Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

When You Do Not Share The Same Passions, How Do You Feel? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You Do Not Share The Same Passions, How Do You Feel? (987 Views)

Girls Share The Horrible Things Guys Have Done To Them / Share The Craziest Thing A Guy/girl Has Ever Done To You / Share The Crazy Things You Did While In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Do Not Share The Same Passions, How Do You Feel? by Orikinla(m): 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2007
I have a companion I love very much and I call her Sweetest for that is exactly what she is.
She is wow!
But,

Yes. There is always a but in every relationship and marriage.

I love her intoto.
But,

But what?

I am addicted to literature. But she is clueless about my literary passions.

It is a waste of time to discuss my rejection slips from publishers and it is also a waste of time to tell her the good news about success stories. So, I discuss and share my literary passions with others.

I am totally devoted to her career and I do my best and even allocated the royalties from one of my books to her without telling her.

Whenever I feel very excited and I want to share my excitement over my writings with her, I keep it to myself. Because, the last time, she did not seem excited about it.
She loves Hip-Hop and movies more than books.

I know there are many couples in similar positions. And I think it is better to let her be and love her as she is without forcing her to love literature as I do.

I believe that partners should rub minds as much as they rub shoulders.

What is your own view?
Re: When You Do Not Share The Same Passions, How Do You Feel? by ima1(f): 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2007
find something you guys are both into and work your way from that, i don't like watching news but my bf does, i love watching movies he doesn't, but because we love each other we try to atleast get into what the other person likes.

you just need to try to understand her and sit her down and explain ur stuff to her.
Re: When You Do Not Share The Same Passions, How Do You Feel? by liftedone(f): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2007
This is really important to you. It will always come up and cause you friction. Like you said, there's always a but. But can you do without her interest in this matter? Think about it.

"Many waters cannot quench love" Songs of Solomon.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Broke My Relationship / How Long Have You Been Single? / After This You Would Have Not Even One Question Left On How To Toast A Lady!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.