Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,204 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2303969 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fkhalifa:

For me AM,LW and CM

Saliba and Mavro can still patch things up.
Arteta will buy you another CB e go shock you
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

Arteta will buy you another CB e go shock you
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2021
patrickmuf:
I don't think any Arsenal here supports the purchase of Ben White from the post I have read here unless I have missed something but for Gabriel, I totally understand his purchase last season that's why I was forced to reply your comment after noticing your were still having a go at a section of the fan base that doesn't exist...

That Ben White fee would've gotten you guys a good CAM but right now, you guys still need one and a winger too...

I Don tire to explain already; I feel they just want to vent their anger based on our poor results in recent times and that has impacted on their sense of judgement making them fail to put things into perspective.

At the beginning of last season we all felt Mustafi was shiiit, Xhaka can't play DM without unnecessary fouls/ errors, Papasthapopulous was pants and we need AM to fill Ozil's role.

The club got us Thomas Partey which we all coveted at the time to ease the defense job in the heart of midfield. We got Gabriel for as little as 27m to serve as an upgrade to our CB'S we've always complained about.....We tried to get Auoar to fill the AM role but that deal fell through.

The club then tried to play Willock as AM but never worked out and then the club brought in Odegaard in January to at least fill the AM role.

How somebody will know all these and still keep talking about the club neglecting midfield last year to focus on defence alone still beats my imagination.

I just no understand how they do it.

This season almost all Arsenal fans I know have condemned the signing of white being unnecessary and wasteful.

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I Don tire to explain already; I feel they just want to vent their anger based on our poor results in recent times and that has impacted on their sense of judgement making them fail to put things into perspective.

At the beginning of last season we all felt Mustafi was shiiit, Xhaka can't play DM without unnecessary fouls/ errors, Papasthapopulous was pants and we need AM to fill Ozil's role.

The club got us Thomas Partey which we all coveted at the time to ease the defense job in the heart of midfield. We got Gabriel for as little as 27m to serve as an upgrade to our CB'S we've always complained about.....We tried to get Auoar to fill the AM role but that deal fell through.

[bb]The club then tried to play Willock as AM but never worked out[/b] and then the club brought in Odegaard in January to at least fill the AM role.

How somebody will know all these and still keep talking about the club neglecting midfield last year to focus on defence alone still beats my imagination.

This season almost all Arsenal fans I know have condemned the signing of white being unnecessary and wasteful.
was there ever a time Willock worked as AM? grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

None...but then that was what the club tried to do and it didn't work out.

I didn't support Arteta's hire in the first place but I supported him seeing how he managed to maneuver and get us FA cup when it seems everything was Goin bad for us.

He's however mismanaged the goodwill he got from that FA cup triumph and his decisions as a manager have been questionable ever since.

But no be all of us fit dey wake for middle of night dey curse him or pray he loses more and more games just to get him the sack letter he's been flirting around.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
We no go ever stop trolling you .. we love Assnal grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sammymarvin: 2:12am On Aug 17, 2021
U all don't seem to c d big picture I guess u remember the 8:2 debacle/shame it was on an august day like this ....
This one is Brentford ...it's d same shit we find our self since Stan Korenke took over....
1- he has no passion for soccer
2-AFC is not a soccer club but a business to him
3-The Man is bad luck(I remember the season leceister won d trophy we should have been top but injuries etc messed us up)...this has continued
4-Stans effect on our coaches ...- b4 SK took over Wenger was a dleligt to watch but after he just looked a confused figure - same goes to Emery- who is now doing well in Villareal, lunberg started well but got confused . and same thing is happening to Arteta who was even tipped at a time to replace Pep....

Now let's take a look at d Leceister owner...Liverpool Chelsea etc u always catch there figures at games ...but this our man .. I don't even think he knows the color of our jersey
A

Stan out
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:06am On Aug 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

The club then tried to play Willock as AM but never worked out and then the club brought in Odegaard in January to at least fill the AM role.

You know you never answer me
I asked how many EPL games did Gabriel played last season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:10am On Aug 17, 2021
I read Arteta was really angry at the board for not signing Abraham
Finally, e be like this guy is trying to be unfortunate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:09am On Aug 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

You know you never answer me
I asked how many EPL games did Gabriel played last season

Why do u need to give u an answer to a question u already have answer to?

But u know what? No matter the answer I give u, it doesn't negate the fact that we needed a decent CB as at the time we signed Gabriel.

Below is one of Ur post suggesting u wanted any other CB not named Mustafi or Papasthapopulous as at that time

iamoyindamola:

If this guy move elsewhere, arsenal fans fit die oo
Everywhere I go is Gabriel, until I see him on arsenal official handles sha

Napoli want mustafi or papa, on behalf of arsenal if they buy those 2 we will give them kola for free grin

Even Akinbaham that has joined the "defence wins you league" troll team actually supported this

Akinbahm:

I support the deal you proposed...

Then here u are praising the same Gabriel, I don't think I recall u ever calling Mustafi or Papasthapopulous a beast ;

iamoyindamola:
This Gabriel is a beast

I think the problem here is u change Ur mind too often on decisions taken in the past, if not u will acknowledge that at that point we were all tired of our "senior clowns" and we deservedly got Gabriel at least as a stop gap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:30am On Aug 17, 2021
Good day fellow gooners..

Despite the volume, I went through the argument. I must also commend you all for been civil.

IMO, defence will win you a cup maybe but attack will win you a league. The more your attacking threats, the more your opponents will be scared of you. But if a team build the defence while the attack (and midfield-as applicable to arsenal) is blunt, sooner or later, the defence will crack. Having a balanced team is good but attack is the first line of defence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:42am On Aug 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Why do u need to give u an answer to a question u already have answer to?

But u know what? No matter the answer I give u, it doesn't negate the fact that we needed a decent CB as at the time we signed Gabriel.

Below is one of Ur post suggesting u wanted any other CB not named Mustafi or Papasthapopulous as at that time

Even Akinbaham that has joined the "defence wins you league" troll team actually supported this

Then here u are praising the same Gabriel, I don't think I recall u ever calling Mustafi or Papasthapopulous a beast ;

I think the problem here is u change Ur mind too often on decisions taken in the past, if not u will acknowledge that at that point we were all tired of our "senior clowns" and we deservedly got Gabriel at least as a stop gap.

Arghhhhhhhhh
Did I ever call him a bad player
All these digging ko necessary, we needed Gabriel now tell me how many matches the much needed guy played
Simple
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:53am On Aug 17, 2021
Bellerin still insist on leaving
They should find somewhere dump this idiot na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:07am On Aug 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:
I read Arteta was really angry at the board for not signing Abraham
Finally, e be like this guy is trying to be unfortunate
I don dey reason diz Arteta like one bartomeu wey won deal with arsenal scarra b4 him go.

I don dey reason am like one agent wey Tottenham and Everton put hand together send
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:41am On Aug 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Arghhhhhhhhh
Did I ever call him a bad player
All these digging ko necessary, we needed Gabriel now tell me how many matches the much needed guy played
Simple
Errrm... But if you were happy for his signing, it means you approved of it, which is exactly what blueray was saying. Whether he played much minutes or not is irrelevant in this case. What really mattered is that when he was bought, we were happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:44am On Aug 17, 2021
Jodera:
Errrm... But if you were happy for his signing, it means you approved of it, which is exactly what blueray was saying. Whether he played much minutes or not is irrelevant in this case. What really mattered is that when he was bought, we were happy.

Simple!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:01am On Aug 17, 2021
Meanwhile, if we're to look objectively, we never wanted Mustafi and Sokratis again. We only had David Luiz as the only senior experienced Cb. Holding was still untested, Chambers still not convincing enough, and Mari was perpetually injured to lay a claim, buying Gabriel then who was one of the young best defenders in French league at such a good price is a no brainer. I think the mistake I made when Blueray wanted to make me see it like this was, I saw Holding as someone who was ready(forgetting before Gabriel capture he wasn't). Also defenders like Mari and Chambers came later into the season, so the signing of Gabriel was very important in order to prevent us going back to sokrastis or Mustafi.
The frustration of me saying we don't need Gabriel was because of our failed move of getting any proper Am or winger (esp Am), and it showed glaringly in our campaign last season.

Not saying I support the defence wins you league argument or sort, but I now certainly get where Blueray is coming from
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2021
mostob:

Despite the volume, I went through the argument. I must also commend you all for been civil.

IMO, defence will win you a cup maybe but attack will win you a league. The more your attacking threats, the more your opponents will be scared of you. But if a team build the defence while the attack (and midfield-as applicable to arsenal) is blunt, sooner or later, the defence will crack. Having a balanced team is good but attack is the first line of defence.
Lol... I love this twist

Defence wins you cup(maybe)
Attack wins you league grin grin

And it's very very valid seeing what Greece did in 2004 and maybe lucky Portugal (2016). Esp Greece of 2004, that's the first time I knew and saw what parking of bus really is. Great keeper, great bus parking, not so sharp attack.
Yet dey lost only one match to Russia while winning Portugal and drawing Spain thereby coming 2nd.
It's noteworthy they didn't draw any match throughout knockout to finals where they still won Portugal again

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2021
Una never still find new club?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2021
sammymarvin:
U all don't seem to c d big picture I guess u remember the 8:2 debacle/shame it was on an august day like this ....
This one is Brentford ...it's d same shit we find our self since Stan Korenke took over....
1- he has no passion for soccer
2-AFC is not a soccer club but a business to him
3-The Man is bad luck(I remember the season leceister won d trophy we should have been top but injuries etc messed us up)...this has continued
4-Stans effect on our coaches ...- b4 SK took over Wenger was a dleligt to watch but after he just looked a confused figure - same goes to Emery- who is now doing well in Villareal, lunberg started well but got confused . and same thing is happening to Arteta who was even tipped at a time to replace Pep....

Now let's take a look at d Leceister owner...Liverpool Chelsea etc u always catch there figures at games ...but this our man .. I don't even think he knows the color of our jersey
A

Stan out
While I agree Stan is really badluck for arsenal and our decline started during his takeover. But if we look critically, our decline didn't start in 2011(during his takeover) but between 2007-2009(I'll say 2008 tho). And the main reason for arsenal decline to me was David Dein. Yes David Dein, he was so instrumental to arsenal and Wenger's success. From signing players necessary for the team, to tying players down before their contract expires, to selling players at very good price. That's Dein for you. There are good deals Wenger would have scuttled, if not for Dein and there are deals Wenger would have kept(instead of sell) or sold for cheap if not for Dein again. No wonder our squad of golden era years stayed long together and our squad post-dein never last too long together and even if they did, they're either sold for cheap or free. No wonder after Dein departure, we're no longer that club that signs unknown talented players for a cheap. I think the only two we bought post-dein are nasri and Eduardo (if I'm correct) compared to the many dross we bought in yaya sanogo, Silvester and so on. If Dein was in arsenal, I'm sure at least Suarez would have donned arsenal Jersey instead of the embarrassment we did to ourselves.

Dein was really a big miss and Even Arsene Wenger knows that, no Wonder arsenal players down the years were inferior compared to the superior players arsenal keeps getting year on year from when arsene was appointed

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2021
odizeey:
Una never still find new club?
You wey never carry trophy going to 5yrs now, you been find new club? tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Well, you may have to reread, there was nowhere I referred to Campbell and You're as average, I said "will look average with this present forward".

Looking average is as good as being average to anyone who won't value someone. It's what is implied.

Hope you didn't ignore the picture presentation?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:40am On Aug 17, 2021
BlueRayDick:

The fact that those fans-cum-trolls are the ones masterminding the gibberish. How unintelligent fellows can turn sense into nonsense baffles me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2021
Jodera:
You wey never carry trophy going to 5yrs now, you been find new club? tongue

Even Leicester city win trophies but them no born them well to talk for my front.

We get where we dey go but una club no get plan. Make them merge this page with Chelsea page
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2021
kokaneprodigy:
Another senseless talk. cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... I love this twist

Defence wins you cup(maybe)
Attack wins you league grin grin

And it's very very valid seeing what Greece did in 2004 and maybe lucky Portugal (2016). Esp Greece of 2004, that's the first time I knew and saw what parking of bus really is. Great keeper, great bus parking, not so sharp attack.
Yet dey lost only one match to Russia while winning Portugal and drawing Spain thereby coming 2nd.
It's noteworthy they didn't draw any match throughout knockout to finals where they still won Portugal again

So you have all these facts and formed something else.

Besides, you guys seems to be so a-washed with your thoughts that you fail to pick the ideas of others which is so annoying especially coming from fans-cum-trolls.

If you ask what does Arsenal need?

Was signing a CB a good deal? Offcourse. We need it. Does that mean we should ignore the attack. Offcourse not. We need an AM.
You know that I have been in the forefront of those demanding an AM. I have even mentioned that getting a CB for 50m makes signing an AM inexcusable.

Saying defense wins you league' doesn't refer to the current Arsenal (it's common sense that we won't win the league this season, so this talk is not for us). Get that out of your head and enjoy the discuss.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2021
mostob:

Good point, I think defense won Arterta the cup, sit back and hit on counter or score 1 and block your defense.

Also, The more you attack and your midfield keep possession the lesser your opposition will have the time to come at you.

Teams hardly attack Barca,City and Bayern not because they've great defense, rather they have a midfield who constantly keep possession and an attack who are never going to stop coming at you with full threats.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2021
Jodera:
While I agree Stan is really badluck for arsenal and our decline started during his takeover. But if we look critically, our decline didn't start in 2011(during his takeover) but between 2007-2009(I'll say 2008 tho). And the main reason for arsenal decline to me was David Dein. Yes David Dein, he was so instrumental to arsenal and Wenger's success. From signing players necessary for the team, to tying players down before their contract expires, to selling players at very good price. That's Dein for you. There are good deals Wenger would have scuttled, if not for Dein and there are deals Wenger would have kept(instead of sell) or sold for cheap if not for Dein again. No wonder our squad of golden era years stayed long together and our squad post-dein never last too long together and even if they did, they're either sold for cheap or free. No wonder after Dein departure, we're no longer that club that signs unknown talented players for a cheap. I think the only two we bought post-dein are nasri and Eduardo (if I'm correct) compared to the many dross we bought in yaya sanogo, Silvester and so on. If Dein was in arsenal, I'm sure at least Suarez would have donned arsenal Jersey instead of the embarrassment we did to ourselves.

Dein was really a big miss and Even Arsene Wenger knows that, no Wonder arsenal players down the years were inferior compared to the superior players arsenal keeps getting year on year from when arsene was appointed
Absolutely.

Devin was an expert in developing talent. He was even instrumental to the development of the PL.

He made Arsenal profitable while sustaining the club culture. Losing David Dein began the fall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2021
Spy360:

So you have all these facts and formed something else.

Besides, you guys seems to be so a-washed with your thoughts that you fail to pick the ideas of others which is so annoying especially coming from fans-cum-trolls.

If you ask what does Arsenal need?

Was signing a CB a good deal? Offcourse. We need it. Does that mean we should ignore the attack. Offcourse not. We need an AM.
You know that I have been in the forefront of those demanding an AM. I have even mentioned that getting a CB for 50m makes signing an AM inexcusable.

Saying defense wins you league' doesn't refer to the current Arsenal (it's common sense that we won't win the league this season, so this talk is not for us). Get that out of your head and enjoy the discuss.

Excuse you?? Which facts did I have. That's Greece winning a cup not a league. If Greece tried that nonsense in a league format, before time they'll slide down the ladder, after all the euros was just 6 matches.

You saying the defence wins you league does not refer to present arsenal, then what are we talking about since? This argument arose cos we felt that Arteta was rebuilding arsenal from the back, instead of from the front and middle before getting to the back. While some of us raised the alarm that he shouldn't start from back that our front and middle is weak, you brought up the Ferguson mantra "defence wins you league". We even vehemently said that we don't want to win league first, but let's start our rebuilding from midfield and attack, when we gain confidence then we'll buy good defence and gun for league, but you were still voicing the mantra. How you now said it doesn't concern arsenal talk is what I don't get from you.

Anyways, let's just hold hands die this matter, cos me I want to even die it sef from my ends. Let's just look forward to something worth more conversing about
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2021
odizeey:

Even Leicester city win trophies but them no born them well to talk for my front.

We get where we dey go but una club no get plan. Make them merge this page with Chelsea page
Lol... It's because Leicester fans no dey naija or nairaland na grin

Assuming na arsenal get that feat of league in 2016 and fa cup 2021, if I hear say I no talk for your front grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:11am On Aug 17, 2021
Spy360:

Looking average is as good as being average to anyone who won't value someone. It's what is implied.

Hope you didn't ignore the picture presentation?

Smh.... Looking average= Being Average? OK Sir.

The picture, at some point, it was Senderos, Cygan, Eboue and Clichy deputising due to injuries, yet they sailed because? They had a Gilberto/Viera...IGWE up front, workaholic Ljumberg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:27am On Aug 17, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Smh.... Looking average= Being Average? OK Sir.

The picture, at some point, it was Senderos, Cygan, Eboue and Clichy deputising due to injuries, yet they sailed because? They had a Gilberto/Viera...IGWE up front, workaholic Ljumberg.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) ... (3482) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.