Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2313024 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) (2283) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Xhaka just signed 4 years extension, something is definitely wrong somewhere
We keep making the wrong choices day by day
hahahahaha

I don wash my hand comot from arteta matter tey tey

I'm patiently waiting for lukaku and debryunè to do the lords work before he makes another bad decision that will affect us in the long run.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
BlueRayDick:

koscienly and Matersacker were never as poor as Mustafi....... Except u are willing to show us instances where both made terrible decisions week-in week-out like Mustafi did.

The point about defence vs Attack has been well made, but trying to smuggle mustafi's name in between Koscienly and the Big 4cking German will not be tolerated grin
No one is saying mustafi was better
We said those 2 ain't the best but they got the job done cos of good midfield pair(carzola and coquelin)
We also said if you put prime maldini and baresi in this present arsenal team they will drink goals like kunu.
So where is the defence win you league
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
kodded:
hahahahaha

I don wash my hand comot from arteta matter tey tey

I'm patiently waiting for lukaku and debryunè to do the lords work before he makes another bad decision that will affect us in the long run.
Bros e day do me like testing JuJu potency on Arteta
Make I nack am chop grass angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
iamoyindamola:

No one is saying mustafi was better
We said those 2 ain't the best but they got the job done cos of good midfield pair(carzola and coquelin)
We also said if you put prime maldini and baresi in this present arsenal team they will drink goals like kunu.
I'm just imagining Kos and Mertsacker in this our present team. Na insult we go dey insult mertesacker esp 24/7.

See as Mari dey receive insult now, I bet he wouldn't be bad like this when arsenal had coq, Caz and ozil in midfield, while attack of Sanchez Walcott and giroud.

This present arsenal na shirime

NB... Sczeneny won golden glove with koscienly and Mertesacker as our 2 major cb.
But we know the main departments that ensured that to happen grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2021
iamoyindamola:

[No one is saying mustafi was better

This is all I want to hear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2021
Jodera:
I'm just imagining Kos and Mertsacker in this our present team. Na insult we go dey insult mertesacker esp 24/7.

See as Mari dey receive insult now, I bet he wouldn't be bad like this when arsenal had coq, Caz and ozil in midfield, while attack of Sanchez Walcott and giroud.

NB... Sczeneny won golden glove with koscienly and Mertesacker as our 2 major cb.
That is exactly what we are explaining to these guys, no matter how good your defense is if xhaka and our useless midfielders are the one just forget it.
If sczeny can win golden glove with slow mertasacker and brain fart koscieny that shows the midfield did great work
If we buy defender from now till forever thinking defense win you league, the only league we will win is choping goals league
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2021
Jodera:

Mertasacker had Coquelin doing dirty job for him in midfield, Carzola controlling the midfield and attack, Sanchez pinning the entire opposition back, Ramsey always running and arriving at opposition box to score alongside Oxlade running endlessly with power and pace... Don't forget Iwobi and Welbeck coming from bench to press and physically disturb defenders.

Mertasacka was basically winning aireal duels and using his long legs to intercept and clearing the balls.

Arsenal was not winning the league, but was far up and competitive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2021
Jodera:

This is why Mustafi should not be mentioned along with Koscienly or BFG. Dem no be mate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2021
Roland17:

I am happy your eyes haf opened grin grin

lol. grin

I think you misunderstood me.

I never supported hiring Arteta in the 1st place. I think I wrote that earlier. I believed and still believe he is too inexperience for a big club like Arsenal. Arsenal should not be a learning ground for an unproven coach, other small football teams should be used for that. I would never put my big business portfolio in the hand of a novice no matter how convincing he/she sounds. I have lived on earth enough to know that experience counts! I think I was the most disappointed Arsenal fan when Arteta was hired.

That said, I also believe anyone finally hired should be encouraged and supported to succeed. And I will never support a player who belittles, disrespect and disobeys his manager. For Arteta to succeed with whatever little knowledge he has, his players need to obey and respect him. If Arteta fails, let it not be on the ground of players' rebellion, but let it be wholly on his failed tactics and inexperience.

As for Conte, I know it's only a dream for now... I just like the dream because someone like him should have been hired in the 1st place. But I doubt if Conte will be able to work with the present Arsenal board. The problem of Arsenal is not just Arteta, if Arsenal will have genuine and long lasting change, the current owner and the board will need to go or have a new orientation. But you and I know that is a tall order for now.

So if Arteta is all we got for now, I will say, let's support him and give him few more matches to prove himself... (I said this because if he can go back to the 2nd half of last season's momentum, we will end in top 6 or even top 4.) For the love of Arsenal, I will hate that we keep losing. But if after 3 more matches we remain at the bottom, we know that he has to go before we end up outside Europe consideration for next season again.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2021
iamoyindamola:

That is exactly what we are explaining to these guys, no matter how good your defense is if xhaka and our useless midfielders are the one just forget it.
If sczeny can win golden glove with slow mertasacker and brain fart koscieny that shows the midfield did great work
If we buy defender from now till forever thinking defense win you league, the only league we will win is choping goals league
Lol... I tell you.
Even Sczeneny was another inconsistent keeper.
I just brought up all these stuff cos of the way people are saying Mari isn't good and all that. And I'm seeing Mari as another version of Mertesacker who thrived here well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Mertasacker had Coquelin doing dirty job for him in midfield, Carzola controlling the midfield and attack, Sanchez pinning the entire opposition back, Ramsey always running and arriving at opposition box to score alongside Oxlade running endlessly with power and pace... Don't forget Iwobi and Welbeck coming from bench to press and physically disturb defenders.

Mertasacka was basically winning aireal duels and using his long legs to intercept and clearing the balls.

Exactly.. Mertesacker was just doing the basics but the midfield and attack we had then will make sure we possess and hold the ball while still having bite in attack. When playing all these average to small teams, how many shots do we receive per game?. But now even teams that are in championship will be nacking us shots anyhow and we'll all think that won't expose our defence weaknesses?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
BlueRayDick:

This is why Mustafi should not be mentioned along with Koscienly or BFG. Dem no be mate
Lol... Maybe he went overboard saying 2 mustafis, but at least you get his point grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
Spy360:

If it is not about winning the league, then this argument is dead on arrival.

Defense wins you league' . Take that home.

Fkhalifa:

You should know the "defense wins you the league" quote is just a cruise.
The koko be say, strong attack with an average/weak defense can take you far.

It is about time we all rest from this argument cos IMO,both sides are wrong.
Neither just good defense or good attack will win you either matches or league.... You need a complete good team to win matches and league. Otherwise you might win small or weaker teams but when you meet a complete balanced team you will always lose.

Let's advocate for a good team all-round and not argue for which is more important.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fkhalifa:

[b]Arsenal was not winning the league, [/b]but was far up and competitive.
Your mind just wouldn't come to terms with 'winning the league'.

FYI

The defense wins you league' argument is not for Arsenal. Whenever that gets into you lots' head, the matter settles.

If you want to argue with Arsenal, use any of our title winning teams. Simple.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sammymarvin: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
With our owner we are heading for relegation...if u like bring conte. .pep..etc..we are not going to contend for d EPL ...u don't want to invest in d club and u want to win trophy....
I have my own theory after getting Ben .they now need to sell to make d usual gain ...so expect Auba.. Laca ...to leave ...as for me am not expecting any sign Ins
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

It is about time we all rest from this argument cos IMO,both sides are wrong.
Neither just good defense or good attack will win you either matches or league.... You need a complete good team to win matches and league. Otherwise you might win small or weaker teams but when you meet a complete balanced team you will always lose.

Let's advocate for a good team all-round and not argue for which is more important.
The argument is simple, so I need someone to argue within the technicalities raised.

We all have short and long term goals. Short term goals eventually leads to achiements of the long term goals. Howbeit the factors that lead to both a quite different.

Good attack - winning games - short term.
Good defense - winning titles - long term.

I know that it's hard for someone without a 3D perspective to grab. But it's so simple.

It's like a company, increasing marginal selling price will lead to short term profits, but for long term profits it is cost reduction.

In war, kill more enemies - win the battle -short term
Reduce casualties - win the war - long term

I don't know how else to explain this, but it's a management principle that has been applied overtime with success.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sammymarvin: 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2021
Spy360:

The argument is simple, so I need someone to argue within the technicalities raised.

We all have short and long term goals. Short term goals eventually leads to achiements of the long term goals. Howbeit the factors that lead to both a quite different.

Good attack - winning games - short term.
Good defense - winning titles - long term.

I know that it's hard for someone without a 3D perspective to grab. But it's so simple.

It's like a company, increasing marginal selling price will lead to short term profits, but for long term profits it is cost reduction.

In war, kill more enemies - win the battle -short term
Reduce casualties - win the war - long term

I don't know how else to explain this, but it's a management principle that has been applied overtime with success.
Pls we have been on this long term excuse since 2006 ... remember d Wenger youth project....it's not working ....it's not what arsenal want...arsenal needs a new owner .SK is our problem
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2021
sammymarvin:

Pls we have been on this long term excuse since 2006 ... remember d Wenger youth project....it's not working ....it's not what arsenal want...arsenal needs a new owner .SK is our problem
You're right on your merit. But this is off point based on the discussion.

Talking about owners, we have the worst in the PL. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fkhalifa:

This was my argument, when i said sorting midfield and attack will rub off on the defense positively. But some felt Arteta knows best.
We had Mustaffi and Luiz but we made Europa, after splashing on DM and CB we finished 8th.

Last season they were claiming Arteta didn’t prioritize defense, what has his actions this current TW shown.

I keep saying the difference is maybe I predict too soon what others are yet to see. It was visible to the blind sef.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
Spy360:

Your mind just wouldn't come to terms with 'winning the league'.

FYI

The defense wins you league' argument is not for Arsenal. Whenever that gets into you lots' head, the matter settles.

If you want to argue with Arsenal, use any of our title winning teams. Simple.
My point is for Arsenal to at least get back up, the attack should be priotised,(I'm not playing down defense).

On your last paragraph..
The invicibles had Henri banging goals, assisting goals, creating chances and dropping deep to help midfield and start attack... That's Henri alone o.
Not to talk of Pires, Reyes,Ljumberg,Bergkamp, KANU.

If you set up Toure and Campbell with these present Arsenal forward who only wants to pass the ball sideways, The invincible defense will look so average.

The UCL final loss in 2006 was largely blamed on Henri for wasting chances he scores normally. Had Henri scored just a goal, I'm quite confident Barca won't come back.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

This was my argument, when i said sorting midfield and attack will run off on the defense positively. But some felt Arteta knows best.
We had Mustaffi and Luiz but we mad Europa, after splashing on DM and CB we finished 8th.

Last season they were claiming Arteta didn’t prioritize defense, what has his actions this current TW shown.

I keep saying the difference is maybe I predict too soon what others are yet to see. It was visible to the blind sef.

We need more CBs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2021
patrickmuf:
Upon all the explanations from BlueRayDick you still dey throw jabs...You go be very vindictive person.
Nothing personal, the fact remains Arteta prioritized defence last season and still doing same before our eyes.

It’s simple Pareto analysis,

If I run a pure water factory and I’m faced with 3 problems at the moment.

1; my delivery truck is totally down and needs replacement
2; my generator is no longer serviceable and in Naija U can’t rely on NEPA.
3; my pure water line is running at 60% efficiency instead of 90% as designed. Needs some upgrades to be back at 90%.

I have limited resources which would I solve first?. You simply run a cause effect analysis to know which of the 3 if solved has the biggest positive impact on the business.

If I spend on delivery truck and there’s no power what will it deliver? If I spend on upgrading the plant to 90% how will it run if Nepa takes light.

The best decision in my current situation is to buy the generator, I can still lease a truck on a pay as you go basis, the line will run at 60% efficiency. With that I can still raise revenue to fix other issues at a later time. At least the factory won’t be grounded.

The club as business goofed with that decision and the results are there to prove it. instead of learning from their mistake we are back to doing same thing expecting different result.

Keep buying more CBs and see if we won’t be relegated, even championship Your army of CBs will not win it.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
BlueRayDick:

The difference was the kind of midfield and attack we had then not about Kos and Per’s doings. Even Cech got golden glove while playing behind Ozil Sanchez Ramsey etc but turned basket when Emery took over and scattered midfield and attack.

All these goalies getting golden gloves usually face less shots the season they win it. You wonder why only GKs of top 4 teams with solid attack get golden gloves?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

The difference was the kind of midfield and attack we had then not about Kos and Per’s doings. Even Cech got golden glove while playing behind Ozil Sanchez Ramsey etc but turned basket when Emery took over and scattered midfield and attack.

All these goalies getting golden gloves usually face less shots the season they win it. You wonder why only GKs of top 4 teams with solid attack get golden gloves?

I Don already wash my hand commot this revisionism....

Make everybody believe whatever they choose to believe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fkhalifa:

My point is for Arsenal to at least get back up, the attack should be priotised,(I'm not playing down defense).

On your last paragraph..
The invicibles had Henri banging goals, assisting goals, creating chances and dropping deep to help midfield and start attack... That's Henri alone o.
Not to talk of Pires, Reyes,Ljumberg,Bergkamp, KANU.

If you set up Toure and Campbell with these present Arsenal forward who only wants to pass the ball sideways, The invincible defense will look so average.

The UCL final loss in 2006 was largely blamed on Henri for wasting chances he scores normally. Had Henri scored just a goal, I'm quite confident Barca won't come back.
May God forgive you for calling Campbell and Toure average.
Did you know that Arsenal didn't not concede a goal through out the knockout stages of that CL run and just two goals in total (first two games)? These were games against Real Madrid, Juventus and Villareal. Even in that finals, we were down to 10men few minutes after kickof, yet Campbell rose to head us into a 1-0 lead which was held by the defense till few minutes to the end of the match?

Check the scorelines in pic below.

Attack win games. Defense win titles.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

Nothing personal, the fact remains Arteta priorities defence last season and still doing same before our eyes.

It’s simple Pareto analysis,

If I run a pure water factory and I’m faced with 3 problems at the moment.

1; my delivery truck is totally down and needs replacement
2; my generator is no longer serviceable and in Naija U can’t rely on NEPA.
3; my pure water line is running at 60% efficiency instead of 90% as designed. Needs some upgrades to be back at 90%.

I have limited resources which would I solve first?. You simply run a cause effect analysis to know which of the 3 if solved has the biggest positive impact on the business.

If I spend on delivery truck and there’s no power what will it deliver? If I spend on upgrading the plant to 90% how will it run if Nepa takes light.

The best decision in my current situation is to buy the generator, I can still lease a truck on a pay as you go basis, the line will run at 60% efficiency. With that I can still raise revenue to fix other issues at a later time. At least the factory won’t be grounded.

The club as business goofed with that decision and the results are there to prove it. instead of learning from their mistake we are back to doing same thing expecting different result.

Keep buying more CBs and see if we won’t be relegated, even championship Your army of CBs will not win it.
I don't think any Arsenal here supports the purchase of Ben White from the post I have read here unless I have missed something but for Gabriel, I totally understand his purchase last season that's why I was forced to reply your comment after noticing your were still having a go at a section of the fan base that doesn't exist...

That Ben White fee would've gotten you guys a good CAM but right now, you guys still need one and a winger too...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
patrickmuf:
I don't think any Arsenal here supports the purchase of Ben White from the post I have read here unless I have missed something but for Gabriel, I totally understand his purchase last season that's why I was forced to reply your comment after noticing your were still having a go at a section of the fan base that doesn't exist...

That Ben White fee would've gotten you guys a good CAM but right now, you guys still need one and a winger too...
Signing Gabriel is good, but in that situation of limited resources, it’s bad. It’s simply a good decision at a bad time. The only reason Arsenal made that decision was because Arteta prioritized defense. Those that doubted my assertion then can see it clearly now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2021
Our priorities in order of signing right now should be AM, LWF then CB.
We couldn’t score against a newly promoted Brentford, you think other teams will be weary of us with such display.
I pray we escape bottom half this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Spy360:

May God forgive you for calling Campbell and Toure average.
Did you know that Arsenal didn't not concede a goal through out the knockout stages of that CL run and just two goals in total (first two games)? These were games against Real Madrid, Juventus and Villareal. Even in that finals, we were down to 10men few minutes after kickof, yet Campbell rose to head us into a 1-0 lead which was held by the defense till few minutes to the end of the match?

Check the scorelines in pic below.

Attack win games. Defense win titles.
Well, you may have to reread, there was nowhere I referred to Campbell and You're as average, I said "will look average with this present forward".
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
kokaneprodigy:
Our priorities in order of signing right now should be AM, LWF then CB.
We couldn’t score against a newly promoted Brentford, you think other teams will be weary of us with such display.
I pray we escape bottom half this season
For me AM,LW and CM

Saliba and Mavro can still patch things up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Well, you may have to reread, there was nowhere I referred to Campbell and You're as average, I said "will look average with this present forward".

English is not that ones forte
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I Don already wash my hand commot this revisionism....

Make everybody believe whatever they choose to believe
Lol,
Nothing personal all Na cruise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) (2283) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.