Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (210330 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Jonwesley(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Ask around in your location for a technician with a scanner. An 07-10 VW will likely throw a code that will give you an idea of what you are dealing with. About the costs, simply ask the technician before he starts.

Many thanks to you for the advice. Okay I will check up. Other people here felt indifferent to my challenges and cared less for my frustrations but only you. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
plantist:
Hello house, can anyone kindly inform me of the reliability issues of a 2010 or 2013 Audi A4. I will appreciate your sincere opinion and advice.

2010 Audi A4 turbos are known to have some weird oil burn issues. Also, if the water pump on the car is the plastic type, it is known to fail in most VWs and Audis, many times suddenly, and if you are really unlucky, within 10,000 miles. I have had to replace with the aluminium type for a few people. I will advise you stay away from the 2010.

I don't know of any peculiar issue with the 2013 though.

2 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by searchng4love: 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
oluwaseunla:

2010 Audi A4 turbos are known to have some weird oil burn issues. Also, if the water pump on the car is the plastic type, it is known to fail in most VWs and Audis, many times suddenly, and if you are really unlucky, within 10,000 miles. I have had to replace with the aluminium type for a few people. I will advise you stay away from the 2010.

Why would anyone buy an A4?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
searchng4love:

Why would anyone buy an A4?

Well, one man's food.... If you move close to some of them, you will actually fall in love. One just needs to be aware of possible issues that may arise. Most cars have theirs.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by searchng4love: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Well, one man's food.... If you move close to some of them, you will actually fall in love. One just needs to be aware of possible issues that may arise. Most cars have theirs.
I have one. Can't wait to get tf out of it into my w210 E320.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by plantist: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Thanks bros.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by plantist: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
anyone with experience working on or driving Audi A4 should kindly enlighten on its reliability.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Flooerin(m): 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hello all,

Passat 2008 fsi 2.0

The car won't accelerate.
Scanned and got the following codes
P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor
P0222 -
P0122 -
Changed pedal and throttle body, cleared codes but codes returns immediately.
A rewire from itire checked and rerouted the harness that it was causing the low signal but still same issue.
Car starts but in limp mode. I was told it's an ecu issue that I need to change ecu.

Kindly advise.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
Flooerin:
Hello all,

Passat 2008 fsi 2.0

P0222 -
P0122 -
A rewire from itire checked and rerouted the harness that it was causing the low signal but still same issue.
Car starts but in limp mode. I was told it's an ecu issue that I need to change ecu.

Kindly advise.

Pls reverse the the wirings back to factory and replace the ECU with the exact part number part.

Be sure harness issues are ruled out before that though.

2 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Chukemama: 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hello Siena,

Pls I just purchased an Audi A4 2011 and will to discuss something with you regarding the car. It's showing "Switch off Engine, Low oil pressure". I will appreciate if you can add me to the whatsapp group.

Thanks - 07038627801
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Agbabiakara: 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=Flooerin post=88265952]Hello all,

Passat 2008 fsi 2.0

P0222 -
P0122 -

Kindly advise.[/quote
This is a simple issue to address. You do not change part based on code. Proper diagnosis of the problem has to be performed to be able to nail the problem down. So sorry the car was not fixed after spending money on part and labour. Funny how rewires call parts without diagnosis, I assume they must be wizards that know more than the engineers that designed the car. Do not replace any part yet until diagnosis is performed. This will save you thousands of naira.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
Chukemama:

Hello Siena,

Pls I just purchased an Audi A4 2011 and will to discuss something with you regarding the car. It's showing "Switch off Engine, Low oil pressure". I will appreciate if you can add me to the whatsapp group.

Thanks - 07038627801

Pretty common issue with that generation. It could be a few things:

PCV valve
Oil pressure switch
Oil cooler
Some reported cases of balance shaft being the issue.

In all, get it looked at, so the exact culprit can possibly be found.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
Flooerin:
Hello all,

Passat 2008 fsi 2.0

P0222 -
P0122 -

Kindly advise.

If you’re on the island, you can reach me on my number 08114735736. I’ll fix the issue. It’s faulty wiring to the throttle body. No part needs to be replaced. Thanks. (MicoMero’s Volkswagen Electric)
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kingvicking(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
Chukemama:

Hello Siena,

Thanks - 07038627801

Had similar issue recently on my Passat 2001.

Had to change the oil pump, work perfectly now
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 02, 2020
Hello Guys.

I want to buy a 2007 touareg v6 3.6 litre engine .

Any issues I should be aware of.

Also please add me to the whatsapp group:

01) Audi.
02) A6
03) 3.2L V6.
04 6-Speed Tiptronic.
05) 2007
06) America
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by searchng4love: 10:25pm On May 02, 2020
georgeiyke009:
Hello Guys.

01) Audi.
02) A6
03) 3.2L V6.
04 6-Speed Tiptronic.
05) 2007
06) America

Your village People are after you.

2 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 7:49am On May 03, 2020
Lol. Please explain. I have owned toyotas and when the thing wants to break down especially at high mileage, na everything. U fit send 500k e never do especially if you are buying original new parts.

searchng4love:

Your village People are after you.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by viqSmallz(m): 8:02am On May 03, 2020
Please o. Come to my aid. I have this issues which I have tried fixing to no avail.

1. My car doesn't start once again. I just realised yesterday that the battery has not been charging even after fixing the alternator.
2. At times it slows down when on motion and drags before it selects the next gear. (It was bad to a point it will just go off on the road- had to fix that)
3. When I put on the ac, the performance also reduces.

This car is a Golf 5 2005 model. Spent a lot on it already. It keeps repeating itself.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by searchng4love: 8:32am On May 03, 2020
viqSmallz:
Please o. Come to my aid. I have this issues which I have tried fixing to no avail.

1. My car doesn't start once again. I just realised yesterday that the battery has not been charging even after fixing the alternator.
2. At times it slows down when on motion and drags before it selects the next gear. (It was bad to a point it will just go off on the road- had to fix that)

This car is a Golf 5 2005 model. Spent a lot on it already. It keeps repeating itself.

Cc dancock
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by searchng4love: 8:33am On May 03, 2020
georgeiyke009:
Lol. Please explain. I have owned toyotas and when the thing wants to break down especially at high mileage, na everything. U fit send 500k e never do especially if you are buying original new parts.

This one you'd spend double. Do you know where the timing is? Between the gear and the engine?

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by F117nighthawk: 11:28am On May 03, 2020
Nice information, I use an Audi A4 Avant 2003 model, the problem with is car is the absence of very good modern mechanics and rewires around to fix problems on this car
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 03, 2020
But after fixing, it is good for another 100k miles? That's a good investment. Patapata like 150k max.

Is it the audi or the touareg?

searchng4love:

This one you'd spend double. Do you know where the timing is? Between the gear and the engine?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by searchng4love: 1:28pm On May 03, 2020
georgeiyke009:
But after fixing, it is good for another 100k miles? That's a good investment. Patapata like 150k max.

Is it the audi or the touareg?

Buy it.... Share your experiences
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 11:39pm On May 07, 2020
F117nighthawk:
Nice information, I use an Audi A4 Avant 2003 model, the problem with is car is the absence of very good modern mechanics and rewires around to fix problems on this car

What assistance do you need on it, I’m a automobile electrician for Volkswagen/Audi cars
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2020
viqSmallz:

This car has issues not related to each other, a proper examination and diagnostic scan approach is needed. If you’re on the island you can reach me for assistance.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 11:45pm On May 07, 2020
georgeiyke009:
Hello Guys.

01) Audi.
02) A6
03) 3.2L V6.
04 6-Speed Tiptronic.
05) 2007
06) America

My advice is to take a technician with diagnostic tool to check for the status of the car and give you a proper estimate on what needs to be done to get to serve you well going forward.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by F117nighthawk: 1:35am On May 08, 2020
[quote author=Sualcatnas post=89305359]

What assistance do you need on it, I’m a automobile electrician for Volkswagen/Audi cars [/quote
Of u can reach me on my phone number I need a good and reliable rewire for the car, that has been one of the major issues I have with the car
08059285528, also the auto gear will refuse to select after a very long parking left for days, I will have to use the system to reprogram it before it starts working again
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Emebel: 3:27pm On May 17, 2020
Pls i want to buy Volkswagen Jatta 2001 but my friends told me that the car is problematic, please house I need your advice. Help me because I am madly I say madly in love with that babe
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 18, 2020
Sualcatnas:

What assistance do you need on it, I’m a automobile electrician for Volkswagen/Audi cars

I need help ASAP. After a frequent disconnection of battery from my Audi a4 2004, it developed these faults:
1. The prnds blinks
2. The TCM lights up and doesn't go away
3. The reverse gear doesn't enter at one push
Here is my contact 0902 966 3258
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Conductor261: 11:21pm On May 18, 2020
Sualcatnas:

My advice is to take a technician with diagnostic tool to check for the status of the car and give you a proper estimate on what needs to be done to get to serve you well going forward.
Contact please
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 18, 2020
Conductor261:

Contact please
Here is my contact 0902 966 3258
Location is Lagos
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by NaijadrivaCars: 12:43pm On May 19, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.