Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,653 members, 7,844,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2346463 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3148) (3149) (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) (3154) ... (3542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
So it’s going to be a long battle between Ramsdale and Raya.

No wam! 😎

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:54pm On Aug 08, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Which formation is that

As Harvest and Co are new arrivals, the formation vs City is one for use consequently. There's no spot on the previous formation that KH can fit into. That's enough to know only a diff formation can accommodate him, esp as MA kinda likes him that much.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
Jodera:
Longest time here.

Welcome back 😉🙂

Personally, i no fancy all these pre-season matches. I stopped the season we had one poor pre-season and still went on to have a great season, while London blues beat everyone during pre-season and went on to have an abysmal season. 😆😆

This is ours to lose once again. Let's see how we will move, especially as Saudi don water down Europe in a way.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:00am On Aug 09, 2023
daveP:

Personally, i no fancy all these pre-season matches. I stopped the season we had one poor pre-season and still went on to have a great season, while London blues beat everyone during pre-season and went on to have an abysmal season. 😆😆

This is ours to lose once again. Let's see how we will move, especially as Saudi don water down Europe in a way.

Naahhhh, me too, I don't know when last I watched a preseason game. Na main season be the Koko

Hopefully, Arteta and the boys will push this team one position higher than last season cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:22am On Aug 09, 2023
Jodera:
Naahhhh, me too, I don't know when last I watched a preseason game. Na main season be the Koko

Hopefully, Arteta and the boys will push this team one position higher than last season cool

Plus all the comical things they do during the game steals the seriousness or fun. Like The pk after 90mins😆

Then in a way, other teams are rebuilding now. We have for 2 seasons with discipline. The onus lies on us. I expect Saka will be double figures this time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:36am On Aug 09, 2023
daveP:

Plus all the comical things they do during the game steals the seriousness or fun. Like The pk after 90mins😆

Then in a way, other teams are rebuilding now. We have for 2 seasons with discipline. The onus lies on us. I expect Saka will be double figures this time.

Yeah, we're ahead of many others in terms of rebuilding as we're well in our strengthening stage. I just hope we capitalise on it effectively

As for the bolded, what double figures are you talking about or do you mean 20+ goals?

Cos last I knew, Saka have been hitting double figures for the past two seasons now grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:32am On Aug 09, 2023
Jodera:

Yeah, we're ahead of many others in terms of rebuilding as we're well in our strengthening stage. I just hope we capitalise on it effectively

As for the bolded, what double figures are you talking about or do you mean 20+ goals?

Cos last I knew, Saka have been hitting double figures for the past two seasons now grin
G/A doubles of Igwe style
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:17am On Aug 09, 2023
Raya is here we go
Medical today, Brentford are making massive profit from 2.8 to 30m
Mostob this one na real MMM
I read spuds and Chelsea had 30m+ rejected but arsenal were able to complete the deal in between 30m
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:22am On Aug 09, 2023
Jodera:

If you look at my quote well, you'll notice I'm not against two good GKs but I'm just interested to see how long Raya or Ramsdale would want to be comfortable with being a second choice.

Here are my reasons why GK second choice always suffer esp if you're in a top club

1. GK can play upto 100 games a season and the issue of a GK being fatigued will never crop up

2. Most GK hardly have injury. Like I said previously, a GK can go even up to 5yrs without having one Injury.

3. No GK that's keeping in a top club would want to share any duties when UCL is involved. Ramsdale for example would want to showcase his talent in Europe as well as EPL. In fact, I can even go further to say, Most top teams never use two different GK for UCL and league. The only team that did it was Barca and it was only one season, the next season Bravo was sold cos Ter Stegen complained that he wasn't comfortable with Keeping only in the league

4.. Both Raya and Ramsdale are second/third choice GKs respectively in their country and they'll need consistent performances in league to maintain hope that they can be acknowledged. Sitting on the bench would certainly do no justice to that.

What's even surprising is that even Pep that's known for stocking quality known players in every position didn't do that in Gk area.

Well, lemme see how it'll play out but my guess is that if Raya eventually comes, Ramsdale time-up at arsenal might be nearer than we think

Your reasons are Ok but they are based on unfounded hypothesis.

Assuming both of them are the top keepers in their NT, that would have been a genuine excuse but both are basically mid range quality. They will share the responsibility and they will fight for dominance. The end result will be good for both player and club.

If Ramsdale starts PL, Raya will be the sub in case or injury or red card which do happen.

If Raya starts the CL, Ramsdale is on the bench as backup.

I remember when Liverpool had a GK issue ahead of the CL finals and lost because the GK was poor. Remind me that year.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Raya is here we go
I read spuds and Chelsea had 30m+ rejected but arsenal were able to complete the deal in between 30m
Brentford considers Spuds and Chelsea as direct rivals to European slots. 😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:44am On Aug 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Raya is here we go
Real Ponzi scheme bro grin grin

The guy's heart already set on Arsenal so other clubs don't have a chance.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:55am On Aug 09, 2023
daveP:
G/A doubles of Igwe style
Lol... E no go bad grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:58am On Aug 09, 2023
Spy360:

Assuming both of them are the top keepers in their NT, that would have been a genuine excuse but both are basically mid range quality. They will share the responsibility and they will fight for dominance. The end result will be good for both player and club.

If Ramsdale starts PL, Raya will be the sub in case or injury or red card which do happen.

I remember when Liverpool had a GK issue ahead of the CL finals and lost because the GK was poor. Remind me that year.
It'll be interesting to see if Raya starts UCL and Ramsdale starts EPL. Make we deh see how it unfolds.

But I wholly disagree with the fact that Ramsdale is mid range. This same Ramsdale mid range?

Calm down na embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2023
Jodera:

It'll be interesting to see if Raya starts UCL and Ramsdale starts EPL. Make we deh see how it unfolds.

But I wholly disagree with the fact that Ramsdale is mid range. This same Ramsdale mid range?

Calm down na embarassed
He may improve but for now he is mid range. Top GK are like Donaruma, Allison, Elderson, etc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2023
Spy360:

He may improve but for now he is mid range. Top GK are like Donaruma, Allison, Elderson, etc.
He might not be a WC goalkeeper but he's certainly a top goalkeeper especially considering EPL.

I'm surprised seeing you calling him mid range.

Same Ramsdale most of us dey praise for here since his debut fa? embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 09, 2023
Jodera:
grin grin grin

But having Two great Keepers sha (in Raya and Ramsdale), I no know how e wan take work.

It couldn't work with Ter Stegen/Bravo for Barca
It couldn't work for Leno/Martinez for Arsenal.

I'm still looking for clubs that have two great Keepers and It worked for them in keeping both happy.

It'll be interesting to see how Arteta manages them
It can work

Give one cup (UCL, EFL, FA) responsibility
Give the other EPL responsibility.

I don’t understand us. We saw what worked for City, anytime we attempt to replicate we start saying it can’t work.

So we should keep an amateur Goalie as second choice so when Ramsdale gets injured we start to struggle.

We saw how our title challenge nosedived once Saliba was out.

We never learn!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2023
Fkhalifa:
Mikel Arteta has won every single time he’s been at Wembley while representing The Arsenal as a player and manager.

On a little side note, the Champions League 2024 final is being held at Wembley.

Never say Never 🤔
Mia Khalifa we go again this season.
Are you with us or with Liverpool.

Speak now or forever remain silent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:59am On Aug 09, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

It can work

Give one cup (UCL, EFL, FA) responsibility
Give the other EPL responsibility.

I don’t understand us. We saw what worked for City, anytime we attempt to replicate we start saying it can’t work.

So we should keep an amateur Goalie as second choice so when Ramsdale gets injured we start to struggle.

We saw how our title challenge nosedived once Saliba was out.

We never learn!
Lol... Ederson is the only one keeping in the UCL and EPL. There's no competition there.
EFL cups have always been for 2nd Keepers since time immemorial.

Like I said, I'm not against having two quality GKs. And I'm happy that Raya is coming

Anyways, I think it came out wrongly thus I'm not clearly understood, so lemme just end the matter here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2023
I am asking again what’s the plan for the coming season so that we won’t be hearing excuses
Are we going for the league
Bottle the league
Top 4
Win a trophy
Concentrate on UCL/EPL

Make no body come here they tell us story that touch by the end of the season sha, we already know our competitors are klopp, pep, 10hag, poch
I no wan hear we are competing with pep if it’s another person.

Ire oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
Jodera:

Lol... E no go bad grin grin

Do 20-20🤣

Hope it's not over reaching sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
Thank you turner i wish you goal fest when we meet on MD1 if you like do agidi you must drink 5 atleast or get injury trying
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:
I am asking again what’s the plan for the coming season so that we won’t be hearing excuses
Bottle the league
Top 4
Win a trophy
Concentrate on UCL/EPL

Make no body come here they tell us story that touch by the end of the season sha, we already know our competitors are klopp, pep, 10hag, poch

Ire oo
Anything other than EPL or UCL..even both sef eh, I go enter UK go flog Arteta comot my club.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Bottle the league
Top 4
Win a trophy
Concentrate on UCL/EPL

Ire oo

Fellow comrade!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
daveP:

Do 20-20🤣

Hope it's not over reaching sha.

Lol, never say never cool

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Izurejoice: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
Spy360:

i think Raya is the better keeper, he may start from the bench but he will bench Ramsdale before the season ends
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
Patino off to Swansea on loan.

Marquinhos off to Nantes on loan.

What's up with Cedric, Pepe and Lokonga? Na Dem suppose comot first. As for Elneny, be like man want to run down his contract.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2023
Izurejoice:
i think Raya is the better keeper, he may start from the bench but he will bench Ramsdale before the season ends
To be frank, both are good. Raya just has better ball distribution which is important for Artetaball next season. Dele usually panicks under pressure compared to Raya.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
mostob:
To be frank, both are good. Raya just has better ball distribution which is important for Artetaball next season. Dele usually panicks under pressure compared to Raya.
Dele?? grin
I never knew Aaron was a Nigerian oo. Lol grin

But what you said about both are true
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
Jodera:
Dele?? grin I never knew Aaron was a Nigerian oo. Lol grin
But what you said about both are true
RamsDele na grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
There's a twist in Raya's transfer

David Raya joins Arsenal on initial loan for £3m plus £27m buy option clause — as @TheAthleticFC reported 🔴⚪️🇪🇸

Brentford accepted this way as it helps Arsenal with Financial Fair Play.

Buy clause, automatically activated after few games otherwise available for #AFC in 2024.

#copied

So we dan enter ffp and Chelsea and psg still they breathe may thunder strike down uefa body
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
mostob:
Patino off to Swansea on loan.

Marquinhos off to Nantes on loan.

What's up with Cedric, Pepe and Lokonga? Na Dem suppose comot first. As for Elneny, be like man want to run down his contract.
Elneny is already starting his coaching career so he's learning and playing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:
There's a twist in Raya's transfer

David Raya joins Arsenal on initial loan for £3m plus £27m buy option clause — as @TheAthleticFC reported

Brentford accepted this way as it helps Arsenal with Financial Fair Play.

Buy clause, automatically activated after few games otherwise available for #AFC in 2024.

#copied

So we dan enter ffp and Chelsea and psg still they breathe may thunder strike down uefa body
Dem don table Chelsea matter already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3148) (3149) (3150) (3151) (3152) (3153) (3154) ... (3542) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.