Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Police Kills Again! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Kills Again! (7698 Views)

SA Police Kills A Robbery Suspect Execution Style: Graphic Video / Drunk Police Kills 3 In Delta State / (video) Nigerian Police Kills Unarmed Civilian Man In Maiduguri, Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Kills Again! by dein77(m): 9:43am On Dec 02, 2011
@ omo9j. Get this fact straight: when a law is not implemented,that alone denies the very existence of the law. Therefore, Nigeria is lawless. Otherwise, the law would have prevented those trigger-happy police thugs from carrying out their barbarities with utmost impunity. GOD BLESS NAIJA.
Re: Police Kills Again! by sugardaddy1(m): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2011
dein77:

@ omo9j. Get this fact straight: when a law is not implemented,that alone denies the very existence of the law. Therefore, Nigeria is lawless. Otherwise, the law would have prevented those trigger-happy police thugs from carrying out their barbarities with utmost impunity. GOD BLESS NAIJA.
Good point
Re: Police Kills Again! by wowo2: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2011
It is because the politicians or rulers in Nigeria have no idea about governance and are like lizards in their thinking, regional or state police of some sort should reduce the uncaring attitude of the police rank and file.

If such is done, we will only have the regional/state police doing yes-sir, yes-ma to the nincompoops in power and will be used for assassinating anybody that has any differing opinions.

It is difficult to see a way out of the mess except some form of uprising. We need to tap into the spring actions in the middle east, not tribal, but against a class of people - those who see governance as a means of earning salary, stealing or becoming big men.

Governance in centuries past in the developed world was about putting away the sick man so as not to infect the others, removing the dead man from the pool or street but of recent their development was due to the fact that governance became all about empowering the ordinary people and making them attain the best they can be - that way the society benefits.
Re: Police Kills Again! by remmyton(f): 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
cry cry
Re: Police Kills Again! by UkEmmaxin(m): 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
OMG! Police men in Nigeria are protecting the thieves and Killing the Innocent children.

what a wreck!

Oh! dear may your soul rest in peace.

R.I.P cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry ah!

And the Police man should be burn into ashes instanta to hell.
Re: Police Kills Again! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
fresh air
Re: Police Kills Again! by muyoto: 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
OH dear!! sad sad
Re: Police Kills Again! by clip: 2:22am On Dec 03, 2011
If the story is true.
3days after incident,no report about the culprit{Policeman} being arrested,even if he will still be free as usual. At least, arrest so that we can believe that you are doing something.If you do not arrest the culprit it will give others{Policemen} to do more "free killing" of innocent people.
Police do Something,redeem your image. Or is the culprit related to the DPO/commissioner?
Re: Police Kills Again! by bilms(m): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2011
@poster, pls who can anyone contact in case of any assistance and follow up.

Thnks
Re: Police Kills Again! by anwarh(m): 10:53am On Dec 03, 2011
[size=18pt]A piece i wrote in my blog on this shameful acts by the NPF[/size]

I have no desire to disrespect the armed forces of the country on which i decided to write this expose, i have always been an avid admirer of the role the military play in the preservation of our national unity and stability. It is precisely for this reason however, that i must write this piece as a wake-up call to the conscious of our nation. The deterioration of our social fabric and the chaos of our political life is no reason for us to forget the ideals by which we swore, sacred words enshrined in our national pledge and our constitution.

The tribulations of our fourth republic has brought us to a point where our perseverance and our commitment to a collective national dream are tested.  Nevertheless, our country is under attack from unpatriotic elements and radical extremists  who are threatening our very existence as a peaceful and united federation. I am not denouncing the armed forces’ response, I am merely questioning the logic by which innocent individuals are alleged to have been murdered in cold blood by the same security agents whose duty is to protect their lives. I and the whole world has seen graphical evidence of the atrocities, such episodes are a clear vindication of the accusations of Human Rights organizations and a blot on the integrity of our security agencies.

According to a national daily,  Over 1583 people were allegedly killed by law enforcement agents between 2006 and 2010, the Legal Defense and Assistance Project’s annual report on extra-judicial, arbitrary and summary executions in Nigeria has said.

In 2006, the impunity rate was 83 per cent; 2007’s rate was 89 per cent; 2008 was 83 per cent; 2009 was 88 per cent; while 2010 was 95 per cent.

In 2010, the human rights protection agency said no fewer than 21 persons were allegedly killed by the police for no justifiable reasons.

In 2006, a total of 157 incidents resulting in 505 unlawful deaths were recorded. A breakdown of that year’s statistics showed that 129 people were victims of extra-judicial killings by state actors while 339 were political killings.

For 2007, a total of 217 incidents resulting in 653 deaths were recorded; 241 were extra-judicial killings while 321 were politics related.

In 2008, a total of 256 incidents resulting in 679 deaths were recorded and 250 were extra-judicial killings.

Similarly, in 2009, 215 incidents resulting in 1,348 deaths were recorded and 963 were extra-judicial killings.

In 2010, 115 persons were allegedly killed by the police.

According to Amnesty International, “Nigeria’s police have been responsible for large numbers of extrajudicial executions, deaths in custody, and cases of torture and ill-treatment of alleged criminals in custody. The police kill hundreds of people every year with impunity. “

“Many are unlawfully killed before or during arrest in the street or at roadblocks. Others are tortured to death in police detention. A large proportion of these unlawful killings may constitute extrajudicial executions. In other cases, people disappear from police custody.”

It is against the principles of democracy and the Rule of Law for such incidents to continue,  We the people must be assured our right to a free and fair trial irrespective of our alleged crime, we can not be punished until we have exercised our right for defense in a competent court of law. If action is not taken against this particular issue, then we demand that the leadership of this country must renounce any claim to our being a democratic nation, for only in absolute dictatorships do citizens get killed without legal justification. Nigerians are not subjects of the state, we are instead its citizens who are guaranteed certain inalienable rights by the 1999 constitution, the most important of which is Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
[size=14pt]
To further discuss this issue, join me at my blog http://anwarkazaure.blog.com[/size]
Re: Police Kills Again! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2011
Wow. So sad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Remands Hanifa’s Killer, Other Suspects / Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge / Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.