Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,360 members, 7,839,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2342350 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (3536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dont8(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2012
Nice thread, go gunners!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:06am On Apr 10, 2012
dipo+:

The part in bold should suffice as answer

Ridiculous - how many of those games has Gervinho started? Can we also glibly conclude that Gervinho starting would've led to us losing more games?

coogar:

debosky, you are a bumbling oaf!
you want to compare ramsey's miss to van persie's?
van persie was backing hart when he made that header in haste. he didn't know he had so much time to control that cross n score.

They are both misses not so? Or do shots that hit the post get points on the board? What about the poor run instead of staying offside? cheesy

ramsey was in control all through. a classic counter-attack.
he took 2 defenders off the radar and he had an option to either pass to van persie or score.
he decided to score and he shot 500 yards wide.

He made a bad decision - no different from RVP straying offside. He had the vision to get to ex those defenders but his shooting failed him. Nothing of note to talk about there.

Worse still - TV5 was responsible for us losing not one but TWO goals, yet it's Rambo's miss we're talking about. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Myself2(m): 11:25am On Apr 10, 2012
[/quote][quote author=Tjoshua]Learn how to earn cool money from your favourite football matches played online!its fun and easy.

I will teach you how to start and make blah blah fuckshit
INFORMATION IS POWER

TB Joshua
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Myself2(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2012
[/quote][quote author=coogar]

debosky, you are a bumbling oaf!
you want to compare ramsey's miss to van persie's?
van persie was backing hart when he made that header in haste. he didn't know he had so much time to control that cross n score.

ramsey was in control all through. a classic counter-attack.
he took 2 defenders off the radar and he had an option to either pass to van persie or score.
he decided to score and he shot 500 yards wide. aaron ramsey is not an arsenal player - he's out of his depth!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thank goodness we won the match so its permissible to laugh about that criminal miss.
What do we do with Ramsey??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
It seems Ramsey is paying Debo's school fees as Anderson was doing for Sharon a few seasons ago cheesy

Seriously how can you blame TV5 for blocking Rvp's shot? He jumped for the ball like other player's did and was unfortunate he just happened to be in the path of a goal-bound shot. The ball cannoned off him before he even knew what was going on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2012
ritchboy: It seems Ramsey is paying Debo's school fees as Anderson was doing for Sharon a few seasons ago cheesy

Seriously how can you blame TV5 for blocking Rvp's shot? He jumped for the ball like other player's did and was unfortunate he just happened to be in the path of a goal-bound shot. The ball cannoned off him before he even knew what was going on.

I'm not seriously blaming him - that was a tongue in cheek comment. But it just goes to show gooners get irrational when their favourites are concerned. This type of blocking a goal on the line happened to Bendtner a few seasons ago and he was crucified (around the time he started wearing pink boots grin).

Fast-forward to the present time and there's no blame involved. cheesy

But I'm not letting TV5 off that lightly - how do you explain missing from 3 yards? Even a quadruplegic who can only move his pinky would've scored from that close. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2012
Scapegoatism: arsenal fans' favorite religion.

Eer please can we still sell deadwood Rosizcky wink How anybody can be judging a 20yr old playing out of position is beyond my footballing opolo.

I don't however claim to have footballing opolo sha, as I lent mine to Walcott. Or how else will he be only 1 of about 5 players in double figures for goals and assists.

Abeg enuff of all this SegunAgbedeisms, you are fans not pundits. Ooooooseeeeee!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2012
Debo should just stop defending Ramsey already.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2012
dipo+:
Debo should just stop defending Ramsey already.

Why won't I defend him? TV5 loses us 3 points one week, almost loses us points by failing to shoot at point blank range and receives virtually no critique, while everything is piled on Ramsey.

If I don't defend him against this tyranny of the biased majority, who will? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 12:01am On Apr 11, 2012
Well, once upon a time i was part of the majority criticizing Chamahk. Mr Debosky was his principal advocate. He saw nothing wrong with Chamahk and made us believe he(chamahk) was the new Henry. Thank you Mr Chamahk for watever u did.

Did Vermaelen score the dramatic winner against Newcastle? Did he score another winner in the next against Everton? Has given solid performances in up to 20 games. How many goals has even scored this season as a defender? Is he really a defender?
I guess it's a lot of work to bcom fan's favorite. You must have done a lot too to be hated be hated by fans.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:00am On Apr 11, 2012
folahann: Well, once upon a time i was part of the majority criticizing Chamahk. Mr Debosky was his principal advocate. He saw nothing wrong with Chamahk and made us believe he(chamahk) was the new Henry. Thank you Mr Chamahk for watever u did.

Did Vermaelen score the dramatic winner against Newcastle? Did he score another winner in the next against Everton? Has given solid performances in up to 20 games. How many goals has even scored this season as a defender? Is he really a defender?
I guess it's a lot of work to bcom fan's favorite. You must have done a lot too to be hated be hated by fans.
folahann: Well, once upon a time i was part of the majority criticizing Chamahk. Mr Debosky was his principal advocate. He saw nothing wrong with Chamahk and made us believe he(chamahk) was the new Henry. Thank you Mr Chamahk for watever u did.

Well said! So good I had to quote twice!! grin
I don't think there's anything to add to this.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 8:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
Well i guess our win is certain already and Ramsey started. Hmmm, can't wait to hear Debosky
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
Hear me say what? That y'all have been behaving like superstitious cave dwellers by saying Ramsey starting causes us to lose? cheesy

As for your previous post, where did I say Chamakh was the new Henry? cheesy Again with these your imaginations. . . .are you sure you shouldn't be writing fantasy books? I judged MC based on his performances at the tim and they were good - when he messed up, I said likewise. I am wholly consistent in that regard.

As for Vermaelen's exploits, I never denied them - all I ask for is fairness. Judge a player based on what he is doing not on some irrational bias or favouritism.

It is irrational to excuse Vermaelen in a game where he causes a defeat and instead focus on Ramsey - it's like a car's brakes failing (after working well for the past 2 years) and the driver blames the horn for slamming into the car in front. Previous good performances do not take away blame for the present error.

What you lot lack is the ability to separate your feelings about a player or his previous performances from the one at hand - there's nothing wrong in having favourites, but don't let that favouritism cloud your assessment of current performance in a game.

Back to the game - great win, albeit with some sloppy performances in the second half. The ref pitied Wolves and denied Ramsey a blatant penalty. Glad Benayoun got a goal that equalled his great play in the past two games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
Good win...I know this issue has been raised but I REALLY need to know what Park did to AW...as in the true story.

Glad to see RVP on the score sheet again. 3 More goals to go..I read somewhere that he has now scored 45 goals in his last 50 EPL games..wow! Messi who? wink wink

Song...good game...Someone on BBC said Arsene should just give him a blank cheque and 5 year contract. Il also add that he should take a break from International games (hopefully there's no Camerounian on this thread wink). We've got another ANC coming up in January 2013...

BTW - Another clean sheet

Aside: So ManU couldn't get a penalty or offside goal in today's game? That ref should be sent to League One!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
proudly9ja: Good win...I know this issue has been raised but I REALLY need to know what Park did to AW...as in the true story.

I was wondering myself. . . .even at 3-0 up against 10 men, he didn't bring him on! I know Chamakh has sealed his own fate by smoking shisha, but what has park done? undecided

I need to give Chez immense credit today - he made two fantastic saves second half (mostly caused by defensive errors) even though he didn't have much to do. That's the quality of a top goalie - keeping your focus even when you only get called upon infrequently.

Aside: So ManU couldn't get a penalty or offside goal in today's game? That ref should be sent to League One!

The ojoro nor reach - today's linesman started spotting imaginary fouls to take away Wigan's first goal. Unfortunately the linesman could do nothing about the second goal. cheesy

It's a false dawn though - Nasri must finish this season trophyless. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
[size=24pt]The Arsenal[/size], we are Magnificent Basterds
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dont8(m): 8:26am On Apr 12, 2012
Myself2:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thank goodness we won the match so its permissible to laugh about that criminal miss.
What do we do with Ramsey??
Loan him to sunshine, to help in their continental chase.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dont8(m): 8:48am On Apr 12, 2012
debosky: Hear me say what? That y'all have been behaving like superstitious cave dwellers by saying Ramsey starting causes us to lose? cheesy

As for your previous post, where did I say Chamakh was the new Henry? cheesy Again with these your imaginations. . . .are you sure you shouldn't be writing fantasy books? I judged MC based on his performances at the tim and they were good - when he messed up, I said likewise. I am wholly consistent in that regard.

As for Vermaelen's exploits, I never denied them - all I ask for is fairness. Judge a player based on what he is doing not on some irrational bias or favouritism.

It is irrational to excuse Vermaelen in a game where he causes a defeat and instead focus on Ramsey - it's like a car's brakes failing (after working well for the past 2 years) and the driver blames the horn for slamming into the car in front. Previous good performances do not take away blame for the present error.

What you lot lack is the ability to separate your feelings about a player or his previous performances from the one at hand - there's nothing wrong in having favourites, but don't let that favouritism cloud your assessment of current performance in a game.

Back to the game - great win, albeit with some sloppy performances in the second half. The ref pitied Wolves and denied Ramsey a blatant penalty. Glad Benayoun got a goal that equalled his great play in the past two games.
I share in your
sentiments, but one thing you have to understand is this, once you are a fans favourite, you get immuned from errors, but something must have warrant that, which is good perfomance on a consistent basis, Song, RVP and ofcourse Varmalean is in that category, cheers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 8:52am On Apr 12, 2012
Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle don't play this weekend; daylight time!

P.S. Why must RvP play 90 minutes in every game? Park must be cursing his luck. I'm starting to believe Wenger doesn't want to pay appearance bonuses to certain players to save funds like i used to do in Football Manager grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2012
Didn't see the last game. Was Gervinho on the bench?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2012
Gervinho missed the last two games through injury.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2012
Great win! Ramsey...hmmmm.. dont wanna start another long dicusion but young man still has a long way to go. Hope he gets there fast. Anyways, what even made this victory sweeter was the fact that I christened my Identical Twin Boys on the same day cheesy cheesy Thanks to everyone for prayers and well wishes as i introduce Olajide Alex Oluwafemi and Oladapo Alexis Oluwagbemiga Tobun... Hopefully they would win silverware for Arsenal grin grin grin and bring the world cup to naija grin grin grin

Sorry to divert the thread but i gotta let my fellow fans share in the joy wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2012
Jencejyde: Great win! Ramsey...hmmmm.. dont wanna start another long dicusion but young man still has a long way to go. Hope he gets there fast. Anyways, what even made this victory sweeter was the fact that I christened my Identical Twin Boys on the same day cheesy cheesy Thanks to everyone for prayers and well wishes as i introduce Olajide Alex Oluwafemi and Oladapo Alexis Oluwagbemiga Tobun... Hopefully they would win silverware for Arsenal grin grin grin and bring the world cup to naija grin grin grin

Congrats! May it be unto you as you desire!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2012
Jencejyde: Great win! Ramsey...hmmmm.. dont wanna start another long dicusion but young man still has a long way to go. Hope he gets there fast. Anyways, what even made this victory sweeter was the fact that I christened my Identical Twin Boys on the same day cheesy cheesy Thanks to everyone for prayers and well wishes as i introduce Olajide Alex Oluwafemi and Oladapo Alexis Oluwagbemiga Tobun... Hopefully they would win silverware for Arsenal grin grin grin and bring the world cup to naija grin grin grin

congrats bro. nice one there. sharshooter ni bros yi sha. brace lo score in the world cup final tongue tongue tongue

may your kids grow to surpass your desires and expectations IJN
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2012
Jencejyde: Great win! Ramsey...hmmmm.. dont wanna start another long dicusion but young man still has a long way to go. Hope he gets there fast. Anyways, what even made this victory sweeter was the fact that I christened my Identical Twin Boys on the same day cheesy cheesy Thanks to everyone for prayers and well wishes as i introduce Olajide[b] Alex Oluwafemi and Oladapo Alexis Oluwagbemiga Tobun[/b]... Hopefully they would win silverware for Arsenal grin grin grin and bring the world cup to naija grin grin grin

grin Oga jide easy o, Emirates na 60k capacity stadium, remain seat for us o grin .
Mean while, would i be correct in suspecting that Chamberlain had something to do with those names? grin .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2012
4llerbuntu:

congrats bro. nice one there. sharshooter ni bros yi sha. brace lo score in the world cup final tongue tongue tongue

may your kids grow to surpass your desires and expectations IJN
grin grin grin Its the GUNNER in me jare grin grin grin Amen!
edoyad:

grin Oga jide easy o, Emirates na 60k capacity stadium, remain seat for us o grin .
Mean while, would i be correct in suspecting that Chamberlain had something to do with those names? grin .
grin grin
Well what do you know? It was my Dad's elder Bro who gave them Alex and Alexis (Bit of Barca Arsenal combo.hmmm), never even tot of it that way. Thanks men
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dont8(m): 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2012

Congrats bro, and they said we don't have team, you're building a reserve team for us.:-D
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:26am On Apr 13, 2012
debosky:

I was wondering myself. . . .even at 3-0 up against 10 men, he didn't bring him on! I know Chamakh has sealed his own fate by smoking shisha, but what has park done? undecided
Someone said this on another arsenal thread..don't know how true

FACT: Monaco instructed Park & his lawyer not to speak about the military service delay until they negotiate how much money they get if he gets the 10-year visa. Arsenal/Arsène would have not agreed to pay an amount of 3.5m euros if they knew he could easily get the military service delayed for a third choice player.
We got him cheap because of his two years playing limit ffs, and after signing a preliminary contract they put in a "what if" scenario for us which Arsenal had to accept. And now that this scenario came true the two clubs went head to head for more than 5 months to agree on the new terms

Another said:

Park arranged for his military service delay before he joined us(and i believe that he only got it because of Arsenal's interest in him) and never told Arsène about it. Now his price has risen & we have to pay Monaco few more millions which made AW furious. So in essence Park played Wenger for a fool when we all thought we snuck on Lille in getting him

Hopefully, someday, we'l know the true story.

debosky:
The ojoro nor reach - today's linesman started spotting imaginary fouls to take away Wigan's first goal. Unfortunately the linesman could do nothing about the second goal. cheesy

It's a false dawn though - Nasri must finish this season trophyless. tongue
Its the only reason Im supporting United to win the league. If City win it, we won't hear the last of it. Sometimes I still dream about both teams suffering a total breakdown and Arsenal moves ahead of them to win the league! cool cool

1974. Jencejyde(m):

Great win! Ramsey...hmmmm.. dont wanna start another long dicusion but young man still has a long way to go. Hope he gets there fast. Anyways, what even made this victory sweeter was the fact that I christened my Identical Twin Boys on the same day cheesy cheesy Thanks to everyone for prayers and well wishes as i introduce Olajide Alex Oluwafemi and Oladapo Alexis Oluwagbemiga Tobun... Hopefully they would win silverware for Arsenal grin grin grin and bring the world cup to naija grin grin grin

Sorry to divert the thread but i gotta let my fellow fans share in the joy
Congrats! Officially now baba ibeji!

For Anyone interested - Arsenal reserves vs Newcastle reserves...

http://rutube.ru/tracks/5525065.html
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:33am On Apr 13, 2012
Big congratulations to our Director of Defence - may those two boys be like pillars in your household - like Pires and Ljunberg on both wings, like Dixon and Winterburn. cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2012
where's dudu?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sirwebs(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
And the Lord said unto Wenger,

“Behold I have heard your cry and indeed I have seen the works of the Mancites, the Manuzites, the Chelshites and the Tottentites. I have seen how the Mancites have put their trust in filthy mammon.. I will permit them for this season. I have also seen how the Manuzites lean on the arm of Ferguson… I will pity them also for a season more. However the sin of the Chelshites and the Tottentites are beyond pardon. The Chelshites have made gods of their old prophets and have not allowed my young prophets to prosper… Europa league is their due. But the Tottentites have vexed me most of all. They have made proud boasts of their skill and their pacy wingers. They have taunted their better rivals and kicked them even as they lay on the floor, as if they did not know that Fabregas had returned to the land of his birth and Nasri had moved on to the land of oil and gold. For this sin, I have instructed mighty angels to seal up the goal post of all their opponents on every pitch of play. In vain will Bale shoot, for nought will Lennon sprint. Their midfield will wallow in confusion, even as their defence swims in goals. Their lot shall be with those who lie behind those who qualify for Europa. When these things happen, Arsene my professor child, be aware and know that I am the source of your success, but also endeavour to buy Podolski, Goetze and Vertoghen. And endeavor to re-sign Van Persie. If you do this then next season the drought of trophies that has assailed you will end. I have spoken”

so shall it be

http://letsgist.com/god-speaks-to-arsene-wenger/

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (3536) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.