chapel of the good shephard(a bible teaching church on campus of which I had no idea it even existed)and I did,and right now I feel so much better right now,like...like I know this is what God wants for me.
people might come now and find some fault in what I said or oppose me,but I dont care! all I know is that God gave me when I asked and he has saved me!
"my soul magnifies the Lord,and my spirit rejoices in God my saviour,
for he has regarded the low estate of his servant.
for behold,all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
and his mercy on those who fear him from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm,
he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts,
he had put down the mighty from their thrones ,
and exalted those of low degree;
he has filled the starving with good things,
and the rich he has sent empty away.
He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
as he spoke to our fathers,to Abraham and to his posterity forever"
I carefully read all you wrote here.
No part of it justifies the caption of this thread.

No part of it identifies any teaching of men that the Papacy presents as a law of God.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 2:51pm On May 24
remember you went against me saying that catholics arent christians,so I gave this testimony to show that they are not,cause if they were doing what a christian church does God would not have brought me out from among them. but then I want to correct myself.
the Catholic church in its traditions is not a christian church but some catholics are actually faithful christians.
immortalcrown:
[sub][/sub]I carefully read all you wrote here.
No part of it justifies the caption of this thread.

No part of it identifies any teaching of men that the Papacy presents as a law of God.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 2:59pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
remember you went against me saying that catholics arent christians,so I gave this testimony to show that they are not,cause if they were doing what a christian church does God would not have brought me out from among them. but then I want to correct myself.
the Catholic church in its traditions is not a christian church but some catholics are actually faithful christians.
Did God condemn Catholics in your vision? If yes, what exactly did God tell you against them?

What is that teaching of men that the Papacy presents as God's law?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 3:24pm On May 24
well God didnt condemn them,but when someone reads scripture and knows Christ as he is you will know that their teachings are not in line
the Catholic church tells us to pray to mary,those that sound like something God would say? its just a false tradition. praying to mary is like telling Christ that he isnt all powerful or all loving or all caring. jesus loves you more than anyone does,who else can sacrifice his life for you? mary? so asking mary to pray for you is the same thing as saying she shows mercy more than jesus.she doesnt need to pray for you,Jesus is in charge.did he ever tell us in scripture to pray to his mum? funny thing is Jesus should have joined the woman who blessed mary's womb in blessing too.but he immediately shut down every unecessary honour given to his mother luke 11:27-28
jesus is not disrespecting her or anything but the unknown woman was praising mary for giving birth to him(what catholics do by magnifying her motherhood) instead jesus gives praise to those who hear God's word and keep it,which mary did and all other great men and women of God in the Bible.veneration of Mary is a tradition of men which the church twists to look like it came from God.
immortalcrown:
Did God condemn Catholics in your vision? If yes, what exactly did God tell you against them?

What is that teaching of men that the Papacy presents as God's law?

1 Like

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 3:32pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
well God didnt condemn them,but when someone reads scripture and knows Christ as he is you will know that their teachings are not in line
the Catholic church tells us to pray to mary,those that sound like something God would say? its just a false tradition. praying to mary is like telling Christ that he isnt all powerful or all loving or all caring. jesus loves you more than anyone does,who else can sacrifice his life for you? mary? so asking mary to pray for you is the same thing as saying she shows mercy more than jesus.she doesnt need to pray for you,Jesus is in charge.did he ever tell us in scripture to pray to his mum? funny thing is Jesus should have joined the woman who blessed mary's womb in blessing too.but he immediately shut down every unecessary honour given to his mother luke 11:27-28
jesus is not disrespecting her or anything but the unknown woman was praising mary for giving birth to him(what catholics do by magnifying her motherhood) instead jesus gives praise to those who hear God's word and keep it,which mary did and all other great men and women of God in the Bible.veneration of Mary is a tradition of men which the church twists to look like it came from God.
At first, you claimed that Catholics are not Christians. You later admitted that the statement is wrong.

You condemn the Catholic for asking saints and the virgin Mary to pray for them. But you have failed to use the Bible to prove the Catholic wrong in this regard.

You condemn the Catholic for using candles. But you have failed to use the Bible to prove the Catholic wrong in this regard.

You claimed that God took you away from the Catholic because Catholics are not Christians. You later said that God did not tell you that Catholics are not Christians.

This clearly shows that all your reasons for condemning the Catholic are not factual but sentimental.

Now, answer the following questions:
You have said that the Catholic taught you to pray to Mary. Please which Catholic parish or Catholic priest taught you to pray to Mary?

I asked again, what is that teaching of men that the Papacy present to you as God's law?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 3:36pm On May 24
Michael547:

😁😁😁you've technically not asked me any question.
You've been asking who gave me right to examine the doctrines of pastors that you've recommended.
That question shows that you don't have answer to my question of if all these pastors are in agreement when it comes to biblical doctrines.

You are saying i dont have right to examine the doctrines of your recommended pastors but you've been examining the teachings of the JWs. Is that not hypocrisy?

Michael547, Stop disturbing Mightysparrow. He already knows you force falsehood on your congregations, that's why he's asking you who made you a judge of pastors' doctrines?

Pastors are humans. They're not God. They can disagree on matters of interpretation. It happened in Acts 15. Paul and Barnabas had disagreements too. One agreement we all have as Christians is that Christ is the Son of God (not an angel) who came to die for man's sins, and resurrected to give us eternal life. He's coming again for His saints to live together with Him for all eternity. That's our common ground.

No pastor forces his doctrines on church members. You can feed on the Word of God from a pastor, you're free to disagree with some things. Ask questions and debate doctrines during Bible studies. Get home and study for yourself. Hold to whatever you know to be the truth. Follow Jesus. Not any man. That's it.

Doctrines don't separate us. We are one in Christ Jesus. It's not doctrines that make us one but Christ.

The Roman Catholics deviate completely from the very foundations of Christian doctrine. That's why the OP sees that they're not Christians. That's a church that worships the queen of heaven - Semiramis (Astaroth) disguised as Mary the mother of Jesus. They worship images.

All those pastors mentioned by Mightysparrow are still brothers in Christ. They fellowship together and have respect for one another even though there might be slight differences in doctrines.

Jesus is the basis for our oneness. Not doctrines.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 4:09pm On May 24
FxMasterz:

Michael547, Stop disturbing Mightysparrow. He already knows you force falsehood on your congratulations, that's why he's asking you who made you a judge of pastors' doctrines?

Pastors are humans. They're not God. They can disagree on matters of interpretation. It happened in Acts 15. Paul and Barnabas had disagreements too. One agreement we all have as Christians is that Christ is the Son of God (not an angel) who came to die for man's sins, and resurrected to give us eternal life. He's coming again for His saints to live together with Him for all eternity. That's our common ground.

No pastor forces his doctrines on church members. You can feed on the Word of God from a pastor, you're free to disagree with some things. Ask questions and debate doctrines during Bible studies. Get home and study for yourself. Hold to whatever you know to be the truth. Follow Jesus. Not any man. That's it.

Doctrines don't separate us. We are one in Christ Jesus. It's not doctrines that make us one but Christ.

The Roman Catholics deviate completely from the very foundations of Christian doctrine. That's why the OP sees that they're not Christians. That's a church that worships the queen of heaven - Semiramis (Astaroth) disguised as Mary the mother of Jesus. They worship images.

All those pastors mentioned by Mightysparrow are still brothers in Christ. They fellowship together and have respect for one another even though there might be slight differences in doctrines.

Jesus is the basis for our oneness. Not doctrines.
Was the disagreement that Paul and Barnabas had a biblical doctrinal disagreements?
If yes, what was the doctrinal matter about?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Aemmyjah(m): 4:16pm On May 24
FxMasterz:

Michael547, Stop disturbing Mightysparrow. He already knows you force falsehood on your congratulations, that's why he's asking you who made you a judge of pastors' doctrines?

Issoryt
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 4:50pm On May 24
Michael547:

Was the disagreement that Paul and Barnabas had a biblical doctrinal disagreements?

The disagreement Paul and Barnabas had was not doctrinal but they had a disagreement. That's the point. There could be disagreements. That doesn't dissolve the oneness of Christ's body.

The disagreement recorded in Acts 15 was doctrinal. Why did you avoid talking about this?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 4:54pm On May 24
God took me from the church because the "Catholic church" is not a christian church.but now within the catholic church there are some of them who are actually christians who dont follow in their false teachings but hold only the teaching that christ is the Saviour.
and please, every catholic church prays to mary and the saints. If you are praying your rosary,do you say it is a 'prayer with mary'? dont you say 'prayer to mary'? just like the prayer 'to' st michael the archangel? so its a norm for catholics to pray to her,even more blasphemous of the Catholic church is when st alfonso de ligouri wrote a book called the "Glories of Mary" a famous catholic book in which he stated that we should pray to Mary as a mediator and look to her as an object of trust for answered prayers and that she rules one half of God's kingdom,she rules the kingdom of mercy while Jesus rules justice(limiting christ)
and also there is not just one teaching that the Catholic church wants you to see as divine revelation,there are numerous. like the veneration of Mary,confession to a priest,baptism of infants,eucharist being the true body and blood of christ. none of these have 'solid' roots in scripture.
immortalcrown:
At first, you claimed that Catholics are not Christians. You later admitted that the statement is wrong.

You claimed that God took you away from the Catholic because Catholics are not Christians. You later said that God did not tell you that Catholics are not Christians. This shows that you tried using your sentiment to condemn Catholics.

Now, answer the following questions:
You have said that the Catholic taught you to pray to Mary. Please which Catholic parish or Catholic priest taught you to pray to Mary?

I asked again, what is that teaching of men that the Papacy present to you as God's law?

1 Like

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 4:58pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
God took me from the church because the "Catholic church" is not a christian church.but now within the catholic church there are some of them who are actually christians who dont follow in their false teachings but hold only the teaching that christ is the Saviour.
and please, every catholic church prays to mary and the saints. If you are praying your rosary,do you say it is a 'prayer with mary'? dont you say 'prayer to mary'? just like the prayer 'to' st michael the archangel? so its a norm for catholics to pray to her,even more blasphemous of the Catholic church is when st alfonso de ligouri wrote a book called the "Glories of Mary" a famous catholic book in which he stated that we should pray to Mary as a mediator and look to her as an object of trust for answered prayers and that she rules one half of God's kingdom,she rules the kingdom of mercy while Jesus rules justice(limiting christ)
and also there is not just one teaching that the Catholic church wants you to see as divine revelation,there are numerous. like the veneration of Mary,confession to a priest,baptism of infants,eucharist being the true body and blood of christ. none of these have 'solid' roots in scripture.
You have already confessed that God did not tell you that Catholics are not Christians. So, it is pointless arguing further in that regard. Please, quote exactly any sentence that the Catholics use to pray to Mary.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 5:23pm On May 24
immortalcrown:
You have already confessed that God did not tell you that Catholics are not Christians. So, it is pointless arguing further in that regard. Please, quote exactly any sentence that the Catholics use to pray to Mary.

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by MightySparrow: 5:29pm On May 24
Michael547:

Tell us, please.

Be honest to give exact answers.

Mind you, I have reservations about your honesty.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by MightySparrow: 5:32pm On May 24
Michael547:

Lol...so you mean answering if your recommended pastors are in agreement biblically is now a problem?
Well......just goes to show that you are not still sure of what you are doing.

Okay.

You that you are sure, tell us what you know about these pastors and their teachings.

Be honest please.

I am hammering on honesty.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Aemmyjah(m): 5:36pm On May 24
MightySparrow:

Okay.

You that you are sure, tell us what you know about these pastors and their teachings.

Be honest please.

Oga
Answer simple question
Is their teachings or doctrine in agreement?
Yes or No?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 5:37pm On May 24
Livingdeath:

I have attached the Catholic interpretation of what you posted.

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by MightySparrow: 5:37pm On May 24
Aemmyjah:

Oga
Answer simple question
Is their teachings or doctrine in agreement?
Yes or No?

What has that to do with issue of dishonesty raised

Are you afraid of being honest?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
1. long process of exorcism: catholic priests use candles,rosaries,relics,holy water and the likes just to cast out demons where as the apostles did so in his name alone.
1. How is the catholic process any different from the "deliverance" process of the other Christian denominations though? Jesus Christ and His disciples never spent what seemed more than a moment or two when it came to commanding demons out of individuals. However, in your Christian religion, the process and rituals consume so much time and energy, a tradition that is common with most religions. grin
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
2. salvation through the church: the Catholic church teaches that coming to mass,going for confession etc and other 'works' of charity is what will save you where as the bible teaches faith in jesus is what will save
2. Jesus Christ never asked His followers to build churches using His name, and He never commanded anyone to attend what you would call church services in His Name. So, while faulting Catholicism, you should equally fault all of Christianity as well as all religions in this too. undecided

Religion has absolutely nothing to do with God of Israel or Jesus Christ given that the many doctrines and traditions of men are lies when compared to the Word of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
3. the infallibility of the pope: only God is infallible,then why is the pope claiming that for himself? anyone who says he is not a sinner calls God a liar .
3. Where Jesus Christ instead declared that all men and women are equal in the Kingdom of God- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10-, we know that in every denomination of Christianity, and all other religions out there, their gods of men — popes, imams, priests, Bishops, GBS, Daddy GOs, Spiritual Fathers, Monks, etc. — are men who are held in higher regard and considered near 'infallible' by their many worshippers. Come on now... Catholicism isn't alone in this regard either. undecided

Religion has absolutely nothing to do with God of Israel or Jesus Christ given that the many doctrines and traditions of men are lies when compared to the Word of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
4.asking intercession from the dead in christ: hebrews 4:14-16 tells us that we have christ as our perfect high priest,the Bible tells us that he along with the Spirit intercedes on our behalf...then why do we need the 'saints'?they cant even hear you. and the dead should not be interferring with the living. Abraham explains that the people have the prophets to guide them not some dead guy luke 16:27-29
4. Jesus Christ is the King forever. He died rose from the grave and ascended to Heaven as is. His disciples, however, all eventually died. And when you consider that much of Christianity is founded, not on the teachings of Jesus Christ but rather on the musings of the minds of His dead disciples — dead men—, you realize that what the Catholics do isn't that much different from what the rest of Christianity equally does, which is veneration of dead men. Yes, the average Christian can quote— out of context, of course — the words of Paul, James, and John, but the same cannot even recite at least 10 commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ, the one who never died. undecided

Catholicism isn't the only guilty denomination in this case. All sects of Christianity are to be equally faulted even in this. Religion has absolutely nothing to do with God of Israel or Jesus Christ given that the many doctrines and traditions of men are lies when compared to the Word of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 5:43pm On May 24
MightySparrow:

Okay.

Be honest please.

I have nothing to tell you.....you recommended the pastors. You are supposed to answer the questions that followed your recommendation.
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Michael547(m): 5:45pm On May 24
FxMasterz:

The disagreement Paul and Barnabas had was not doctrinal but they had a disagreement. That's the point. There could be disagreements. That doesn't dissolve the oneness of Christ's body.

The disagreement recorded in Acts 15 was doctrinal. Why did you avoid talking about this?
Was the doctrinal disagreement in Acts 15 later resolved? Or was it left to everyone to decide what they will believe independently?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
5.the eternal virginity and veneration of Mary: Mary doesnt deserve all what catholics do to her.wait now and think,imagine if the actual Mary we know from the bible suddenly comes to our modern world and sees all the statues and rosaries,she will never accept such! her Magnificat tells us who she was. a lowly servant of God thriving to do God's will and she acknowledged herself as a sinner by calling God her savior. catholics twist the Bible too much,it is so clear that Mary had other kids apart from jesus,then why he marry her in the first place? matthew 1:25
5. Yeah, that sheet is messed up but the same can be said of the way Christians from other sects worship their many gods of men and the virginity of women as well. God of Israel never said nor indicated that holiness or righteousness was somehow bestowed on a woman on grounds of never having sex. That worship or glorification of virginity which is observed in pretty much all denominations of Christianity is extra-Scriptural, and is observed even in numerous other religions particularly those with clearly occult leanings. grin

The entirety of Christianity is guilty as far as the twisting of Scripture so don't for even a moment pretend the Catholics are alone in it. The very foundation of what you call Christianity today was laid on the lies of catholicism and it continues to this day to be a religion founded on the lies of men and not an ounce of the Truth of God of Israel or Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 6:01pm On May 24
that is where the Catholic church finds fault,the answer you gave said you guys love her because she is God's mother-totally against luke 11:27-28 where Jesus states that blessed are those that hear God's word and keep it,meaning Jesus puts Mary's obedience to God over her birthing him as being worthy of praise. so then with it being established that God valued Mary's obedience over her being his son's mother,why should she then be given so much honour? all the men of God in the Bible obeyed God,so why dont we build their statues? or sing praises to them?or pray to them?or make rosaries for them. another thing is,why did they call Mary most gracious advocate? they are literally stealing the Holy spirit's post!
immortalcrown:
I have attached the Catholic interpretation of what you posted.

1 Like

Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
[b] 7.the Vatican: [/b]nothing good comes from Rome! that evil empire who is the fourth beast in Daniel's book,who captured God's people and forced them to pay taxes?who attempted to kill baby jesus?who killed john the baptist?who crucified the Lord?who persecuted the apostles and believers?who slayed a number of christians in the year 1555 to 1559 by a pope?
I cannot go back to catholic church,i have seen their dark secrets,these stuffs I listed are just few of false catholic teaching. I dont want to go to hell ooo.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dude, nothing good comes from Religion and Nigeria is a clear example of this too! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 So, you should not just run from Rome but religion in its entirety!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Aemmyjah(m): 6:06pm On May 24
MightySparrow:

What has that to do with issue of dishonesty raised

Are you afraid of being honest?

Answer my honest question first
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
6.Chrislam: mr pope has disobeyed the Bible. paul warned against christians being influenced by pagan religions 2 corinthians 6:14-18
This is a clear example of the problem I mentioned earlier. You fault the Catholics for venerating the dead yet here you are quoting a dead man who has yet to be judged by God. Veneration of the dead isn't just that which the catholic do but even that which all other religions do when they quote a man as though he is some sort of god over them. 😂😂😂😂
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by immortalcrown(m): 6:16pm On May 24
Livingdeath:
that is where the Catholic church finds fault,the answer you gave said you guys love her because she is God's mother-totally against luke 11:27-28 where Jesus states that blessed are those that hear God's word and keep it,meaning Jesus puts Mary's obedience to God over her birthing him as being worthy of praise. so then with it being established that God valued Mary's obedience over her being his son's mother,why should she then be given so much honour? all the men of God in the Bible obeyed God,so why dont we build their statues? or sing praises to them?or pray to them?or make rosaries for them. another thing is,why did they call Mary most gracious advocate? they are literally stealing the Holy spirit's post!
The verse you quoted does not condemn the veneration of the Virgin Mary. So, what exactly is your point?
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by Livingdeath(m): 6:52pm On May 24
so...the Israelites venerated Moses and the prophets? since they quoted moses laws and that of the prophets.
Kobojunkie:
This is a clear example of the problem I mentioned earlier. You fault the Catholics for venerating the dead yet here you are quoting a dead man who has yet to be judged by God. Veneration of the dead isn't just that which the catholic do but even that which all other religions do when they quote a man as though he is some sort of god over them. 😂😂😂😂
Re: Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) by FxMasterz: 6:52pm On May 24
Michael547:

Was the doctrinal disagreement in Acts 15 later resolved? Or was it left to everyone to decide what they will believe independently?

The doctrinal disagreement was resolved but that does not mean that all doctrinal disagreements were resolved. Most of the epistles of the new testament were written to address doctrinal disagreements. Acts 15 shows that we're still brothers even in the midst of disagreements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Simply Can't Hate Muslims / Why Do We Die At An Early Age / The Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.