Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters (19978 Views)

Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by TheOne2(m): 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2011
I implore everyone to listen to rhythm 93.7 news at six o clock and confirm if their account is different from what I reported. I listened to their 12 pm news and it was same only difference being that the said "political thugs" instead of ACN thugs. My people, we all have our radios, please lisyen and report what you hear
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2011
^^ Look @theone, you should have learnt by now, from watching the arab springs in the middle east, that the one who does his homework . . . collects media, documents what is happening, ensures to report most often, is the one who gets the upper hand in protests.

You came here to tell us of what you felt happened without providing any backup. Did you really expect that folks will just say YES SIR  Be proactive. Learn to organize and ensure you document all that happens. grin
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by 2AMLasgidi: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
@The One: I need not tell you this, Are you aware that Bode George he was going to lead the protest? Do you care to know who led the protest today? Mr. Tola Animashaun (The defeated PDP Senatorial candidate) who leaves in Ikoyi. I can say this confidently that if I saw ACN thugs i will show you the pictures. I challenge YOU or anybody to post a picture of this ACN thugs, we have seen pictures of even Police arresting people, People in the balck maria etc,

What brought about all the violence? how did it start? Thats my point here. how would someone slap a police man and expect that it'll just be a smooth ride home. These guys allowed PDP to Hijack what they considered a mass action, pls see the pictures again
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2011
media propaganda
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by phuckNL: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2011
This thread below gives more account of what happened at the protest.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-827167.0.html
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Eteks: 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2011
It is obvious that bros will continue to argue about nothing because our peeps have lost the ability to trust that anything "good" does not have a k-leg to it. I'm talking here about the alternative route behind Chevron, toll gate and Scintilla. Now my bro is telling us that government only built that road because LCC fenced everyone, and that Chevron will not let anyone pass on Chevron Drive. Please!!! Chevron Drive is a public road. What about the residential estates at the end of that road? Why doesn't Chevron stop people from going to their homes?

It is very sad what happened at today's protest. I heard the 99.3FM broadcast live when their reporter calling in from the scene confirmed that a protester "beat up" a policeman, and that is what triggered police to start using tear gas and force. Isn't this what we have been warning about since? Why can't we just protest peacefully instead of always acting aggressively? What do you expect police to do in a charged situation, if someone hits one of them? We should thank God that nobody was shot or killed. I hear that the vehicles that the protesters came with were mainly luxury jeeps. This is not the poor people protesting against toll as we were led to believe. Only about 200 people showed up, not the 10,000 people we were told would come. It was the aje butter brigade. Those people that have been shouting everywhere on radio, tv and newspapers to incite everyone to riot did not show. So much for solidarity! I'm sure that the aje butter brigade had no plan to cause violence. It is also likely that the noisemakers rented a few thugs to do their work of causing the mayhem that they promised. Instead it is the aje butters who got tear gas in their eyes with some of thlem arrested and taken to Panti hq. Do you see now why I have been warning people to be careful not to become a pawn in someone else's game?

Protest is ok as long as it is peaceful and civilsed. Don't pay toll if you don't want. Use the alternative route. Please let peace reign!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Eteks: 1:31am On Dec 18, 2011
LCC has started collecting tolls at the Oniru toll gate. I've passed there 2 times already. People are paying.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by jmaine: 1:36am On Dec 18, 2011
Eteks:

LCC has started collecting tolls at the Oniru toll gate. I've passed there 2 times already. People are paying.

Thanks for the share . .are you on night duty at the toll lipsrsealed . . .When is your shift ending . .
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by efisher(m): 6:36am On Dec 18, 2011
So what did the "protesters" finally achieve? What a waste of time.

What happened here is a good picture of what will happen to removal of fuel subsidy. A few will come out to make noise and the subsidy will still be removed at the end of the day.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Pukkah: 7:26am On Dec 18, 2011
People have started paying?

Where is djustice?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 7:33am On Dec 18, 2011
There are alternative routes for those who do not want to pay; the rich in Nigeria should learn to pay taxes, for some time now its the poor that been doing it all.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 7:37am On Dec 18, 2011
otokx:

There are alternative routes for those who do not want to pay; the rich in Nigeria should learn to pay taxes, for some time now its the poor that been doing it all.

Do you have proof for any of the claims you keep making??
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 7:50am On Dec 18, 2011
Oh yes; you want to see them, it will cost you a fee.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by asha80(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2011
if people have started paying then it shows what will happen when subsidy is finally removed.all the noise about arab spring or afican summer na just noise.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2011
The problem in Nigerian is the People, not those in government, but the ordinary Nigerians out there who continue to empower, and embolden them in everything, and every way.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 8:20am On Dec 18, 2011
is it not the same people that voted Goodluck and not PDP?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The problem in Nigerian is the People, not those in government, but the ordinary Nigerians out there who continue to empower, and embolden them in everything, and every way.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2011
Let them continue to enjoy their fresh air
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Funkymallam(m): 10:54am On Dec 18, 2011
I thought the protest continues today?
I see Tinubu smiling to the bank. cheesy grin grin
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by hercules07: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2011
Fashola has provided a road that he is tolling, let the FG provide refineries and then remove subsidy, nobody will shout.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by 2AMLasgidi: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2011
Now the whole protest has fallen like a pack of card. Yoruba people will say "A house that was built with 'ordinary saliva' will be distroyed by dew" what do you expect of a politically motivated protest?

Is it the same LEKKI RESIDENT that protested yesterday that are paying the toll this morning.It is becoming clearer that yesterday's protest was Bode George handiwork (it failed!!!) Genuine agitation of Lekki people are: Give us an lternative route (It was provided). Also reduce toll fee, (not done) this i think should have been the people's point of arguement and request,
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by 2AMLasgidi: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2011
Were these people part of yersterday's Bode George's Protest
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by 2AMLasgidi: 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2011
Were these people part of yersterday's Bode George's Protest

Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

Now the whole protest has fallen like a pack of card. Yoruba people will say "A house that was built with 'ordinary saliva' will be distroyed by dew" what do you expect of a politically motivated protest?

Is it the same LEKKI RESIDENT that protested yesterday that are paying the toll this morning.It is becoming clearer that yesterday's protest was Bode George handiwork (it failed!!!) Genuine agitation of Lekki people are: Give us an lternative route (It was provided). Also reduce toll fee,  (not done) this i think should have been the people's point of arguement and request,  

babatunde fashola is too nice for lagosians!

in his shoes, i would spray hundreds of toll plazas on the major roads in lagos. any lekki resident who feels that particular road should not be tolled can ply the alternative routes. it's not by force to use a tolled road. they all argue lekki is a residential area and it shouldn't be tolled. . . .what about the commercial joints in the lekki area? what about the massive multi-national companies that are populating the whole place and making lekki landlords laugh to their bank?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Eteks: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2011
Bro jermain, I'm now convinced if not certain that you don't live in the Lekki Axis. If you did and were truly concerned about what happens to Lekki, you might have driven to the toll gate as I deliberately did at midnight yesterday. Please stop hating.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by naptu2: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2011
My neighbour just saw Fashola's motorcade drive through the toll gate. They paid their toll, got to phase 1 roundabout and turned back.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2011
Leading by example; FASHOLA is the man.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by 2AMLasgidi: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2011
It is becoming clearer that some people are bent on creating problems on Lekki-Ajah Expressway. Can you imagine some motorists drove to the Lekki Toll Plaza and delibrately resists payment in protest. Now they are causing serious traffic. Cant people just use the use alternative Route if they dont have money to pay I know they have money, I guess it is a PROTEST in another way to Create a traffic jam to blackmail!!!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by hercules07: 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2011
Their cars should be towed and they should be charged to court.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by philip0906(m): 8:09pm On Dec 18, 2011
c peeps putting up lame defence as 2 y there should be a toll gate. . .Maybe they'll also put up one as 2 y LASU tuition fees was hiked,y bad roads litter d metropolis(my area alone-ejigbo,iyana-isolo,ikotun) despite d huge revenue d state makes. . .SHIOR
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by lastpage: 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2011
@Kobojunkie

Exactly!
When one NPN bigwig came out around 1984 to tell us that "he has not seen any Nigerian eating from the refuse heap, that Nigerians are living fine, Nigerians did not protest, despite the wicked and crunching bite of 'SAP (structural Adjustment Prog.) and IMF' conditionalities imposed, to make life BETTER WORSE! Today, we know better! We know who and who, SAP enriched but definitely not the supposed masses.

When GEJ said he would rather "risk going into confrontation with Nigerians, over fuel subsidy, than tackle the "Cabal members" enriching themselves from it, "He knew what he was saying (and doing)!

When House of Assembly members appropriate jumbo pay to themselves without a care about the masses and their Senate President says "Arab Spring type of Protest" can NEVER HAPPEN IN NIGERIA, he knew what he was saying!

When Fela Anikulapo Kuti (RIP) called Nigerians "SUFFERING AND SMILING", he was 'spot-on' with his assessment!
grin

Thus when Fashola and Tinubu insists the people using and living along that refurbished road must be milked, to enrich themselves and NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, they know what they are saying!

Until NIGERIANS in general, can RID THEMSELVES of this "selfishness-induced" DOCILITY, l guess l should also look for a way to milk them as well wink angry

Even in Freetown, Freedom is NOT FREE, it comes at a price (something Nigerian masses are not willing to pay for themselves and their freedom!)

Until that day!

I rest my case.

Lastpage
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by jmaine: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2011
Eteks:

Bro jermain, I'm now convinced if not certain that you don't live in the Lekki Axis. [size=18pt]If you did and were truly concerned about what happens to Lekki, you might have driven to the toll gate as I deliberately did at midnight yesterday[/size]. Please stop hating.

So not going to the toll means i don't have concerns . .Now that is so funny . . . Guess your concern was to ensure the tolling commences rather than not . .who are you tryna fool here . . Say something else abeg

And still some pretty lame arguments from fellas about why the toll is justified . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Second Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office / Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Church, Kill Six / Buhari Backs Governor Mohammed Abubakar To Sue INEC Over Bauchi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.