Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,932 members, 7,863,295 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (47265 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 6:36pm On May 26
EBEk101:

Mr smart, you mean to tell me, no one has cheated or manipulated you before ?

In this big world, e go hard sey Mr smart go avoid being cheated grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:37pm On May 26
freshboi88:

Don't mind him

I thought you said JWs can't beat you in biblical debates, why must you debate my own group when you're hiding yours?

If we must debate then you and i have nothing to say about the group we belong so both of us will start talking about what we know you must not refer to my group since yours is not known.

Are you ready? smiley

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:41pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

Are you arguing for JW or others?

Who are the OTHERS?

Are they all having the same beliefs?

If not then there's no arguing for countless religions with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines while claiming only one is wrong! wink
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 6:42pm On May 26
NewNigeria2:

Lol. Make enviness non kill you shall. Someone created a thread on his experience with a Christian organization,you took it personal as if the thread threatened your source of livelihood. Don't develop blood pressure over Jehovah witness o

Why you dey peddling crying and masturbating yourself over stories backed up with evidence.

Now you are peddling envy and kill over same stories grin grin grin

Crying and masturbating dey chop blood. Na your blood pressure we suppose watch grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 6:44pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

Thanks for your response Sir/Ma.

But using the tithe to pay rent is at your own discretion. Again, I put to you respectfully that you don't have any biblical reference to back your claim. Jesus never asked you to build a physical church after all. Did he?

Bookmarked grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 6:46pm On May 26
capnies:

IS IT A SIN, BIRTHDAYS ARE NOT COMPULSORY.
THE BIBLE EVEN SAID BETTER IS THE DAY OF DEAD THAN THE DAY OF BIRTH

The positive of better is good grin grin grin

I hope you understand what I just typed in response to your day of death being better than day of birth grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 6:47pm On May 26
Chefinnocent:
The church of Jesus of latter day saints, has those qualities more than any church in the world, latter day saints spend millions of dollars in evangelism, have you seen their building? Have you seen their dressing, that church is so unique to compare with any church, if you wish to learn or know more about latter day saints, you can go to their website on www.lds.org , or you can contact their missionaries on 09133938353

No be copy copy Jehovah’s witnesses dey do with wetin Mormons dey do. grin grin grin

Evidence of their copy copy full ground grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:47pm On May 26
EBEk101:

Mr smart, you mean to tell me, no one has cheated or manipulated you before ?

Judas CHEATED others when money was kept with him {John 12:4-6} does that disqualify Jesus who gathered them and appointed Judas as one of the twelve Apostles? Luke 6:13

So you can't judge a group by the shortcoming of one member when thousands are doing fine! smiley

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 6:49pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

Judas CHEATED others when money was kept with him {John 12:4-6} does that disqualify Jesus who gathered them and appointed Judas as one of the twelve Apostles? Luke 6:13

So you can't judge a group by the shortcoming of one member when thousands are doing fine! smiley

Jehovah's Witnesses have the right to Judge all other Christian denominations because Catholic is not doing fine grin grin grin grin

Activities of your madness and insanities peddling brains grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50pm On May 26
achorladey:

Jehovah's Witnesses have the right to Judge all other Christian denominations because Catholic is not doing fine grin grin grin grin
Activities of your madness and insanities peddling brains grin grin

What is the name of your own church? smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 6:51pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

I thought you said JWs can't beat you in biblical debates, why must you debate my own group when you're hiding yours?

If we must debate then you and i have nothing to say about the group we belong so both of us will start talking about what we know you must not refer to my group since yours is not known.

Are you ready? smiley

Pretending with his madness and insanities peddling brains. Like sey na your first encounter with freshboi88. Liar and manipulator. grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by saintkeppy(m): 6:52pm On May 26
Most of them in Nigeria believe so much in diabolical means to solve some of their problems but pretends cos they don't attend any other people's church for possible divine solutions.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 6:54pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

Go and see the response I gave to Myer regarding the in the name I gather with others grin grin grin

Then after chasing me for hours on that thread trying to market your explanation about in whose name I should gather you called me scoffers using Psalms 1:1 which led me to ask you.....

MaxInDHouse are you happy? Psalms 1:1 grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:55pm On May 26
achorladey:

Pretending with his madness and insanities peddling brains. Like sey na your first encounter with freshboi88. Liar and manipulator. grin grin

Obviously you are a member of his church so i ask you again please tell me the name of your church! grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:56pm On May 26
achorladey:

Go and see the response I gave to Myer regarding the in the name I gather with others grin grin grin

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses oya tell us the name of your own church! grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:59pm On May 26
I HAVE WORKED WITH SOME OF THEM,IN REALITY THEY ARE HYPOCRITES,THEY SEE THE TRUTH IN OFFICE BUT SELL LIES FOR GAINS. THEY angry CHOOSE MONEY THAN TRUTH.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:00pm On May 26
So upon all the comments on this thread only one religion could be IDENTIFIED as disciples of Christ Jesus?

Thanks to God that i am one of them, the one and only organization standing tall above all the others! Matthew 5:14-16 smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by KingRoiz(m): 7:06pm On May 26
Well your appreciation is much appreciated. Then you will find most occultic conglomerates very attractive...
It's sad that many Pentecostal churches have dis-orderliness as their specific identify.

OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by lanzini309: 7:07pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi
They are simply the best my brother no religion come close.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:11pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses oya tell us the name of your own church! grin

I am Achorladey I gather in the name of Jesus grin grin

MaxInDHouse does that answer provide succour to your madness and insanities peddling brains?

I don tell you grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:12pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

Obviously you are a member of his church so i ask you again please tell me the name of your church! grin

Freshboi88 what is the name of your church again. I need to provide succour to the madness and insanities peddling brains of MaxInDHouse lying and manipulating people on nairaland grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:13pm On May 26
lanzini309:
They are simply the best my brother no religion come close.
. Based on lying and accusing others while they do the very same thing they condemn others for grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:15pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

Just like I told Myer I gather in the name of Jesus Christ. Which name of any church you know pass that name in heaven and on earth grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by lanzini309: 7:15pm On May 26
blowjohn:
OP I respect ur views but I think ur inserting emotions.

Ur assertions is like people that say that this pastor is real because of his philanthropy.

It's like saying that this or that church is better because they cater for the poor in all their branches.

Again, I ask u, how do u have respect for a church that u ur self already stated that u don't agree with some of their teachings?

Any doctrine not of the Bible is heresy, false, satanic, and Antichrist.

Take note: am not branding the Jehovah's witness as false or evil.

Am saying that when it comes to Christ like teachings or things of God, if it's not it, then it's not it.

U have no business respecting some parts of it.

I say this, cos if u try to change the thi gs u don't like( by the way this are weighty subjects), u will meet a brick wall.

If I go to a church and am forced to pay 150k for annoitinh oil, I will run away even if the pastor there does all the evengelism or all the philanthropy in this world.

U have to be careful about edifying certain things. These are the end times.

OP, some of ur points are weak.

Devotion, less emphasis on money.

They don't even indulge in many spiritual things like the pentecostals.

Money: that's subjective. Av met one that likes money like tomorrow no dey.

Lower divorce rate: do they marry outside their church?
Why?
Is it biblical?

Lastly, ask ur self: the things u don't agree on with them, are they weighty enough for u to give them respect? Are they such that one can lose his/her soul if followed?

If they are administrative petty things like dressing then, Perhaps fine.
But if they are teachings that hold no place in the Bible then to me, I stay clear.

Peace.

this are not true though they are based on your assumptions. Get closer to them, do your research before you say stup.d stuff about them. They are simply the best I am not one of them but I know much about them. They are near perfect..

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 7:19pm On May 26
Really amazing
Thank you

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:26pm On May 26
achorladey:

I am Achorladey I gather in the name of Jesus
That means you have nothing to contribute if you can't stand out with any known group as we all know that there are thousands of different religions claiming the same yet they have contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines.

So you're welcome in the name of Jesus Christ please greet all the brothers and sisters in Jesus name if you know any in your neighbourhood! cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by lanzini309: 7:26pm On May 26
Truvelisback:
What is the difference between an Offering and Voluntary Offering? grin Bro, No difference. An Offering is always voluntary. Secondly, regarding tithing. The purpose of tithing is to solve some monetary problem in the church. JW don't take tithe but they take donations or Voluntary offering.
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet today.. your are so dumb bro.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28pm On May 26
achorladey:

Freshboi88 what is the name of your church again. I need to provide succour to the madness and insanities peddling brains of MaxInDHouse lying and manipulating people on nairaland grin grin grin

He has ran away because he can't mention any known church with recognizable teaching all he wants to do is kick against the one and only group having unique teachings! cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 7:31pm On May 26
lanzini309:
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet today.. your are so dumb bro.
You are the Dumbest.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by thrillionaire(m): 7:32pm On May 26
Agreed. I also love the jw. I'm mostly tempted to join them.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:34pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

He has ran away because he can't mention any known church with recognizable teaching all he wants to do is kick against the one and only group having unique teachings! cheesy

Why you dey hurry your madness and insanities peddling brains. Are you Freshboi88? Allow am answer the question grin grin grin.

Which unique teaching? That Jehovah is God's name or Jesus returned in 1914 grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by lanzini309: 7:35pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

I appreciate your submission but you are not entirely correct. Especially the below:

“Do you know that the religion teaches that Christ did not die for the Sins of all mankind but he died for just 144,000 persons known as the anointed ones”.
make Una dey do Una research well 144,000 are those that will rule with jesus for 1000 years before the second death. I see say you never read bible reach that side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (47) (Reply)

COZA Members Ask Pastor Biodun To Tell The Truth About The Sex Scandal / ChiMarine Temple: Native Doctor Visits Orphanage Home In Delta, Donates Gifts / RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.