Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2314027 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2018
Lana1:
grin
I tall pass eph. Na me dey wear the brown suit.
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 11:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
Lana1:
grin grin

At least yahoo yahoo pays better than Pole dancing at a strip club and entertaining the sexual urges of middle aged men. Fâggot.

Ur club's middle name is banter and you have been wailing ontop Arsenal matter for the better part of your youth so save us the Lamentations brouhaha abeg.

How can someone go 20 games unbeaten and go from 3rd to 5th. Lmao.
This one is still busting my brain. And the club was celebrating the unbeaten after the match yesterday. This useless club needs to get its act together and stop thinking like a small club cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:21am On Dec 07, 2018
eph12:

You would have if only you had played for the W cheesy cheesy
I am sure you watched the match. If you did you would see that Arsenal went for the W in the final 10mins when they saw how confused your manager was throwing in human baggages- Lukaku and Fellaini.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:25am On Dec 07, 2018
I feel sad about comments on Guendouzi during the last match from Kokaneprodigy and Roland17.

Dude gave a man of the match performance just as Torriera. Yes he did lose the ball often, but anyone could see the determination to dominate that midfield as he avails himself for every move.

He eventually came through in the second half, taking on the likes of Fellaini and Pogba, and help push a last minute winner.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:40am On Dec 07, 2018
Spy360:
I feel sad about comments on Guendouzi during the last match from Kokaneprodigy and Roland17.

Dude gave a man of the match performance just as Torriera. Yes he did lose the ball often, but anyone could see the determination to dominate that midfield as he avails himself for every move.

He eventually came through in the second half, taking on the likes of Fellaini and Pogba, and help push a last minute winner.

You have chosen to only acknowledge legitimate criticisms of his game while discarding praises I wrote about him.
As tough and bitter as it tastes, Guen is not ready for 1st team considering his competition in that team, even Unai knows this and that is why he now starts from the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 07, 2018
Spy360:

Dude quit being emotional. There’s a difference between being determined and being good enough.

Guen has the potential, determination but ain’t good enough simple. I saw this from the very first day he played for us. Our midfield was just too porous, most of his passes were either sideways or backwards.

I never called him an unserious player or one who lacks determination. He simply doesn’t have the strength to start in big matches. A manager plays to his player’s strength. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 6:52am On Dec 07, 2018
Spy360:

I am sure you watched the match. If you did you would see that Arsenal went for the W in the final 10mins when they saw how confused your manager was throwing in human baggages- Lukaku and Fellaini.
OK next time go for the W from kick off. Thank
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 07, 2018
Keyword not ready

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2018
Lana1:
grin grin

At least yahoo yahoo pays better than Pole dancing at a strip club and entertaining the sexual urges of middle aged men. Fâggot.

Ur club's middle name is banter and you have been wailing ontop Arsenal matter for the better part of your youth so save us the Lamentations brouhaha abeg.

How can someone go 20 games unbeaten and go from 3rd to 5th. Lmao.
He's middle aged himself that's the saddest part.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
Spy360:

You not alone, I wonder if some fans are expecting him to do a pirlo or modric on the pitch. An unknown young lad is expected to have some blemish in his game once a while, but I make bold to say he atleast gives 70% good performance( tackles, runs, make pass completions and confident on the ball) whenever he steps out there. He hasn't committed error leading to goals, nor sluggish on the pitch.
I choose his passion over any big age or bodied player.
For he to have dominated the stoke city's midfield, he deserves some confidence boosters comment.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2018
kokaneprodigy:

Dude quit being emotional. There’s a difference between being determined and being good enough.

Guen has the potential, determination but ain’t good enough simple. I saw this from the very first day he played for us. Our midfield was just too porous, most of his passes were either sideways or backwards.

I never called him an unserious player or one who lacks determination. He simply doesn’t have the strength to start in big matches. A manager plays to his player’s strength. Simple.
I can agree with your first line but " not good enough" How can you say such, Are you mistaken him for Fellaini? Even rivals fans have heaped praises on him. Aside Torreria, what spectacular things do our senior midfielders do? Is it not side passes and backward? The more physical ones, do they win tackles, do they win duels?
Despite his baby stature,he doesn't get robbed often, he shields the ball or win fouls for us.

His age and size is the only reason I agree we ease him in.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
A40:

He's middle aged himself that's the saddest part.
Now that's just tragic. grin grin

Patakshìt!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
Eruditor:

Much better squad indeed.

The squad that finished 4th behind Wenger's 2nd and equal points with United in 5th?

The one Leicester, Tottenham, United and Arsenal even West Ham took turns to beat almost home and away for all teams above?

Kompany out. Zaba, Sagna, Clichy, Mangala, Fernando that same squad or another one?

The same squad with 63points only '3' shy off the '66' points team Pep inherited is the one his was much better than? Lol

Okay o.
Yes, that same squad.

He inherited a squad that had De Bruyne, David Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero and 50 million pounds Sterling as the core and then spent a couple of hundreds of millions to strengthen it. That squad won the league just 2 seasons earlier. Compare that to the Arsenal squad which just finished a distant 6th last season and has the mentally weak and inconsistent Ozil and Mhiki, the error prone Mustafi and Xhaka, the out of form and inexperience Iwobi and Bellerin. Only Aubameyang and Lacazette can be said to be really great players.

The squad Pep inherited from Pellegrini is so much better than the one Wenger handed to Emery is not even a joke.

(Pep/city fans should stop seeing my post as a dig at Pep. It's more to put the good work Emery has done at Arsenal in perspective)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
kokaneprodigy:

Now, this is a reasonable football fan. Well said.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
KevinDein:

Yes, that same squad.

He inherited a squad that had De Bruyne, David Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero and 50 million pounds Sterling as the core and then spent a couple of hundreds of millions to strengthen it. That squad won the league just 2 seasons earlier. Compare that to the Arsenal squad which just finished a distant 6th last season and has the mentally weak and inconsistent Ozil and Mhiki, the error prone Mustafi and Xhaka, the out of form and inexperience Iwobi and Bellerin. Only Aubameyang and Lacazette can be said to be really great players.

The squad Pep inherited from Pellegrini is so much better than the one Wenger handed to Emery is not even a joke.

(Pep/city fans should stop seeing my post as a dig at Pep. It's more to put the good work Emery has done at Arsenal in perspective)
Which good work are you talking about? Arsenal sits fifth on the table!!!! If this present Arsenal team meets City or Barcelona, they will concede at least four goals. It is still a very poor team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fkhalifa:
I can agree with your first line but " not good enough" How can you say such, Are you mistaken him for Fellaini? Even rivals fans have heaped praises on him. Aside Torreria, what spectacular things do our senior midfielders do? Is it not side passes and backward? The more physical ones, do they win tackles, do they win duels?
Despite his baby stature,he doesn't get robbed often, he shields the ball or win fouls for us.

His age and size is the only reason I agree we ease him in.
Guen shouldn't be in the first eleven of a Champion league team. He is inexperience.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2018
Pataki:
Manure fans are truly despicable and deplorable.

You spend over £400m, only to be playing like a glorifed Stoke City. Yet your useless coach trolls you demented lot every match. You idiots did not hear Arsenal fans singing yesterday at your theater of disaster, that they want Jose Mourinho to stay. grin Afterall, no other EPL coach has more EPL titles than him. Awon Asinwin! grin

Go to the manure thread, it is littered with tears of lamentation about the useless team, coach and fans who support Mourinho. Yet some demented idiots think trolling Arsenal, that have only lost the first two matches played since the beginning of this season makes their team better.

Troglodytes!
Lost two matches and sits fifth on the table. SMH.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 2:43pm On Dec 07, 2018
Roland17:

You are right, we made 2 forced substitutions and that changed Unai's plan going into the 2nd half.

Like I said, I think this was a good result considering the circumstances. No one expected us to be where we are right now.
Where? 5th?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
ndidibabe:
Which good work are you talking about? Arsenal sits fifth on the table!!!! If this present Arsenal team meets City or Barcelona, they will concede at least four goals. It is still a very poor team.
Arsenal met city at the start of the season when Emery hasn't even fully implemented his system and they didn't concede four.

Please, I understand everyone should have an opinion especially on public forum but I will appreciate it if you just stop quoting my comments. Your knowledge of football is rather poor and it's a torture having to read your comments.

Thanks for your understanding.

8 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
KevinDein:

Arsenal met city at the start of the season when Emery hasn't even fully implemented his system and they didn't concede four.

Please, I understand everyone should have an opinion especially on public forum but I will appreciate it if you just stop quoting my comments. Your knowledge of football is rather poor and it's a torture having to read your comments.

Thanks for your understanding.
lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
KevinDein:

Thanks for your understanding

Na that "thanks for your understanding" kill me with laff grin

God is Love

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
ndidibabe:
Guen shouldn't be in the first eleven of a Champion league team. He is inexperience.
Matteo Guendouzi made 17 tackles and interceptions combined in his first Premier League games city and Chelsea
His nine interceptions were two more than anyone else in the top flight, despite the Frenchman being just 19.

Maybe he needs time to mature more in size and football ability, but he isn't far from playing in any topflight football competition.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2018
Holding is out for 9 months, really sad and wish quick recovery.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
Come on now!! We heap a lot of criticism on Ozil, Ramsey, Mustafi, Bellerin, Kolasinac, Iwobi, Laca, Cech before he got injured and I have even heard strong comments about Auba, but for some emotional reason, we can not critic Guen? Why? because he is young? That reeks of hypocrisy. This is not the Wenger regime where players got comfortable playing nonsense and get shielded by the coach and fans alike. We love our players including the ones we criticize every day.

Guys stop construing the argument about Guen because I don't think anyone has said he is horrible and a bad player. If anything, every critical comment I have read about him end up praising his qualities but you guys are only focusing on the criticisms and not being honest even though it is glaring. Every one wants Guen to succeed and I believe he has impressed but you can not conclude that he is better than either Xhaka/ Torreira at this time. Now, can that change? absolutely!!! and that is why we got him in the first place. He has numerous opportunities to continue to grow and improve in his deficiencies so as to get into the first team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2018
sod09:
Holding is out for 9 months, really sad and wish quick recovery.

I knew it would be that long. I feel gutted for the kid. Just when he was maturing into that position. Now when he comes back, he would have to start all over again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2018
ndidibabe:
Lost two matches and sits fifth on the table. SMH.
this really is yahoo yahoo grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2018
Roland17:

I knew it would be that long. I feel gutted for the kid. Just when he was maturing into that position. Now when he comes back, he would have to start all over again.
it's really bad for him...he was already getting used to the position
I hope mavro can follow his footsteps
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
Roland17:
Come on now!! We heap a lot of criticism on Ozil, Ramsey, Mustafi, Bellerin, Kolasinac, Iwobi, Laca, Cech before he got injured and I have even heard strong comments about Auba, but for some emotional reason, we can not critic Guen? Why? because he is young? That reeks of hypocrisy. This is not the Wenger regime where players got comfortable playing nonsense and get shielded by the coach and fans alike. We love our players including the ones we criticize every day.

Guys stop construing the argument about Guen because I don't think anyone has said he is horrible and a bad player. If anything, every critical comment I have read about him end up praising his qualities but you guys are only focusing on the criticisms and not being honest even though it is glaring. Every one wants Guen to succeed and I believe he has impressed but you can not conclude that he is better than either Xhaka/ Torreira at this time. Now, can that change? absolutely!!! and that is why we got him in the first place. He has numerous opportunities to continue to grow and improve in his deficiencies so as to get into the first team.

Your own criticism isn't out of line, when I read "he isn't good enough ", I can't pretend to be okay with that.. Kolasinac was at fault for the equaliser, Everyone was mute, To me he had an average if not below, he wasn't getting back to protect holding and Sokratis, he was just making runs to make predictive passes to Auba..
If matteo had made such error, it would have been oh he's not ready and all.

Like I've said he isn't a modric or pirlo yet, for his age and level I feel fans should expect some little ish in his games.But not after the performance we watched against stoke city, we saw how they murdered Holding, Ramsey outta the pitch. Rojo kicked him a red card offence kick, felleaini grabbed his hair after running past him,the boy clearly won us 2 red cards.
Despite the kicks and bullying,he bossed the Stoke city's midfield on their ground..

I wouldn't be happy reading negative comments after running down my battery in such a hard dangerous game, he didn't make error leading to goals, nor has he made one before.

Dhaka I don't like is style of play for being too basic and making errors leading us to conceding goals, but I admitted He's improved of late since the Leicester and Liverpool game,and based on form I'll pick him ahead of anyone ATM.
Iwobi didn't create jack,Auba was just another ozil, In fact none of our attackers created good scoring chances except Kola's and Bellerin's cut backs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
Lana1:
Now that's just tragic. grin grin

Patakshìt!
Oloriburuku agbaya ni Bobo yen. Not long ago he said he was doing Dancing Awareness grin shebi if say he fit rap e for change career like Cardi B grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fkhalifa:

I wouldn't be happy reading negative comments after running down my battery in such a hard dangerous game, he didn't make error leading to goals, nor has he made one before.

I hate to sound like I am picking on him but you raised it with the embolden and I feel like I need to address it.

He conceded a silly foul in a dangerous area around the top of the box which led to the free-kick that subsequently led to United's first equalizer.

Against Bournemouth, he was running helter-skelter when he was drawn into a Bournemouth possession and away from his position which led to the pass that opened the play for Bournemouth's equalizer.

Again, I believe he is a very good talent who is way ahead of his age. He has a great upside and I am very excited about him. I have always preached about his talent, even before we got him from Lorient. I think we should be open to player criticism in this era even for young players because footballer are people of habit and rituals especially when they are young. Ramsey was 19 when Shawcross broke his leg but it has not stopped us from being critical of some aspects of his game.

The reason we got him is to slowly transition him to the midfield but he still needs a lot to happen for that to materialize.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
ndidibabe:
if Arsenal concedes 4 to Barca, then man Utd is going to be bleeped from all angles and concede 10

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chidexxy007(m): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
ndidibabe:
But but... his team isnt a UCL team na, i say he deserves his inclusion grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.