Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,860 members, 7,862,827 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

These Fears Are Real At 33 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / These Fears Are Real At 33 (7694 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Not Too Old At 33 - Man Criticizes Double Standard / At 33 Am I Wrong For Not Having A Serious Wife? / Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Fears Are Real At 33 by Blessedpalms: 6:27pm On May 24
These fears are more than real the moment you hit 33. I looked in my mirror and saw my beards, becoming everything I feared.
I have never felt so lonely in a world filled with 7 billon humans. Too much worries

Maybe I should have took that risk, maybe I should have learnt something instead of just focusing on academics. I keep thinking about everything I could have done earlier. Maybe I should have started this 5 years ago at 28. Maybe I should have started that 7 years ago when I was 26.
But it's unfortunate those years are in the past now.

It's my fault, I was optimistic and thought things were going to be better. Government employment, good salary. I'll have a good career and my own family. Maybe a wife and 2 kids.
I just laughed at myself now,
This clown got No kids, no business
maybe that's even a blessing in disguise because how do I feed them?
I have always been afraid not being able to be there for people around me talk less of my kids. These fears are real because I can't even be there for myself.

I am not the type that blames anyone. I feel like life has a way of telling you optimism is weakness and a lie.
Don't get me wrong, Life is kind to many others
And this is where temptations comes, you start to see society and crime from a different perspective.
No one is free from this kinds of temptations

No one is free from this kinds of temptations.
This is why I find it hard to blame call girls and women in clubs acting a stripper. You don't know the kind of struggles that push people to where they are. I have grown and learnt not to make mockery of anyone. Some of them aren't even 33 yet. Alot of things tempt people to Fall. Many people with no real jobs.

Appprehsive about what to eat, appprehsive about health, Appprehsive about neighborhood asking for any fee, apprehensive about Rent, Appprehsive about aged parents. I don't know what tomorrow holds. You tell people to teach you things, they tell you, you're too old.

I am at a point where I am trying not fall. It's emotionally shattering. NO job, no real solid financial backing. It feels like only you in the world. you have to fight and figure it all out.
You think, Plan, write but see, it all feels like a meaningless scribble.

If you you are still 25 or 26 now is the time to do something. Just do something, forget about optimism. Optimism is deceptive.
Do everything not to stumble and fall in the future. Don't be bothered about what people think about what you do. You'll only be respected if you are able to care for yourself and people around you.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Sonnobax15(m): 6:30pm On May 24
lipsrsealed
It is well bro......

We dey on the same shoe...buh different lace...

The only difference between us is that I've always put it at the back of my mind since I was a kid that the future wasn't gonna be rosey just like how we used to fantasize about it as kids.......I already knew what was at stake......I already knew it wasn't gonna be easy .....

So along the line,even when I was in school,I started to develop muscles in my mind....I knew I was going to need them immediately after school.......so it was and has been.....

But in all of these, giving up isn't and should never be an option for any young nigha out there who's been hustling......Know this and know that the end Of every god-damned tunnel will always be brightest 🙏

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by phorget(m): 6:45pm On May 24
Hmmmmmm!
What you fail to do today might come to hurt you tomorrow. 33years is still a very good time to start whatever you want to do,pick up yourself and choose a niche that suits your passion.

27 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Nonexisting1: 6:59pm On May 24
phorget:
Hmmmmmm!
What you fail today might come to hurt you tomorrow. 33years is still a very good time to start whatever you want to do,pick up yourself and choose a niche that suits your passion.
No time is late actually. It's just that you need to slow down on your hustle as you age older to avoid high blood pressure and heart attack.

13 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Love800(m): 7:39pm On May 24
Its not our fault though.
Life is not fair. From 0-25yr old, humans lack quality information. From 26-27, you start thinking about what to do with your life. Now you need to be fast with the thinking to come to a final conclusion. You may conclude at 28, 29, 31, 32............ It depends.

But in all, if you have a fantastic parent(guardian) dat showed you the way(giving you authentic information and direction) in your chidhood and early teens, you will be matured in your early 20s. You will get sense and decison making in your early adult-hood.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Elzazzi: 9:01pm On May 24
Love800:
Its not our fault though.
Life is not fair. From 0-25yr old, humans lack quality information. From 26-27, you start thinking about what to do with your life. Now you need to be fast with the thinking to come to a final conclusion. You may conclude at 28, 29, 31, 32............ It depends.

But in all, if you have a fantastic parent(guardian) dat showed you the way(giving you authentic information and direction) in your chidhood and early teens, you will be matured in your early 20s. You will get sense and decison making in your early adult-hood.

@bolded that's not the case for kids born into poor family. It's not anyone fault to be born into poor homes where the parents don't even have adequate plans for themselves, talkless of their kids. We have no control over the kind of family we are born into. That's solely the decision of God.
But it's a disaster to be born into a poor home in a country like Nigeria.

Money brings exposure, while poverty will just waste one's time and kill the vision and potentials.

Most times the harsh and brutal reality of life begins to hit one so hard in his late 20s or early 30s.

Anyway we just have to keep grinding. But life isn't rosy at all for that average kid.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Elzazzi: 9:09pm On May 24
OP we share same sentiments. It's not easy. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by okoroemeka(m): 9:22pm On May 24
Elzazzi:
OP we share same sentiments. It's not easy. embarassed
I really think most times having a wife is a great motivator to do and think about things you probably will not if alone,having something to fight for is a fantastic brain teaser

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Elzazzi: 9:24pm On May 24
okoroemeka:
I really think most times having a wife is a great motivator to do and think about things you probably will not if alone,having something to fight for is a fantastic brain teaser

This your advise no follow abeg. Marry when a man can't even eat well in this economy?

Then your wife starts disrespecting you and go fvcking around? No no

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Samesame247: 10:07pm On May 24
Guy, make sure you dey tap your phone.

Internet money has no limit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Coolmagy: 10:07pm On May 24
Guys are really going through a lot, it's rear to see guys coming out like this to speak out. But man no dey help man. Women usually stand a better chance of getting help from man than there fellow man. Very very sad.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by theophorus(m): 10:17pm On May 24
Blessedpalms

Life is quite funny, you get serious with academics so as to have good grades in expectation of good jobs only to realize "who you know is more important than grade" as you see some 3rd graduate work even in Headquarters of Banks.

You come to realize that Life can choose to smile on anyone, irrespective of whether you think they are qualified or not.

Funnily, those who fortune smile on feel you only lag behind because you're not smart.

Just like Arsenal in the 2023/24 season, everyone keeps saying shit but forgot that Arsenal needed just 1 team out of 7 to take just 1 point from Mancity but all failed and claim Arsenal is not ready.

Well, God no go shame Us.
Amen!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by okunwaye(m): 10:24pm On May 24
Samesame247:
Guy, make sure you dey tap your phone.

Internet money has no limit
You won't earn live changing money from tapping your screen at this point of time 😒

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by tommy589(m): 10:30pm On May 24
okoroemeka:

Responsibilities motivates some people

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Feldie: 10:50pm On May 24
Do fraud

8 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Anunakeeh: 11:10pm On May 24
Feldie:
Do fraud

Bitter truth. Only honest people dish out this vital advice.

Make money whatever way you can find but make sure you use your sense and don't get caught.

There is nothing joyful or peaceful about poverty in this modern day.

24 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Anunakeeh: 11:18pm On May 24
Elzazzi:

@bolded that's not the case for kids born into poor family. It's not anyone fault to be born into poor homes where the parents don't even have adequate plans for themselves, talkless of their kids. We have no control over the kind of family we are born into. That's solely the decision of God.

Money brings exposure, while poverty will just waste one's time and kill the vision and potentials.

Most times the harsh and brutal reality of life begins to hit one so hard in his late 20s or early 30s.

Anyway we just have to keep grinding. But life isn't rosy at all for that average kid.

This should be put into frame and hanged on the wall of every young success aspirants out there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by tanigororo: 3:05am On May 25
Blessedpalms:
These fears are more than real the moment you hit 33. I looked in my mirror and saw my beards, becoming everything I feared.
I have never felt so lonely in a world filled with 7 billon humans. Too much worries

Maybe I should have took that risk, maybe I should have learnt something instead of just focusing on academics. I keep thinking about everything I could have done earlier. Maybe I should have started this 5 years ago at 28. Maybe I should have started that 7 years ago when I was 26.

It's my fault, I was optimistic and thought things were going to be better. Government employment, good salary. I'll have a good career and my own family. Maybe a wife and 2 kids.
I have always been afraid not being able to be there for people around me talk less of my kids. These fears are real because I can't even be there for myself.

I am not the type that blames anyone. I feel like life has a way of telling you optimism is weakness and a lie.
And this is where temptations comes, you start to see society and crime from a different perspective.

This is why I find it hard to blame call girls and women in clubs acting a stripper. You don't know the kind of struggles that push people to where they are. I have grown and learnt not to make mockery of anyone. Some of them aren't even 33 yet. Alot of things tempt people to Fall. Many people with no real jobs.

Appprehsive about what to eat, appprehsive about health, Appprehsive about neighborhood asking for any fee, apprehensive about Rent, Appprehsive about aged parents. I don't know what tomorrow holds. You tell people to teach you things, they tell you, you're too old.

I am at a point where I am trying not fall. It's emotionally shattering. NO job, no real solid financial backing. It feels like only you in the world. you have to fight and figure it all out.

If you you are still 25 or 26 now is the time to do something. Just do something, forget about optimism. Optimism is deceptive.
Do everything not to stumble and fall in the future. Don't be bothered about what people think about what you do. You'll only be respected if you are able to care for yourself and people around you.
I won't accept settling down is by money, there are men who many deemed are doing fine but not yet married.

4 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by chyzoo4u(m): 4:40am On May 25
Elzazzi:

This your advise no follow abeg. Marry when a man can't even eat well in this economy?

Then your wife starts disrespecting you and go fvcking around? No no

I quite agree with him. While unmarried, I always make sure to keep a girlfriend because it keeps me on my toes. Without her, I can manage myself anyhow and gallivant with friends. But having a girlfriend gives me a sense of responsibility, and it makes me to hustle.

Now married, the same scenario plays out and things has always been better after I got married, and more better after giving birth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by chyzoo4u(m): 4:49am On May 25
theophorus:
Blessedpalms

Just like Arsenal in the 2023/24 season, everyone keeps saying shit but forgot that Arsenal needed just 1 team out of 7 to take just 1 point from Mancity but all failed and claim Arsenal is not ready.

Poor example. You don't depend on anyone to win. Peradventure they help you win, that's a bonus, but never depend on anyone for you to win.

Arsenal won Westham and Tottenham yet was depending on them to win Man City... funny.

Out of a possible 12 points with Aston Villa and Fulham, Arsenal was able to get only 1 point yet they want some other teams to draw with almighty (yes, they're almighty) Man City for them to win the League... That's ridiculous!

Fight for yourself, don't depend on others.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by chyzoo4u(m): 5:01am On May 25
Blessedpalms:

Like someone rightly said above, 33 is still very much a good age to get something working.

It's risky now, because it takes a very long time to go from 1 to 10 years, a long time from 10 to 20 years, a short time from 20 to 30 years, and even shorter time to go from 30 to 40.

I remember vividly my life events from 10 to 29 years than those of my 30s. Thirties is too short, so whatever decision you're taking now, be fast about it.

You've to find yourself. What I meant by finding yourself is to find that thing you can do (it might be just a part of your field. For example, computer networking niche under IT field.), then expand your knowledge in it. Take online courses, practice practice practice as you learn.

Get hungry, angry, and broke. That will give you the motivation you need to succeed.

11 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Karleb(m): 5:07am On May 25
Your problem is thinking you are old at 33.

I'm very sure you said the same when you were 25.

Na when person wake be him morning.

Not having a kid with your current financial status is a blessing.

But wait o, those risks you didn't take way back, if you take them now, will you fall down and die? undecided

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by 2buffagain(m): 5:20am On May 25
Blessedpalms:

You are still young.
Start now. You will be soon be 38 looking back at 33 wishing you started.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by 2buffagain(m): 5:20am On May 25
Blessedpalms:

You are still young.
Start now. You will be soon be 38 looking back at 33 wishing you started today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by moshuur(m): 6:11am On May 25
Coolmagy:
Guys are really going through a lot, it's rear to see guys coming out like this to speak out. But man no dey help man. Women usually stand a better chance of getting help from man than there fellow man. Very very sad.
U right about the helping part bro...

As for me oooo....I'll help 10 guys before I help one woman.

To become a man has never been easy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by AcadaWriter: 6:15am On May 25
have fraud ... So, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Stewart883(m): 6:21am On May 25
You better act very fast bro. The 30s runs like a flash. I am 39 now, was just 29 years old in 2014. Time waits for no one.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Gggjhhj: 6:41am On May 25
This write up hits differently, we pray God to grant our heart desires, it even get worse with this economy

14 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Elzazzi: 6:48am On May 25
chyzoo4u:

I quite agree with him. While unmarried, I always make sure to keep a girlfriend because it keeps me on my toes. Without her, I can manage myself anyhow and gallivant with friends. But having a girlfriend gives me a sense of responsibility, and it makes me to hustle.

Now married, the same scenario plays out and things has always been better after I got married, and more better after giving birth.

It's okay if that works for you. But for me I don't need a girl to put me on my toes before I will hustle or work hard. Infact sometimes they may be distractions, and may continually compare you with the happening guys in town. This is common among majority of Nigerian ladies down south. But I'm not totally ruling out the option that some do help and bring ideas to help, especially If she sees the future with him. [code][/code]

6 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Elzazzi: 6:51am On May 25
Anunakeeh:

This should be put into frame and hanged on the wall of every young success aspirants out there.

Thanks boss. E go better for all or us

5 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by anonymuz(m): 7:03am On May 25
Elzazzi:
[/b]

bro,I'm well older than you,I have learnt 3 trades 1.Music production to no avail+photography to no avail because starting capital is high and moreover, with the current situation in this country,those trades can't give you daily sustainance. Now I'm into civil(plumbing). So never give up. I abandoned my certificate since 2017. I now make use of trade test. What we didn't know those days was we think white collar job will be easy by studying hard, this is Nigeria. Never give up bro. We can be talking VOA email of you want to. Stay focus.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by anonymuz(m): 7:10am On May 25
tanigororo:

I won't accept settling down is by money, there are men who many deemed are doing fine but not yet married.
I disagree with you.though some are fortunate to get a good woman, its about 0.001%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Is Married But She Wants Something From Me. / Most Disturbing World Record Ever Held (see Photos) / Testing Your Partner's Fidelity With Your Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.