Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,928 members, 7,863,278 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:19 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (47264 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 7:35pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is scripturally wrong church means group of worshipers not a building.

For instance if members of any religion gather in a place whether there is a building or not their gathering is what we call CHURCH not the building Sir.

That's the group Jesus was addressing not the building where they meet for worship! Revelations 3:14
What do you call the place where JW members gather to worship? grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:35pm On May 26
Truvelisback:
You are the Dumbest.

Abi ooooo how can he see

Offering and voluntary offering and not see the common denominator offering
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38pm On May 26
lanzini309:
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet today.. your are so dumb bro.

Voluntary offering is what he doesn't know so it's appropriate to TEACH him what that means!

If you're still following Mr Truvelisback offering becomes voluntary when you're not monitored or watched by others when donating but when everyone in the gathering can see if you're donating or not then it's no longer voluntary because you'll be known as one who isn't making any donations.

My first three weeks of attending meetings with JWs i have to ask my friend who took me there the fourth time why they don't make contributions, he showed me their box but i don't know when they're going there that's when he told me to keep an eye on the box from the beginning of the meeting till the end so the next time which is the sixth i kept looking at the box that's when i noticed them dropping what they have.

Ọmọ that's not the case with others churches because they will announce as in sing a song for that while everyone will line up to the offering box or it will be brought to you!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:38pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

That means you have nothing to contribute if you can't stand out with any known group as we all know that there are thousands of different religions claiming the same yet they have contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines.

So you're welcome in the name of Jesus Christ please greet all the brothers and sisters in Jesus name if you know any in your neighbourhood! cheesy

After bring succour to your madness and insanities peddling brains about answering questions regarding the name of my church you enter....

That means you have nothing to contribute if you can't stand out with any known group

Since I must follow your group think agenda to allow your madness and insanities peddling brains rest.

know that there are thousands of different religions claiming the same yet they have contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines.

Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses are among the thousands of different religions emphasis on religion having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines. grin grin grin

I have evidence which you know grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:39pm On May 26
Truvelisback:
What do you call the place where JW members gather to worship? grin
Kingdom Hall
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Skydivine: 7:39pm On May 26
Deepthoughts:
so what is the opposite of dogmatic?
Catmatic.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by lanzini309: 7:40pm On May 26
Isokoson1:
Make the op getout abeg, Jehovah witness way my guy dey attend with him fada for years, d fada come dey sick, and nah blood the old man need, omo the church no gree, and this my guy just newly get work for immigration, and the fada nah okada em dey do take train the children till dey graduate, nah time way him go chop the fruit of him labour reach, una dey say make the children no donate blood give Dia fada, omo bros change am for the church nah, tell them to go to hell, that whether they like it or not the father must collect blood transfusion , Las Las the boy and the younger brothers run am.. Their fada they enjoy now as I dey tell you.. That church dey cage people seriously...church way Dia members dey keep malice like say tomorrow no dey.. Op getout abeg. ..

Even if you put gun for head ,I no go fit step my two left leg inside that place...

I no kukuma dey go church because all the pastors are all pastorprenuer
abeg give us the full gist which church the father still dey go now no lie oo
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:40pm On May 26
Skydivine:

Catmatic.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 For real?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 7:44pm On May 26
achorladey:

Abi ooooo how can he see

Offering and voluntary offering and not see the common denominator offering
Offering and Voluntary donations are the same. No one forces you to do so, you chose to do so.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:45pm On May 26
Truvelisback:
Offering and Voluntary donations are the same. No one forces you to do so, you chose to do so.

The reason I said that lanzini309 guy should open his eyes now grin grin grin and see the common denominator between

Voluntary redundancy offering and offering
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by lanzini309: 7:48pm On May 26
Courz:

Even the Jehovah's Witnesses you are supporting have doctrines that are not Bible based. So, they are all the same. In case you are not aware, Jehovah's Witnesses have their different form of Tithes. They have a specific amount of money they pay per JW. When the money is not up to the total per JW In a congregation, they are always told that they have a Deficit, meaning the amount they have is not up to the required. So, even though they are not forced to pay, they are always told they have a deficit in a congregation. Jehovah's witnesses pay money to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and keep some in their congregatios. Money never flows from Watchtower to Jehovah's Witnesses.
This is a big lie bro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 people eghen
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 7:49pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:
Kingdom Hall
Why Kingdom Hall?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Skydivine: 7:50pm On May 26
achorladey:

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 For real?
Don’t mind me.I am not always like that but Nairaland is a very bad influence.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by lanzini309: 7:54pm On May 26
Courz:

Facts! It is a Cult. To make matters worse, they also created their own version of the Bible with distorted verses to suit their doctrines. Any Bible verse they didn't like that doesn't align with their doctrines, they either scatter it, rearrange the verse or add or remove words to change the message of the verse. Proof of this is below.

https://www.nairaland.com/8088472/manipulation-bible-verses-jehovahs-witness
This is a big fat lie.. try carry their bible and your own compare them look for what is different there. Send it to my dm.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 7:55pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

Voluntary offering is what he doesn't know so it's appropriate to TEACH him what that means!

If you're still following Mr Truvelisback offering becomes voluntary when you're not monitored or watched by others when donating but when everyone in the gathering can see if you're donating or not then it's no longer voluntary because you'll be known as one who isn't making any donations.

My first three weeks of attending meetings with JWs i have to ask my friend who took me there the fourth time why they don't make contributions, he showed me their box but i don't know when they're going there that's when he told me to keep an eye on the box from the beginning of the meeting till the end so the next time which is the sixth i kept looking at the box that's when i noticed them dropping what they have.

Ọmọ that's not the case with others churches because they will announce as in sing a song for that while everyone will line up to the offering box or it will be brought to you!
Jesus collected offering and even monitored it. What would you say abt that? Biblically, an offering will only be accepted by God if it is done willfully.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 7:59pm On May 26
Skydivine:

Don’t mind me.I am not always like that but Nairaland is a very bad influence.

The community here is large and big enough to engage people of various works of life. Yes bad and good influence definitely exist in community large as this just like the community the thread is all about.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by goody2019: 8:08pm On May 26
achorladey:

You know what they call wife swapping?

the practice within a group of married couples of exchanging sexual partners

You are a lady. Were you ever swapped when you were there?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by EBEk101(m): 8:10pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

Judas CHEATED others when money was kept with him {John 12:4-6} does that disqualify Jesus who gathered them and appointed Judas as one of the twelve Apostles? Luke 6:13

So you can't judge a group by the shortcoming of one member when thousands are doing fine! smiley

My bad sorry
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 8:12pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

Kingdom Hall
You said our place of worship is not a Church but you called your place of worship Kingdom Hall, why? Where in the Bible can you find a place of worship called Kingdom Hall?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by EBEk101(m): 8:12pm On May 26
achorladey:

In this big world, e go hard sey Mr smart go avoid being cheated grin grin grin

No mind the werey

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 8:14pm On May 26
goody2019:

You are a lady. Were you ever swapped when you were there?

Achorladey is not a lady. My hand no dey the swapping palaver happening in there while I was still a member. grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 8:16pm On May 26
Truvelisback:
You said our place of worship is not a Church but you called your place of worship Kingdom Hall, why? Where in the Bible can you find a place of worship called Kingdom Hall?

He can come back with his madness and insanities peddling brains to lie and manipulate what he said previously grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by grandstar(m): 8:21pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier

Thanks about this writeup about us. You seem to be one of those rightly disposed tòeverlasting life.

I wish to add that we also do not have a clergy class. Though we may have elders and ministerial servants, there is no clerical reverence given to them or their spouses. There are no special seats for either them or their wives. This is based on whats vwritten at Matthew 23:8-12.

For instance at our branch offices, all their are paid a stipend and not a salary. Guess how much the branch overseer and the lowliest cleaner each get? They both get the same stipend.

The president of the organization flies economy. This is an organization with over 8m members. Contrast that with churches. When a member of the governing body came to Nigeria, he was moved about in a pickup.

When they eat collectively at the dining hall, no special position on the table for anyone. You'll even see the president queue for extras if there is.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by RealEzee(m): 8:36pm On May 26
immortalcrown:
I understand you. I just mentioned another denomination with similar qualities. The denomination even pays house rents, school fees and medical bills for poor members. Yet, they don't collect offerings. The denomination sends people on mission works to countries. I know a Nigerian that the denomination sent to England. I met some Ghanians that the denomination sent to Nigeria some time ago.

NOTE:
All I say here is for knowledge sake, not to demarket or market any denomination.
i served in Liberia ,alot of great memories from there .
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MightySparrow: 8:47pm On May 26
achorladey:

Looool! to fuji house of commotion

I have them as family members. All these nonsensical Bible knowledge and quotations are lies. The enthusiasts come here to brag and harass, they too hypocritical and dishonest.

All their holier than thou is fake.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by luluman: 9:01pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi
I concur.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by luluman: 9:02pm On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.
who will punish them?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 9:04pm On May 26
lanzini309:
This is a big fat lie.. try carry their bible and your own compare them look for what is different there. Send it to my dm.

Go to the thread below and compare. I posted this link for a reason. So that you can use your Brain and read through.

https://www.nairaland.com/8088472/manipulation-bible-verses-jehovahs-witness
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 9:11pm On May 26
MightySparrow:

I have them as family members. All these nonsensical Bible knowledge and quotations are lies. The enthusiasts come here to brag and harass, they too hypocritical and dishonest.

All their holier than thou is fake.

Reality says some of their members knows their hypocrisy and dishonesty especially those on the high side of their hierarchical structure grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by RoadMozart(m): 9:12pm On May 26
MaziObinnaokija:
:

Above all,they are quiet, gentle, compassionate, friendly

From my own experience and observation, they're all of that only when witnessing. I've once been threatened by a JW member. Man said he was going to fire me with spiritual arrows.

My guy jam one of their members fence while reversing his car. The JW said its a must that his fence be repaired and didn't accept money for it.

I've seen many of their members that are more fetish than some traditionalists sef

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by xeju: 9:25pm On May 26
Are the pictures of the evangelism taken as evidence to show God on judgement day🤔
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by bizhop01: 9:27pm On May 26
I question their doctrine
They don't marry non Jehovah witness, but they can only have sex

They distributes their reading materials to every other christian, but they can't accept any hanbill from other churches

They always invite everyone to their meeting but the will dis fellowship any member that attend others Christian gathering

They freely preach to everyone, but others can't preach to them

They believe it's wrong for witness to join military, even paramilitary but the expect security and stability

They believe is better for witness to die than to accept blood transfusion

They don't participate in any electral process or government activities but they expect good leadership

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (47) (Reply)

COZA Members Ask Pastor Biodun To Tell The Truth About The Sex Scandal / ChiMarine Temple: Native Doctor Visits Orphanage Home In Delta, Donates Gifts / RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.