Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Police Kills Again! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Kills Again! (7699 Views)

SA Police Kills A Robbery Suspect Execution Style: Graphic Video / Drunk Police Kills 3 In Delta State / (video) Nigerian Police Kills Unarmed Civilian Man In Maiduguri, Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Kills Again! by pawa4ul: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2011
ig should resign. they should also get the policemen and kill them openly. idiots.
Re: Police Kills Again! by Bestglo(f): 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
OMG shocked This is wickedness at it's peak
Re: Police Kills Again! by asoebi(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
yes infact i will even suggest the government should employ our service (MAN O WAR NIGERIA) Build the man build the community grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Kills Again! by wowo2: 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
IMHO the police/security forces are criminals in Nigeria. It is less demeaning to be harassed in a foreign land than by your own country security forces.

In Nigeria, the simple fact that you are walking on the road or driving a car even though abiding by the rules is enough to have the police harass you.  No escape except you live and work in a compound fenced off from the outside world.

The opposite of life outside of that jungle called Nigeria is what obtains in most other countries, so long as you abide by the law.
Re: Police Kills Again! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2011
Are policemen above the law in Nigeria?
Re: Police Kills Again! by OneNaira6: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2011
rdokoye:

Do you think Nigeria would be safer without any police?

Is Nigeria safe even with the police?
Re: Police Kills Again! by OneNaira6: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2011
I hope the family of the boy gets justice.

The police involved should be held accountable.
Re: Police Kills Again! by NET1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
abeg, which part of Port Harcourt did this happen today?

.NET
Re: Police Kills Again! by bigdoo: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2011
Well, the police can make mistakes in any country. This is not peculiar to Nigeria alone.
Re: Police Kills Again! by razznaija(f): 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=17pt]I still don't know why they let these animals carry guns around, can't the government see that they are not psychologically fit to handle guns?[/size]
Re: Police Kills Again! by NET1(m): 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
@bigdoo,

Bros, the deliberate termination of an innocent, unarmed civilian's life is not a mistake. These folks are not psychologically fit to move around with guns. I just want to know where exactly in Port Harcourt this unfortunate incident happened today.

.NET
Re: Police Kills Again! by kinguwem: 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
The Nigeria Police needs special prayers and deliverance. They are cursed. That is why they collect N20 openly on the roads without shame.
Now that they kill innocent citizens openly without provocation, the situation requires divine intervention. If nothing is done now, the situation may escalate and more lives shall be wasted.
Re: Police Kills Again! by Sleekjd(f): 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2011
Nigeria Police; bunch of nuiscance! Last wk Sunday in Akure a police van chased d taxi I was in becos d driver did nt give dem dia Usual'. Wen dey caught up wit him dey wanted to take d occupants wit dem to God knws where bt we all declined n came down. Den a police officer accused me of usin my handbag to hit his rifle. I simply told him to arrest n confisticate my bag. Lol* He jst hissd n drove off wit d driver. May God save dis country frm d Nigerian Police Force. May d boys RIP. Amen " Always Remember The Police is Ur Enemy" I pity pple who r dia frnds
Re: Police Kills Again! by tunnytox(m): 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
I believe this is the time for all of us to try and gather as many signatures as possible of Nigerians who want the FG to REFORM THE NIGERIAN POLICE NOW!!!!! We need well meaning Nigerians to start the course lets it all gather momentum online, let's text each other, make use of Facebook etc.
I hope to be able to start a website next year where people can log details of Nigerian Police brutality to us Nigerians on daily basis, we will present this to the international community to assist us to put pressure on the Nigerian government to reform the Nigerian Police.
Re: Police Kills Again! by bio5naim: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
who armed these lunatics
Re: Police Kills Again! by Rashluv: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
A life wasted just like dat? Nigeria is becoming sometin else.
Re: Police Kills Again! by ujchief(m): 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2011
NPF:::Not People's Friend
Re: Police Kills Again! by lolaluv1(f): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2011
See as a human being has been slaughtered like an animal. See as the streets run red with his blood. sad sad

[size=30pt]May his blood be required from the heads of those who spilled it. A life for a life, they have murdered sleep and they will sleep no more. [/size]
Re: Police Kills Again! by nomorename(f): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
bigdoo:

Well, the police can make mistakes in any country.  This is not peculiar to Nigeria alone.

I agree with you, just one difference, if this happens in The Uk the family can seek and get justice, but in Nigeria nobody will be arrested, charged dismissed or jailed! No one will be held responsible.
Re: Police Kills Again! by nomorename(f): 9:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
tunnytox:

I believe this is the time for all of us to try and gather as many signatures as possible of Nigerians who want the FG to REFORM THE NIGERIAN POLICE NOW!!!!! We need well meaning Nigerians to start the course lets it all gather momentum online, let's text each other, make use of Facebook etc.
I hope to be able to start a website next year where people can log details of Nigerian Police brutality to us Nigerians on daily basis, we will present this to the international community to assist us to put pressure on the Nigerian government to reform the Nigerian Police.

it has been hard to reform the police due to politics. There is only one major reformation that will help the police; let every state have their own police, the central police formula has failed woefully.
Re: Police Kills Again! by Sike(m): 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
NPF = Bunch of "Omo Ale"
Re: Police Kills Again! by xterra2(m): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2011
Oh God this is so sad embarassed
this is someone's son for God sake
God punish the Nigerian police all of una angry
Re: Police Kills Again! by GboyegaD(m): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
So annoying these idiots will never change. How would you be bold to open up fire on an illegal cause or have they finally approved the collection of N20 from public cab operators all over the country?

May the sould of the young man rest in perfect peace.
Re: Police Kills Again! by cheikh: 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
rdokoye
Do you think Nigeria would be safer without any police?

@rdokoye - ^^ Yes,- in the light of their total lack of respect for human life especially in the Southern part the country. They are inherently[b] contemptuous [/b]of the populace and trigger happy
Re: Police Kills Again! by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 02, 2011
nomorename:

I agree with you, just one difference, if this happens in The Uk the family can seek and get justice, but in Nigeria nobody will be arrested, charged dismissed or jailed! No one will be held responsible.
just 1 offence
e be like say u no be nigerian
Re: Police Kills Again! by princedant: 4:07am On Dec 02, 2011
bigdoo:

Well, the police can make mistakes in any country. This is not peculiar to Nigeria alone.
bros, it happens everywhere truly but the rate is alarming, and it happens with the same pattern, innocent people get killed cos the police is either chasing okada, bus or taxi to collect N20, the same PH that robbers have been terrorizing lately & not even one caught, shameless bunch.
Re: Police Kills Again! by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 02, 2011
sad
Re: Police Kills Again! by sugardaddy1(m): 7:53am On Dec 02, 2011
Nigeria Police Force is made up of a large percentage of hardened criminals and ex-convicts

On Warri-Patani road, December 22nd 2009, I was travelling home alone for Christmas as my family had gone ahead of me when I met a road-block mounted by some of these criminals in official uniform. All my vehicle particulars were complete including a valid driver's license. After about 10 minutes delay, I was told I had to go and bring the original particulars of my vehicle. This was a road I had passed on more than 20 different occasions to and fro with the same car. There was no reason given wahtsoever for this development. As I was confident I had no skeleton in my cupboard, I agreed with them and was told I had to drive the vehicle to their station.
While driving them to their purpoted station where the vehicle would be parked pending my presentation of the original vehicle documents, I was ordered to park at gun point somewhere along the bushy road where they dispossed me of all cash and personal belongings, including gift items that were meant for my mother in-law. Thereafter, I was ordered to drive off immediately before they changed their minds (whatever that meant) and all this happended in broad daylight at about 11:00 a.m.

So, in Nigeria, the fear of the average gun-carrying Nigeria Policeman is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Police Kills Again! by otokx(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2011
^^^ so sad.
Re: Police Kills Again! by Pain(m): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2011
Fellow Youths,

The incessant spate of police brutality, unemployment , outright insincerity and insensitivity of the present "JoeBoy" administration to the plight of the average Nigerian is increasing by the day. Every day the headlines greet us with one sad gory tale or the other. For instance, consider the sad case of the young man brought down in his youth by the worthless bullet of a poorly trained trigger happy police man two days ago in Portharcourt.
That young man was just taking a walk. Imagine it could have been You or any of Your Loved Ones!! I can connect with the pain his family is going thru right now.

The big question is how long will we allow other mere mortals, born of women like You and I to deprive us of the basic amenities, social security and infrastructure that make life worth living? How long shall we wait to trigger a wave of change that will sweep across Sub-saharan Africa?

The Big Question for "JoeBoy" is "How Can The Youth Protect U if U Cant Protect Us?"

I know it will be hard because it is easier to gather us for a "grin'banj Concert" or a "Nigerian Idol" Audition than to Gather us for Change.
That said, if you have the balls I propose:

Date: 11.12.11
Venue: Eagle Square Abuja
Re: Police Kills Again! by agitator: 9:27am On Dec 02, 2011
People still wonder how Nigerians survive, even in countries such as somalia, iraq, , becuase in Nigeria, we encounter the police, army, area boys, armed robbers, etc. I think that is enough training.

In port harcourt even if you buy television set, police will extract money from you.

complain the the house of leaders, they will reply that they haven't seen or witnessed such actions. They will tell you to provide evidence. Take picture, IG will say you are endangering the lives of policemen performing their legimate duty.

They collect money right in front of every police station. create another point 500mtrs within seeing distance of each other.

When robbers appear they run away, but when their are no robbers around you see them harrassing/extorting innocent cititzens in the name of performing their duty. angry angry angry
Re: Police Kills Again! by cynthiafred67(f): 9:40am On Dec 02, 2011
So sad, i think nigeria will be a better and safer place without these good for nothing blood stacking demons. They are so heartless, their soul is as black as their uniform. After they will say police is our friend. *Smh*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Remands Hanifa’s Killer, Other Suspects / Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge / Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.