Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2332071 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2013
proudlysports: Remember Flamoney sorry Flamini? Well he's doing an Arnold Schwazzeneger cheesycheesy

seriously?

wow.... other than the fact that he was a bit of an arsehole when he wanted to leave and he prolly ain't that good anymore......... . he is sha a signing.

Hey pls, guys who know how to track all these stats things, pls post the net transfer spend for arsenal in the last 3 years vs the CL group stage income arsenal made in the last 3 years.....

just heard some funny gist that the CL group stage income is what funds the transfers solely and thats why they dont spend until they confirm that the club will participate.

Been arguing that can't be accurate, the 5 Player Final day spend was about 40 million.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2013
^^ Clearly it isn't true, and you won't get much help from the stats either because we don't have a season in the past 3 that Arsenal failed to qualify for the CL group stages.

You would need to have a season where Arsenal did not qualify in order to prove that theory.

Net Spend
12/13: -£3.4m
11/12: -£11.77m
10/11: +£10.82m

CL Revenue (group stages)
12/13: £27m
11/12: £25m
10/11: £27m

As you can see - there's no correlation.

The only correlation you may see (if you look hard enough) is on player sales - we've previously tended to spend big when we sell players and make large profits, but even this may not show up in net spend figures.

This is why the new Emirates deal and kit deal, plus increased tv revenues should provide far greater income to spend on transfers from this point onward - if the club chooses to spend that is.

PS - the figures above only include revenue from UEFA - match day income from 3 group games is approx £8m and that can be added on to the figures.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Osadhody: For that economist man(Arsene Wenger)mind he will think his team is now ok,without knowing that they are just like eyimba

Stop chatting bollocks, Enyimba are two times Champions League winners in their Continent.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kcjazz(m): 11:43am On Aug 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

seriously?

wow.... other than the fact that he was a bit of an arsehole when he wanted to leave and he prolly ain't that good anymore......... . he is sha a signing.

Hey pls, guys who know how to track all these stats things, pls post the net transfer spend for arsenal in the last 3 years vs the CL group stage income arsenal made in the last 3 years.....

just heard some funny gist that the CL group stage income is what funds the transfers solely and thats why they dont spend until they confirm that the club will participate.

Been arguing that can't be accurate, the 5 Player Final day spend was about 40 million.....

Not true. AFC is a well run club. Spurs or Liverpool or even Stoke have spent more in the past 3 seasons even though they are not in CL. Plus you can buy a 100 million player today but the truth is the payment is installments. We stick with our strategy and as soon as incomes improve we open up the purse a little
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
yup. thanks.

just won a 5k bet.

a link please @ debosky
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Na angel di maria we won buy now??http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/4207215
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Arsenal for life. It is a long distance race not 100 meters. We don't engage in short-termism. grin
funny
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
I want Arsenal to win so that all would be nice and dandy and forget to make any signings
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
^^^ yeah right grin grin

Fulham...tough customers but playing away from the Emirates should take the pressure away from the boys

Kos maybe out but we've got the rest of the backline fit and available which is a good thing. Wenger made a funny statement about Sagna playing CB. He said, you'ld have to travel very far to find a better CB than Sagna. Interesting.

We should see Jenko, Bac, Per and Gibbs tomorrow. I suspect we will start Monreal as Gibbs has played two games this week and the last one with an 'injury'. But then, we've got an 'easy' game on Tuesday so we may reserve Monreal for that one.

Midfield is a bit predictable with Arteta and Chambo still out. Cazorla, Ramsey, Rosicky should retain their spots with Jack on stand by. I don't see AW risking any of the young 'uns against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Like the midfield, we are also short upfront and unless AW decides to risk Gnabry, we would start with Theo, Giroud and Podolski. AW has informed us Ryo will be a part of the first team this season, we may just see him tomorrow.

Our team is really short and we need to make signings really soon. Good thing we've made things easy in the CL else we would have had to play the same team in 4 matches over 2 weeks.

Szczesny, Per, Bac, Jenko, Gibbs, Ramsey, Rosicky/Jack, Cazorla, Theo, Giroud, Poldi

This team should be able to get at worst a draw at Craven Cottage. I don't know how fatigued the players are from Wednesday's game and this may play a big factor in tomorrow's game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
4llerbuntu: yup. thanks.

just won a 5k bet.

a link please @ debosky

Check out Swiss Ramble's blog for CL revenue - his latest Arsenal post, and transfermarkt.co.uk for net transfer spend.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
Arsene Wenger on Arsenal transfer failings:
"You try to go out with a girl and she chooses someone else"

awww.. cheesy cheesy
The guy needs a huggg...

I'm sure he'll get plenty from our new 'signings'
See AW showing his hands so noone would come and sue him tomorrow for straying hands cheesy

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSYOGw_IUAAq3oL.jpg:large[/img]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbulela: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Arsene Wenger is taking this thing too personal.

"I don't want to speak in detail about that," Wenger said. "It's not the moment. One day, why not? I've just said it's over. We have to get on with our lives. You seem to know as much as I know about the situation so I don't think we need for me to clarify that. You've certainly tried to go out with a girl and find she has chosen someone else. You don't commit suicide."

Wenger's dating analogy was a nod towards Real's anticipated bid for Suárez; the Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, said on Thursday that he expected the Spanish club to make a move before the closure of the transfer window. Arsenal hope that Real are successful, as this could, in turn, allow them to sign Benzema, who is a long-time Wenger target. Suárez would like to join Real.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tonydoes: 2:12am On Aug 24, 2013
Wenger is pushing this team to the absolute limit of their sanity and it may work in either one of two ways..(1) the team somehow picks three points against fulham, experience a massive injection of self belief and confidence and go on to be even stronger when the new arrivals come in OR (2)Lose to Fulham have the little confidence Wednesday gave them shot to pieces and let their heads drop as they find themselves 9points behind in the title race with only 2 games played!.. embarassed Squeaky bum time indeed

check out my match preview on http://gidigooner..com/
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2013

The transfer market starts for me now and a lot of activity will happen between now and September 2. From August 21 until September 2 you have 12 days, so a lot will happen. It starts now.
I've been trying to get my head around this statement. Why would any coach with purpose have this kind of thought?
Well , 12 minus three and counting
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Isn't it obvious that Rosicky is the lucky charm at Arsenal?

How come everytime Rosicky replaces Wilshere in the central midfield position, Arsenal start winning games consistently?

One might be tempted to tell Wilshere to keep calm head like Rosicky in that position, instead of too much gra gra,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
edoyad:
I've been trying to get my head around this statement. Why would any coach with purpose have this kind of thought?
Well , 12 minus three and counting

Give the man some credit. He has managed to negotiate 3 months without spending a dime and has even saved money from wages.

A few more days and he would have practically made whatever was supposed to be the transfer budget as "profit".

The man is a bloody genius. Its a good thing the team has now won 2 games. Like they say "crises? What crises?"

When supersport analysed the game at halftime and showed the defending...... blood of jisox.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Ibime: One might be tempted to tell Wilshere to keep calm head like Rosicky in that position, instead of too much gra gra,

I tell people Wilsheres game is mostly gra gra which impresses English folks but wont succeed in the continent
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
We've just not found the right position for Wilshere yet. He is very skillful and has got an eye for a pass. But I agree, he needs to calm down a bit but maybe that will come eventually.

Good game today. Bent gets his customary goal against Arsenal. Szczesny made saves when he was called upon and the defense did well overall. Kos should be back on Tuesday so maybe Sagna can get his rest for next week's crunch tie.

Ramsey - well deserved man of the match. So far, a good substitute for Arteta. At this rate, Arteta may find it hard to get his spot back in the team cheesy

Good first half for Rosicky, slowed down a bit but he's 33 so its understandable.
Santi is back!

Sanogo would have scored a goal had Wilshere passed the ball to him instead of Theo but he'l get his chance on Tuesday.

Overall, 3 points +2 goals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
Yosha! We're up and running, could have done without conceding though. Onward and forward Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kashmo: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
dayokanu:

I tell people Wilsheres game is mostly gra gra which impresses English folks but wont succeed in the continent
Ibime: Isn't it obvious that Rosicky is the lucky charm at Arsenal?

How come everytime Rosicky replaces Wilshere in the central midfield position, Arsenal start winning games consistently?

One might be tempted to tell Wilshere to keep calm head like Rosicky in that position, instead of too much gra gra,

Y'all need to relax, abeg. It's well-known he's got the skill set, but he may be lacking in confidence due to time spent on the sideline. Also, for a 21-year-old dude that plays centrally, he's bound to have brain farts in some matches! He will come good, and I don't mind his gra gra as long as it adds bite to the midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
proudlysports:

Sanogo would have scored a goal had Wilshere passed the ball to him instead of Theo but he'l get his chance on Tuesday.

Overall, 3 points +2 goals.

overall +3, 0 GD

good game.. important to get a win, they tried playing in the rain and i thought they would crack when bent came in

podo 2nd gol settled d game

\still not convinced...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
Ibime: Isn't it obvious that Rosicky is the lucky charm at Arsenal?

Rosicky almost never plays CM. What games have you been watching?

dayokanu:

Mostly gra gra? You need a new TV... Wilshere is already proven "in the continent".
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
ritchboy:

Rosicky almost never plays CM. What games have you been watching?

Mostly gra gra? You need a new TV... Wilshere is already proven "in the continent"
Which continent Africa or Asia? because its certainly not Europe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lalaboi(m): 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
A-40:

Which continent? Africa or Asia because its certainly not Europe

The continent of Akukulubamba!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
A-40:

Which continent Africa or Asia? because its certainly not Europe

One good game is enough to prove yourself on the continent if you are an Arsenal player.

Don't you know Wilshere and Oxlade became "proven in the continent" after the clashes with Barca and Milan respectively?

At Chelsea, we have players who have produced several times in latter stages of Champions League that we are still trying to chase out of the club with sticks and stones.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
Wilshere on current fom shouldn't be starting games - his passing and control is still very lax, either leading us to concede possession, yellow cards or leaves you open for unnecessary injuries.

He was the worst player on the pitch (apart from Koscielny) against Villa. But it is haram to criticise Wilshere in the Wnglish press, so much so that they were still calling him the 'saviour' of Arsenal when he barely featured in the Final run of games for CL qualification.

I'm sure he will be a vital player for us this season, he just needs to regain his sharpness and focus.

What difference a week makes - Santi was exhausted, poor in possession last weekend, but showed us the real Santi today.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
Ibime:

One good game is enough to prove yourself in the continent if you are an Arsenal player.

Don't you know Wilshere and Oxlade became "proven in the continent" after the clashes with Barca and Milan respectively?

At Chelsea, we have players who have produced several times in latter stages of Champions League that we are still trying to chase out of the club with sticks and stones.
Looool proving yourself must have another meaning! How can players who are yet to cross the 2nd rd of a competition claim to have proven themselves on any level? They are barely proven in the EPL never mind Europe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 10:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Suddenly, Wilshere becomes the worst midfielder in Europe. God punish all of you. Thunder fire una
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Was wondering if Dayo with his crew has finished with their music for the weekend?

Where is Chamotex the instrument curator?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tonydoes: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2013
Brilliant performance from the Lads!!! outclassed Fulham by miles Match review here http://gidigooner..com/ comments and criticisms very welcome... C'mon Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
good news at last

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
I refuse to get sucked in to a discussion with a band of m0rons who think Rosicky plays CM and Gundogan is quicker than Ramires tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (3519) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.