Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,150 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:16 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2362103 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3537) (3538) (3539) (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) ... (3550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 9:34am On May 26
Sportsweb:
Football is cruel and at the end of the day, you have to drop your trophy on the table.

Man United: Finished last in UCL, disgraced EPL

Finished 8th with -1 GD

Lost 14 matches in the league

Their Goalkeeper conceded almost 90 goals

End of the season - 1 FA Cup

Arsenal Golden Generation, with the best defence and Golden Glove Winning GK finished the season trophyless.

Football is cruel

Are you saying it is a golden generation of trophylessness?? grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:09am On May 26
🚨BREAKING: Arsenal have had a £20million bid rejected by Fenerbahce for 24-year-old Ferdi Kadioglu.

According to Turkish outlet Milliyet, The Gunners are expected to return with an improved offer of £20million plus £5million in bonuses, totaling £25million.

Kadioglu, under contract with Fenerbahce until 2026, is keen on the move.

Appearances by position so far in his career:
Left back - 65 games played
Attacking midfield - 56 games played
Right winger - 44 games played
Right back - 37 games played
Left winger - 23 games played
Left midfield - 19 games played
Right midfield - 19 games played
Centre midfield - 15 games played
Striker - 1 game played

Mikel Arteta is a sucker for versatility.

I don’t know how true this is , but which kind player be this ?😂

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 10:21am On May 26
BlueRayDick:

Na so I see am, Laugh wan kill me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:28am On May 26
grin

The guy go still later keep for post sef . Ahn ahn!

This is the real jack of all trades.

germaphobe:

Na so I see am, Laugh wan kill me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 10:31am On May 26
BlueRayDick:
grin

The guy go still later keep for post sef . Ahn ahn!

This is the real jack of all trades.
grin grin he fit even turn coaching crew while still playing. Player-coach like Kompany in Anderlecht grin grin na that kind utility player dey sweet Teta

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 10:32am On May 26
Una Goodmorning o wink smiley

Greetings from this side grin

We are still in jubilant mood - kinda hungover sef

Make Una bear with us Biko smiley

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:37am On May 26
BlueRayDick:

This na the definition of Jackie of all positions master of none grin grin I don’t trust players like this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sportsweb: 12:04pm On May 26
AdisaOwala:

Are you saying it is a golden generation of trophylessness?? grin cheesy
Na you talk am boss. But We Try Again Next Season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:05pm On May 26
Shegzdave:

This na the definition of Jackie of all positions master of none grin grin I don’t trust players like this

Even me, I don’t trust those kind of players cos I remember that was how were told Chambers can play RCB, LCB, DM, CM and RB . Unfortunately I can’t point to one of those positions he was exceptional at.

But then again, if it is Arteta that wants him then he certainly has a need for him and will put him to good use .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 12:24pm On May 26
BlueRayDick:

Even me, I don’t trust those kind of players cos I remember that was how were told Chambers can play RCB, LCB, DM, CM and RB . Unfortunately I can’t point to one of those positions he was exceptional at.

But then again, if it is Arteta that wants him then he certainly has a need for him and will put him to good use .
😂😂
The only reason why I’ll give him a benefit of doubt is cause of Arteta
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 1:39pm On May 26
The rumour about the guy is not strong,I don't think we really want him but let's keep watching shaa.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:11pm On May 26
germaphobe:
The rumour about the guy is not strong,I don't think we really want him but let's keep watching shaa.
I think it's strong. I've been hearing the rumor for the past one month now. Not surprised arsenal made a bid for him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:12pm On May 26
BlueRayDick:

Lol, immediately I saw that stats when I read it, I just laugh.

Even Jack wey do all trades no reach this one cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:13pm On May 26
Guys what's your pick??

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:21pm On May 26
Jodera:
Guys what's your pick??
Team 1. Quite balanced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:29pm On May 26
With up to 7 players leaving
Not All will be replaced
The internal plan is to promote from the Hale End .
#arsenalfanaticsnews
Who can guess the outgoings and those to be promoted.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:29pm On May 26
Jodera:
Guys what's your pick??

I will go with team 2.

They are defensively solid with Partey and Saliba ; then u have a fully fit Simith-Rowe partnering with Nketiah upfront.

They may not score much , but they will contain any other team on the list and score couple of goals to carry the day
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 2:30pm On May 26
Jodera:
Guys what's your pick??

Dem pack everything put for ream A. Ojoro AI
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:33pm On May 26
germaphobe:

Dem pack everything put for ream A. Ojoro AI

grin cheesy grin
The thing weak me oo

But I know some people who chose Team 4 sha cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:34pm On May 26
BlueRayDick:

I will go with team 2.

They are defensively solid with Partey and Saliba ; then u have a fully fit Simith-Rowe partnering with Nketiah upfront.

They may not score much , but they will contain any other team on the list and score couple of goals to carry the day
True sha. For a 5-aside, Saliba and Partey fit lock place down while Smith Rowe will do the carrying
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 2:35pm On May 26
Jodera:
grin cheesy grin
The thing weak me oo

Team 4 and 2 can compete, team 3 mba!!...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:36pm On May 26
mostob:
With up to 7 players leaving

Not All will be replaced

The internal plan is to promote from the Hale End .

#arsenalfanaticsnews

Who can guess the outgoings and those to be promoted.
Lokonga
Tavarez
Tierney
Cedric*
Partey
Nelson
Nketiah
Ramsdale.
Elneny*

ESR

Ahh, e even pass 7. Hopefully, ESR fit no dey undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:37pm On May 26
germaphobe:
Team 4 and 2 can compete, team 3 mba!!...
Lmaooo...
Team 3 na the weakest of the weakest.

Ai no try for dem at all cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:26pm On May 26
Jodera:

True sha. For a 5-aside, Saliba and Partey fit lock place down while Smith Rowe will do the carrying

Team 1 has a deficiency in the sense that they have so many attackers and just 1 defender . And Ben white even though a good defender , he can’t do a 2-man work .

This reminded me of when I was in primary 5 in a decent private school . Most of our teachers then were Ghanians and they always push us to get the best out of us .

Our class teacher then decided he was going to start a weekly quiz where they will ask questions bothering on current affairs , capital of countries all over the world , history , little bit of science and calculations . They formed like 5 groups and named each group according to a color like orange , purple , blue, green , and white .

Papers were rolled and each class member picked one to decide which group he will fall under . They didn’t want a situation where it will seem like they kept all intelligent people on one side and people struggling on the other . I fell ended up in the purple group and most of the people that are usually known for their academic prowess did too.

But the funny thing is we only won the weekly quiz twice , subsequent ones were won by other groups . The fact that we had so many brilliant students in our group was even a disadvantage because one of the rules to the quiz is that u only have one shot at the answer as a group ,once a member of ur group attempts and miss the answer ; the next group can attempt it and get a bonus mark for it. Our group was always not organized , almost all group members were too overconfident and once we just give a wrong answer out of overconfidence the next group takes it as bonus point . Then I usually don’t like jumping to answer questions even if I know the answer , those who are too forward in my group will just bungle our chances . They only consult me when they don’t have an idea of the answer at all.

That period taught me a great lesson in life that a team may look good on paper but if they are not well balanced they may not achieve anything at all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:30pm On May 26
Jodera:
grin cheesy grin
The thing weak me oo

You know I debated between 1 and 4 before picking 1 sha? 4 is more balanced but 1 carry more threat.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:33pm On May 26
Jodera:

Lokonga
Tavarez
Tierney
Cedric*
Partey
Nelson
Nketiah
Ramsdale.
Elneny*

ESR

Ahh, e even pass 7. Hopefully, ESR fit no dey undecided
I think you have mentioned them all. Injury is the only thing affecting ESR TBH. I still remember Arteta vehemently stating he is going nowhere last year.

Nwaneri, Lewis and maybe Duberry to be promoted.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:36pm On May 26
BlueRayDick:

Team 1 has a deficiency in the sense that they have so many attackers and just 1 defender . And Ben white even though a good defender , he can’t do a 2-man work .

This reminded me of when I was in primary 5 in a decent private school . Most of our teachers then were Ghanians and they always push us to get the best out of us .

Our class teacher then decided he was going to start a weekly quiz where they will ask questions bothering on current affairs , capital of countries all over the world , history , little bit of science and calculations . They formed like 5 groups and named each group according to a color like orange , purple , blue, green , and white .

Papers were rolled and each class member picked one to decide which group he will fall under . They didn’t want a situation where it will seem like they kept all intelligent people on one side and people struggling on the other . I fell ended up in the purple group and most of the people that are usually known for their academic prowess did too.

But the funny thing is we only won the weekly quiz twice , subsequent ones were won by other groups . The fact that we had so many brilliant students in our group was even a disadvantage because one of the rules to the quiz is that u only have one shot at the answer as a group ,once a member of ur group attempts and miss the answer ; the next group can attempt it and get a bonus mark for it. Our group was always not organized , almost all group members were too overconfident and once we just give a wrong answer out of overconfidence the next group takes it as bonus point . Then I usually don’t like jumping to answer questions even if I know the answer , those who are too forward in my group will just bungle our chances . They only consult me when they don’t have an idea of the answer at all.

That period thought me a great lesson in life that a team may look good on paper but if they are not well balanced they may not achieve anything at all.
Shall we rise and give Professor Blueraydick a round of applause. grin

You're quite right. Too many cooks can spoil the broth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:46pm On May 26
87' Jurien cut in and lay off the ball for Quinten who release an absolute cracker from the edge of the box. And it is a goal!.

Peter Drury: What a worldie! A goal made in Timberland!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:49pm On May 26
BlueRayDick:

That period thought me a great lesson in life that a team may look good on paper but if they are not well balanced they may not achieve anything at all.
Lol .. nice one.
Thanks for sharing boss

Truly balance is key in every aspect of life. I remember Madrid galaticos then. So so star players but not balance.

I remember when they sold Makelele to buy Beckham. Raul or Zidane said something like it feels they're buying Ferrari while selling its engine. Then I was very very young and I wonder why Madrid is always failing in UCL even with all their star players (then na only UCL I deh watch and not la Liga). Growing up and watching football frequently, I realized it was really balance.

Balance is key as you aptly put
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:54pm On May 26
mostob:
You know I debated between 1 and 4 before picking 1 sha? 4 is more balanced but 1 carry more threat.
Lol..
I would have chosen 4 but Jorginho and rice and Kiwi just made me not to.

Kiwi is not that kinda strong CB (my opinion sha), so he might needs helping hands.

That's where Rice supposed to come in but Jorginho is not Really a ball Carrier to link to Trossard. And I don't think he would really stand in for Rice in helping Kiwi effectively.

Moreover, I no even know that keeper sef grin

So all these reasons just made me ditch team 4. If Tomi was in for Kiwi, I would have considered it very very well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:56pm On May 26
mostob:
I think you have mentioned them all. Injury is the only thing affecting ESR TBH. I still remember Arteta vehemently stating he is going nowhere last year.

Nwaneri, Lewis and maybe Duberry to be promoted.
For these three, person wey I dey even look forward to sef na duberry.

I don watch the boys game and I'm seeing Saka in him too much. His movements, his decision making, his usage of left and right.

Na just him dey look forward to honestly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:16pm On May 26
Jodera:

Lol..
I would have chosen 4 but Jorginho and rice and Kiwi just made me not to.

Kiwi is not that kinda strong CB (my opinion sha), so he might needs helping hands.

That's where Rice supposed to come in but Jorginho is not Really a ball Carrier to link to Trossard. And I don't think he would really stand in for Rice in helping Kiwi effectively.

Moreover, I no even know that keeper sef grin

So all these reasons just made me ditch team 4. If Tomi was in for Kiwi, I would have considered it very very well
Gbam! You just summarized everything I considered too. Team 2 is too defensive and there is no natural ball carrier in that team. Team 3 na hin worst pass. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3537) (3538) (3539) (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) ... (3550) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.