Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2303998 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sammymarvin: 12:27am On Jan 21, 2022
I will never blame d coach nor d player because this z not d first time I have seen this happen...it happened under Wenger it happened under Emery....u can't win trophies with kids and a slim squad .... Arteta is a good coach the players are good but ... experience is needed and that u can't get from an under23, fatigue z another issue in d last match Saka limped of and today he is back at times I wonder how he cope while I pray he does not bcom a Wilshire.....Fatigue showed up because some guys performance dropped after 20mins....smith was not fit tomi was not same goes to odegaard the way we are playing now we need energy..... Finally we need a board ...get us the players we need a RB...DMF....and a striker...
COYG

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:25am On Jan 21, 2022
Arteta ball
Hallelujah somebody grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Arteta ball
Hallelujah somebody grin grin

Even before Arteta, our players have been notorious for collecting needless red cards.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:45am On Jan 21, 2022
Roland17:
I am waiting to read anyone blame Partey for the red card he got today!

I am patiently waiting..

Partey deserves to be blamed for the red card cos his tackle was rash, but the coach deserves the stick for even listing Partey for the match considering he woke in Cameroun Yesterday and got back to London that same yesterday.

All in all, its the management of the club that is responsible for all this mess by refusing to make additions to our midfield before sending Mitland-Niles on loan and knowing fully well our two other senior midfielders will be on international duty. It's this their path of sheer mismanagement that is even making me question why they are going all out for a striker when all fingers are pointing to the fact that it is our midfield that should be their utmost priority.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Even before Arteta, our players have been notorious for collecting needless red cards.
Na lie
Big fat lie
Wengay have that discipline I give it to him, they hardly collect needless red

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Na lie
Big fat lie
Wengay have that discipline I give it to him, they hardly collect needless red

Calm down, nobody said Wenger is not a disciplinarian but if u must Know Xhaka collected 2 of 5 red cards in the EPL under Arsene Wenger. We can say with the departure of Wenger things got worse with our players always losing their cool.

By the way it seems u are under the impression that a coach being someone with a knack for discipline means his players will always behave themselves and not foul opponents. Well, I don't belong to that school of thought.

Players will always lose their cool and do the unthinkable irrespective what the coach tells them; a case in point is Ballotelli and Mourinho at inter. Despite Mourinho telling Ballotelli to do everything to avoid a red card, Balotelli got a red card few minutes after the "heart-to-heart" talk grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Calm down, nobody said Wenger is not a disciplinarian but if u must Know Xhaka collected 2 of 5 red cards in the EPL under Arsene Wenger. We can say with the departure of Wenger things got worse with our players always losing their cool.

By the way it seems u are under the impression that a coach being someone with a knack for discipline means his players will always behave themselves and not foul opponents. Well, I don't belong to that school of thought.

Players will always lose their cool and do the unthinkable irrespective what the coach tells them; a case in point is Ballotelli and Mourinho at inter. Despite Mourinho telling Ballotelli to do everything to avoid a red card, Balotelli got a red card few minutes after the "heart-to-heart" talk grin
Yes that's exactly what I mean
Jenas was supposed to be an arsenal player until he got red against us, wengay stopped the deal cos of his tackles.
Same with Arteta collecting red against us and he had to delay his transfer until he's sure Arteta changed his tackling.
Wengay will never work with ballotelli that's the truth
The same mourinho told Ramos to get a card so that he can be suspended and free for knockout stages.
Arsenal players were soft we hardly get red cards not until xhaka came in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Partey deserves to be blamed for the red card cos his tackle was rash, but the coach deserves the stick for even listing Partey for the match considering he woke in Cameroun Yesterday and got back to London that same yesterday.

I disagree! The red card was a predictable consequence of an irrational decision by an intern that was exhibiting dangerous levels of desperation. Arteta put Partey's career/ health at risk by putting him on the pitch and I am very sure Partey made a personal decision to get himself his deserved rest one way or the other.

What exactly did you expect from Partey? Partey played 95 minutes on the 18th of January, flies from Cameroun to London on the 19th, arrives at night and the following day he trains and is thrown into the pitch to play football! What exactly did you expect to happen?

On this thread during match day, I was warning severally that Partey should not be introduced, especially if you know his recent history with injuries. The man is fatigued and on a red list for getting injured. If Ghana qualified for the next round, they would not have played until the 23rd (Sunday) which gives him 4 full days of rest.

Take a close look at both yellow cards, especially the 2nd one and you will realize they were tackles made out of fatigue. 3 things were destined to happen to Partey during that game. One is an injury, 2nd was fatigue and the 3rd was the red card, which was a lesser consequence if you ask me. The intern failed to look at the picture and traded Partey's availability on Sunday for a 10 minutes cameo appearance. Now, we are out of all the cup competitions and must now finish top 6.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
Arsenal have more red cards than goals in 2020

3reds to a solo goal.

Sad

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
Meanwhile, i hope the Arteta sees this and give him more Epl minutes. He might just click with Dusan.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
daveP:
Arsenal have more red cards than goals in 2020

3reds to a solo goal.

Sad
Hmmm... We still dey 2020?? grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
Jodera:
Hmmm... We still dey 2020?? grin

grin grin

E be like January na red card month o. Dennis of Watford sent off too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Blueraydick
I read Arteta have issues with Leno ATM
Do you still think he's a Saint

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:41am On Jan 23, 2022
Another Arsene Wenger has done it again.

Ramsey sold to Juve to get 400/week so that they won't be able to afford Vlahovic, and hence he comes to Arsenal while Ramsey becomes available to return to the Emirates. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Blueraydick
I read Arteta have issues with Leno ATM
Do you still think he's a Saint

Did I ever call anyone a saint on this thread ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:14am On Jan 23, 2022
Roland17:

I disagree! The red card was a predictable consequence of an irrational decision by an intern that was exhibiting dangerous levels of desperation. Arteta put Partey's career/ health at risk by putting him on the pitch and I am very sure Partey made a personal decision to get himself his deserved rest one way or the other.

What exactly did you expect from Partey? Partey played 95 minutes on the 18th of January, flies from Cameroun to London on the 19th, arrives at night and the following day he trains and is thrown into the pitch to play football! What exactly did you expect to happen?

On this thread during match day, I was warning severally that Partey should not be introduced, especially if you know his recent history with injuries. The man is fatigued and on a red list for getting injured. If Ghana qualified for the next round, they would not have played until the 23rd (Sunday) which gives him 4 full days of rest.

Take a close look at both yellow cards, especially the 2nd one and you will realize they were tackles made out of fatigue. 3 things were destined to happen to Partey during that game. One is an injury, 2nd was fatigue and the 3rd was the red card, which was a lesser consequence if you ask me. The intern failed to look at the picture and traded Partey's availability on Sunday for a 10 minutes cameo appearance. Now, we are out of all the cup competitions and must now finish top 6.

If Partey did take the second yellow as a means of relieving himself of duty , then u should know that’s unprofessional conduct. Well , not like I’m buying that narrative tho.

I know how u feel about Arteta and I know u won’t spare him when any avenue to voice ur displeasure about him being our coach materialize ; but I need u to look at the bigger picture in this particular situation.

We had a very much depleted squad which is solely due to the mismanagement at the top level of the club. I was here ringing it how our midfield is going to be a ghost town going forward with just Lokonga being the natural CM/DM available for selection. I was alarmed at how our midfield was overrun that day . Maybe it was inexperience + desperation that made Arteta introduce Partey but u should know the club management with their irrational decisions placed Arteta at that spot to make a decision, unfortunately he made the wrong one.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
BlueRayDick:

If Partey did take the second yellow as a means of relieving himself of duty , then u should know that’s unprofessional conduct. Well , not like I’m buying that narrative tho.

I know how u feel about Arteta and I know u won’t spare him when any avenue to voice ur displeasure about him being our coach materialize ; but I need u to look at the bigger picture in this particular situation.

We had a very much depleted squad which is solely due to the mismanagement at the top level of the club. I was here ringing it how our midfield is going to be a ghost town going forward with just Lokonga being the natural CM/DM available for selection. I was alarmed at how our midfield was overrun that day . Maybe it was inexperience + desperation that made Arteta introduce Partey but u should know the club management with their irrational decisions placed Arteta at that spot to make a decision, unfortunately he made the wrong one.
It was wrong because Partey got a red. But his introduction actually added bite to the midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
Obviously Tomi was fit yet and this mofos used him on Thursday
If he start losing form now they will start calling him clown
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
BlueRayDick:

One thing I hope many of us stop doing is making conclusions about respective positions of people who hold strong positions about certain issues. Just because I don’t like Arteta shouldn’t render any argument about him irrelevant. To me, it is an easy out for people who think differently about him when they engage me. I personally read the opinions of whomever I engage irrespective of their positions and try to see the substance that may not be related to their original position about the coach or a player.

You don’t necessarily have to defend Arteta even when he is obviously wrong. Also you don’t have to conclude my position about Partey playing the game is because I don’t like Arteta. I would hold the same position if it was Wenger that did that mistake. The truth is, Partey had no business playing that game and the result (red card) was a fair consequence of that irrational decision.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
Roland17:

One thing I hope many of us stop doing is making conclusions about respective positions of people who hold strong positions about certain issues. Just because I don’t like Arteta shouldn’t render any argument about him irrelevant. To me, it is an easy out for people who think differently about him when they engage me. I personally read the opinions of whomever I engage irrespective of their positions and try to see the substance that may not be related to their original position about the coach or a player.

You don’t necessarily have to defend Arteta even when he is obviously wrong. Also you don’t have to conclude my position about Partey playing the game is because I don’t like Arteta. I would hold the same position if it was Wenger that did that mistake. The truth is, Partey had no business playing that game and the result (red card) was a fair consequence of that irrational decision.
you're right about partey, i'm 100% with you on this.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
We have to stop conceding these set pieces.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
looking at our bench will certainly convince even the devil that we need some january signings. see as pikin full everywhere

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
germaphobe:
looking at our bench will certainly convince even the devil that we need some january signings. see as pikin full everywhere

Brother , exactly my thought, nobody to even sub and change the game.

We need a striker urgently and Sambi remind me of Diaby no single energy. We need to look at the kind of midfielders we buy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
johnjunior39:

Brother , exactly my thought, nobody to even sub and change the game.

We need a striker urgently and Sambi remind me of Diaby no single energy. We need to look at the kind of midfielders we buy
Th14 should just stick to his pundit gig
He knows nothing about scouting or managing, I remembered he hyped this sambi huu5
ESR is playing rubbish ever since he's back in the team as a starter
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Th14 should just stick to his pundit gig
He knows nothing about scouting or managing, I remembered he hyped this sambi huu5
ESR is playing rubbish ever since he's back in the team as a starter

Every body is playing rubbish, I think the team is jaded. One clear advantage of a big team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
Cross and nod against Burnley, really? These guys are taller, quite disciplined and aerially dominant. Can we try attacking from the middle or keeping crosses low?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lacazette lost an open net o, but if Na Auba agenda go begin .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
Roland17:

Arteta used Partey because we have mismanagement of players at the top hierarchy level. He used Partey because he was the only option available to him when he saw how midfield was being overrun . This doesn’t mean I support his inclusion in the team , it just mean I say things as I see them.

Let the club management bring in more quality players and let’s see if Arteta will still be that foolish to bring in a fatigued player hoping he will bring in something different
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
How did we go from an over bloated squad at the start of the season to this?

Worse still, we did not compete in Europe this season, but somehow, we are very thin at the most pivotal stage of the season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
Roland17:

Worse still, we did not compete in Europe this season, but somehow, we are very thin at the most pivotal stage of the season.

With useless players, our oversized team was more of defenders, 4 strikers that cannot even score 20 goals together
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KingAlabi: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jodera good evening cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
Roland17:

We didn't have a bloated squad, we just had lots of defenders, few midfielders and just 3 wingers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) ... (3482) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.