Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,993 members, 7,863,557 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:04 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (47274 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 6:04am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus didn't collect offering from anyone what he did was to commend a Judaist who was a poor old widow! Luke 21:1-4
After Christianity was established disciples of Christ began gathering whatever they had to assist one another, to support the ministry and missionaries that was what led to collections among them.
Jesus collected offering. As a matter of fact, He even monitored the offering. That was how He knew what the poor old widow put as offering. He didn't condemn the giving of offering.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 6:09am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

We are in the 21st century and not ancient Israel so you can't expect a place to meeting in our time to be called TEMPLE or SYNAGOGUE nah!
Ok, calling your place of worship "Kingdom Hall", isn't wrong but our place of worship "Church", is wrong, right? grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:15am On May 27
Stayingalive:

What do you know about true Christianity?

True Christianity is about how God is using His Holy Spirit to gather imperfect but faithful and obedient humans in all the nations {Isaiah 2:2; Micah 4:1} these people will start paying rapt attention to what the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob said as written in the Bible {Isaiah 2:3; Micah 4:2} and the expected result of this is they will use what they found in the pages of the Bible to settle their disparities peacefully among themselves, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, stop the production, buying, selling and using destructive devices, stop enrolling in the army and vow never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3

This is the greatest miracle that will destroy all the machinations of Satan {1John 3:8} whose intention is to see the entire human race wiped out {John 10:10} but who will establish such a program among imperfect humans? That's why a perfect child needs to be born among mankind {Isaiah 9:6} this child will grow into an adult as a perfect man he will then lead imperfect humans in the way of holiness {Isaiah 35:8} the establishment of Christianity was to achieve this goal that's why Jesus is called the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} as he will counsel obedient mankind to form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers! Zephaniah 3:9

Of course there are thousands of groups claiming Christians today but out of them all only Jehovah's Witnesses are fulfilling this prophecy with their activities globally proving that the Prince of Peace has come and they are witnesses to the fact that his teachings can unite people of all nations in love! Act 1:8

Please if you have a better explanation about what true Christianity should do among mankind don't hesitate to air your views.

Thanks and God bless you!

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by freshboi88: 6:18am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

So we will not talk about any group or what they teach in the group as that must bring the question back since we don't want to debate church, right? smiley

If you want to debate, our debate must solely be on Scripture. I already told you I have no denomination. I am for Christ and for the truth of scripture.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:19am On May 27
Truvelisback:
Jesus collected offering. As a matter of fact, He even monitored the offering. That was how He knew what the poor old widow put as offering. He didn't condemn the giving of offering.
Please can you quote the verse where Jesus collected offering?
What i knew is that he sat at a distance with his disciples (friends) as they were watching people dropping money into the Temple's Treasury! Mark 12:41
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:20am On May 27
Truvelisback:
Ok, calling your place of worship "Kingdom Hall", isn't wrong but our place of worship "Church", is wrong, right? grin
If you call a place of worship "CHURCH" it's wrong from Bible's viewpoint because the word "Church" means the congregation not a building!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:22am On May 27
freshboi88:

If you want to debate, our debate must solely be on Scripture. I already told you I have no denomination. I am for Christ and for the truth of scripture.
So in the course of our debate you must not refer to or quote any religion except the Bible, right? smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by RussellRutherfo: 6:24am On May 27
AmGreat1234:
You forgot to add that they are very intelligent aside from knowing the bible.

They are not. The problem is many Christians don't read their Bibles these days.

They run away from people like me when I go up to meet them for Bible because not only do I know their several changed teaching and false doctrines.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 6:25am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

If you call a place of worship "CHURCH" it's wrong from Bible's viewpoint because the word "Church" means the congregation not a building!
Calling your place of worship Kingdom Hall is also wrong from Biblical viewpoint.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by freshboi88: 6:26am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

So in the course of our debate you must not refer to or quote any religion except the Bible, right? smiley

I am debating JWs teaching on the divinity of Christ and the debate is solely on scripture. The only reason you are looking for my denomination is so you can tap dance and derail the discussion when you have no answers to my questions and facts..... So if you are ready let's begin by you answering the question I asked you.

Remember I told you we are using your own Bible the new world translation

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:26am On May 27
I love them and I always give them listening ears especially their ladies that are looking beautiful
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Passionnn: 6:28am On May 27
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.
Rather than brand them as a cult for prescribing punishment to unrepentant sinners, you should rather consider it a strength.
The orukuruku in most of the christian denomination today is due to the lip service paid to holiness. It has always been a case of perpetually protecting the wealthy ones at the expense of the poor. So forget that archaic idea.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 6:30am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

Please can you quote the verse where Jesus collected offering?
What i knew is that he sat at a distance with his disciples (friends) as they were watching people dropping money into the Temple's Treasury! Mark 12:41
Did He condemn the collection of offering?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:30am On May 27
freshboi88:

I am debating JWs teaching

You see what i mean! smiley
That's why you must mention the name of your own church because all churches don't teach the same thing that's what led to so much contradictions. smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32am On May 27
Truvelisback:
Calling your place of worship Kingdom Hall is also wrong from Biblical viewpoint.
So what do you think people in the 21st century should call a place where people meet for special events?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:35am On May 27
Truvelisback:
Did He condemn the collection of offering?
The collection was ongoing in the temple where worshipers practiced JUDAISM he is still having serious issues with what he has said about the way that religion was conducted so he has no say on the way Jews practice their religion back then. In fact that's what led to his being accused, arrest and death!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by freshboi88: 6:37am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

You see what i mean! smiley
That's why you must mention the name of your own church because all churches don't teach the same thing that's what led to so much contradictions. smiley

This thread is a JW thread and that's why I am here. You are not even proud of your teachings hence looking for my denomination so you can derail the debate.

I didn't say I want to debate you on which denomination is better. If that is the case then you will need my denomination.

I am debating you on what you teach as a JW. It is left for you to defend it but I am not surprised by this your tactics, you want to run and hide.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:39am On May 27
freshboi88:

I am debating you on what you teach as a JW.

If truly you want to debate just kick off but no mention of any religion or church all we need is what the Bible TEACHES!

Are you ready? smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by freshboi88: 6:47am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

If truly you want to debate just kick off but no mention of any religion or church all we need is what the Bible TEACHES!

Are you ready? smiley

You also have to agree to no copy pasted responses....do you agree ?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48am On May 27
Freshboi88

I will tell you what i know about Jesus Christ as written in the Bible.

He is the son of the living God! Matthew 16:13-16

If you agree let me know if not air your own view!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49am On May 27
freshboi88:

You also have to agree to no copy pasted responses....do you agree ?

I will COPY and PASTE what God's word the Bible says.
We can't debate on what the Bible teaches without quoting God's word nah! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by freshboi88: 6:54am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:
Freshboi88

I will tell you what i know about Jesus Christ as written in the Bible.

He is the son of the living God! Matthew 16:13-16

If you agree let me know if not air your own view!

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Father. The one through whom the Father created all things. I mean Nothing that was made by the Father that was not created through Jesus. John 1:3 .

Attached is a screenshot of the scripture using the New world translation. Do you agree with this ?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:00am On May 27
freshboi88:

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Father. The one through whom the Father created all things. I mean Nothing that was made by the Father that was not created through Jesus. John 1:3 .
Attached is a screenshot of the scripture using the New world translation. Do you agree with this?

I can use any translation so i'm not obligated to use only one translation.

YES Jesus is the FIRSTBORN of all CREATIONS and God used him to create all other things {Colossians 1:15-16} just as Adam is the FIRSTBORN of all human whom God used to populate the earth! Luke 3:38
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by nurusystem(m): 7:07am On May 27
Am a Muslim ,I always welcome them to my house and book appointment at time, Ialso engaged them in dialogue, they don't brag on what they don't no unlike my others.
They're to sweet, they are the true followers of chemist, house by house Evangelical

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Pickup8: 7:22am On May 27
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.
That also goes with ALL RELIGION. Do you want to pretend ignorance of what Muslims were asked and are doing to anyone who leave Islam, same with Hindus. There is no religion or sect that is happy with people leaving their fold.
JW are not a cult as wrongly postulated.
I am a pentecostal anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Pickup8: 7:23am On May 27
thesicilian:

If this is your definition of a cult then the whole of Christianity, and even mankind is in a cult. Every rule/law in Christianity and in life is based on one threat of punishment or the other if you don't follow it.

The whole concept of Christianity is based on the threat that if you don't follow Christ, you'll be thrown into hell where you will burn for ever. What threat of punishment is greater than that?

GOD BLESS YOU.

Even at work, if you come late or refuse to come to work for one day what happens? Either your salary is deducted, or you're suspended without pay, or even sacked.

As a self employed business person if you don't pay your taxes you will be faced with severe punishment from the government. Irrespective of wether that particular tax is justified or not. Is that freedom?

You are not really as free as you think. We are all in a cage even though we sometimes own the cage.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On May 27
Pickup8:

That also goes with ALL RELIGION. Do you want to pretend ignorance of what Muslims were asked and are doing to anyone who leave Islam, same with Hindus. There is no religion or sect that is happy with people leaving their fold.
JW are not a cult as wrongly postulated.
I am a pentecostal anyway.

They are fulfilling what Jesus said will be done to his REAL disciples:

“A student is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is enough for the student to become as his teacher, and the slave as his master. If people have called the master of the house Be·elʹze·bub, how much more those of his household? Matthew 10:24-25

So when we hear religionists of different sects saying this about us we rejoice greatly because that's what Jesus said will be done to his REAL disciples! Matthew 5:11-12 smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Johel(m): 7:54am On May 27
OnknownSoldier:

Thank you. I will be praying for you.

Pray for your mom...she needs it more.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by freshboi88: 8:41am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

YES Jesus is the FIRSTBORN of all CREATIONS and God used him to create all other things {Colossians 1:15-16} just as Adam is the FIRSTBORN of all human whom God used to populate the earth! Luke 3:38

Great you have jumped from John 1:3 to Col1 15-16 ,your usual style.

Now, let's look at the col 1 critically.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by freshboi88: 8:59am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

But your Greek interlinear does not have the word 'other'

Greek interlinear is their Greek to English translation of the bible. Notice the word other is not there. It simply says all(things) - first picture. Words are circled in red.

But in your NWT bible, the word other suddenly appears, where did it come from mate. - second picture, insertions are circled in a yellow-like color

Do you agree that you have inserted the word 'other' 4 times in col 1 16-20 in your NWT bible ? Even when it is not there in the original Greek language according to your own translation...do you agree ?

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Emusan(m): 9:26am On May 27
MaxInDHouse:

STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

There are thousands of different religions all claiming they belong to one teacher so mention the name of your own church nah! cheesy

Shameless lying liar Jws.

Now, after claiming that "the name Christian is curses and bastardised and whoever thinks he belongs to Christ under the cursed and bastardised name(Christian) should think twice" he is shamelessly claiming to be part of the same CURSED AND BASTARDISED name again.

Old lying soldier with no iota of shame

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Emusan(m): 9:32am On May 27
freshboi88:

But your Greek interlinear does not have the word 'other'

Greek interlinear is their Greek to English translation of the bible. Notice the word other is not there. It simply says all(things) - first picture. Words are circled in red.

But in your NWT bible, the word other suddenly appears, where did it come from mate. - second picture, insertions are circled in a yellow-like color

Do you agree that you have inserted the word 'other' 4 times in col 1 16-20 in your NWT bible ? Even when it is not there in the original Greek language according to your own translation...do you agree ?

You're arguing with a shameless lying liar, who claimed that the "NAME CHRISTIAN is CURSED AND BASTARDISED and their gods have given them a NEW NAME therefore whoever think he BELONGS TO CHRIST under the CURSED AND BASTARDISED old group name (Christian) should think twice"

Meanwhile, the shameless lying liar has been shouting that he is a Christian and Jws is part of the group name again.

See evidence in the screenshot below

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (47) (Reply)

RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' / The Lover Boy Who Was Having Sex With The Wrong Lover / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.