Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,371 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery (149424 Views)

A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch / Durban (south Africa) Picture Gallery: South Africa´s Third Largest City / Angola Picture Gallery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by otokx(m): 11:40am On Dec 05, 2011
Money talks there
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Gluckdude(m): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2011
Change of plans. i am going there this xmas, if my budget is not enough, i will lodge in my car grin.
thanks to Donald Duke for such creativity. bad enough, Jonathan stole his slot for the VP post and that is why we are where we are today.
and thanks to the OP for making such a nice post.

2 Likes

Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Pain(m): 11:59am On Dec 05, 2011
I think the hospitality service providers have adopted a wrong business model in this case. They can create some budget live ins with  double decker units, simple shower, toilet and charge say between N8,000 to N10,000 per nite with free breakfast.

With that the turn out to obudu will record a quantum leap in terms of visits/revenue. Going by the current rates obudu will just remain like "icebacks of atlanta"

3 Likes

Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
freecocoa:

I wanna go there this xmas,anyone willing to take me? Hurry and let me know,entry closes on the 20th of dec,I don't accept late entries o.
so u wanna sell for holiday, anyway post ur CV
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by lagoshost(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2011
Just too good. Good thing in Nigeria.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2011
For all those asking about the budget for going there, aside transportation to the Ranch which is cheapest using ur car incase u stay in the East or South south, u can obtain all accomodation info from GOOGLE. Rooms are as little as 18,500 per night, Food as much as 3,000 per plate, but dont go there alone bcz of the cold.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2011
Too bad money was invested and returns not coming in
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Mosesli: 12:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
Whaoooooooooooooo.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by jimjones: 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2011
Okija_juju:

120,000'k Is for a 3-bedroom house/lodge. Its in one of the Pictures on display!

Its not in Calabar, but Cross-Rivers State!!

okija, wish wan you dey? nor be me talk say the place dey Calabar in the first place. second off, there's no such place as CROSS-RIVERS STATE!:|
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by 1dafubabs(m): 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2011

Obudu Mountain Resort, Obanliku Local Government Area, Cross River State, Nigeria
Contact: +234 708 923 1815 or +234 0805 364 8209 | Email: pacro@africansunhotels.com
Reservations: pacro@africansunhotels.com
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by MrCork17: 12:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
QUIT LYING.   how the heck can NIgerian loook like this? NEVER. THIS IS LONDON!!  angry
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by classico(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
ALL I CAN SAY IS WHAOOOOOO.4 ONCE I SEE ONE GOOD THING TO BE PROUD OF.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by gtrust: 1:19pm On Dec 05, 2011
Tell me about security?
How safe is the place

I want carry people go there!!
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by omo9ja1(m): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
wow! na who say 9ja no be better place?

yei yei africa x2

Nigeria is my home
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by 195(f): 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2011
Gluckdude:

Change of plans. i am going there this xmas, if my budget is not enough, i will lodge in my car grin.
thanks to Donald Duke for such creativity. bad enough, Jonathan stole his slot for the VP post and that is why we are where we are today.
and thanks to the OP for making such a nice post.

IM GOING THERE angry
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by sammirano: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
I swear that I will visit this place soon, with atleast N100,000 i will do something fun there for a week.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by sammirano: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
No bi lie I never thought somewhere like this exist in the shores of Nigeria.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
Mr, Cork:

QUIT LYING.   how the heck can NIgerian loook like this? NEVER. THIS IS LONDON!!  angry

This is the way the whole of the east(Biafra) would have looked like if not for , make i no start lipsrsealed, anyway i have cancelled my trip to SA for Obudu, i m driving down all the way from Portharcourt to obudu cool
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by oraclefemi(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
i was there last year,ive got pics to prove that, that swimming pool wasnt there and hey the hotels dont give 24hrs power except the local ones , and also aero doesnt fly there, dont be fooled by those pics ,some of them arent real, the 5hrs drive from calabar to that place will knock you out besides that the area is serene and very cold ! Nigeria is beautiful
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Afanna1: 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2011
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Pain(m): 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2011
Obudu is a ranch. A ranch is the home of cattle like[b] bulls[/b] etc. So I guess, its true that money talks and bullshit [/b]works.
Lots of [b]bullshit
@ obudu. I tell U. undecided

Sour Sour Grapes to Some Though. cry cry
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Kx: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2011
Do they build resort centers for its aesthetics or for returns?
Does the current proceeds from Obudu justify the huge capital outlay?

They used the peoples funds to build big man's resort, yet ordinary roads that the masses use on a daily basis
would be concessioned and tolled.
angry
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by phreakabit(m): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
Maybe fulanis go soon fall in there.  cheesy  Na fulani dem get the land originally. You no hear cattle for inside the ranch name? Abi namfag 
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by javalove(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2011
NOSTALGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there this time last year!!!!!!!! I spent a month there with my colleagues. Next time I visit naija. . .I must to visit again oooo. . .

I see the cable cars, the long-ass road and devil's elbow. . .I see the canopy walk way. . .I see the swimming pool. . .I see the lobby at the resturant where we have the dinners. . .I see the chalets. . .I see almost all the places i visited. . .

Damn. . .I miss naija die!!!!!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by javalove(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
oraclefemi:

i was there last year,ive got pics to prove that, that swimming pool wasnt there and hey the hotels dont give 24hrs power except the local ones , and also aero doesnt fly there, dont be fooled by those pics ,some of them arent real, the 5hrs drive from calabar to that place will knock you out besides that the area is serene and very cold ! Nigeria is beautiful

Na lie!!! I was there too. . .the swimming pool was there. . .I got loads of pics. . .Yes aero does not fly there YET but it was in the pipeline as at the time I visited in december (this time last year). I was there for a whole month with my friends. . .

Get ur facts right!!!!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
Cool place to take a holiday!
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Okijajuju1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2011
oraclefemi:

I dont know about the swimming pool not being there because when I went, it was there and functioning full time,

BUT

One true sour point is that for 120,000 Naira a night, they dont guarantee you 24/hours light on the ranch which is quite disappointing. Go with an I-pass-my-neighbour gen and 20liters petrol for maximum fun!
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by Kaffs(f): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2011
Someone asked for the price list for obudu cattle ranch on this forum. Pls find below the list;

1. CONFERENCE PACKAGE

Special Offer

· Free use of conference room

· Free use of Conference facilities (Projector, white board, flip chart, PA system, mints, pen & writing pad also provided)

· Room upgrade for 10 VIP rooms

· Complimentary Bonfire

· Free DJ entertainment

· Complimentary Guided Tour

Other Attractions

*Conference in an International Venue in a serene environment

*Conference at the peak of the people’s paradise for free

Terms and condition

· Package is subject to availability

· Valid from 1st March –31st August 2011

· Package cannot be combined with other Promotions

· Offer applies to bookings of not less than 2 nights stay

2. EASTER PACKAGE

Special offer

*50% Discount on rooms – Stay 3 nights and the get the 4th night half price

*Kids eat free –Children less than 5 years eat free while children below 12 pay half price

*Free Spa Treatment-The first 5 bookings get treatment in the spa for free for 2 adults

Other Attractions

*Welcome drink on arrival

*Kiddies fun show entertainment

*Comedy

*Bonfire & Cultural Display

Other Activities

*Ride on Cable car

*Nature Walks

*Pool Party at the water Party

*Special Menu on display at the water park

Terms and condition

*Package is subject to availability

*Valid from 20th -26th April 2011

*Package cannot be combined with other Promotion

* Discount offer on rooms only Valid for bookings of not less than 3 Nights or more.

3. HONEYMOON PACKAGE

Special Offer

*20% Discount on rooms – For any room type booked with us you get a reduction off the published rate

* Chilled Champagne on arrival in room

* Honeymoon bed topped with rose petals

*Free Fruit Basket & Chocolates in room for the couple

*The lady gets a free treatment in the spa

*Room Upgrade – Special upgrade to a higher room category

*Complimentary Room Night(s) – For stay of more than 4 nights you get 2 other nights free

* Different turndown amenity in the room every evening along with special In-room bath set up with scented candles & flowers on one of the nights.

Terms and conditions

*Valid from 20th February –31st Sept 2011

* Only available for couple on honeymoon

4. STUDENT/SCHOOL PACKAGE

Package Rate per person sharing a room

2 Nights - N 21,000

3 Nights - N 30,000

4 Nights – N 37,000

Package Includes

* Welcome Drink on Arrival

*2, 3, & 4 Nights Hotel Accommodations Respectively

* Reduced Meal Plan (All meals throughout the duration of your stay)

*One Day Round trip Cable Car & Use of Water Park (Water Sport)

* Bonfire Night/Cultural Display, Drama, Jokes Etc.

* Free use of Sporting Facility (Lawn Tennis & Squash Court)

* Educational Tour of the Resort (Diary Farm, Honey Factory) etc

*Outdoor & Nature Walks (Nature Reserve, Canopy Walk Way, Tree House, Grotto)

* Game Arcade - Free Entrance to Kids Zone

Other Attractions:

*Horseback Riding

*Mountain Biking

*Walk to Holy Mountain etc

*Cameroon Border View Point

Terms & Conditions

* Package for Student Only (All Categories)

* Mutually Exclusive cannot be combined with other packages

*Package offer from (20th February - 31st August 2011)

* Not for groups, incentives and other business

* Subject to availability

* Promotion only applies for booking made directly through the Hotel.

* Full prepayment is required

* All Rates is per person sharing

*Special discount rate for Bookings of over 50 Rooms

5. OBUDU MOUNTAIN CELEBRATES 62nd Anniversary.

Special Offer

*Gets 15% Discount on rooms for staying with us during this period

*Free Guided Tour

Other Attractions:

*Cutting of Birthday cake

*Pool Party at the water Park

*Bonfire Birthday Party

*Cultural Display

*DJ Entertainment

Terms & Conditions

*Valid from 9th -11th of September 2011

*Not for groups, incentives and other business

*Package for not less than 2 nights stay

6. FAMILY GETAWAY PACKAGE

Special Offer

*Pay only N 30,000 for a family of 6 in a Mountain Villa

*Free Guided Tour

* Fruit platter in room on arrival

*Free Spa treatment for mum, for first 5 bookings.

*Children get free entrance to Kids zone

Free use of Sporting Facility (Tennis, Basketball & Squash Court)

Terms & Conditions

*Valid from 1st July – 31st August 2011

*Not for groups, incentives and other business

*Package for not less than 2 nights stay

For further enquiries and bookings, kindly reach our Sales team on any of these numbers: 08027632805, 08054731261, 08057605478, 08037102900 and 0708849563.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Nsikak Mbride
Sales Manager

Obudu Mountain Resort
Cross River State Liaison Office

29 Jose Marti Crescent, Asokoro.

Abuja
Tel: +234 803 710 2900
+234 802 763 2895

Email: nsikak.mbride@africansunhotels.com

Obudu Mountain Resort has been shortlisted for the Naija 7 Wonders and so we need your wonderful support today.

Please text today: Naija7*7 to 33120 and add your vote.
VOTE Obudu Mountain Resort

1 Like

Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by phreakabit(m): 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2011
Okija_juju:

I dont know about the swimming pool not being there because when I went, it was there and functioning full time,

BUT

One true sour point is that for 120,000 Naira a night, they dont guarantee you 24/hours light on the ranch which is quite disappointing. Go with an I-pass-my-neighbour gen and 20liters petrol for maximum fun!

Bia nwoke why are you spoiling my business na?!
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by dinah777: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2011
Yah Donald did a great job with Cross rivers,The ranch is just a site to behold,talk of the christmas carnival,talk of Tinapa etc,Calabar has so many companies and people visiting it today because of one man's foresight,that is to show us all the power of vision and focus,Cross rivers state has had ,many Governors but Don Duke will always be remebered as one who left his foot prints in the sands of time and name in the hearts of the people.About staying in the ranch for a week,budget like 50grand.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by zenus(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2011
The first picture is suspicious
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery by manosteel(m): 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2011
Can't believe that we have a place like this in Nigeria, I heard that Tinapa in Calabar is another nice place. If not for our snoring govt,,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.