Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. (21019 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary / My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 01, 2011
Outstrip I am only telling the truth grin cheesy , for the truth I know shall make me free grin
Re: My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. by Genius100: 12:07am On Dec 02, 2011
Quite frankly, what this tells me is that your son is the type that needs supervision. As my name implies, I am really a genius grin, but would you believe that when I moved out of home to live on campus in the university, my grades dropped quite significantly. I used to make straight As, but as soon as I moved out, I started making Bs and even a few Cs. I later adjusted and my grades were back up, but I've seen this happen too many times. One of my friends here in the US was so smart he used to officially tutor his classmates in high school. Would you believe that this guy enrolled in university 15 years ago, and up till now has not completed one year worth of work. Some people are just not self disciplined.

My advice for you is to ask him what he wants to do. Make sure his choice makes sense, support him, and continue to monitor him without being overbearing. Everything will be okay.
Re: My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. by shushu(f): 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2011
madam,
sorry o. Its one of the many things life throws at families,same happened to my brother.
I dont now what to tell you, but i read the advise from one of the posters blacktide i believe and it seems workable.i have copied and pasted what he wrote below.i alos want to ask, is there any reason why you dont want him to attend open uni online?thank God he has an alternative solution.

"Dear Overwhelmed,

If your family resides in Lagos, the external/part-time campuses of Lagos State University [LASU] at Yaba, Anthony Village, Ikoyi etc are another option to the National Open University. They offer flexible part-time university studies over 5-6 years; classes run during the day and evenings as well. The academic programmes are approved by the NUC. A family friend's daughter was expelled from her university in 3rd year for irregular admission. She enrolled at LASU and eventually graduated with a 2:1

Perhaps, our son can get a part-time job or start a small business while studying. That might help induce a greater sense of personal responsibility in him."
Re: My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 06, 2011
Ɣøû are †ђξ biggest enemy of your child. He has chosen a path of recklessness and Ɣøû still try to cover him from †ђξ consequencies of his mistake. He should be let to suffer and hopefully learn. I have an elder brother that was thrown out of school, he sat at home for almost 10 years and my dad only stepped he when it was obvious he learnt his lesson. I graduated 21 and learnt to take responsibility for my actions right from primary school- if i lost my allowance then i had to starve or work for it. Let †ђξ young man remain at home, when he's ready to try school again Ɣøû will be informed. And pray he doesn't wake up one morning and starts blaming Ɣøû for his woes cos I sense a brat in †ђξ making.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Bites Off Mother-in-law’s Finger For Scattering His Marriage / Married But Lonely / At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.