Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (210220 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Conductor261: 2:35pm On May 19, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello, is this a good car? tell me what to look out for
You have nothing buying...why are you just jumping on threads. .are you idle?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2020
greatstephenho:
We are very much available

Solve your Volkswagen car fault with a quality spare parts.

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by NaijadrivaCars: 4:58pm On May 19, 2020
Conductor261:

You have nothing buying...why are you just jumping on threads. .are you idle?

Not me. An acquaintance wants to sell it to my meighbour, claiming it is a good car.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by NaijadrivaCars: 12:54pm On May 21, 2020
PLs is 2015 volkswagen Polo good?\

Which engine is better? FSI or straight 1.6 i4?

Good buy or not?

cc: greatstephenho, iKoksi, nurey, oluwaseunla

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by diportivo: 2:52pm On May 21, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
PLs is 2015 volkswagen Polo good?\

Which engine is better? FSI or straight 1.6 i4?

Good buy or not?

cc: greatstephenho, iKoksi, nurey, oluwaseunla

all polo engines are straight undecided

cos its naija tho,u will probably fare better with the MPFI than the FSI

altho these pictures u posted shows that a lot has gone down in respective vehicles

if the cars u are looking at own these engines, ur due diligence need tight wella

happy buying
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by williams20(m): 3:24pm On May 21, 2020
diportivo:

Boss I have been trying to PM you , please quote the best oil for Jetta 2008 both engine and transmission, pls is it a problem if I see sign of oils down the engine. Of a tokunbo Jetta . Not fresh tho but oil is there

altho these pictures u posted shows that a lot has gone down in respective vehicles

if the cars u are looking at own these engines, ur due diligence need tight wella

happy buying
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by terracraft: 8:43pm On May 21, 2020
Hello, can I get advice for a golf 4 1999 model? Smoky engine and mechanic says I can get a "borale" engine. What are the pros and cons as opposed to getting a complete engine? 1.4l engine. Manual transmission
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2020
diportivo:

happy buying
the 1.6 engine it came with isn't available that's why most people convert the engine to FSI.

You will enjoy the FSI once the electrical aspect of it is well done by an experienced technician.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adubam(m): 7:46pm On May 22, 2020
terracraft:
Hello, can I get advice for a golf 4 1999 model? Smoky engine and mechanic says I can get a "borale" engine. What are the pros and cons as opposed to getting a complete engine? 1.4l engine. Manual transmission

I would have said you should work on the rings since it's smoking, but you said the engine is 1.4L. If you have the money buy a 1.8L engine and replace the 1..4L. Don't rely on any mechanic, go their with them and get the best of direct Belgium engine.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by NaijadrivaCars: 12:46pm On May 23, 2020
diportivo:

happy buying

I guess that below is the MPFI you mean.

But I contacted a VW car parks seller and he said FSI engine of this polo is better.

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2020
terracraft:
it's just to cut cost, you can still buy complete

08034683992 what's or call me
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by diportivo: 1:38pm On May 23, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

I guess that below is the MPFI you mean.

But I contacted a VW car parks seller and he said FSI engine of this polo is better.

greatstephenho has explained why the parts seller has this mindset

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by NaijadrivaCars: 1:55pm On May 23, 2020
diportivo:

greatstephenho has explained why the parts seller has this mindset
OK, didn't see where he commented about that.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 8:58pm On May 23, 2020
Still available

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gambus007(m): 7:52am On May 24, 2020
Hello Volkswagen Men..please i need information about Volkswagen golf 2005 mk 5 tsi with attached engine.
Questions;
Are the parts available and most expensive replacement part if faulty?
what are the cost implications in maintaining such car?
Any peculiar issues? more info will be appreciated.thanks
Note:I'm a Peugeot person and i fix my cars myself...

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 9:39am On May 30, 2020
I’ve spoken on this issue earlier, the wiring from the ecu to the throttle body needs to be checked and replaced where resistance is detected to be low. If you need further assistance, contact me I’m on the island 08114735736 MicoMero’s Volkswagen
Flooerin:
Hello all,

Passat 2008 fsi 2.0

The car won't accelerate.
Scanned and got the following codes
P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor
P0222 -
P0122 -
Changed pedal and throttle body, cleared codes but codes returns immediately.
A rewire from itire checked and rerouted the harness that it was causing the low signal but still same issue.
Car starts but in limp mode. I was told it's an ecu issue that I need to change ecu.

Kindly advise.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 4:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Conductor261:

Contact please

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 5:06am On Jun 09, 2020
EnterpriseMan:

Very helpful. Are you into it, is there any way i can get in contact with you?

I’m on the island, ajah. Micomero’s Volkswagen 08114735736
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kingvicking(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Good day all,

Please I have an issue with my Volkswagen Passat 2001 model, Auto transmission.

I changed the engine last Week and ever since the gear has not been selecting well.

If I place it in drive, I will have to fire it before it move at all, then it will move a little, then jack and go into limp mode.

I scanned and the issue are:

Engine:
2 cylinder misfire.

Gear:
P01730 (not too sure of the code)
But the interpretation was "INCORRECT GEAR RATIO"

I have
1. Serviced gear fibre body/filter and bottom plate
2. drained and refill gear oil,
3. Cleared fault with scanner.

The mechanic who changed the engine insisted that the flywheel & converter are well positioned
Please any valid way out is appreciated

@dancock
@siena
@Nobody

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Conductor261: 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
kingvicking:
Good day all,

Please I have an issue with my Volkswagen Passat 2001 model, Auto transmission.

I changed the engine last Week and ever since the gear has not been selecting well.

If I place it in drive, I will have to fire it before it move at all, then it will move a little, then jack and go into limp mode.

I scanned and the issue are:

Engine:
2 cylinder misfire.

Gear:
P01730 (not too sure of the code)
But the interpretation was "INCORRECT GEAR RATIO"

I have
1. Serviced gear fibre body/filter and bottom plate
2. drained and refill gear oil,
3. Cleared fault with scanner.

The mechanic who changed the engine insisted that the flywheel & converter are well positioned
Please any valid way out is appreciated

@dancock
@siena
@Nobody

P1730 - Automatic Transmission Interlock

When is the code detected?

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1730 is detected when Transmission Control Module (TCM) does not receive the proper voltage signal from the sensor and switch.

Also check: Volkswagen P1730 Front Speed Sensor – Low Input

ADVICE: FIX THE CYLINDER TWO MISFIRE FIRST... AND TEST
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kingvicking(m): 5:49am On Jun 15, 2020
Conductor261:

Also check: Volkswagen P1730 Front Speed Sensor – Low Input

ADVICE: FIX THE CYLINDER TWO MISFIRE FIRST... AND TEST

Thanks,
Will do that this morning. Appreciate
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by 9jab01: 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hello House,

Can someone please share contact of a good garage or mechanic (excluding the VW service centers) who can do a clean timing chain tensioner replacement on a passat CC?

I intend doing a proactive replacememt of the tensioner (including the rail slides/guides etc) in a CC I'm about to purchase with the redesigned/updated one that eliminates the timing chain problem.

Thanks in advance
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Conductor261: 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
9jab01:
Hello House,

Can someone please share contact of a good garage or mechanic (excluding the VW service centers) who can do a clean timing chain tensioner replacement on a passat CC?

I intend doing a proactive replacememt of the tensioner (including the rail slides/guides etc) in a CC I'm about to purchase with the redesigned/updated one that eliminates the timing chain problem.

Thanks in advance
Location? If Lagos contact radautoworks

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by 9jab01: 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
Conductor261:

Location? If Lagos contact radautoworks

Yes, it's Lagos. Thanks a lot. I've gotten their number from their website

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Phedam: 9:11am On Jun 16, 2020
Pls add me to Volkswagen whatsapp group am using Volkswagen jetta 08036355899
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by noblealuu: 2:55am On Jun 17, 2020
Phedam:
Pls add me to Volkswagen whatsapp group am using Volkswagen jetta 08036355899

Hi everyone,

Kindly adds me to the VW whatsapp group, I intend getting a VW soon, need some heads up.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Chrisdolz1997: 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Good day my fellow bosses
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Conductor261: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Chrisdolz1997:
Good day my fellow bosses
I got a Volkswagen T4 last year from Germany, everything works well till this month and been having all sort of rewiring issues and it's becoming frustrating
I would love to have a very good rewire to come to my aid and I stay in ikorodu and I will pay your transport fair and stuff. Just need everything working in place 08141699979 my whatsapp number

Ground wire is usually at the epicentre of VW electrical issues

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Kdude: 5:59am On Jul 11, 2020
Hello Op.

I would love to join the Audi family... I've used Volkswagen for 7 years. My experience with VW was great and cool. I trusted that machine anytime any day...

Now, I crave for the Audi A3/A4 sedan or hatch. I love my cars small, rugged and dogged.

#KD
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
Happy Sunday
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aloyt(m): 3:22am On Jul 15, 2020
Pls I need a good auto mechanic for my vw passat b6 FSI 2.0t 2007. The engine drags and doesn't accelerate fast. Almost make some noise in the engine like in the valves or like a partial contact between coil n plug. Engine also makes so much noise cos of the dragging.
Driver's door also doesn't open from outside, only open from inside

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.