Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,867 members, 7,862,871 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:11 AM

These Fears Are Real At 33 - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / These Fears Are Real At 33 (7695 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Not Too Old At 33 - Man Criticizes Double Standard / At 33 Am I Wrong For Not Having A Serious Wife? / Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by anonymuz(m): 7:12am On May 25
chyzoo4u:

Poor example. You don't depend on anyone to win. Peradventure they help you win, that's a bonus, but never depend on anyone for you to win.

Arsenal won Westham and Tottenham yet was depending on them to win Man City... funny.

Out of a possible 12 points with Aston Villa and Fulham, Arsenal was able to get only 1 point yet they want some other teams to draw with almighty (yes, they're almighty) Man City for them to win the League... That's ridiculous!

Fight for yourself, don't depend on others.
gbam

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by anonymuz(m): 7:14am On May 25
Elzazzi:

Thanks boss. E go better for all or us
Amen
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Abolodje: 7:16am On May 25
This thread cuts deep and just hit a nerve

7 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by ufotty2001: 7:17am On May 25
Nigeria is not like before again! I have come to realized that Nigeria men are now becoming financially stable at 40yrs.. even at 35yrs most men don't have direction yet but they are some that have although even at 20s. That is why u see men are now marrying late..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by ruggedtimi(m): 7:21am On May 25
Blessedpalms:
Don't be bothered about what people think about what you do. You'll only be respected if you are able to care for yourself and people around you.
especially your parents.

3 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by franchasofficia: 7:29am On May 25
This story is touching. Unfortunately one person alone who isn't a billionaire yet and not even a government official cannot make a visible change.

Seun please how can you pull willing Nairalanders together to assist some focused, willing, sincere and dedicated Nairalanders with a Nairaland skill acquisition and business training with some startup capital or tools at the end of the training? I am willing to be a part of it, unfortunately I am not a billionaire yet to embark on this journey alone, so we need a crowdfunding or joint committee of volunteers to do this, I am in.

Seun Osewa lead this, open a thread for it and call for volunteers and put the thread on front page everyday for 30 days let's get this started because APC government have shattered hope for most Nigerian youths, it's sad. We need to play our own part as willing individuals and help the few we can and also encourage more volunteers to come on board to pull more youths out of this situation.

Sighs

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by anonymuz(m): 7:42am On May 25
Elzazzi:

This your advise no follow abeg. Marry when a man can't even eat well in this economy?

Then your wife starts disrespecting you and go fvcking around? No no
it will also drain someone mentally and physically.
Nigeria Women can't motivate men.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by balaclava: 7:58am On May 25
I am 42 + years old

I have had my struggles

Graduated at 24.

Got an average 4yrs contract job at 31

Started a very small scale business at 34.

Married at 38.

Got my 1st good job at 40.

Had my 1st and only child at same age.

Started another medium scale business at 42

Started my Google Data Analytics course at 42.

This is late according to men but they don't know the 360 degree of my journey- my story.

Our lives are different, some have easy, some hard, others very hard. Reason why some say Life is not fair.

Delays are sometimes because of external factors around our lives, some as a result of our own poor decisions, others are just out of our control.

I am not certain of what tomorrow holds but I won't give up as long as there is life in this body.

We don't give up here.

Don't give up!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by BabbanBura(m): 8:03am On May 25
Blessedpalms:
These fears are more than real the moment you hit 33. I looked in my mirror and saw my beards, becoming everything I feared.
I have never felt so lonely in a world filled with 7 billon humans. Too much worries

Maybe I should have took that risk, maybe I should have learnt something instead of just focusing on academics. I keep thinking about everything I could have done earlier. Maybe I should have started this 5 years ago at 28. Maybe I should have started that 7 years ago when I was 26.
But it's unfortunate those years are in the past now.

It's my fault, I was optimistic and thought things were going to be better. Government employment, good salary. I'll have a good career and my own family. Maybe a wife and 2 kids.
I just laughed at myself now,
This clown got No kids, no business
maybe that's even a blessing in disguise because how do I feed them?
I have always been afraid not being able to be there for people around me talk less of my kids. These fears are real because I can't even be there for myself.

I am not the type that blames anyone. I feel like life has a way of telling you optimism is weakness and a lie.
Don't get me wrong, Life is kind to many others
And this is where temptations comes, you start to see society and crime from a different perspective.
No one is free from this kinds of temptations

No one is free from this kinds of temptations.
This is why I find it hard to blame call girls and women in clubs acting a stripper. You don't know the kind of struggles that push people to where they are. I have grown and learnt not to make mockery of anyone. Some of them aren't even 33 yet. Alot of things tempt people to Fall. Many people with no real jobs.

Appprehsive about what to eat, appprehsive about health, Appprehsive about neighborhood asking for any fee, apprehensive about Rent, Appprehsive about aged parents. I don't know what tomorrow holds. You tell people to teach you things, they tell you, you're too old.

I am at a point where I am trying not fall. It's emotionally shattering. NO job, no real solid financial backing. It feels like only you in the world. you have to fight and figure it all out.
You think, Plan, write but see, it all feels like a meaningless scribble.

If you you are still 25 or 26 now is the time to do something. Just do something, forget about optimism. Optimism is deceptive.
Do everything not to stumble and fall in the future. Don't be bothered about what people think about what you do. You'll only be respected if you are able to care for yourself and people around you.

You are right Bro. However, double your efforts instead of sulking in regrets, you don't need any negative energy to weigh you down the more

5 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by onlinestaff247: 8:05am On May 25
Blessedpalms:
These fears are more than real the moment you hit 33. I looked in my mirror and saw my beards, becoming everything I feared.
I have never felt so lonely in a world filled with 7 billon humans. Too much worries

Maybe I should have took that risk, maybe I should have learnt something instead of just focusing on academics. I keep thinking about everything I could have done earlier. Maybe I should have started this 5 years ago at 28. Maybe I should have started that 7 years ago when I was 26.

It's my fault, I was optimistic and thought things were going to be better. Government employment, good salary. I'll have a good career and my own family. Maybe a wife and 2 kids.
I have always been afraid not being able to be there for people around me talk less of my kids. These fears are real because I can't even be there for myself.

I am not the type that blames anyone. I feel like life has a way of telling you optimism is weakness and a lie.
And this is where temptations comes, you start to see society and crime from a different perspective.

This is why I find it hard to blame call girls and women in clubs acting a stripper. You don't know the kind of struggles that push people to where they are. I have grown and learnt not to make mockery of anyone. Some of them aren't even 33 yet. Alot of things tempt people to Fall. Many people with no real jobs.

Appprehsive about what to eat, appprehsive about health, Appprehsive about neighborhood asking for any fee, apprehensive about Rent, Appprehsive about aged parents. I don't know what tomorrow holds. You tell people to teach you things, they tell you, you're too old.

I am at a point where I am trying not fall. It's emotionally shattering. NO job, no real solid financial backing. It feels like only you in the world. you have to fight and figure it all out.

If you you are still 25 or 26 now is the time to do something. Just do something, forget about optimism. Optimism is deceptive.
Do everything not to stumble and fall in the future. Don't be bothered about what people think about what you do. You'll only be respected if you are able to care for yourself and people around you.

Guy,

Forget all those regrets and move on.
Are you opening the doors of depression into your life?
Life has got no duplicate.
You would still enjoy those things you lack if you hustle hard now.
No time is late.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Starboytwo(m): 8:20am On May 25

So young , wild and free.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by tropaz(m): 8:45am On May 25
Blessedpalms:

Dear Agemate,

Firstly, I feel your plight and I hope you achieve breakthrough sooner than you envisaged.

Anyways, I feel you are still young enough to dream and follow it up. Don't wait on any government for assistance. Infact, don't wait for any family members. If possible, ghost every iota of negative energy around you.

Moreso, I feel your write up is well articulated, realistic and organized. Hence, can't you commercialize your writing skills? Please think outside the box. One thing you ought to know is that the gift of a man shall make a way for him. We are all gifted differently, All we need to do is identify our strengths, realize our weaknesses, harness all Opportunities around us and face our threats as early as possible, don't shy away from them!

In honest conclusion, "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE GOD FACTOR". God can make the weakness of a man become strength in front of other men. He can make a weak man run faster than agile youths. God get power my brother.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Olawrites: 8:54am On May 25
Just 33?

You still a boy

Hustle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Blessedpalms: 11:01am On May 25
I just wanted to express myself and my heart felt hurt. It's not like I wanted to lament or advice anyone on the best way to win in life.
I believe every human has a path no matter how much we try.

No one is absolutely wise and no one is perfect: isn't that the irony about human journey?
We are all just learning life

4 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Elzazzi: 11:01am On May 25
anonymuz:

I'm telling you bro
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by McStoic(m): 12:14pm On May 25
Blessedpalms:

Na wa oo
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by sageb: 12:28pm On May 25
franchasofficia:
This story is touching. Unfortunately one person alone who isn't a billionaire yet and not even a government official cannot make a visible change.

Seun please how can you pull willing Nairalanders together to assist some focused, willing, sincere and dedicated Nairalanders with a Nairaland skill acquisition and business training with some startup capital or tools at the end of the training? I am willing to be a part of it, unfortunately I am not a billionaire yet to embark on this journey alone, so we need a crowdfunding or joint committee of volunteers to do this, I am in.

Seun Osewa lead this, open a thread for it and call for volunteers and put the thread on front page everyday for 30 days let's get this started because APC government have shattered hope for most Nigerian youths, it's sad. We need to play our own part as willing individuals and help the few we can and also encourage more volunteers to come on board to pull more youths out of this situation.

Sighs

Good idea
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by sageb: 12:30pm On May 25
balaclava:
I am 42 + years old

I have had my struggles

Graduated at 24.

Married at 38.

This is late according to men but they don't know the 360 degree of my journey- my story.

Our lives are different, some have easy, some hard, others very hard. Reason why some say Life is not fair.

Delays are sometimes because of external factors around our lives, some as a result of our own poor decisions, others are just out of our control.

I am not certain of what tomorrow holds but I won't give up as long as there is life in this body.

We don't give up here.

Don't give up!

Quite motivating

5 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Johnson225(m): 1:05pm On May 25
Nice thread
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Evolutionism: 1:41pm On May 25
Elzazzi:

It's okay if that works for you. But for me I don't need a girl to put me on my toes before I will hustle or work hard. Infact sometimes they may be distractions, and may continually compare you with the happening guys in town. This is common among majority of Nigerian ladies down south. But I'm not totally ruling out the option that some do help and bring ideas to help, especially If she sees the future with him. [code][/code]

Thank you!

The kind of mentality he has is the sole reason for high poverty rate in NIGERIA and the sole reason why the various prisons around the country are filled with a lot of men.

In as much as i understand that responsibilities and purpose are great motivator but not in the case of NIGERIA. I can confidently tell you that the vast amount of married people living from hand to mouth in NIGERIA are more than single men living from hand to mouth. Many among these men were motivated by their girlfriends to carry on into MARRIAGE that things will get better but there they are today.

You don't really need a Female Human to motivate you to hustle more in life. There are thousands of other important reasons to motivate you to hustle more in life.

As for me, I love to look good, stay in shape, eat good and organic foods, reading, researching, traveling, very adventurous and lots more. The Female Human isn't among the Top Ten Of Things that motivates me to hustle more. A Female Human that has no stable feelings and can fade into thin air leaving you to your faith when things isn't rossy!

The interesting part is i have seen many and have some of these made people living the type of life i aspire for around me. So that's enough motivation for any man who knows his onions very well.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Elzazzi: 2:15pm On May 25
Evolutionism:

Thank you!

The kind of mentality he has is the sole reason for high poverty rate in NIGERIA and the sole reason why the various prisons around the country are filled with a lot of men.

In as much as i understand that responsibilities and purpose are great motivator but not in the case of NIGERIA. I can confidently tell you that the vast amount of married people living from hand to mouth in NIGERIA are more than single men living from hand to mouth. Many among these men were motivated by their girlfriends to carry on into MARRIAGE that things will get better but there they are today.

You don't really need a Female Human to motivate you to hustle more in life. There are thousands of other important reasons to motivate you to hustle more in life.

As for me, I love to look good, stay in shape, eat good and organic foods, reading, researching, very adventurous and lots more. The Female Human isn't among the Top Ten Of Things that motivates me to hustle more. A Female Human that has no stable feelings and can fade into thin air leaving you to your faith when things isn't rossy!

The interesting part is i have seen many and have some of these made people living the type of life i aspire for around me. So that's enough motivation for any man who knows his onions very well.

I totally concur with you.

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Evolutionism: 2:20pm On May 25
balaclava:
I am 42 + years old

I have had my struggles

Graduated at 24.

Married at 38.

We don't give up here.

Don't give up!

Nice!

Imagine your "GREAT PATIENCE, FOCUS, DISCIPLINE & DETERMINATION" before you ventured into procreation. I'm Awed!

If we have "real educated" people like you who makes the majority of Nigeria's population. Believe me the country will be a good sight to behold.

Majority of illiterate nigerian men (even some supposed illiterate educated graduates) already have like Five Children if not more at your age while riding okada or driving keke marwa. Sigh!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by okoroemeka(m): 2:27pm On May 25
anonymuz:
say about your own woman the greatest motivator that is pushing me beyond targets and what I even thought is impossible is my wife

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Snowx: 3:01pm On May 25
Inam not yet married at 38years, because of some struggles..but in all I thank God that I can pay someones daughter bride price and feed her..buy I am not that bouyant enough...men dey see something, unless you re born with a silver spoon

Or you have opportunities age 20s to grab something...entering school in this part of the world can also derail a mans not to achieve his desires early

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Raalsalghul: 3:38pm On May 25
Evolutionism:

Nice!

Imagine your "GREAT PATIENCE, DISCIPLINE & DETERMINATION" before you ventured into procreation. I'm Awed!

If we have "real educated" people like you who makes the majority of Nigeria's population. Believe me the country will be a good sight to behold.

Majority of illiterate nigerian men (even some supposed illiterate educated graduates) already have like Five Children if not more at your age while riding okada or driving keke marwa. Sigh!

grin

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by sageb: 5:34pm On May 25
Evolutionism:

Thank you!

As for me, I love to look good, stay in shape, eat good and organic foods, reading, researching, traveling, very adventurous and lots more. The Female Human isn't among the Top Ten Of Things that motivates me to hustle more. A Female Human that has no stable feelings and can fade into thin air leaving you to your faith when things isn't rossy!

Reality check

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by MOG6670(m): 6:28pm On May 25
[quote author=Sonnobax15 post=130124111] lipsrsealed
It is well bro......

We dey on the same shoe...buh different lace...

The only difference between us is that I've always put it at the back of my mind since I was a kid that the future wasn't gonna be rosey just like how we used to fantasize about it as kids.......I already knew what was at stake......I already knew it wasn't gonna be easy .....

So along the line,even when I was in school,I started to develop muscles in my mind....I knew I was going to need them immediately after school.......so it was and has been.....

But in all of these, giving up isn't and should never be an option for any young nigha out there who's been hustling......Know this and know that the end Of every god-damned tunnel will always be brightest
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by IMO01: 6:51pm On May 25
Me I'm 35 this year oh
Just web development
Digital marketing and cryptocurrency I'm using to survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Love800(m): 10:55am On May 26
You are very correct.
Thanks alot
Elzazzi:
[/b]

@bolded that's not the case for kids born into poor family. It's not anyone fault to be born into poor homes where the parents don't even have adequate plans for themselves, talkless of their kids. We have no control over the kind of family we are born into. That's solely the decision of God.
But it's a disaster to be born into a poor home in a country like Nigeria.

Money brings exposure, while poverty will just waste one's time and kill the vision and potentials.

Most times the harsh and brutal reality of life begins to hit one so hard in his late 20s or early 30s.

Anyway we just have to keep grinding. But life isn't rosy at all for that average kid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Elzazzi: 11:58am On May 26
Love800:
You are very correct.
Thanks alot

You are welcome
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by DonroxyII: 8:09pm On May 26
Love800:
Its not our fault though.
Life is not fair. From 0-25yr old, humans lack quality information. From 26-27, you start thinking about what to do with your life. Now you need to be fast with the thinking to come to a final conclusion. You may conclude at 28, 29, 31, 32............ It depends.

But in all, if you have a fantastic parent(guardian) dat showed you the way(giving you authentic information and direction) in your chidhood and early teens, you will be matured in your early 20s. You will get sense and decison making in your early adult-hood.
Is this not One hell of a Sense...

People would say Nairalander no get sense ... See Sense Everywhere !

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by skywalker240(m): 8:33pm On May 26
Elzazzi:
[/b]

@bolded that's not the case for kids born into poor family. It's not anyone fault to be born into poor homes where the parents don't even have adequate plans for themselves, talkless of their kids. We have no control over the kind of family we are born into. That's solely the decision of God.
But it's a disaster to be born into a poor home in a country like Nigeria.

Money brings exposure, while poverty will just waste one's time and kill the vision and potentials.

Most times the harsh and brutal reality of life begins to hit one so hard in his late 20s or early 30s.

Anyway we just have to keep grinding. But life isn't rosy at all for that average kid.
That bolder you quoted is actually correct

Nothing stops a poor parents or guardian from encouraging the kids learning a skills that would benefit them in future?

Education comes in different ways, it doesn't necessarily involves 100% money

It should be the duty of the parents to get them exposed early to the realities of life, at least it's better to prepare a child early instead of trying to fix him to be a better Man

Experience thought me this. Back then in the late 80s early 90s when I was still in primary school, a particular anty was fund of making fun of the kids who their parents struggle or even can't pay school fees and levies, those kids were always sent home. These kids find it hard to meet up academically unlike us that were born with silver spoons then, most of them had to drop out of school totally because the pressure was too much

Funny most of these kids were trying out some vocational skills, like welding, carpentry work, auto mechanic getting exposed to life, that anty always make mockery of them and use them as example for us that if we don't study hard, we would end up like them and not get the white collar job

Today most of those guys are successful financially and able to settle their bills.

What am trying to say, even when their parents and guardian's were poor, that didn't stop them from encouraging the kids in other forms of education, which they don't really have to base on money

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Testing Your Partner's Fidelity With Your Friend. / Can You Date A Girl That Has A Bad Temper? / The Heat Of Virginity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.