Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,946 members, 7,863,351 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:02 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (47267 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by sacajawea: 9:48pm On May 26
achorladey:

share what you are familiar with here.
I know the story already. That's what I'm trying to say.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by RussellRutherfo: 9:58pm On May 26
DCmonster:
Jehovah witness are bunch of hypocrites. Very criminal minded people not different from unbelievers. They are Masters of deception don't be fooled.
They are very much engrossed in the secular world now that their girls are into runs and boys into Yahoo.
The grown men are all over social media looking for a white or American JW to marry and escape poverty.
I have come across a lot of these criminal minded JW from the ones who stole their boss money and ran away, the ones who fled with people's money, the young girls doing runs, the divorced women and men fvcking their young members and people's wives a whole lot. grin grin grin
Jehovah witness is a sect masquerading as Christian's while also operating like a secret society.

You no lie about that "marrying American JW" yahoo scam.

One I know just did that with an old black American jw lady and 6 months after. They divorced and he took her money.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by RussellRutherfo: 10:00pm On May 26
Courz:

You Jehovah's Witnesses have been saying negative things about other denominations from the very moment your Cult started. Your founder Charles Taze Russell said Christendom will be destroyed in 1914 which never came to pass. Your leader Rutherford said the same thing using different dates which ended up being False prophecies. You are taught that Satan rules Christendom while you JWs will have everlasting life. You JWs have never said anything good about others. So, why are you shocked that the tables have turned to you?

Facts

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by freshboi88: 10:03pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

I thought you said JWs can't beat you in biblical debates, why must you debate my own group when you're hiding yours?

If we must debate then you and i have nothing to say about the group we belong so both of us will start talking about what we know you must not refer to my group since yours is not known.

Are you ready? smiley

We are doing biblical debate and not church debate. I am ready for a biblical debate and not church debate

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Oseone1(m): 10:32pm On May 26
achorladey:

so who is the Lord that gave you right to say when others choose to celebrate their day of birth that what they do so is of pagan origin?

The bible mentioned two people (King Herod & Pharoah) that celebrated their b\days, were they christians? NO. they even killed people on that day, Christ didnt celebrates his own, So you that is celebrating ur bday whom are u immitating? guy make u dey reason well
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Myer(m): 10:40pm On May 26
achorladey:

Just like I told Myer I gather in the name of Jesus Christ. Which name of any church you know pass that name in heaven and on earth grin grin grin
I greet you chief. Trust you're keeping spirit, soul and body together.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Myer(m): 10:41pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses oya tell us the name of your own church! grin
Been meaning to ask you, do you now drink the holy Communion now?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by honeyB2018: 11:14pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

Can you point to any place in my article where I said I fully agree with JW? I was only admiring their good side.

Is there any place in my reply that I said you agreed with all their teachings?
You highlighted the areas you feel they have done well, within the same area where you felt they have done, I asked that you consider when next you review their good side. There good side,can never be compared with one soul their bad side leads to hell. That's my point.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 11:15pm On May 26
lanzini309:
This is a big lie bro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 people eghen

Then prove it.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 11:19pm On May 26
luluman:
who will punish them?

Their Governing body, Elders and Circuit Overseers. They will form a judicial committee where they wil drill you. You will suffer character assassination and ostracism. Your fellow JWS Plus your family will be asked to abandon you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:40pm On May 26
Truvelisback:
Why Kingdom Hall?
A hall is where people do meetings so it's called Hall and the purpose of our meeting there is to discuss how we can go about the Good News of God's kingdom.
That's why the is shortened "KINGDOM HALL"

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:50pm On May 26
EBEk101:

My bad sorry

It's good to judge people individually not as a group when talking about individual traits but when talking about TEACHING that's when we can judge by performance as a group because that's what they were all taught.
Judas Iscariot was bad as a person but that doesn't stop him from being active in the preaching and teaching work Jesus assigned to his disciples so if people see them together the fact remains that they're doing the work Jesus assigned it's individual traits that we will now treat not as a group.
Today most people are confused due to the characters of individuals found in different religions instead of what the religion teaches and the overall result in the society.
You can't tell me that there is no good person even among Boko Haram members because at a point in time some of them who were recruited into the group due to brainwashing began thinking differently after noticing that what the group is doing doesn't add up such ones truly prove that they don't belong there the same applies to all the religions you can think of on planet earth but when it comes to Christianity it's not about individual character rather what Jesus taught and the expected result!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:53pm On May 26
Truvelisback:
You said our place of worship is not a Church but you called your place of worship Kingdom Hall, why? Where in the Bible can you find a place of worship called Kingdom Hall?

We are in the 21st century and not ancient Israel so you can't expect a place to meeting in our time to be called TEMPLE or SYNAGOGUE nah!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:55pm On May 26
freshboi88:

We are doing biblical debate and not church debate. I am ready for a biblical debate and not church debate
So we will not talk about any group or what they teach in the group as that must bring the question back since we don't want to debate church, right? smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:56pm On May 26
Myer:

Been meaning to ask you, do you now drink the holy Communion now?
I'm not one of the anointed!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:02am On May 27
Truvelisback:
Jesus collected offering and even monitored it. What would you say abt that? Biblically, an offering will only be accepted by God if it is done willfully.
Jesus didn't collect offering from anyone what he did was to commend a Judaist who was a poor old widow! Luke 21:1-4
After Christianity was established disciples of Christ began gathering whatever they had to assist one another, to support the ministry and missionaries that was what led to collections among them.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:04am On May 27
lanzini309:
This is a big lie bro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 people eghen
You can visit our website jw.org to know how contributions are collected and used among Jehovah's Witnesses!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:14am On May 27
Oseone1:
The bible mentioned two people (King Herod & Pharoah) that celebrated their b\days, were they christians? NO. they even killed people on that day, Christ didnt celebrates his own, So you that is celebrating ur bday whom are u immitating? guy make u dey reason well
The truth is birthday celebration is from pagan origin that's why you can't see any worshiper of God who celebrated birthdays in the Bible.
Moreover God's word admonished worshipers to celebrate the last day a person spent on the earth {Ecclesiastes 7:1} because that's when we can say he or she has fulfilled the will of God {Ecclesiastes 7:8} now note that Jesus did exactly that by instructing his disciples to commemorate the day he died instead of his birthday {Luke 22:19} and trust his faithful disciples that is exactly what they continue practicing afterwards! 1Corinthians 11:23-26

This is why Jesus said his disciples will be labelled "CULTISTS" for sticking to his orders! Matthew 10:24-25

May you have PEACE!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by HumanObserver: 12:26am On May 27
OnknownSoldier:

Lol, I rather not write such because you might not like me again. grin

LOL. But really, I can handle it.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Drone95(m): 12:34am On May 27
Do not transfuse grin!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by blowjohn(m): 1:28am On May 27
lanzini309:
this are not true though they are based on your assumptions. Get closer to them, do your research before you say stup.d stuff about them. They are simply the best I am not one of them but I know much about them. They are near perfect..

What did I state that isn't true about them?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 1:33am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:
This is why Jesus said his disciples will be labelled "CULTISTS" for sticking to his orders! Matthew 10:24-25

lost false jw mad max, seeing as you asked me to post in this thread:

Jesus said they called Him beelzebub, and they will call His disciples more things than that
however you false jw's are not Christ's disciples,
Christ's disciples are not liars and blasphemers of the Holy Spirit, etc.

you mad max said:
"olaadegbu, emusan, and johnw47, are all the same person, the Holy Spirit told me"

only the devils mob would make the Holy Spirit to be a liar.

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32  And whoever may speak a word against the Son of Man it will be forgiven to him, but whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by AuthorMan: 1:49am On May 27
[quoteauthor=OnknownSoldierpost=13014649]No, I haven't. Please note that my article is purely based on my own experience.[/quote]
?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by AuthorMan: 1:53am On May 27
OnknownSoldier:
No, I haven't. Please note that my article is purely based on my own experience.

Based on your personal experience and level of Biblical knowledge, Relationship with JW and Relationship with God.

Remain blessed.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 2:01am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:
many have testified to the FINE WORKS of the FAITH of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

lost false jw mad max

one so called Jehovah's witness said to me:
"don't talk about Jesus, He is no one"

another false jw said to his brother pointing to a big house; "i'm going to have that house after armageddon"

Exo 20:17  "You shall not covet your neighbor's house;

etc.

not fine works at all, rotten works in fact

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Stayingalive: 2:32am On May 27
Daughterboard:
I openly affirm the submission of the Op. Jehovah Witnesses practice the true Christianity. Though I am not a member but my family members associate with them
What do you know about true Christianity?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Stayingalive: 2:37am On May 27
Oseone1:
Very silly point. So king Herod and pharaoh now stand as the yardstick of celebrating birthdays. They celebrated birthday wasn’t the borne of contention anywhere in the Bible neither did anyone or preacher preached against it.
So why are you now the one preaching against it?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Stayingalive: 2:39am On May 27
lanzini309:
this are not true though they are based on your assumptions. Get closer to them, do your research before you say stup.d stuff about them. They are simply the best I am not one of them but I know much about them. They are near perfect..
Are you sure you know how to read at all?
Perhaps what do you mean by perfect?
Infact what do you know is called perfect?
All this youngies just type for attention

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Sirianese: 4:34am On May 27
You ought to be feeling sorry for them instead

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 4:50am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:
Today there is over 41,000 different religions claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines,

lost false jw mad max

and you false jw's are one of them

MaxInDHouse: Jehovah's Witnesses organization is just one whereas all these different religions are claiming followers of Christ

confused one,and you false jw's are one of them:
1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

MaxInDHouse: yet they can't be since they're not having the same line of thought in teachings and doctrines! John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3

dum one, neither are you having the same line of thought in teachings and doctrines as the others

MaxInDHouse: So failure to mention the name of a church means you're not one of those claiming Christians
what a liar and dummy, being a Christian is based on faith in Christ:
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

MaxInDHouse: you're just trying to hide your beliefs since each religion has their beliefs which differs! wink

and yours is one of those religions which have beliefs that differ, oh great know nothing

there is none more dum than you mad max

Job_15:12  Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 5:07am On May 27
my Church/eclessia, is not buildings, but is people/Christians of faith
in the bible the Church is simply called; "the Church"
"the Church" in ephesus, "the Church" in philadelphia, and so on

we the Church are also called; "the body of Christ"

we are Christians of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
some are in denominations and some like me are non denominational

Christians are also called
hagios; saints, which means morally pure;

liars and blasphemers etc. are of course, not part of the Church
but are frauds

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Deepthoughts: 5:51am On May 27
Skydivine:

Catmatic.
Hahahaaaah!,good morning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (47) (Reply)

ChiMarine Temple: Native Doctor Visits Orphanage Home In Delta, Donates Gifts / RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' / The Lover Boy Who Was Having Sex With The Wrong Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.