Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (210329 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by dru23(m): 7:40am On Feb 16, 2020
Rotiix:

Okay thanks for your clear analysis, btw what will happen if the correct oil spec is used at this point.

Oil will short... so no point using correct oil too late ....
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 11:09am On Feb 16, 2020
For VW/Audi with direct fuel injection, troubleshooting is beyond an average DIY person or mechanic.

You can check my signature and contact me.

EnterpriseMan:

Yea, exertly.. it happens in the mornings and after about 10secs, it stablises.. So if it's the fuel pressure issue, how do I fix it?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 12:40am On Feb 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Falsehood. Utter falsehood. Just market your business...

Go through my posts. I am not into childish arguments as you are used to. All you see me do on this platform is contribute what I know. I wasn't talking to you anyway. You don't know me and I don't know you. What is your problem with my business? I do guess that you don't even know anything about the system that I was referring to, and hence your rant and rude manners.
This level of immaturity is nauseating.
I am a very peaceful person and I don't like problems with people but congratulations as you go down in history as the one bad enough to make it happen. I will leave the rest of the argument for you to do with yourself as I won't give you the attention that you are looking for.

5 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Anuoluwaosinubi: 11:27am On Feb 18, 2020
Hello admin, I would like to be added to the group chat. I own:
01) Volkswagen
02) Jetta
03) 2.0
04) Automatic
05) 2003
06) US Spec
My number is 08145840520. Thank you. Also please who knows a good panel beater in lagos and rewire person. My doors do not open immediately till you keep trying them. Also my back windows buttons do not work again. I would be grateful to anyone who can recommend someone good. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 9:58am On Feb 20, 2020
We are very much available

1 Share

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by dehavillandboy: 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hi guys
2004 Volkswagen Touareg
Automatic
3.2v6
From USA

Hello i have a problem with my touareg I was driving 2 weeks ago and the car just shut off and when i scanned it, i got a code 16706(the ecu was not getting a signal from the g28 engine speed sensor or crank
Shaft sensor I bought 2 different sensors yet the car is still not starting has anyone ever had this problem and how was it solved?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
dehavillandboy:
Hi guys
2004 Volkswagen Touareg
Automatic
3.2v6
From USA

Hello i have a problem with my touareg I was driving 2 weeks ago and the car just shut off and when i scanned it, i got a code 16706(the ecu was not getting a signal from the g28 engine speed sensor or crank
Shaft sensor I bought 2 different sensors yet the car is still not starting has anyone ever had this problem and how was it solved?
I hate this car. Hate it and hate it.
Cc
Megastu

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
dehavillandboy:
Hi guys
2004 Volkswagen Touareg
Automatic
3.2v6
From USA

Have you checked that the sensor is getting signal + power from the ecu.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by dehavillandboy: 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hello how is that done?

Sualcatnas:

Have you checked that the sensor is getting signal + power from the ecu.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
EnterpriseMan:
Model: Audi A4 2010 quattro premium
Transmission: Dual 6 speed automatic/manual
Engine: Turbo v4

whenever I start the car, i notice a slight vibration which later dies down. someone told me that maybe some of the engine seats are weak and need replacement, but I have to be sure.. it's a very beautiful car and works perfectly, and damn very fast. got it to hit 201km/h from Abuja to Benin. I just need to know what causes the vibration.

Thanks in advance

Have you scanner the car, you may have cold start misfire codes in there and this caused usually caused by build of carbon in the intake valves. What’s the mileage on the car?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
Phedam:
Hello guys,
I use a 2007 model VW jetta.
I just noticed some days back that while accelerating, my car suddenly jerks violently.
Let me explain better, If the car is at, say 40km/hr and I start accelerating,
when it gets to like 60 it stops increasing speed and starts jerking violently,
if I take my leg a bit away from the pedal and move at constant speed (60km/hr) for about 30 seconds
and then accelerate again it will respond to the acceleration until I get to like 80km/hr and it jerks again.
and the same cycle occurs at 100km/hr.

Please is there anybody with an idea of what can be going wrong with the car.
Responses will be appreciated.
Thanks

Please provide more information on this car, what’s the engine type, is it 2.0T turbo fsi, 2.5L MPI or the 1.6 fsi.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
Rotiix:

Okay thanks for your clear analysis, btw what will happen if the correct oil spec is used at this point.

Still not late to change; use oil flush on your next service and start using the synthetic oil.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
danstar:
Good morning all,

please my car is 06 VW Passsat 2.0l I4 FSI. I notice the gear indicator light is not shifting, the light is always on park irrespective of

the position of the gear (PRDN +-) the light is on P.
I notice the problem started when I asked a rewire to check center lock for me. Now, the car is not accelerating, instead is making huummm noise and move very slow.

I need someone that have an ideal of where i can fix this problem in Akure, Ondo state.

My contact, is drmastermind15@gmail.com or 09026020613.

Thank you

I could help if you were in Lagos.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EnterpriseMan: 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
Sualcatnas:

Have you scanner the car, you may have cold start misfire codes in there and this caused usually caused by build of carbon in the intake valves. What’s the mileage on the car?

Very helpful. Are you into it, is there any way i can get in contact with you?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by chuks04: 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2020
Hello guys ,

Passat 2007
2.0 Engine
USA

Pls I noticed recently whenever the car is hot under the sun, it won't start....not even cranking. On the dashboard it shows immobilizer active.

In the mornings or when it gets cold, it starts. I have changed the key battery, the transponder is intact. The key locks and unlock the car very well.

Pls I need an advise.

Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
chuks04:
Hello guys ,

Passat 2007
2.0 Engine
USA

Pls I noticed recently whenever the car is hot under the sun, it won't start....not even cranking. On the dashboard it shows immobilizer active.

In the mornings or when it gets cold, it starts. I have changed the key battery, the transponder is intact. The key locks and unlock the car very well.

Pls I need an advise.

Thanks
Check the coolant temperature sensor. The one connected to the ECU
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by harqinhola(m): 10:27am On Mar 14, 2020
Anuoluwaosinubi:
Hello admin, I would like to be added to the group chat. I own:
01) Volkswagen
02) Jetta
03) 2.0
04) Automatic
05) 2003
06) US Spec
My number is 08145840520. Thank you. Also please who knows a good panel beater in lagos and rewire person. My doors do not open immediately till you keep trying them. Also my back windows buttons do not work again. I would be grateful to anyone who can recommend someone good. Thank you.
I know 2fantastic people that'll do a good job , check Abbey at before Alapere Estate beside oando filling station or go to Block 9 Mechanic Village Itire and ask of Raufu (He's slightly deaf)
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by revilomichaels(m): 11:47am On Mar 17, 2020
Good day guys,
I thank God for this thread.
I want to buy a car. Was budgeting 600k for a Nigerian used Camry. But I saw a VW Bora 2003 model Toks.
I saw it on NL.
Guys what do u think about the car? Is it a good buy
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
EnterpriseMan:

Very helpful. Are you into it, is there any way i can get in contact with you?

Ajah; 08114735736
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by dehavillandboy: 10:48am On Mar 26, 2020
Hello guys the Engine of my 2004 VW touareg got bad how much does a tokumbo engine cost in ladipo? It's a 3.2 vr6 engine
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Musty4ahmed1: 2:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
Please I need a candid advice, I saw a naija used Volkswagen passat 2002 4 cylinder, manual transmission for sale , the price is friendly but I want to know about the car, cost of maintenance, how reliable is the car? I am an average income earner. Please those that have used the car can please advice either to buy or not. Thanks!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by radautoworks: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Please I need a candid advice, I saw a naija used Volkswagen passat 2002 4 cylinder, manual transmission for sale , the price is friendly but I want to know about the car, cost of maintenance, how reliable is the car? I am an average income earner. Please those that have used the car can please advice either to buy or not. Thanks!

Nope
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by searchng4love: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Where's the location and contact information of the seller
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Musty4ahmed1: 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
searchng4love:

Where's the location and contact information of the seller
Why are you requesting for it? You have idea about the car?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by searchng4love: 10:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Why are you requesting for it? You have idea about the car?
Please oblige me
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Jonwesley(m): 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hello all!

I'm dedicating this thread to owners of Audi and Volkswagen models. There would appear to be a gap in the Nigerian Auto Industry, with regards to correct repair, diagnosis, service and general maintenance of these cars. I would like to try addressing these issues, as much as I can remotely, from a distance. I don't promise to always get it right, I can but try. Of course, the more details you give, the better.

Please use the format as shown below:

01) Make.
02) Model.
03) Engine size.
04) Transmission type.
05) Model year.
06) Spec (Euro or US).
07) Drive configuration.

As an example, here is how my details will be posted:

01) Audi.
02) S8.
03) 4,2L V8 32V.
04 5-Speed Tiptronic.
05) 2002.
06) Euro
07) Permanent AWD.

Then give as much detail as possible with regards the issues, if any. Examples shown below:

01) Car difficult to start when hot.
02) Car difficult to start when cold.
03) Car does not start at all (engine cranks, but doesn't fire).
04) Car does not start at all (engine does not crank at all).
05) Car starts, but doesn't idle (needs constant gas pedal pressed).
06) Car starts and runs, but jerks in motion, fuel consumption seems higher than normal.
07) Car starts and runs, but jerks in motion, fuel consumption appears normal.
08) Car doesn't start after long drive, but will start as normal after cooling for over an hour and above.
09) Car starts and drives as normal, but becomes sluggish and jerky once warm.
10) Engine has knock and rattle, gets worse under load (driving).
11) Engine has knock and rattle at idle, less under load (driving).
12) Engine died whilst driving. Noise before it stopped, does not sound normal cranking, or doesn't crank at all.
13) Engine idles lumpy (misfire evident).
14) Check Engine Light illuminated.
15) Fuel consumption has increased,  car appears to run and drive as normal.
16) Coolant level keeps dropping, no over heating.
17) Coolant level keeps dropping, engine overheating.
18) Coolant level normal, engine overheating.
19) Black smoke from exhaust.
20) Blue smoke from exhaust, engine performance appears normal.
21) Blue smoke from exhaust, marked drop in engine performance.
22) Grey smoke (steam) from exhaust.
23) Oil in coolant reservoir.
24) Coolant / water (sludge) in oil, evident on dipstick and inside of oil filler cap.
25) Auto transmission doesn't change gear, stays in one gear. Gear shift indicator on dash (PRNDS, PRND etc) all illuminated.
26) Auto transmission doesn't engage reverse, all forward gears okay. Gear shift indicator on dash (PRNDS, PRND etc) all illuminated.
27) Auto transmission loses drive once warm. Gear shift indicator on dash (PRNDS, PRND etc) NOT illuminated.
28) Auto transmission slips in all gears, engine revs high, road speed doesn't match. Gear shift indicator on dash (PRNDS, PRND etc) all illuminated.
29) Manual transmission noisy (noise increases with road speed).
30) Manual transmission slips out of gear (more so when braking).
31) Manual transmission crunches when selecting gears.
32) Manual transmission difficult to select individual gears.
33) Manual transmission impossible to select individual gears.
34) Manual transmission impossible to select ANY gears.
35) Clutch pedal soft, will not return to rest position.
36) Clutch pedal stiff, gear selection difficult.
37) Brake pedal spongy, car difficult to stop.
38) Brake pedal has excessive travel before car stops.
39) Grinding noise when applying brakes from speed.
40) Vibration when applying brakes from speed.
41) Car pulls to one side during sudden sharp (emergency) braking.
42) Knocking from front of car over bumps or rough roads.
43) Knocking from rear of car over bumps or rough roads.
44) Car has excessive "bounce" even over moderate bumps.
45) Car appears lower on one side, even when parked on level ground.
46) Droning noise from wheel area, worse when turning corners.
47) Droning noise from wheel area, less when turning corners.
48) Clicking noise from front wheel, worse when turning corners.
49) Vibration from steering wheel at certain speeds.
50) Aircon blows warm air.
51) Aircon blows cold air, but not from vents.
52) External lights don't work.
53) Cruise control doesn't operate.
54) ABS warning light is on.
55) Airbag warning light is on.
56) Battery keeps going flat, battery warning light illuminated.
57) Battery keeps going flat, battery warning light NOT illuminated.
58) Alarm sounds randomly.
59) Remote key does not work.
60) Central locking does not work.
61) Electric window does not work.
62) Electric mirror does not work.
63) Electric sunroof does not work.
64) Horn does not work, or has random operation.
65) One or more doors fails to unlock.
66) Door open warning on dash illuminated, despite all doors being shut.
67) Hood open warning on dash illuminated, despite hood being shut.
68) Trunk open warning on das illuminated, despite trunk being shut.
69) Poor radio reception.
70) Audio volume adjusts itself randomly.
71) Digital central display on dash dim, worse when warm.
72) Digital central display on dash has broken / missing pixels.
73) Wiper operation very slow, even on high setting.
74) Wiper fuse constantly burns out.
75) Wipes don't operate.
76) Key warning lamp on dash flashing, difficult to start car.
77) Key warning lamp on dash flashing, impossible to start car.
78) Key warning lamp on dash flashing, engine starts, then dies after approximately 2 seconds.
79) Fuel pump noisy (buzzing from trunk / rear).
80) Speedo does not work.
81) Speedo works intermittently.
82) Speedo / dash not illuminated with lights on.
83) No communication with diagnostic equipment via OBD II port.

What a great idea. I'm just knowing this here.
Please help me out.

My car is as follows :
01) Volkswagen
02) Golf 4
03) 1.6 Ltr
04) Manual
05) 2007/2010. I'm not sure of the exact year
06) Euro.

Car starts normally first hand in the morning. Drive it maybe 5 minutes or so and then like you stopped to buy something on the road side. To start it, it would take a while up to 10 - 15 minutes to start normally again.
It starts, engine cranks, fires it, but it stalls. Sometimes if I fire it and drive it, it's like it jerks with revolving sound, and stalls, at times the Rev meter does not move immediately. It is always difficult for me and killed my last battery. I'm afraid it's going to do so again.
Kindly find away to help me please with solution or what could be wrong.
Thank you.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Jonwesley(m): 3:48am On Apr 09, 2020
Jonwesley:

What a great idea. I'm just knowing this here.
Please help me out.

My car is as follows :
01) Volkswagen
02) Golf 4
03) 1.6 Ltr
04) Manual
05) 2007/2010. I'm not sure of the exact year
06) Euro.

Car starts normally first hand in the morning. Drive it maybe 5 minutes or so and then like you stopped to buy something on the road side. To start it, it would take a while up to 10 - 15 minutes to start normally again.
It starts, engine cranks, fires it, but it stalls. Sometimes if I fire it and drive it, it's like it jerks with revolving sound, and stalls, at times the Rev meter does not move immediately. It is always difficult for me and killed my last battery. I'm afraid it's going to do so again.
Kindly find away to help me please with solution or what could be wrong.
Thank you.

Oga Sienna, why the sudden quietness on my post. I'm sorry, not even a reply. Am I so unlucky? Anyone in the house to help me. Sienna's email address please....
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 5:26am On Apr 09, 2020
Jonwesley:

Oga Sienna, why the sudden quietness on my post. I'm sorry, not even a reply. Am I so unlucky? Anyone in the house to help me. Sienna's email address please....

Have you scanned this car? Don't think Siena is around anymore.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Jonwesley(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Have you scanned this car? Don't think Siena is around anymore.

Ok, I don't even know about the scanning process and afraid of the cost. I was thinking I would read of similar issues or somebody with the same problem.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 8:28am On Apr 09, 2020
Jonwesley:

Ok, I don't even know about the scanning process and afraid of the cost. I was thinking I would read of similar issues or somebody with the same problem.

Ask around in your location for a technician with a scanner. An 07-10 VW will likely throw a code that will give you an idea of what you are dealing with. About the costs, simply ask the technician before he starts.

3 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by plantist: 8:53am On Apr 09, 2020
Hello house, can anyone kindly inform me of the reliability issues of a 2010 or 2013 Audi A4. I will appreciate your sincere opinion and advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.