Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,456 members, 7,839,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2342579 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (3536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 6:18am On Jan 05, 2012
dipo+:

TBH, I think Gerv has been a bit of a disappointment. While some may argue that its still his first season in an entirely new league, I think he should have acclimated to Wengerball being a fast and skillful winger.  I hope he eventually lives up to expectation but anything short of 12 league  goals from him will be unacceptable IMO, so far he has found d net only 4 times and we are half way the season already.  Even piss poor Asharvin would return a better goal per game ratio. He better improve his in-box play

Oga Dipo, Gervinho is a player that frustrates but he is a player you always want in your team. He has everything to scare defences and despite all the chances he wastes, his stats are still pretty impressive. He can definitely go up a notch if he takes a bit of over exhuberance out of his game. I believe he will get there cos he was quite prolific in his last season at Lille.

proudly9ja:

I also think that he sometimes has problems with not knowing who to pass to. On monday, there were several opportunities to pass the ball to Coquelin who had overlapped ahead of him but he just didn't pass the ball.

Some people here dey watch ball true true.

proudly9ja:

How u go dey talk two opposite things at the same time?  grin grin
Consider it a slip of finger.  cheesy

biolabee:

mr dudu how far subsidy removal don affect my discretionary funds for AFS

but seriously with Usmanov and Silent Stan are there still any things to buy,

On Arsenal, this team has over performed and the peak is being reached
we need fresh impetus to push through,

The thing tire me o, and Jona is playing with fire.

We stand on the brink my bro, We now have money and I expect to see some investment in the summer particularly in the forward areas. I think Arsene still wants to try out both Jack and Aaron in the Cesc role to see who stamps his authority on that position coupled with the probable none availability of his target(s) in january. If neither of them grabs it, I fully expect one of Hazard, Shakiri, Eriksen or Gotze to come in the summer(no matter the price) as we are definitely lacking something in the final third. Ramsey takes too many touches for my liking but we must not forget this is in essence his first full season in the top flight.

Our defence has tightened up and if I'm not mistaken, bar that 8-2 mauling, we've had one of the top 3 defences in the league so far as even the likes of Djorou have been relatively dependable squad players this season all things considered. If we solve the problem of the Cesc role, get another prolific striker (say Podolski who seems to want to wind down his contract) and keep RVP, my bullish Arsenal attitude will return. For now, I see nothing that suggests an intention to win the PL and I think we largely gave up on that after our disastrous start.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:50am On Jan 05, 2012
^^^
I think the team is taking it match by match which makes sense as we are really dependent on whatever happens to the teams above us. Good thing is, bar Spurs and City, the guys up there are also very unstable. Hopefully, SAF will remain stubborn and not bring in reinforcements in January and his players continue to get injured/red carded.

For us, Sagna, Jack, Santos, Gibbs, TV5 should all be back soon. I agree weve really improved defensively. I think what we lack is creativity in midfield. Hopefully, the return of Jack will change that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 12:28am On Jan 06, 2012
Na wah ooo, so neither Park nor Ox Chambo could score against Sunderland reserves.  undecided undecided .

proudly9ja:

^^^
I think the team is taking it match by match which makes sense as we are really dependent on whatever happens to the teams above us. Good thing is, bar Spurs and City, the guys up there are also very unstable. Hopefully, SAF will remain stubborn and not bring in reinforcements in January and his players continue to get injured/red carded.
See bad prayer, lol. E nor good  o o o o  cheesy grin

Apart from Henry's impending return, is there any indication we might be signing anyone else this window?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:02am On Jan 06, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Na wah ooo, so neither Park nor Ox Chambo could score against Sunderland reserves.  undecided undecided

And hell boy will be screaming as if Chambo scores hattricks everytime he takes to the pitch. cheesy

It aint as easy as it looks folks. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hannie: 3:33am On Jan 06, 2012
duduspace:

Oga Dipo, Gervinho is a player that frustrates but he is a player you always want in your team. He has everything to scare defences and despite all the chances he wastes, his stats are still pretty impressive. He can definitely go up a notch if he takes a bit of over exhuberance out of his game. I believe he will get there cos he was quite prolific in his last season at Lille.

Some people here dey watch ball true true.
Consider it a slip of finger.  cheesy

The thing tire me o, and Jona is playing with fire.

We stand on the brink my bro, We now have money and I expect to see some investment in the summer particularly in the forward areas. I think Arsene still wants to try out both Jack and Aaron in the Cesc role to see who stamps his authority on that position coupled with the probable none availability of his target(s) in january. If neither of them grabs it, I fully expect one of Hazard, Shakiri, Eriksen or Gotze to come in the summer(no matter the price) as we are definitely lacking something in the final third. Ramsey takes too many touches for my liking but we must not forget this is in essence his first full season in the top flight.

Our defence has tightened up and if I'm not mistaken, bar that 8-2 mauling, we've had one of the top 3 defences in the league so far as even the likes of Djorou have been relatively dependable squad players this season all things considered. If we solve the problem of the Cesc role, get another prolific striker (say Podolski who seems to want to wind down his contract) and keep RVP, my bullish Arsenal attitude will return. For now, I see nothing that suggests an intention to win the PL and I think we largely gave up on that after our disastrous start.

Podolski ko . . .Popoola ni!!!

una wan bring another dud club player come abi?

we never resolve Chamakh issue, u wan bring player that almost seems to get it right ONLY when playing for Germany?

Then again, u still feel Jack hasnt stamped his authority on that position? abegi talk something else!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 4:47am On Jan 06, 2012
hannie:

Podolski ko . . .Popoola ni!!!

una wan bring another dud club player come abi?

we never resolve Chamakh issue, u wan bring player that almost seems to get it right ONLY when playing for Germany?

Then again, u still feel Jack hasnt stamped his authority on that position? abegi talk something else!

Doki, I felt the same way about Podolski until I checked his recent stats. Take a look at them again and yu'll have a change of mind. I think his misadventure at Bayern did him little favour. He is currently only 2 goals behind Gomez and he always delivers for Germany.

I'm banking on Wilshere to stamp his authority on the Cesc role but I'm not taking it for granted. He excelled in a deeper role last season and the likes of Gotze already have a headstart in delivering at that role. His figures have to improve dramatically.

debosky:

And hell boy will be screaming as if Chambo scores hattricks everytime he takes to the pitch. cheesy

It aint as easy as it looks folks. grin

How many goals sef did Theo himself score playing for Reserves?  grin tongue
This is about the time of the year when the reserve results nosedive with the annual emigration out on loan and I think the main man for the reserves MF this season has been Ozyakup who didn't play in that match preparatory to a loan move while Aneke and Freeman are already on loan to Stevenage.

When you have Rhys Murphy playing the AM role, then one shouldnt expect much. Reports suggest Ox had to move central in the 2nd half and he was acclaimed the best attacking player for Arsenal during the match, only Sunderland defended very deep having done the damage in the first half.

For what its worth though, no one is saying to chuck Theo out for him but the boy does deserve a chance on the strength of what he's shown so far.
Anyone who thinks he'll be an instant messiah is however in dire need of some expectation adjustment.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
Loyikaaaa come out!!!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2012
me nor like this new 'biabia' oh angry grin he kon resemble kanoute
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
all of you calling Sagna ugly, see how sexcii he is kiss
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2012
dudu, by AFS that is fan share o,

Q: What is up with Park/OX?

Q: why did we sell J Simpson
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2012
mukina2:

all of you calling Sagna ugly, see how sexcii he is kiss

Money good cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 2:14am On Jan 07, 2012
RVP returned from injury around this period in 2011, what a year it turned out to be ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hannie: 2:38am On Jan 07, 2012
Majority of these footballers do use bleaching/lightening cream . . .

Henry wasnt as light as he was when he first came to England, couple of years later he got as close to looking like Lampard grin

all of a sudden a certain Sagna who wasnt as handsome as Taiye Taiwo now looks like a Denzel Washington to Mukina . . .

God dey! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 2:39am On Jan 07, 2012
edoyad:

RVP returned from injury around this period in 2011, what a year it turned out to be ?

Hope he can repeat or even better that feat this year.

I think he came back late December, he was there in the demolition of Chelsea and scored against Birmingham on New Year's day.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 3:48am On Jan 07, 2012
ritchboy:

Money good cheesy
haters gon hate grin tongue

hannie:

Majority of these footballers do use bleaching/lightening cream . . .

Henry wasnt as light as he was when he first came to England, couple of years later he got as close to looking like Lampard grin

all of a sudden a certain Sagna who wasnt as handsome as Taiye Taiwo now looks like a Denzel Washington to Mukina . . .

God dey! grin
grin grin grin grin you have to admit though, Sagna looks much better than before grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2012
biolabee:

dudu,  by AFS that is fan share o,

I know naa, nor worry 20 pound per year shouldn't be too much for millionaire like you no matter what Uncle Jona unleashes on poor Nigerians  tongue
With that, it will take you approx 50 years to pay for a full share at the current price.  wink lets hope Goodluck smiles on us all.

Q: What is up with Park/OX?
Park and Ox will be unleashed in 2012 according to Arsene but with the way its going, I'm prayin we see 2 weeks of Park before he goes for NYSC or chucked out whichever comes first.  grin grin
I'm beginning to see a trend with these hijacked signings like Silvestre, someone needs to dissuade Arsene from awoof signings that cause bad belle with other clubs. Ox should be fine, he has time on his side and I think he has too much talent, dedication and family backing not to make it. More importantly, there was no bad belle involved in his signing.

Q: why did we sell J Simpson
Long Answer: There were too many players ahead of him and he would be wasting his time for all the stars to align for him to play for Arsenal when he could be getting valuable game time elsewhere.
Short Answer: He wasn't good enough.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2012
The person who actually needs TH14's guidance the most is going to the ANC. A front 3 of RVP, Henry and Gervinho would be a sight in the PL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2012
I suspect we'll revert to 4-4-2 whenever we play Henry. I don't think Henry has the strength to play any of the wing positions and Wenger has made it clear that RVP will be the top man.

We'l find out on Monday
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
Smile is the best dress to wear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
abi wetin man go do na,

we need to see this Pak before he goes for military service and FA Cup will be ideal, low stakes
We need the OX man, at least lets know where he stands in the team
Is he Theo's replacement or just a flash in the pan

I liked J Simpson and felt he had the physicality remember the 4-0 win against Wigan in the Carling Cup 08

On AFS I have been having issues with shareview, logging in any ideas?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
biolabee:

abi wetin man go do na,

we need to see this Pak before he goes for military service and FA Cup will be ideal,  low stakes
We need the OX man,  at least lets know where he stands in the team
Is he Theo's replacement or just a flash in the pan

I liked J Simpson and felt he had the physicality remember the 4-0 win against Wigan in the Carling Cup 08

On AFS I have been having issues with shareview,  logging in any ideas?

There isn't much to get nostalgic about Jay Simpson, he can become a good box player but not much more. The technical level required at Arsenal is unfortunately beyond him. To even think of leading the line for Arsenal where players with as much experience and undoubted ability as Chamakh have cracked is a bridge too far. He doesn't even come close to the likes of Vela who are still struggling.

Ox will be brilliant, I don't know why Arsene is holding him back personally but with what happened with JET, I'll trust his judgement even though I'm currently struggling to understand it.

I had a problem with my Shareview login initially and had to request a new PIN they have to physically post it to you  I recall so you might need to ensure your address is in order if you've moved recently. If you'll need to call them, check the mail you originally received from them for a contact telephone number. I logged into my account today to see if they've done any buying recently and I got through fine. Remember to check your password first before stressing yourself unnecessarily.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by allboyz(m): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2012
Lukas podolski is the "stronger"and aggressive version of RvP. . .

He will do us more good than harm if we sign him. . .its a give_away i must say!!

when Jack comes back. . . .i will like to see Song as the DM, Wilshere as teh Mobiles DM and Mikel Arteta as the "Cesc" Rambo did well, but should be back to the bench. . .he caresses teh ball way too much and lack proper final ball touches. . .he's trying to impress instead of playing his normal game and he's often shrug off the ball way to easy.

All of Song, Jack and Mikel are sturbon and can defend as well. . .

Cant just wait!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by allboyz(m): 11:43am On Jan 08, 2012
and don't forget that Arteta isn't afraid to shoot and his shot are always goal-range unlike Rambo - aiming his enemies at Row-Z!! grin grin grin

Hey, C'mon lets have leeds!! nuf talk!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by allboyz(m): 11:45am On Jan 08, 2012
and besides i thought the Transfer window has opened? no ?

what's SQ18 still doing? Almunia? no clubs interested?

PHOOCK!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2012
thanks dudu,

sad abt Jay S

Fergie refs back at it, sending off one man
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2012
biolabee:

thanks dudu,

sad abt Jay S

Fergie refs back at it, sending off one man

Fergie is a natural treasure. When he needs dodgy calls, the men in the middle never disappoint.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2012
It wouldn't have mattered to me if the Ref kicked the ball into City's net himself if I hadn't done a deal with the bookies that City would win. Odds were at 2/1 that City would win and i saw it as a good bet sad
Phuckful refereeing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by blakcherry(f): 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2012
So we have drawn Aston Villa @ home in the next FA Cup round.
Liverpool v Man Utd next round at KLANsfield loool u couldnt make this up!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Myself2(m): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2012
^^
Blackberry hi ya wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by blakcherry(f): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
^
hello
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
Not a bad draw but we need to beat Leeds tomorrow first. We shouldn't take Leeds for granted.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:56am On Jan 09, 2012
I don't know how they'll raise the funds but management has to start greasing the right palms. Imagine if we had some of those decisions go our way in both Fulham games, that's the obvious way to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (3536) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.