Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,163 members, 7,867,382 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2366106 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3147) (3148) (3149) (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) ... (3553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:56am On Aug 07, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

Yen yen yen
Behave not everyone will take such languages
If na me and other person they can take it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Behave not everyone will take such languages
If na me and other person they can take it
yen yen yen

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

yen yen yen
Those milf dan fry your brain give you chop😡😡
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
Is this picture real

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Is this picture real
E fit be.
I read that Turner is already on his way to Forest and with the way our Social media handle dey delay to do things, then there might be some truth in it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Those milf dan fry your brain give you chop😡😡
No evidence!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jodera:
E fit be.
I read that Turner is already on his way to Forest and with the way our Social media handle dey delay to do things, then there might be some truth in it
Yes I also read Raya is in Colney already and you are right about turner
Those America deals were to improve our franchise no be say we like America players if you add 2 of em together them no reach 15m that we buy them grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

No evidence!!!!
You no get sense aje 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Those America deals were to improve our franchise no be say we like America players if you add 2 of em together them no reach 15m that we buy them grin grin grin

This our club ehn….

The Kreonkes dey buy their fellow Americans, Edu dey buy his fellow Brazilians , e remain make Arteta begin buy him own Spaniards grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This our club ehn….

The Kreonkes dey buy their fellow Americans, Edu dey buy his fellow Brazilians , e remain make Arteta begin buy him own Spaniards grin
funny enough na English players con plenty for the squad
Even for wengay regime na french players much arteta fit they plan him own sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
Spy360:

There was. Timber was to invert and Rice moved up. I saw the attempt several times but due to the 4-4-2 Pep used it allowed Walker to take up advanced positions thereby forcing Timber to stay put.

It worked for them because Rodri and Kovacic were very mobile in midfield and controlled it especially early in the game.

Havertz was then forced to drop into midfield like Odegaard so that we can control it. We obviously played without a striker.
Bro...so you think Arteta would plan for Timber to invert against City?! A new team? A new system? No bro. Havertz didn't drop deep, he was played as a 9 to provide an aerial outlet for our direct buildup.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jodera:
E fit be.
He should kukuma stay put after signing for Forest since his first game will be at the Emirates. Make he no waste tfare grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

grin grin grin

But having Two great Keepers sha (in Raya and Ramsdale), I no know how e wan take work.

It couldn't work with Ter Stegen/Bravo for Barca
It couldn't work for Leno/Martinez for Arsenal.

I'm still looking for clubs that have two great Keepers and It worked for them in keeping both happy.

It'll be interesting to see how Arteta manages them
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
mostob:
He should kukuma stay put after signing for Forest since his first game will be at the Emirates. Make he no waste tfare grin grin

True talk oo.

After match, make him just join their team bus dey enter Forest with them grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:59am On Aug 08, 2023
To those bots saying match was boring that's tactics playing here
If arteta can continue to improve in his tactics I will soon join his ship
For apari to remove haaland in that minute Omo water dan pass garri
If kaikai want to continue in front he must be ruthless which I am sure arteta will talk to him about

https://twitter.com/MT_Analysis/status/1688538922790600704?t=O_rUxsVD8lWpKforOfAuoQ&s=19
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2023
Jodera:
grin grin grin

But having Two great Keepers sha (in Raya and Ramsdale), I no know how e wan take work.

I'm still looking for clubs that have two great Keepers and It worked for them in keeping both happy.

None of these examples of keepers you listed were great na
Ter stegen is good but was second choice to neuer
Leno own worse he was never considered ahead of trapp
Bravo is a clown at best
No body knows Martinez until after our fa cup triumph
My conclusion these keepers are good only Ter stegen was above average the rest were average at their best
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:13am On Aug 08, 2023
iamoyindamola:

None of these examples of keepers you listed were great na
Ter stegen is good but was second choice to neuer
Leno own worse he was never considered ahead of trapp
Bravo is a clown at best
No body knows Martinez until after our fa cup triumph
My conclusion these keepers are good only Ter stegen was above average the rest were average at their best
Lol, I was Specific na.. I wasn't talking about their countries, so the issue of Neuer or Trapp shouldn't have come up

I said Ter Stegen/Bravo for Barca..
Ter Stegen was a very highly rated GK (I think from Leverkusen) when Barca bought him even though they had a very very good number 1 in Bravo.

Same thing with Leno/Martinez, as well as Leno/Ramsdale for Arsenal

And when I mean great, I simply meant that both Keepers are good enough to be number one in any top club.

It's just like Liverpool buying Ederson. Allison would never agree to be benched one bit. Once he does gets benched, the next thing is to look for another club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2023
Jodera:
Lol, I was Specific na.. I wasn't talking about their countries, so the issue of Neuer or Trapp shouldn't have come up

I said Ter Stegen/Bravo for Barca..
Ter Stegen was a very highly rated GK (I think from Leverkusen) when Barca bought him even though they had a very very good number 1 in Bravo.

Same thing with Leno/Martinez, as well as Leno/Ramsdale for Arsenal

And when I mean great, I simply meant that both Keepers are good enough to be number one in any top club.

It's just like Liverpool buying Ederson. Allison would never agree to be benched one bit. Once he does gets benched, the next thing is to look for another club
Leno, Martinez and bravo all went to lower clubs compare to the clubs they left which are not top clubs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:22am On Aug 08, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Leno, Martinez and bravo all went to lower clubs compare to the clubs they left which are not top clubs
... Except Bravo tho who went to Man city.

But you're making my point. No good keeper would want to stay as second choice when he can easily get first choice as a number 1 in another club.

If Raya replaces Ramsdale this season (for example), I doubt Ramsdale (with the pedigree he has acquired in EPL) would want to sit and compete, instead he'll look for another club where he'll be guaranteed number 1 spot even if it's a lower club.

GKs competing for one spot is a whole lot different from Outfield players competing for one spot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2023
My Thoughts On Yesterday's Game

1.. Arteta Learnt His Lesson From Last Season:
It's good to see Arteta didn't go Gung-ho or toe-to-toe against this Man city side as against last season where we were looking to take the game to them and suffered severely for it. Yesterday, we were very very conservative and looking to hit them on the break while our defence was rock solid. The pivot of Rice and Partey were good in intercepting and tackling in midfield, which made Man city got restricted to few clear cut chances in the first half especially while we were able to create quality chances of our own.
Hopefully, he sticks to this pragmatic approach when we're facing Man city home or away this season.

2. Ramsdale:
He was really exceptional ystdy as he made three outstanding saves in the second half to keep hope alive in the game. Amazingly stopped a penalty too for that matter(back to back matches). Arteta said they've been working on him in catching penalties and so far, it's been proving to be yielding result.
......But, I was not really impressed with his distribution ystdy especially when he had to go long. Needlessly gave the balls away to Man city which mostly piled the pressure on us. I'm one of the believer of him being a good ball distributor and I just hope ystdy Is just an offday for him in that aspect. But aside that, a really great game from him.

3. Havertz:
Center forward is the only place I see him as less of a liability in this arsenal's setup even though I was displeased seeing him start over more credible regulars (Trossard or Nketiah).
I was not really impressed with his game ystdy as his off the ball duties was evident. Gave Man city defenders time and space on the ball to effectively build out from the back which piled the pressure on us most times. Odegaard sometimes have to start the pressing and on few occasions motioned for him to press. (Only on one situation that he really pressed and we won the ball to kick-start a quick attack)
His on the ball duties was just good in phases. Sometimes, it's head scratching as he would lose the ball on any slight pressure, on a very few times he'll hold the ball well and give a recycled pass. Even his misses were in phases also (one good and one bad)

4. Trossard is too good for the bench:
He's the only one with X factor, most times when all hope are lost. Right from last season, he's the only one who's trying to force a goal most times when we're trailing and be did same ystdy. I believe another person in his position would have been looking to cross that ball into the box instead of taking a shot when there's a space for goalbound shot. Statistically, the team tends to score more goals with him as a CF whenever he starts.
This brings me to Martinelli. I noticed he hardly takes all these routine curling shots at the edge of the box most wingers are known for (eg Palmer's goal) and the few times he'll try it, it's never accurate. My hope is that he work on this cos that can mostly be the difference between drawing and winning or losing and winning.

5. I'm hoping that ESR sees more game time and opportunities this season and Kudos to our defensive line, they really marshalled Man City's attack well prior to the introduction of Kdb.

Great game, great win. Nice 🏆🏆🏆
Unto the new season and unto Forest

COYG!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
Mikel Arteta has won every single time he’s been at Wembley while representing The Arsenal as a player and manager.

On a little side note, the Champions League 2024 final is being held at Wembley.

Never say Never 🤔

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
mostob:
Bro...so you think Arteta would plan for Timber to invert against City?! A new team? A new system? No bro. Havertz didn't drop deep, he was played as a 9 to provide an aerial outlet for our direct buildup.
All wrong.

First of all, Arteta always loves a back three. He loves the back three of Gabriel, Saliba and White.
Secondly, If Arteta did not plan for Timber to invert then he would not have started him on LB and White would not have played RB. Tierney would have been a better option at LB and Timber on RB. In the second half he brought in Tierney and Trossard to match the City formation in an all attacking formation.

As for Havertz, yes the plan was for him to play as a false 9. But when Man City appeared in the shape 4-4-2, everything changed. The presence of Alvarez and Haaland both pressing Gabriel and Saliba plus Walker and Akanji playing high up the pitch did not allow for the invertion. Timber could no longer invert as he wanted and Havertz had to drop to join Odegaard so that both of them can press at the same time.

It's a testimony of how far the team has developed so as to adjust shape during the game without it affecting their quality. When the game started, Man City easily dominated because Timber wanted to invert and Rice wanted to move up to join Odegaard in the press. But when they saw they were losing possession, the shape shifted and Rice dropped to join Partey to form a double pivot to stop Rodri and Kovacic, while Havertz dropped to assist Odegaard in the press to block their two CBs.
From...
.............................. Havertz.............................
Martinelli.... Rice............... Odegaard... Saka
............... Timber.............. Partey.....................
Gabriel.................. Saliba..................... White

To...

Martinelli... Havertz.... Odegaard.... Saka
.............. Rice......................... Partey............
Timber....... Gabriel....... Saliba........ White

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
Jodera:
grin grin grin

Na when injury happen you go know. Two is always better than one.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
Jodera:
... Except Bravo tho who went to Man city.

But you're making my point. No good keeper would want to stay as second choice when he can easily get first choice as a number 1 in another club.

If Raya replaces Ramsdale this season (for example), I doubt Ramsdale (with the pedigree he has acquired in EPL) would want to sit and compete, instead he'll look for another club where he'll be guaranteed number 1 spot even if it's a lower club.

GKs competing for one spot is a whole lot different from Outfield players competing for one spot
We now have a very good squad that is expected go far in every competition. There will be over 50games to play. One keeper can focus on cups while the other on PL. Then when injury or red card happens, or when any of them starts to misbehave like Ramsdale last season, no problems.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
Spy360:

Na when injury happen you go know. Two is always better than one.
Injury hardly happens to Keepers.

Like I said, they're are a lot different from Outfield players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
Spy360:

We now have a very good squad that is expected go far in every competition. There will be over 50games to play. One keeper can focus on cups while the other on PL. Then when injury or red card happens, or when any of them starts to misbehave like Ramsdale last season, no problems.

If you look at my quote well, you'll notice I'm not against two good GKs but I'm just interested to see how long Raya or Ramsdale would want to be comfortable with being a second choice.

Here are my reasons why GK second choice always suffer esp if you're in a top club

1. GK can play upto 100 games a season and the issue of a GK being fatigued will never crop up

2. Most GK hardly have injury. Like I said previously, a GK can go even up to 5yrs without having one Injury.

3. No GK that's keeping in a top club would want to share any duties when UCL is involved. Ramsdale for example would want to showcase his talent in Europe as well as EPL. In fact, I can even go further to say, Most top teams never use two different GK for UCL and league. The only team that did it was Barca and it was only one season, the next season Bravo was sold cos Ter Stegen complained that he wasn't comfortable with Keeping only in the league

4.. Both Raya and Ramsdale are second/third choice GKs respectively in their country and they'll need consistent performances in league to maintain hope that they can be acknowledged. Sitting on the bench would certainly do no justice to that.

What's even surprising is that even Pep that's known for stocking quality known players in every position didn't do that in Gk area.

Well, lemme see how it'll play out but my guess is that if Raya eventually comes, Ramsdale time-up at arsenal might be nearer than we think
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Spy360:

All wrong.

First of all, Arteta always loves a back three. He loves the back three of Gabriel, Saliba and White.
Secondly, If Arteta did not plan for Timber to invert then he would not have started him on LB and White would not have played RB. Tierney would have been a better option at LB and Timber on RB. In the second half he brought in Tierney and Trossard to match the City formation in an all attacking formation.

As for Havertz, yes the plan was for him to play as a false 9. But when Man City appeared in the shape 4-4-2, everything changed. The presence of Alvarez and Haaland both pressing Gabriel and Saliba plus Walker and Akanji playing high up the pitch did not allow for the invertion. Timber could no longer invert as he wanted and Havertz had to drop to join Odegaard so that both of them can press at the same time.

It's a testimony of how far the team has developed so as to adjust shape during the game without it affecting their quality. When the game started, Man City easily dominated because Timber wanted to invert and Rice wanted to move up to join Odegaard in the press. But when they saw they were losing possession, the shape shifted and Rice dropped to join Partey to form a double pivot to stop Rodri and Kovacic, while Havertz dropped to assist Odegaard in the press to block their two CBs.
From...
.............................. Havertz.............................
Martinelli.... Rice............... Odegaard... Saka
............... Timber.............. Partey.....................
Gabriel.................. Saliba..................... White

To...

Martinelli... Havertz.... Odegaard.... Saka
.............. Rice......................... Partey............
Timber....... Gabriel....... Saliba........ White
Go check EBL's thread on Twitter. I think his explanation should be enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2023
Jodera:
My Thoughts On Yesterday's Game

1.. Arteta Learnt His Lesson From Last Season:
It's good to see Arteta didn't go Gung-ho or toe-to-toe against this Man city side as against last season where we were looking to take the game to them and suffered severely for it. Yesterday, we were very very conservative and looking to hit them on the break while our defence was rock solid. The pivot of Rice and Partey were good in intercepting and tackling in midfield, which made Man city got restricted to few clear cut chances in the first half especially while we were able to create quality chances of our own.
Hopefully, he sticks to this pragmatic approach when we're facing Man city home or away this season.

2. Ramsdale:
He was really exceptional ystdy as he made three outstanding saves in the second half to keep hope alive in the game. Amazingly stopped a penalty too for that matter(back to back matches). Arteta said they've been working on him in catching penalties and so far, it's been proving to be yielding result.
......But, I was not really impressed with his distribution ystdy especially when he had to go long. Needlessly gave the balls away to Man city which mostly piled the pressure on us. I'm one of the believer of him being a good ball distributor and I just hope ystdy Is just an offday for him in that aspect. But aside that, a really great game from him.

3. Havertz:
Center forward is the only place I see him as less of a liability in this arsenal's setup even though I was displeased seeing him start over more credible regulars (Trossard or Nketiah).
I was not really impressed with his game ystdy as his off the ball duties was evident. Gave Man city defenders time and space on the ball to effectively build out from the back which piled the pressure on us most times. Odegaard sometimes have to start the pressing and on few occasions motioned for him to press. (Only on one situation that he really pressed and we won the ball to kick-start a quick attack)
His on the ball duties was just good in phases. Sometimes, it's head scratching as he would lose the ball on any slight pressure, on a very few times he'll hold the ball well and give a recycled pass. Even his misses were in phases also (one good and one bad)

4. Trossard is too good for the bench:
He's the only one with X factor, most times when all hope are lost. Right from last season, he's the only one who's trying to force a goal most times when we're trailing and be did same ystdy. I believe another person in his position would have been looking to cross that ball into the box instead of taking a shot when there's a space for goalbound shot. Statistically, the team tends to score more goals with him as a CF whenever he starts.
This brings me to Martinelli. I noticed he hardly takes all these routine curling shots at the edge of the box most wingers are known for (eg Palmer's goal) and the few times he'll try it, it's never accurate. My hope is that he work on this cos that can mostly be the difference between drawing and winning or losing and winning.

5. I'm hoping that ESR sees more game time and opportunities this season and Kudos to our defensive line, they really marshalled Man City's attack well prior to the introduction of Kdb.

Great game, great win. Nice
Unto the new season and unto Forest

COYG!!!
Nice analysis. As for that number 3, our game plan was not to press individually but to block the passing lanes from their defence. In short, our pressing was more about positioning and shadow-marking. I think Havertz did his job perfectly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hi Guys! Been forever.

Are y'all ready for the new formation MA is bringing to town?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
daveP:
Hi Guys! Been forever.

Which formation is that

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2023
mostob:
Nice analysis. As for that number 3, our game plan was not to press individually but to block the passing lanes from their defence. In short, our pressing was more about positioning and shadow-marking. I think Havertz did his job perfectly.
Hmmm....
Blocking passing lanes and shadow marking?

Well, lemme just believe that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
daveP:
Hi Guys! Been forever.

Longest time here.

Welcome back 😉🙂

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3147) (3148) (3149) (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) ... (3553) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.