Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

-- - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / -- (8262 Views)

Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? / How To Make Someone Stop Loving You Without Heart Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: -- by freecocoa(f): 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2011
Hmmm I think it depends on some things like how much you loved the person and the gravity of the heartbreak,it could take hours,days,months,years or forever,some broken hearts never mend.
Re: -- by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2011
Well as for me its quite difficult for me to, if I truly loved the babe, So I actually avoid falling in love, Am still recovering from 1 dat occured dis year July, I was a fool to trust the babe, but don't feel sad for me, broken 8babes heart after, broke 18babes heart b4 hers, and wuld still do many more in future, But av learnt my lessons sha, I hope all d babes here learn deirs
Re: -- by freecocoa(f): 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2011
Ijogz K:

Well as for me its quite difficult for me to, if I truly loved the babe, So I actually avoid falling in love, Am still recovering from 1 dat occured dis year July, I was a fool to trust the babe, but don't feel sad for me, broken 8babes heart after, broke 18babes heart b4 hers, and wuld still do many more in future, But av learnt my lessons sha, I hope all d babes here learn deirs
clap for yourself,and the award for the highest heart breaker goes to ijogz k,btw dude hope you are not counting me as one of the hearts you claim to have broken o,I dumped your broke a*s*s,just for the rec so we don't conflict issues here, I guess you need to resolve the equation,cheers. tongue
Re: -- by alexola20(m): 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2011
Re: -- by Mynd44: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2011
^^
I fell so sorry for you
Re: -- by Goldieluks: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2011
I don't think there's a set time for one to overcome heartbreak,because even if you've gotten
over someone,there's some incident that may occur which may trigger some gut feelings,sometimes.
Re: -- by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2011
the guyz are all actin hard and what is ''it depends on how much u luv somebody''?

love is love. it has no measure unless u don't understand what love is.

i spent 2yrs tryin to live a life without her, and God knows it wasn't easy.

i did everything to get myself over her. running to the next skirt wont solve it, work will jus burn u out and become counter productive, partying drinking and the likes jus made me realize how shallow my life became.
the only solution is time.
it took me that long cos i planned the rest of my life with her but ended up without her.
not dating anyone (technically) and am not still sure i can give the same attention as i did with her.
she came into my life and i found out how empty i was without her now that she's gone (and forever) i pray she is ok and with a man who will love her more than i tried to let her know.
Re: -- by Dyt(f): 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2011
Love stories
i jst hate it if it doesnt end well
Re: -- by godman01(m): 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2011
These things actually depends on what's inside you. If you are a person that has really developed yourself, then it may not take long but if not, expect the opposite.
Re: -- by strangest(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2011
Tobi_dad:

the guyz are all actin hard and what is ''it depends on how much u luv somebody''?

love is love. it has no measure unless u don't understand what love is.

i spent 2yrs tryin to live a life without her, and God knows it wasn't easy.

i did everything to get myself over her. running to the next skirt wont solve it, work will jus burn u out and become counter productive, partying drinking and the likes jus made me realize how shallow my life became.
the only solution is time.
it took me that long cos i planned the rest of my life with her but ended up without her.
not dating anyone (technically) and am not still sure i can give the same attention as i did with her.
she came into my life and i found out how empty i was without her now that she's gone (and forever) i pray she is ok and with a man who will love her more than i tried to let her know.

Bro, its not about acting hard. I had my first heart break many years ago, initially it was not easy. I later concentrated on my business and forgot all about them, when I bought my first car, same girl that dropped me came back and apologized that she was wrong all the while that I should forgive her for dropping me and that I should accept her back. I accepted her back just for a week!!! after nacking the akpako again for a week, I dropped her for the reason that I am already engaged to someone else when she left me (though it was a lie), if ever you end up with a heartbreak, learn the reason why you were dropped and try and reorganize, No heartbreak since then,
Re: -- by blackmale(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2011
ive got my heart broken days ago, im so down right now, dont know what to do,
Re: -- by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2011
strangest:

Bro, its not about acting hard. I had my first heart break many years ago, initially it was not easy. I later concentrated on my business and forgot all about them, when I bought my first car, same girl that dropped me came back and apologized that she was wrong all the while that I should forgive her for dropping me and that I should accept her back. I accepted her back just for a week!!! after nacking the akpako again for a week, I dropped her for the reason that I am already engaged to someone else when she left me (though it was a lie),  if ever you end up with a heartbreak,  learn the reason why you were dropped and try and reorganize,  No heartbreak since then,

Why did u guys breakup? from what u wrote it's obvious she left u for someonelse. u knack the akpako(whatever that is) after she realized u were worth somethin. there wasn't anythin btw u guys to start with. period!
true love leads to real heartbreaks.
Re: -- by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 27, 2011
i am still tryin to get over her after 2years. Dnt just knw how to erase her memory! Its so sad! I feel like talkin to her on fone sometimes, is dat a good idea?
Re: -- by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2011
blackmale:

ive got my heart broken days ago, im so down right now, dont know what to do,

don't beat ur self up and whatever u do don't contact her.its over. be the man and walk away.
heartbreaks are 99.9% of the time caused by infidelity.
u better than her, believe me. she is goin to regret one day and not know the reason for her pain.
Re: -- by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2011
Boyloaf:

i am still tryin to get over her after 2years. Dnt just knw how to erase her memory! Its so sad! I feel like talkin to her on fone sometimes, is dat a good idea?
NO! She's gone buddy, the sooner u realize this the better. she is jus goin to get more confident around her new man knowing u r waiting on your knees for her.
let it slide. time heals all pain.
Re: -- by blackmale(m): 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2011
@ tobi dad, thanks bro, though she is still saying if God wants us to be we might come back, but i dont wana rely on that,
Re: -- by edetcnn(m): 8:08pm On Nov 27, 2011
I just skimmed this thread to see what the comments will look like expecting to get some good old classic NL comedy. I think that "heartbreak" is one of the most misused terms in English. I am just getting into my 30s but I have avoided going back to a particular town (where my parents still stay) for 2 years now cos I don't want the sympathetic stares, and comments of folks. By God's grace, I am doing ok; comfortable apartment, self employed, etc but I still feel mad when folks say stuff like " c'mon dude, you should get over her by now, she has proven she's not worth it, besides there are a lot of babes out there who will give an arm, " Breakups are very different from heartbreaks. And because, no relationship breakup is pleasant, folks assume that every breakup is a heartbreak. You can get over a heartbreak but you remain scarred for a very long time. And I can tell you cos I had a 4 yr r/ship. The trust got to a point that when I travel, I divert my calls to her phone .(and please if u think that's too trusting, we are talking about someone I have already formally introduced to my folks and vice versa). We were even choosing wedding card designs and color themes , It's over 2 years now, and I still declined all wedding/marriage related Invites until last month, and I never stay for up to 20 minutes,

1 Like

Re: -- by Sonofpeace(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2011
I have never been heartbroken thanks to the experience i had growing up with my elder brother who was heartsmashed by a lady whom all the member of my family knew as his fiancee. Since then i decided to be conservative with women.
My first girl friend never knew my house, my mom, my dad for a year because i was casual with her eventhough i wasnt overly hard on her.
Women can be a Biatch if you let them.
Re: -- by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2011
edetcnn:

I just skimmed this thread to see what the comments will look like expecting to get some good old classic NL comedy. I think that "heartbreak" is one of the most misused terms in English. I am just getting into my 30s but I have avoided going back to a particular town (where my parents still stay) for 2 years now cos I don't want the sympathetic stares, and comments of folks. By God's grace, I am doing ok; comfortable apartment, self employed, etc but I still feel mad when folks say stuff like " c'mon dude, you should get over her by now, she has proven she's not worth it, besides there are a lot of babes out there who will give an arm, " Breakups are very different from heartbreaks. And because, no relationship breakup is pleasant, folks assume that every breakup is a heartbreak. You can get over a heartbreak but you remain scarred for a very long time. And I can tell you cos I had a 4 yr r/ship. The trust got to a point that when I travel, I divert my calls to her phone .(and please if u think that's too trusting, we are talking about someone I have already formally introduced to my folks and vice versa). We were even choosing wedding card designs and color themes ,  It's over 2 years now, and I still declined all wedding/marriage related Invites until last month, and I never stay for up to 20 minutes,
am with u on this.
blackmale:

@ tobi dad, thanks bro, though she is still saying if God wants us to be we might come back, but i dont wana rely on that,
she is inadventerly tellin u it will take a miracle. forget her no matter the reason. women easily get men attention and is probly in the zone
with him as when the 2 of u realized u were about fallin in love.
Re: -- by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2011
I don't even have a heart talkless of getting it broken.
Re: -- by Sonofpeace(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2011
tpacalipse:

I don't even have a heart talkless of getting it broken.
hahaha! Bravo amigo.
Re: -- by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2011
Sonofpeace:

I have never been heartbroken thanks to the experience i had growing up with my elder brother who was heartsmashed by a lady whom all the member of my family knew as his fiancee. Since then i decided to be conservative with women.
My first girl friend never knew my house, my mom, my dad for a year because i was casual with her eventhough i wasnt overly hard on her.
Women can be a Biatch if you let them.

u shuld get in line and fall for someone and have them smash ur heart now. experience is usually reserved for the person who has made the biggest mistakes. the earlier u learn this thorny aspect of love the better. I believe in my heartbreak cos it made me ( a former complete LovePeddler if i may say so) realize i culd fall in love with someone. I loved her first and then learnt to love me. Truth be said am more careful around women now, i don't want to give it all and this has probly scared some of em away but i am sure what i need is a patient woman somethin my ex wasn't.
ur heartbreak can make u realize urself and in turn help u make that crucial choice of a life partner.
Re: -- by joe4christ(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2011
[size=75pt] How dem wan take break heart made up of kpomo? [/size]
Re: -- by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2011
joe4christ:

[size=75pt] How dem wan take break heart made up of kpomo? [/size]
kpomo heart = kanda lips
lol!
Re: -- by Sonofpeace(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2011
Tobi_dad:

u shuld get in line and fall for someone and have them smash your heart now. experience is usually reserved for the person who has made the biggest mistakes. the earlier u learn this thorny aspect of love the better. I believe in my heartbreak cos it made me ( a former complete LovePeddler if i may say so) realize i culd fall in love with someone. I loved her first and then learnt to love me. Truth be said am more careful around women now, i don't want to give it all and this has probly scared some of em away but i am sure what i need is a patient woman somethin my ex wasn't.
your heartbreak can make u realize urself and in turn help u make that crucial choice of a life partner.

Tobi_dad:

u shuld get in line and fall for someone and have them smash your heart now. experience is usually reserved for the person who has made the biggest mistakes. the earlier u learn this thorny aspect of love the better. I believe in my heartbreak cos it made me ( a former complete LovePeddler if i may say so) realize i culd fall in love with someone. I loved her first and then learnt to love me. Truth be said am more careful around women now, i don't want to give it all and this has probly scared some of em away but i am sure what i need is a patient woman somethin my ex wasn't.
your heartbreak can make u realize urself and in turn help u make that crucial choice of a life partner.

Well you may have some point but i think that some experience are worth having it personal and heartbreak is one of such experience.
Back then i felt the wave of the heartbreak my brother suffer so guess that is part of the experience cos it truly made me a man when it come to relationship.
Re: -- by Sonofpeace(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2011
Tobi_dad:

Tobi_dad:

Well you may have some point but i think that some experience are worth having it personal and heartbreak is one of such experience.
Back then i felt the wave of the heartbreak my brother suffer so guess that is part of the experience cos it truly made me a man when it come to relationship.
Re: -- by Sonofpeace(m): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2011
Tobi_dad:

Tobi_dad:

Re: -- by Torombo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2011
I know an old lady whose husband left her 50+ years ago, she's never recovered from the heartbreak, never remarried and stills prays daily for him to come back!
Re: -- by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2011
Torombo:

I know an old lady whose husband left her 50+ years ago, she's never recovered from the heartbreak, never remarried and stills prays daily for him to come back!
thats really sad but thats love for u
Re: -- by yusuf2(m): 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2011
not my notion, but there's this theory that "IT TAKES HALF THE TIME U SPENT LOVING/DATING A PERSON TO COMPLETELY GET OVER HIM/HER" sad
Re: -- by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2011
I'm like David Jones. My Heart is a chest and is kept somewhere far away. Na kpomo dey my chest nw so no heartbreak for me
Re: -- by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2011
Well, I'm not gonna lie - some people are very emotional and they never get over @brks - like me for example. I've had this rel8nshp I committed to for 3/4 years and the fact that so many chicks hv been bugging me got into my head and I mis-acted to my g/f who is very sensitive and for about 7 months she disconnected from me and I'm still nursing the hrtbreak - though I have enough chicks, even older ones like 2 or 4 years older wanting to date and be serious wiv me - I still find it hard to move on - kissing and all that never gets my d***k hard, I never get turned on, I can't feel anything - I'm like dead. So IF you're really in a serious rel8nshp with 100% commitment, it'd take you awhile to get past it and it depends on the individual

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Kissing Styles Woman Hate / Nairalanders Help Me Rejoice, My Eyes Don Open Finally / Pls What Is The Meaning Of "Bae" And "Boo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.