Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2352070 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
chamotex:

. . . In other words, Fulham were better on the day.

how many league games have arsenal lost this season now?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

how many league games have arsenal lost this season now?

Only 6 I think
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
chamotex:

Only 6 I think

unbelievable, jeff!
unbelievable. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
duduspace:

Fulham stepped up when Gervinho left the pitch, true we were wasting chances before then but the game really became one sided when we went down to 10 men. Fulham knew Rosicky and Benayoun would never get beyond their full backs.
Considering the way Gerv and Walcott were wasting chances in the first half, I was screaming that they should be taken off. If you also consider that the pressure on DJ20 was quite high and Theo wasn't doing much to help.

I agree AW needs to trust his younger players. What's the point of having them in the squad if they are not going to be used?

Ive put this down as a bad day in the office sha, I simply don't understand our second half performance,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hannie: 12:41am On Jan 03, 2012
The way some people keep dissing Djorou you would think he is the worst player in Arsenal . . .

This same Djorou was one of the best performers in the last 2 matches, now he gets an undeserved red and everyone wants to have him for dinner  . .are u cannibals?  shocked Ramsey, Chamakh, Arshavin and Squillaci should be allowed to leave as soon as possible . . .

RVP, tired or fatigued, was the worst player on the field, yet no one has stated that fact but if it were Chamakh we would have lampooned him for his failure in close control of even little passes, fluffing chances and general ineptitude for the whole duration of the game . . .but for RVP . . .NA DOUBLE STANDARDS undecided

Walcott was another piss-poor player and what my mind tells me is that the presence of Henry all of a sudden has sent some kinda jiiters straight into the minds of RVP and Walcott, RVP because of the record he was chasing became selfish and wanted to kick from any angle (very unlike him), Walcott simpley feels pressured because the true NO 14 is around . . .that jersey should have been rested  tongue

The ref and his officiating reminds me of why English refs arent really taken too serious . . .rubbish and nonsense cooked together  embarassed

Like as been noted by Dudu or so, Gervinho had no business leaving that field for anybody . . .that guy has been the major driving force for that team alongside Song and as we all saw Song wasnt in form today and almost didnt win a single midfield battle, explains what I have been saying all along that as long as Song is not on song . . .na wahala be that for Arsenal . . .

anyways . . .there is always another day to fight fresh battles, THE BATTLE IS ON, DONT GIVE UP YOU GUNNERS!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 2:26am On Jan 03, 2012
chamotex:

. . . In other words, Fulham were better on the day.

That is a matter of opinion, the fact is that we lost. There is no requirement to outplay the opponent, only to outscore them.  tongue
It is my opinion that we lost a game we had no business losing, you might choose to disagree.

proudly9ja:

Considering the way Gerv and Walcott were wasting chances in the first half, I was screaming that they should be taken off. If you also consider that the pressure on DJ20 was quite high and Theo wasn't doing much to help.

I agree AW needs to trust his younger players. What's the point of having them in the squad if they are not going to be used?

Ive put this down as a bad day in the office sha, I simply don't understand our second half performance,

Not only younger players jare, Arsene can rightly be accused of favoritism. On current form based on stats, the number 1 contender for the 'Cesc' role is Benayoun yet he only gets to play after Ramsey and Rosicky. While I can understand the developmental reason for playing Ramsey, I can't understand why people like Rosicky still have to play when they've messed up things for so long. The player who plays that role has got to be getting in the double digits in terms of goals (a la Lampard, Gerrard when they were in form) and with lots of assists too like Cesc.

When whoever is in that role doesn't play well, Arsenal as a whole suffers. We solved the problem of pace on the wings and seemingly created another one by cutting off the supply link from MF.

Just look at this stats and try convince me why any of Ramsey and Rosicky deserves to be in the team ahead of Benayoun yet he is the last to ever be subbed in.
We have 'arguably' the best U21 player in the country in OX, yet Arsene refuses to play him no matter how much Theo messes up, even if it is 1 or 2 matches using the old injury or rest argument. In the meantime, the likes of Kyle Walker (who look up to Ox to sort things out for them in the U21s) are helping Tottenham cement a top 4 standing. undecided

PL                UCL                   CC                  Total
Tomas Rosicky        4+7      0       3+3       0                                7+10       0
Aaron Ramsey        18+1     1       4+2       1                              22+3         2
Yossi Benayoun       1+8      1       2+1       1           3       1          6+9         3

I take the good with the bad where Arsene is concerned but one shouldn't hide from the truth when its as clear as day.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 7:45am On Jan 03, 2012
One loss from a bad performance and see all the bile pouring forth. Hannie SALUTE!! Djourou played his heart out yesterday. What exactly was Squillaci's fault that people are bandying his name about now?

Na wa o. After weeks and weeks of shutting people up a few scummies come here and we are all agreeing with them how we were shyte?

Meanwhile does the opposition need a chainsaw before Arsenal gets a panalty?

We did not exactly play at our best in the second half. But were holding our own until the sending off.

On to the next one mehn.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 8:13am On Jan 03, 2012
Djorou could play his heart out, he just doesn't have it. I remember him making just one decent tackle yesterday, every other thing he did had clumsiness and mediocrity written all over. On one occasion, he tried to clear away the ball from a cross and he didn't even know where the ball was when it got to him. He is nothing short of an eyesore.
Squills fault is he came in and we conceded 2. Its not unheard of for a 10 man team to hold on to their lead or at least prevent conceding too many.
We coulda have won yesterday and we didn't and it pains me cos if the totts win their next game (i'm betting on them winning), they will be 9 points ahead of us. TOTTENHAM shocked
Hopefully we will shake this one off but JD doesn't have to play for Arsenal FC
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:02am On Jan 03, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 11:26am On Jan 03, 2012
Come on guys, our first loss in a while, with the injury list we have i don't think we've done badly in the end of year traffic. I feel the ref wasn't fair to us, we probably would have been two or three goals up if he had given that penalty. Sometimes one wonders if they deliberately officiate that way.

This year United will be visiting Chelsea, City & Arsenal. Also, City will be visiting us, same way Chelsea and Rottenham will be coming to take their share. I think this will be the better half of the season for us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ Slim

Squillaci was RUBBISH! If not for his bellyflop abi na triplejump stoopid header, Zamora would not have scored.

The side played 2 games in 48 hours with nearly the same personnel - they simply tired in the second half and I don't blame them for that. What I do blame them for is failing to take their chances in the first and Djourou committing stoopid tackles when they were not needed.

If Man City can draw and lose back to back with their big squad in this stretch, our loss isn't a big deal - it's the manner of the loss that hurt. We could've been 2-0 up if our penalty was given or if we took chances better.

All in all, we still had a good collection of points in this tough period.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrTA(m): 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
Quick question for you Arsenal fans. Dont shoot me please!

IS Alex Oxlade-C still at the club/injured or going on loan? From the little Ive seen of him he looks a real talent. Any reason why he's not playing at all?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Debo

That is why I blame Arsene for the loss and not the players. He is the one best to know the physical condition of the players. Why exactly do we have Ox in the squad if he can't fill in for Theo on a day like yesterday? if he is trusted enough to help us progress in a cup competition like the CC, why not when 3 points is at stake?  undecided
Coquelin has come in and acquited himself admirably in the LB position showing the kind of dedication you no longer see from people like Rosicky, perhaps we'd be better off subbing him in centrally atimes when hustle is needed rather than Rosicky.
IMO, JD has played himself back to some form in the RB position and with the kind of pressure we came under I wouldn't crucify even Squillaci for those goals we conceeded.
Arsene should blame himself for not managing the squad well during a time of fixture congestion. This was exactly the same way we played players like Nasri and Song into the ground last season and they came up short at the end of the season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Debo, squillaci will not be the first player to misdirect a header. Am I the only one that noticed Zamora was standing all alone when he scored?

See Dipo saying Djourou made only one decent tackle. With little or no defensive cover by Theo, he put in an awesome shift. The away fans clapped him off the pitch.

Anyways I'll jus say we are used to winning so its looking worse than it is.

Again on to the next one.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
For playing like a bunch of asses. Here is A$$ by Big Sean

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1VGytzXus[/flash]

And i heard from a birdie that Walcott is demanding for 85k i laugh in Fuel Subsidy. Gervinho and Walcott are fast becoming a disgrace to the wingers we have had at Arsenal FC
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
slimshay:

@Debo, squillaci will not be the first player to misdirect a header. Am I the only one that noticed Zamora was standing all alone when he scored?

He was free because he made an intelligent run and Coquelin who was playing RB was probably knackered or not aware enough - can't blame him because he isn't a natural defender.

However, if Squillaci cleared the ball instead of heading it into his own 6 yard box, there would be no goal. For a CB to head the ball that badly is unacceptable - he was fresh, should've had his wits about him but couldn't clear a simple ball into the box. Not saying he was the first or anything, but he passed the ball to Zamora for that goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
Djorou had no cover. But how much cover did Coq have? None. Yet Coq was outstanding. I honestly can't cut Djorou any slack cos he isn't worth it. If the Fulham fans clapped him off the pitch when he was red-carded, its cos they were happy the chance of their team scoring is increased as arsenal is reduced to 10 men.
Wenger should dispose off useless mediocres like Djorou who are neither good going forward nor defending
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 6:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
Dipo Fulham fans are not away fans wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
dipo+:

Djorou had no cover. But how much cover did Coq have? None. Yet Coq was outstanding.

I agree with the bolded, but Djourou actually did have cover. Walcott provided cover till he went off. We can argue that his removal exposed him more but there's no excuse. Besides, the first yellow had nothing to do with cover - Djourou simply made a daft tackle when he didn't even need to - Dembele was ahead of him, he didn't have anywhere to run to but Johan still dived in.

In the end we lost a game after going down to 10 men, playing two games in a 48 hour period  and being away from home. There are many worse ways to lose a game.

Let's move on. If anything it's the best time to have a defender suspended - all he misses is the FA Cup game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by gongoaso1: 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
coogar:

[img]http://h9.abload.de/img/wenger-guitarqay2m.gif[/img]

happy days!

#dead grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
^^
This is MADT grin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
duduspace:

I totally disagree Monsignor, for once I'm laying this at Arsene's feet. If we were squarely beaten I wld say so. If a team loses a game in which it should have been at least 3 nil up in the dying minute then the manager needs to reexamine himself on the day.
Arsene can now be accused of rewarding mediocrity. When he didn't have the players, I could understand but not now. The likes of Rosicky should no longer be playing for Arsenal and guys like Ramsey and Theo should be seeing more bench time while players like Benayoun And OX should play more? Just check out the stats. We basically repeated the Wolves game all over again only this time, we saw it to a final conclusion and lost. Wrong subs and lack of efficiency when on top pure and simple. Fulham were NOT better than us on the day.

Strangely enof I can't even blame JD and Squillaci today, we shouldn't even have been in such a situation in the first place with our first half domination and the less said of the subs the better. Arsene should know by now that he needs one of Theo or Gerv on the pitch when against a PL team.

Did dudu say this? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

As in criticising Wenger?? wow,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
biolabee:

Did dudu say this? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

As in criticising Wenger?? wow,

I disagree with Arsene a lot of times o, on player choice and tactics? YES on the overall management and direction of the club? I wouldn't dare and would be more than a bit silly to attempt such. Unfortunately, most people can't tell the difference.  wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mobf: 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
angry

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
mr dudu how far subsidy removal don affect my discretionary funds for AFS

but seriously with Usmanov and Silent Stan are there still any things to buy,

On Arsenal, this team has over performed and the peak is being reached
we need fresh impetus to push through,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
A-40:

And i heard from a birdie that Walcott is demanding for 85k i laugh in Fuel Subsidy. Gervinho and Walcott are fast becoming a disgrace to the wingers we have had at Arsenal FC

Is this A40 criticizing Walcott or am I the only one seeing things?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
TBH, I think Gerv has been a bit of a disappointment. While some may argue that its still his first season in an entirely new league, I think he should have acclimated to Wengerball being a fast and skillful winger. I hope he eventually lives up to expectation but anything short of 12 league goals from him will be unacceptable IMO, so far he has found d net only 4 times and we are half way the season already. Even piss poor Asharvin would return a better goal per game ratio. He better improve his in-box play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
^^

Gervinho has done OK - how many goals has Downing assisted or scored for Liverpool despite his EPL pedigree and £18m transfer fee? How many wingers have produced as much as he has? The boy is still a diamond in the rough - we expect more from him, but he's been very good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
debosky:

^^

Gervinho has done OK - how many goals has Downing assisted or scored for Liverpool despite his EPL pedigree and £18m transfer fee? How many wingers have produced as much as he has? The boy is still a diamond in the rough - we expect more from him, but he's been very good.
Sire, u know we shouldn't be using other team's buys to access ours, and even of we did it should be any other team but liverpool. I could agree Gerv has done OK,  but that he's been very good? Maybe not. Don't you honestly think Santos wouldnt've scored 4 if he played as winger in 20 games?

By the way, why is Wenger not interested in Ba? Nucca is a 15-goals@least-a-season personality and may want to join a club like ours
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 12:11am On Jan 05, 2012
I wasn't too impressed when I first saw clips on Gerv bfo he joined us but after watching his first few games for Arsenal, I fell for the way he moves around the opponents area. He has a knack for getting into dangerous positions. I like the fact that he can play on both sides of the field.
Its his finishing he needs to improve on. I expect him to improve in this area.

I also think that he sometimes has problems with not knowing who to pass to. On monday, there were several opportunities to pass the ball to Coquelin who had overlapped ahead of him but he just didn't pass the ball.

I totally disagree Monsignor, for once I'm laying this at Arsene's feet. If we were squarely beaten I wld say so. If a team loses a game in which it should have been at least 3 nil up in the dying minute then the manager needs to reexamine himself on the day.
Arsene can now be accused of rewarding mediocrity. When he didn't have the players, I could understand but not now. The likes of Rosicky should no longer be playing for Arsenal and guys like Ramsey and Theo should be seeing more bench time while players like Benayoun And OX should play more? Just check out the stats. We basically repeated the Wolves game all over again only this time, we saw it to a final conclusion and lost. Wrong subs and lack of efficiency when on top pure and simple. Fulham were NOT better than us on the day.

duduspace:

I disagree with Arsene a lot of times o, on player choice and tactics? YES on the overall management and direction of the club? I wouldn't dare and would be more than a bit silly to attempt such. Unfortunately, most people can't tell the difference.  wink

How u go dey talk two opposite things at the same time? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 12:11am On Jan 05, 2012
At least ManU fans will stay on their thread till weekend
#occupymanunitedthread
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Dgunnerz(m): 12:24am On Jan 05, 2012
WEekend?
Man-Shitty is next for them oooooo!

I sorry sorry for them sha!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.