Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2330567 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2348) (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) ... (3518) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Hopefully oo my brother grin grin

We however remain indifferent about the Trust the Process. No he NLD go suddenly make me believe abeg. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
daveP:

We however remain indifferent about the Trust the Process. No he NLD go suddenly make me believe abeg. grin
Lol... Na big time indifferent I dey ooo. No time to give myself hi bp on top hope grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:56am On Sep 30, 2021
FaithfuII18:
I taya oh. this is Just a perfect illustration you just brought up.
ajax that year wey wipe off Juventus, real Madrid and Tottenham narrowly escaped, a feat that arsenal in all their entirely years can't measure up to it

See better bullshiiiit wey this one write with full confidence undecided

I guess u were born 2007 and didn’t witness arsenal’s champions league run in 2006 that included dumping out juventus, Real Madrid and Villarreal on our way to the final . The best part is we even qualified from the group stage in a group that had ur beloved Ajax and went as far as the final before losing to the star studded Barca team.

I promised myself I wasn’t going to put mouth in this una Ajax-Arsenal debate because to me it was pointless ; but trust me I couldn’t read this cap and be at peace with myself not addressing it.

U fit no like a club but e no mean say make u dey cap carelessly like u did up there .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:47am On Sep 30, 2021
FaithfuII18:
ajax that year wey wipe off Juventus, real Madrid and Tottenham narrowly escaped, a feat that arsenal in all their entirely years can't measure up to it
You could have said a feat in the past decade And not entirety.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:14am On Sep 30, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Funny enough, many midtable English clubs are bigger than league toppers in other countries irrespective of European exploits. An example is a club like Young Boys. Compare them to Tottenham or Everton.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2021
Jodera:
Exactly... Esp since xhaka went to injury, instead of introducing Lokonga or Niles, it was Pepe that was introduced. While on paper it looks good but that 433 formation doesn't suit us for now cos we'll be to light weight and flat to play it.

I wasn't impressed with our Burnley and Norwich display at all, and that's because of lack of that midfield balance
You are right about it being flat. I was personally an advocate of that formation so that ESR and Odegaard can both play in AM but I have noticed that it impedes their movements and technicalities in that either if them will have to drop deeper each time to link up play. That job can easily be done by either Partey or Lokonga hence it's better seeing them spaced out and ESR doing what he does best- drifting infield from LW with pace.
Also playing 4-3-3 would mean an extra attacker. Which will not add much to our attacking pressure as the options left are Martinelli or Pepe in LW which we don't want at all as starting lineup. I'd rather see both come in to close a game in the post 60mins of the match.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:30am On Sep 30, 2021
FaithfuII18:
If you don't know something, it's better to just keep mute than spewing fallacy just to troll a club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:34am On Sep 30, 2021
Fkhalifa:

The way dem dey hype this ajax, someone will think it's one athletico who do well in cl but narrowly miss out in finals or semifinals.
Just one season wey ajax reach semifinals (not even final sef), they're the best thing after slice bread.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2021
Spy360:

You are right about it being flat. I was personally an advocate of that formation so that ESR and Odegaard can both play in AM but I have noticed that it impedes their movements and technicalities in that either if them will have to drop deeper each time to link up play. That job can easily be done by either Partey or Lokonga hence it's better seeing them spaced out and ESR doing what he does best- drifting infield from LW with pace.
Also playing 4-3-3 would mean an extra attacker. Which will not add much to our attacking pressure as the options left are Martinelli or Pepe in LW which we don't want at all as starting lineup. I'd rather see both come in to close a game in the post 60mins of the match.
Thank you, you get exactly where I'm coming from
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:55am On Sep 30, 2021
FaithfuII18:
I can recommend you the best sniper that will make you quickly end it painlessly.
useless arsenal fan
Lol... A simple google search would have saved you from this embarrassment, but you've decided to always be faithfull to ignorance.

Who am I to part you two?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:01am On Sep 30, 2021
Jodera:
The way dem dey hype this ajax, someone will think it's one athletico who do well in cl but narrowly miss out in finals or semifinals.
Just one season wey ajax reach semifinals (not even final sef), they're the best thing after slice bread.
Lol
They are former champion, make arsenal even manage enter semi final again na if e easy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Lol
They are former champion, make arsenal even manage enter semi final again na if e easy.
Lol.. Ajax as a club is a former champion, I agree, but the players present there aren't the ones that are former champions na, else we for go Nottingham forest to go buy players too grin

Now here is my point, I'm not saying all players in Dutch league are bad or won't gel in EPL but that there are some attributes a player will have that will make them thrive in Dutch league but not EPL. There are things I look out for when recommending players and if it's strikers they are (in no particular order)

Good ball control, Positioning, Average to good speed, Finishing(both outside and inside the box), Interplay with your wingers, Strength

Now if a striker have at least 4 of this attributes, no matter the league I'll recommend him. I didn't see those in Haller and Abraham reason why even if dey bang 20+ goals in Ajax and As Roma just same way batshuayi bang in goals in Dortmund, I won't still be moved cos EPL have a way of exposing such players. That's not to say they're bad strikers or such leagues can't produce good players that can thrive in EPL.

Hope you get my point?? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2021
Jodera:
Lol.. Ajax as a club is a former champion, I agree, but the players present there aren't the ones that are former champions na, else we for go Nottingham forest to go buy players too grin

Now here is my point, I'm not saying all players in Dutch league are bad or won't gel in EPL but that there are some attributes a player will have that will make them thrive in Dutch league but not EPL. There are things I look out for when recommending players and if it's strikers they are (in no particular order)

Good ball control, Positioning, Average to good speed, Finishing(both outside and inside the box), Interplay with your wingers, Strength

Now if a striker have at least 4 of this attributes, no matter the league I'll recommend him. I didn't see those in Haller and Abraham reason why even if dey bang 20+ goals in Ajax and As Roma just same way batshuayi bang in goals in Dortmund, I won't still be moved cos EPL have a way of exposing such players. That's not to say they're bad strikers or such leagues can't produce good players that can thrive in EPL.

iamoyindamola will never agree with you no matter the point you bring to the fore on this una discussion. Na when u tire u go agree with him grin

Now here is what I think about the whole discussion; as of today the dutch league is not rated as high as at the 1990's when Ajax became European champions. Their league has regressed really bad that nobody really rate players from there as much one would rate EPL, La Liga or Serie Stars. In fact, some people do take the French league more serious nowadays. If na dem Bergkamp days, one would take any breakout star from the Dutch leagu serious, but nowadays same cannot be .

You were not wrong with your position that Haller shinning in Ajax doesn't necessary make him at par with other strikers available in the market playing across other aforementioned leagues.

It would be a huge gamble for Arsenal to sign a player who flopped at West Ham to come replace any of our current strikers. It will just turn Arsenal to the Barca of England with a lot of player on its books yet not so much quality in the team's output to show for it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Jodera:

The last line is the problem you will have.

It's easier to draw the basis of the argument before proceeding if not e nor go end.

Which club is bigger?

In terms of
1. European success
2. UEFA coefficient
3. Fan base
4. Player quality
5. Financial muscle
6. Popularity
7. History

You and iamoyindamola should use these to determine how the argument will end. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:34am On Sep 30, 2021
BlueRayDick:

iamoyindamola will never agree with you no matter the point you bring to the fore on this una discussion. Na when u tire u go agree with him grin

Now here is what I think about the whole discussion; as of today the dutch league is not rated as high as at the 1990's when Ajax became European champions. Their league has regressed really bad that nobody really rate players from there as much one would rate EPL, La Liga or Serie Stars. In fact, some people do take the French league more serious nowadays. If na dem Bergkamp days, one would take any breakout star from the Dutch leagu serious, but nowadays same cannot be .

You were not wrong with your position that Haller shinning in Ajax doesn't necessary make him at par with other strikers available in the market playing across other aforementioned leagues.

It would be a huge gamble for Arsenal to sign a player who flopped at West Ham to come replace any of our current strikers. It will just turn Arsenal to the Barca of England with a lot of player on its books yet not so much quality in the team's output to show for it.
Thanks a lot for your contribution. I feel this is more explicit and explanatory than what I've been yarning since.

I just hope iamoyindamola sees this and see my point grin
Kudos bro!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:43am On Sep 30, 2021
Spy360:

The last line is the problem you will have.

It's easier to draw the basis of the argument before proceeding if not e nor go end.

Which club is bigger?

In terms of
1. European success
2. UEFA coefficient
3. Fan base
4. Player quality
5. Financial muscle
6. Popularity
7. History

You and iamoyindamola should use these to determine how the argument will end. Cheers!
Well, actually I'm not even arguing whether which club is bigger or not and I think our basis of argument is whether Haller is a good fit to take over auba and lacazette as top striker for us. While he believes Haller is a very good striker that should come be our top 9, I strongly disagreed.
He has been recommending Haller wen he was at west ham not even Ajax(cos he feels west ham was limiting him), it was just this his Ajax's form that reinforces his opinion about how Haller would have being a good fit for us again grin grin

But your criteria for knowing which is a bigger club is spot on
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:48am On Sep 30, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I asked him a simple question bring out the cf that shine in westham
you can also help him out
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Di canio shone in west ham. Even tevez in his short stint there shone.
Presently, Antonio is shining.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Let’s act as if Michalli Anthonio is not currently enjoying the form of his life at West ham;continuing from where he stopped last season.

Now let’s not lose sight of the initial discussion of why Jodera and some of us Arsenal fans share his believe that maybe Haller is not what Arsenal needed at the time you suggested him.

Look at the attached picture very well and see a pattern of Haller’s goal returns:

1. During his first stint at Utretch his goal returns ratio was 0.64( Dutch league )

2. When his deal was made permanent at Utretch his goal returns was 0.46 (Dutch League)

3. He then moved to Frankfurt and his goal returns dropped to 0.4 ( German Bundesliga is obviously a bigger league compared to the Dutch League he’s made his name )

4. His big break came and he moved to the Epl joining West Ham and his goal returns dropped to an all time low of 0.20.

5. Following his not so impressive showings in England he moved back to the Dutch league and viola! His goal returns ratio jumps to 0.62

Is it not clear enough that Haller is suited for the Dutch league and not Epl where he’s meant to be the top striker for a struggling Arsenal side ?

If u still think West ham is Haller’s problem , I leave and Jodera to continue with the discussion o.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Let’s act as if Michalli Anthonio is not currently enjoying the form of his life at West ham;continuing from where he stopped last season.

Now let’s not lose sight of the initial discussion of why Jodera and some of us Arsenal fans share his believe that maybe Haller is not what Arsenal needed at the time you suggested him.

Look at the attached picture very well and see a pattern of Haller’s goal returns:

1. During his first stint at Utretch his goal returns ratio was 0.64( Dutch league )

2. When his deal was made permanent at Utretch his goal returns was 0.46 (Dutch League)

3. He then moved to Frankfurt and his goal returns dropped to 0.4 ( German Bundesliga is obviously a bigger league compared to the Dutch League he’s made his name )

4. His big break came and he moved to the Epl joining West Ham and his goal returns dropped to an all time low of 0.20.

5. Following his not so impressive showings in England he moved back to the Dutch league and viola! His goal returns ratio jumps to 0.62

Is it not clear enough that Haller is suited for the Dutch league and not Epl where he’s meant to be the top striker for a struggling Arsenal side ?

If u still think West ham is Haller’s problem , I leave and Jodera to continue with the discussion o.

Bros anthonio aint a striker na grin grin grin
I was expecting you to mention cole,ba
Even this Austrian guy is not a CF
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Jodera:
Di canio shone in west ham. Even tevez in his short stint there shone.
Presently, Antonio is shining.
Stop it, you are embarassing me
Di canio
141apps 51goals

Tevez
29 apps 7 goals
Abeg no kill me with laugh grin grin
I will say it again, westham system doesn't allow CF to shine, they can only do with a makeshift midfielder or defender
That is why the likes of soucek, anthonio, this austrian guy can survive in CF position
Even chicharito struggled, only asthon could have broken the curse but he retired early

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/17/west-ham-strikers-david-sullivan-gold-simone-zaza-scott-hogan

kindly read up
Una no know ball grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Bros anthonio aint a striker na grin grin grin
I was expecting you to mention cole,ba
Even this Austrian guy is not a CF

Here is West Ham set-up vs Newcastle ; Did Anthonio play as a goalkeeper in that match or any of their previous matches ?

A player is a striker , midfielder or defender depending what role the coach defines for him on the pitch.

What matters to this discuss is Anthonio plays as a striker for West Ham and he’s getting real decent returns . Simple !

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Here is West Ham set-up vs Newcastle ; Did Anthonio play as a goalkeeper in that match or any of their previous matches ?

A player is a striker , midfielder or defender depending what role the coach defines for him on the pitch.

What matters to this discuss is Anthonio plays as a striker for West Ham and he’s getting real decent returns . Simple !

Shebi you wan to turn amala
No problem, below is anthonio stats
Do they look like a striker own, remember you said he's excelling grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Stop it, you are embarassing me
Di canio
141apps 51goals

Tevez
29 apps 7 goals
Abeg no kill me with laugh grin grin
I will say it again, westham system doesn't allow CF to shine, they can only do with a makeshift midfielder or defender
That is why the likes of soucek, anthonio, this austrian guy can survive in CF position
Even chicharito struggled, only asthon could have broken the curse but he retired early

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/17/west-ham-strikers-david-sullivan-gold-simone-zaza-scott-hogan

kindly read up
Una no know ball grin grin grin
The thing is you're taking west ham like one big club in England that their striker had to have same strike rate as them henry, Owen and van nistelrooy grin

Do canio with such a good strike rate is good for them cos dem no even be top club for EPL then.

Antonio presently is a very good striker for them too. If he retires today, tomorrow you'll tell us how Antonio scored only 50+ goals in 100+ appearances cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
Jodera:
The thing is you're taking west ham like one big club in England that their striker had to have same strike rate as them henry, Owen and van nistelrooy grin

Do canio with such a good strike rate is good for them cos dem no even be top club for EPL then.

Antonio presently is a very good striker for them too. If he retires today, tomorrow you'll tell us how Antonio scored only 50+ goals in 100+ appearances cheesy
So how's Haller own different are you expecting him to score 80/100goals
Anywhere you dance to I follow you grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Lol... This is the exact reason why I didn't want to answer you questions wen you said let's name a striker that excelled in west ham. I suspected the discourse will veer of from Haller to those strikers and then different discourse entirely.

At least I've done my part by naming di canio and presently Antonio for you. Do your own part by hitting me up wen Haller goes to a competitive league and impresses the way he's impressing at Ajax so dat I can swallow my L
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... This is the exact reason why I didn't want to answer you questions wen you said let's name a striker that excelled in west ham. I suspected the discourse will veer of from Haller to those strikers and then different discourse entirely.

At least I've done my part by naming di canio and presently Antonio for you. Do your own part by hitting me up wen Haller goes to a competitive league and impresses the way he's impressing at Ajax so dat I can swallow my L
Tah no go there
You judged Haller cos of his goals at West ham,I told you they don't succeed with proper striker
I also back it up with link, also with Haller present performance you claimed he went to a weak league
Now prove to me your point you gave me dicanio and anthonio I showed you their stats you wan change narration grin grin
Should I be calling you lodera already
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

So how's Haller own different are you expecting him to score 80/100goals
Anywhere you dance to I follow you grin
it's different cos aside the stat which is subpar, he was also subpar for them too. I mean he scored 7 goals for west ham and was shipped away. Not only that, his performances was unimpressive. Blueray just showed you his stats that he's not a prolific goalscorer, I showed you his attributes that he won't even bring certain things aside goals sef. So how do you want such striker to be arsenal top 9, worst of all wen we're struggling??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Tah no go there
You judged Haller cos of his goals at West ham,I told you they don't succeed with proper striker
I also back it up with link, also with Haller present performance you claimed he went to a weak league
Now prove to me your point you gave me dicanio and anthonio I showed you their stats you wan change narration grin grin
Should I be calling you lodera already
You're funny at the bolded.

I didn't judge Haller cos of goals, you did. I said his attributes isn't good for a club like arsenal, and I listed them. It was wen he was banging at Ajax you now bring Haller up again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

The problem I do have with u is that u are so skilled in the art of making one lose sight of the initial point of discussion tell one enters into another totally different argument.

The point of discussion is Haller not being good enough for Arsenal as at the time you recommended him. You claimed because Haller is doing well at Ajax now he wouldn't have been a bad deal for Arsenal; Jodera does not agree with you and so do I beacause we believe he's more suited to play in the Dutch league and not EPL. I have proven this to you by shwoing you Haller's goal return in the Dutch League, EPL and Bundesliga.

You are the one who brought the West Ham matter and I have pointed it out that It's fallacy blaming West Ham's style of play for Haller's woes in the EPL. The way you are dwelling on the matter as if its Anthonio we are discussing and not Haller you recommended for Arsenal

(1) (2) (3) ... (2348) (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) ... (3518) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.