Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2326040 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (3499) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2012
proudly9ja: where's dudu?

I'm worried as well. . . .I hope he hasn't been apprehended by Citeh fans for celebrating our win too loudly. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
Jencejyde: Great win! Ramsey...hmmmm.. dont wanna start another long dicusion but young man still has a long way to go. Hope he gets there fast. Anyways, what even made this victory sweeter was the fact that I christened my Identical Twin Boys on the same day cheesy cheesy Thanks to everyone for prayers and well wishes as i introduce Olajide Alex Oluwafemi and Oladapo Alexis Oluwagbemiga Tobun... Hopefully they would win silverware for Arsenal grin grin grin and bring the world cup to naija grin grin grin

Sorry to divert the thread but i gotta let my fellow fans share in the joy wink

Congratulations bro. News of new Arsenal babies is never a diversion in this thread. May God watch them and make them the envy of others like our darling club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2012
A big shout out to everyone who has shared in the joy of the newborns and my Birthday. God bless and protect you all IJN!

Phew..as birthday don nearly expire today, anyone has updates on what our team would look like come Monday against wigan?...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 11:55pm On Apr 14, 2012
Yeeeeeeh baba director of defense has been charging upfield like Vermalen. Awon eleyi lo score brace ni sha. grin grin

Congratulations baba mi. Gunner wekponry can not misfire. coolgrin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dont8(m): 7:07am On Apr 15, 2012
Jencejyde: A big shout out to everyone who has shared in the joy of the newborns and my Birthday. God bless and protect you all IJN!

Phew..as birthday don nearly expire today, anyone has updates on what our team would look like come Monday against wigan?...
Hope to see you in our attack soon, Arsene take note.wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 7:58am On Apr 15, 2012
Jencejyde: A big shout out to everyone who has shared in the joy of the newborns and my Birthday. God bless and protect you all IJN!

Not much changes to expect though news has it that Gervinho is back from his slight injury and Diaby/Gibbs are also match ready
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 7:16am On Apr 16, 2012
dipo+:

Not much changes to expect though news has it that Gervinho is back from his slight injury and Diaby/Gibbs are also match ready

and Ramsey is always ready. Wish to see what he has in stock for us this time round
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2012
RAMSEY? mcheew!!. o maa shey o! lack of better animals don allow make dem pack dog join goat for sallah

anyway, cone shey wenger no dey get budget for ojoro ni?

because the kain level of ojoro wey i dey see this days, kai, angel gabriel sef no fit coach team win league as long as man u and chelsea dey around o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
4llerbuntu:
anyway, cone shey wenger no dey get budget for ojoro ni?

because the kain level of ojoro wey i dey see this days, kai, angel gabriel sef no fit coach team win league as long as man u and chelsea dey around o

As a bonafide baba ijebu you know say Wenger don use the ojoro budget give Diaby and Denilson pay rises tey tey. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dont8(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2012
Hope we win today, I can't stomach defeat.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
We were poor again today. Hopefully we play better than this on saturday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
E don happen. Poor game today. We were really poor going forward. I really don't get AW bringing on Ox and playing him in central midfield. The guy should be on the wings or leave him on the bench. IMO.

Can't take anything away from the Wigan boys though. They played well. Moses gave Sagna a really tough time. How come this team is always struggling against relegation?

We are still 5 points ahead of Spurs. Hopefully, this wouldn't affect our performance against Chelsea
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
for once im happy I missed a match.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2012
Terrible second half performance, poor/unlucky goal keeping for the second goal and a very unsatisfactory performance overall.

Walcott was poor, Song was terrible, RVP was average, Ramsey was mediocre, Vermaelen was shaky, Scezsny was poor, unbelievable really. Only Rozzi and Benayoun really had a cutting edge today, but even they didn't take their chances.

We lost to a team that desired it more, and when the margins are this close, you can't afford to be wasteful in front of goal like we were.

I've heard a lot of people talk about Arteta possibly dropping out for Wilshere next season, but his absence was sorely felt, partly because Song now feels he is now an attacking midfielder, not realising he should've sat back once Mikael was injured.

Ox came on, and tried to do too much by himself - you can't run through 7 players into the box. Gervinho's decision making was poor as well.

Oddly Djourou actually played well today and almost scored. Santos needs to remember that he needs to defend, even if it's sometimes.

Arsene felt we were 'unlucky'. . . . I don't think so - we simply didn't play well enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
Yaya Kasua
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:54am On Apr 17, 2012
that one always feels we were unlucky, mcheew.

@dk as u can see, depression catch market, but then thats something u are used to in ur burnshitliga
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:12am On Apr 17, 2012
Best reaction will be to take out the anger on Chelski and give them an a[b]s[/b]s-whopping of a lifetime. Wigan's early goals made them drop back a bit and defend in numbers but kudos to them. They're determined to survive and have shown it in their last couple of fixtures which ordinarily should have been the sealing nails in their premiership coffin. They had consecutive tough fixtures and only Chelsea got away with a fraudulent victory.

Mar 24 FT Liverpool 1-2 Wigan Athletic
Mar 31 FT Wigan Athletic 2-0 Stoke City
Apr 7 FT Chelsea 2-1 Wigan Athletic
Apr 11 FT Wigan Athletic 1-0 Manchester United
Apr 16 FT Arsenal 1-2 Wigan Athletic

Wilshere out for the season and euros too shocked shocked, abeg wetin them call the name of that injury again ? ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbulela: 8:00am On Apr 17, 2012
Santos is the kind of clown you go to the circus to see.
Dude is a defender, right?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by nateevs(m): 8:36am On Apr 17, 2012
proudly9ja: How come this team is always struggling against relegation?

Because every summer, they lose players to bigger clubs.
They bring in new players on the cheap and they take time to blend.

If you've looked at Wigan for about 3 seasons, they always pull out this sort of performance towards the end of the season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Wilshere out for the season and euros too shocked shocked, abeg wetin them call the name of that injury again ? ?

when i told u this at the time he copped the injury, shebi una dey bind dey cast.

no be today me i know wenger naa.

nateevs:

If you've looked at Wigan for about 3 seasons, they always pull out this sort of performance towards the end of the season

nateevs:

TAA!!! u don bring ur rubbish analysis come here again. na because they lose players na im dem dey play rubbish for 32 games out of 38 every gaddem season?

this so called "good football" they are playing is only playable when its time to escape relegation on the last day of season?
na wa for u o. na pple like u dey praise steve kean.

they are a shyte side, end of!

thats just like saying the reason arsenal has not won the league for 7 years is because they lose players every season!! what kind of excuse is that?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by nateevs(m): 9:42am On Apr 17, 2012
4llerbuntu:
TAA!!! u don bring ur rubbish analysis come here again. na because they lose players na im dem dey play rubbish for 32 games out of 38 every gaddem season?
this so called "good football" they are playing is only playable when its time to escape relegation on the last day of season?
na wa for u o. na pple like u dey praise steve kean.
they are a shyte side, end of!
thats just like saying the reason arsenal has not won the league for 7 years is because they lose players every season!! what kind of excuse is that?

So why do you think Arsenal have not won the league for 7 years?
And you must be the first person I have heard on earth who thinks good football is only playable when it's time to escape relegation.

What's the connection between the two?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 10:48am On Apr 17, 2012
So Jenjecyde, you done use one stone kill two birds! grin wink

Congrats bro!!! Its a special thing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2012
Jencejyde: Great win! Ramsey...hmmmm.. dont wanna start another long dicusion but young man still has a long way to go. Hope he gets there fast. Anyways, what even made this victory sweeter was the fact that I christened my Identical Twin Boys on the same day cheesy cheesy Thanks to everyone for prayers and well wishes as i introduce Olajide Alex Oluwafemi and Oladapo Alexis Oluwagbemiga Tobun... Hopefully they would win silverware for Arsenal grin grin grin and bring the world cup to naija grin grin grin

Sorry to divert the thread but i gotta let my fellow fans share in the joy wink

congrats Jencejyde, we should tell AW to sign you wink

The boys go be future gunners!! cool smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 11:47am On Apr 17, 2012
mukina2:

congrats Jencejyde, we should tell AW to sign you wink

The boys go be future gunners!! cool smiley
[quote author=mukina2]

Thanks my able Moderator, I appreciate...

Poor Game altogether but realy im not gonna pick on someone but there were times in the game where a pass or quick decision could have opened wigan up . I mean, i played in the midfield and looking at Ramsey, its just shocking to see how he moves and where he makes the decision to spread the play looking at the way the opposition is set up. Not saying he caused our defeat. Arteta may not have the flair but there is so much maturity in His game and he just does the simple things Surely the young man (Ramsey) has a long way to go. There isn't that feeling that you can say something is about to happen when he is in possession and those His unnecessary back flicks are just immature.

Surprisingly Djourou did quite well but the whole team really needs to get it right before Chelshit comes visiting.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
When Van Persie wants to mess-up, he messes up big time. He played total rubbish yesterday and latter beefing Wigan's captain.

He hasn't scored in open play in 5 matches now I guess
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
nateevs:
So why do you think Arsenal have not won the league for 7 years?
And you must be the first person I have heard on earth who thinks good football is only playable when it's time to escape relegation.

What's the connection between the two?

i never said the bolded.

i questioned your point of crediting wigan as a good side. you said :
==== they struggle against relegation[b] "because every summer, they lose players to bigger clubs. They bring in new players on the cheap and they take time to blend."
[/b]

you practically lauded them to be a side who only struggles with relegation every season because they sell players to bigger clubs!!!!.

their recent results which have come by simply because of the siege mentality they adopt at the tail end of the season (which is becoming habitual) does not make them a good side like you imply.

the league table does not lie, they are where they are over the course of 38 games because thats their true level, and that is something they have proven time after time, season after season.

BTW thanks for the belated excuse for arsenal's shortcomings which u are practically alluding to with that statement about wigan, but not even duduspace will stand up to tell u the reason arsenal don't win the league is because they sell.

it's a factor, agreed. but a shyte side is a shyte side, and a decent one is a decent one.
which is y arsenal are not flirting with relegation habitually because they sell and wigan is
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by nateevs(m): 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
If only you read well, you will see I never alluded to the fact that Wigan are a good side.
I only said the reason it takes this long for them to get a good run of games together is because it always takes time for their new signings to blend. If it's just the siege mentality, how come only them can manage it? Why have we not seen other teams go on a run that beats Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Stoke and Chelsea (believe it or not they won that game).

You cannot beat 3 out of the strongest sides in the league (especially back to back) by buying a box of siege mentality at a convenience store. If it's that easy, everyone will do it.

Secondly,

I asked a question which I think deserves an answer.
Why do you think Arsenal has not won the league in 7 years?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Olaolufred(m): 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
folahann: When Van Persie wants to mess-up, he messes up big time. He played total rubbish yesterday and latter beefing Wigan's captain.

He hasn't scored in open play in 5 matches now I guess

Don't aks for too much.
This guy should be praised.
From the pit Arsenal was, he pulled her out to the 3rd place on league table. Ah ah, please be greatful.
Everyday can't be same. only support and expect somtin better.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by vislabraye(m): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
Arsenal didn't play well and I don't know why. I partly blame the coach because when Arteta was injured, he didnt bring on a sub immediately. In the first place why didnt he use the same winning team he had been using? I am never comfortable with Djorou. Ramsy is very erratic, Gevinho is a poor decision maker as well as Walcott. With these kind of players, Arsenal can't go far.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
Arsene Wigan

How market

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2012
dayokanu: Arsene Wigan

How market

mcheeeeeewwww!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc(m): 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
van persie is most likely showing signs of fatigue.dts wt happens when u play a footballer week in week out plus even midweek,90mins every game.there were more opportunities for wenger to take off RVP at 70 or 80mins in games which arsenal was leading comfortably n give chamakh or park a run out but thats nt wenger's style.he taps his best player until d player runs dry

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (3499) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kayyy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.