Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,990 members, 7,863,541 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:44 PM

2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi (21884 Views)

2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike / Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger / Trumps White House Will Consider PDP Youth Leaders Petition - US Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:39am On May 27
The 2023 Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has addressed the possibility of a merger between the LP and the Peoples Democratic Party.

In an interview on NoireTV-GlobalBlackTV released on YouTube on Saturday, Obi also reacted to the prospect of being supported as a Southeast candidate in the 2027 presidential election by Atiku Abubakar, the PDP’s 2023 flagbearer.

Responding to the interviewer’s question, Obi expressed gratitude for Abubakar’s statement about potentially supporting him as a result of the South-East candidate. “I commend him and I’m grateful for his statements, especially where he said he will support me if it (the presidential ticket) goes to the South East,”
Obi said.

However, Obi emphasised that his primary concern is not personal ambition or political maneuvering, but rather the well-being of Nigeria and its people. “I’m not desperate to be president, I’m desperate to see Nigeria work, especially for the poor people because we have a lot of potential,” he stated.

On the subject of a potential merger between the PDP and LP, Obi expressed openness to the idea, provided that the goal is to better govern Nigeria and unlock its vast potential. “If the merger is to be able to govern Nigeria properly, unlock all those things that will make Nigeria a better place, I’m for it,” he said.

Obi clarified that he has no interest in mergers or alliances solely to secure power or win elections.

If it’s just a merger for election or state capture, I’m not for it or part of it, I don’t want to be part of anything like that,” he asserted.

The former Anambra State governor stressed the importance of unity and cooperation among individuals and parties, but only if the objective is to build a better Nigeria.

He said, “It might be at the party level, it might be at the individual level, might be at any level, but we must come together to be able to build a better Nigeria.”

https://punchng.com/2027-i-will-consider-pdp-lp-merger-if-obi/

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Kokadomfreedom(m): 10:49am On May 27
Anybody that is still supporting this APC's evil regime that have reduced our living standard to nothing has mental issues and need proper check up. Nigeria would not have gotten to this level of mess had APC not stole Obi's mandate. We are with you sir(Peter Obi) come rain or sunshine

160 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Dreal1247: 11:03am On May 27
The enemies of Nigeria won't like this golden statement that can hardly come from the regular Nigerian politicians.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by StOla: 11:06am On May 27
Dreal1247:
The enemies of Nigeria won't like this golden statement that can hardly come from the regular Nigerian politicians.

But it came from a regular Nigerian political prostitute without any decency or integrity.

120 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by JagabanB: 11:11am On May 27
"I'm desperate to see Nigeria work especially for the poor people" but;
-you hiked tuition fees and said education is not for the poor after heavy and brutal protests from same póór students.
- you didn't build schools that will be affordable for the poor.
- you didn't build industries that will employ the poor people rather you prefer importing and selling at prices that the same poor people can't afford.
- you asked same póór people to donate for your electioneering campaign despite being a billionaire.
- you can't build sporting facilities to improve the chances of the poor making it in sports.
Tell us more stories obi.
We know you are more interested in "I'm the first lgb0 man to win elections in modern day Nigerîà", "I'm the first to use an unpopular party to be president", "I'm the first this...", "I'm the first that..."
You will NEVER be president of Nigeria, just rest.
You already fluffed your lines in the last election.

74 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by JagabanB: 11:12am On May 27
Dreal1247:
He's actually way Iesser than a regular Nigerîàn politician.
Seeing through his Iies is not difficult.

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by atobs4real(m): 11:51am On May 27
Merge and loss

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Felabrity: 11:51am On May 27
Make una merge now before 2026 so people go prepare well including tinubu

3 Likes

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by AqualinaXYZ: 11:51am On May 27
kiss
Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by BadMaster: 11:51am On May 27
So, the so-called righteous one wants to merge with structure of criminality?

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by marksonrick: 11:51am On May 27
Hmm
Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Watianoengineer(m): 11:51am On May 27
This man has no iota of integrity. Those he called structures of criminality are what he's planning to merge with.

Unless he agrees to be Atiku's vice he can't smell the presidency

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by VillagePipu: 11:51am On May 27
Very good.

1 Like

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by atobs4real(m): 11:51am On May 27
Merge and loss
Leaders fighting for their pocket

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by GeneralPula: 11:51am On May 27
There’s nothing special to consider..

He’s just going back to where he came from. He has been used. He’ll still be re-used.

124 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Felabrity: 11:52am On May 27
If you like contest from now till 2039, you will not win apc

Same goes to Atiku

Only a united opposition can defeat apc

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:52am On May 27
It’s already too late

LP and PDP as been reduced to nothing that why even Atiku might not be willing to contest 2027 election

2023 was the best chance to drive away APC from Abuja

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Whois(m): 11:52am On May 27
For real progress

2 Likes

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by VillagePipu: 11:52am On May 27
But your supporters said anyone who votes Pdp is after their lives.

Obi actually believes his supporters are brainless and will swallow anything he throws at them. Unfortunately, their responses indicate that he is very correct

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by ImpregnaTor(m): 11:52am On May 27
grin
Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Nicoddemus(m): 11:52am On May 27
That's the only way to get rid of Tinubu but I doubt it's possibility because INEC is compromised

2 Likes

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Khyrvxjzy: 11:52am On May 27
peter obi will never be president

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by farouk2much(m): 11:52am On May 27
Thank God... you realize that you can not fight this battle alone.... Obi is a good man don't forget am a northerner... And i hate Apc with passion..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by FactBoyz: 11:53am On May 27
grin
Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by Coolestguy2023: 11:53am On May 27
Political prostitute on the beat. No shame, no integrity, no decency, no principle.
Just a regular desperate clown.
Thank God we sane Nigerian rejected this gbajue.
You can merge with the devil for all we care but you will never be President of Nigeria

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by DeLaRue: 11:53am On May 27
As VP I guess.

That's a big come down - from presidential candidate of a supposedly saintly Special Purpose Vehicle called Labour party to vice presidential candidate of one of the most corrupt political parties the world has ever known.

Think of a triumvirate of Messrs Atiku, Dino Melaye, and Obi on a campaign platform shouting peeeeedeepeeeeee!!!

Ewww!

Mr Obi, are you no longer the saint you claimed to be?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by richiemcgold: 11:53am On May 27
Good for him, because I don't see LP surviving as a party till 2027 with all these leadership crises rocking the party every now and then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by VillagePipu: 11:53am On May 27
Immediately this guy enters Pdp, they must clip his wings. Very important. That's if Pdp is still interested in winning any national election in the nearest future.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by VillagePipu: 11:53am On May 27
Let him go to the Pdp and let Wike finish work on him. grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by ajasbaba(m): 11:53am On May 27
hmmm
Re: 2027: I Will Consider PDP-LP Merger – Obi by carterguccy(m): 11:54am On May 27
You gon lose bro, I know you mean 2047 grin cheesy After Tinubu and Kassim

22 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brazil To Sell 3 Super Tucano Aircrafts To Nigeria / FRSC Officials To Carry Arms / Man Trekking From Jos To Lagos For Governor Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.