Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters (19975 Views)

Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by phuckNL: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2011
moremi2008:

Nigerians are enemies of progress sha! Where were all these protesters when the roads were being built? They want free road, abi? The can protest all they want, nothing will happen. Tolls will be collected on that road per agreement otherwise, all hopes of further PPP developments in Lagos will be crushed and all Lagos people will be on the losing end.

All of una just like to dey open mouth. Did LCC build any road? You cannot refurbish a road and expect to toll the residents for 30years.
LCC has not done anything special. They have only added one freaking lane to each side. THEY SHOULDA BUILT A NEW ROAD. No body will disturb them if they build thier own road and toll it. SHeesh
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2011
steeviee:

@justice, you have spoken well. Please update us on the planned march; where and when. I am fully ready to join that march. This is the time to fight for my kids and family for what is perceived slavery. "30 years" the toll by then may be Naira10,000 and what will they say of their father and granfather.

i noticed Eko ole "the thief" has gone AWOL. Is it not laughable?  sad

Ode, me awol for you losers, who told you wrong?

Btw, you are the same djustice, you don't need another id just to spew the same nonsense, coward.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by chuksikem(m): 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2011
it is only someone that does not stay along the lekki-epe axis that will support this toll collection. angry angry

its crazy, sadafter paying tax in the office and property tax, they still cannot provide the only amenity that govt have sole monopoly over.after all we provide our own electricity,water,security,health,education etc

i  stay in ajah and i must confess, its horrible going home after a hard day's job.
i spend a minimuim of 2-3hrs everyday in traffic from law school all the way to ajah, the bulk of the traffic is at chevron roundabout, where i spend 2hrs all because the lousy and greedy hitech guys dedicated their whole workforce into erecting the toll plaza, thereby neglecting the road construction.the Hitech guys are so incompetent, imagine constructing a roundabout at badore junction??WTF, do they know the kind of traffic that will come out of that place??what happened to constructing flyovers??

If not for greed, assuming they erect walls along the entire stretch of the road and allow people pay to advertise, imagine the kind of money they will make, those guys are just plain dull.

LGSG can never try this kind of rubbish in agege,mushin or ajegule, they feel lekki-epe residents are cool people hence will not make trouble, i laff in chinese, cos from the interactions i've had with some youths, 18-12-2011 will surely be a day to remember, i only pity the unfortunate staff of LCC stationed to collect tolls, cos they will get the beating of their lives, nonsense
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by karlmax2: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2011
Quote moremi2008:
Nigerians are enemies of progress sha! Where were all these protesters when the roads were being built? They want free road, abi? The can protest all they want, nothing will happen. Tolls will be collected on that road per agreement otherwise, all hopes of further PPP developments in Lagos will be crushed and all Lagos people will be on the losing end.

Please M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ if Ʊ don't knw anything about the lekki epe express road ask and Ʊ shall be put up to speed that road has been in existance for 20 years and was built by jakande pls point of correction the road was not built by LCC!!! LCC only upgraded it to 3 lane.some people post that the place was not accessable before and LCC built road that road before Lcc upgrade was one of the best road in lagos and the only major government amenity in lekki.why did lcc go and construct the coastal road and put toll gate on dem.I repeat the road was not built by LCC 25km was upgraded by LCC to 3 lane and the mounted 3 toll gate they can toll the one lane they added,
If Ʊ don't live or uve never been on that road before pls stop giving acn jakande's glory he built the lekki-epe express road and not Lcc
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by phantom(m): 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2011
Fashola the smart crook, lol.you dey tax the whole world yet nothing to show.i even thought that road was constructed from scratch the way they were making noise about it? Kai tinubu don finish the place.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by phantom(m): 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2011
Akwaibom and rivers dey expand roads + build fly overs up and down without toll yet lagos wey dey make excess cash in taxes dey tell story.i laugh in pidgin
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2011
Your foolishness has always been obvious, with the anal stuff you've been posting on this site for your boyfriends and masters. What will be exposed from Sunday going forward is that it is not your fault that you are so foolish. Years of ingesting the kind of sh1t you've been ingesting can do that sort of thing to your medula oblongata.

The foolishness radiates on a level that cannot be quantified. Why else would you believe that I would use another handle to deal with your type on this or any other site?

Your position is untenable, and so is that of your employers. That is why you see so many right-thinking people opposing you and your team on nairaland. You can go and report to them that Sunday will fail, based on what you've seen here. Any attempt to collect that money by force, either by coercing people at the gate, or by blackmailing anybody, will be met with stiff, relentless opposition. Gaddafi's exit from Libya will be child's play compared to what you people are about to start.

Enough is enough. This is WAR!

Eko Ile:

Btw, you are the same djustice, you don't need another id just to spew the same nonsense, coward.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2011
Sad. What makes it even more sad is that Lagos gets almost the same amount as Akwa Ibom in Federal Allocations, and makes WAY MORE in IGR. Lagos has less land area to cover, and yet cannot build roads beyond the imagination of a hallucinating governor, who once claimed to have built more roads than Ghana and Sierra Leone.

Quite how I formed the impression that Fashola has any iota of decency in his veins, I'll never quite fathom, just going from that statement.

phantom:

Akwaibom and rivers dey expand roads + build fly overs up and down without toll yet lagos wey dey make excess cash in taxes dey tell story.i laugh in pidgin
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2011
djustice:

Your foolishness has always been obvious, with the BehindBased stuff you've been posting on this site for your boyfriends and masters. What will be exposed from Sunday going forward is that it is not your fault that you are so foolish. Years of ingesting the kind of sh1t you've been ingesting can do that sort of thing to your medula oblongata.

The foolishness radiates on a level that cannot be quantified. Why else would you believe that I would use another handle to deal with your type on this or any other site?

Your position is untenable, and so is that of your employers. That is why you see so many right-thinking people opposing you and your team on nairaland. You can go and report to them that Sunday will fail, based on what you've seen here. Any attempt to collect that money by force, either by coercing people at the gate, or by blackmailing anybody, will be met with stiff, relentless opposition. Gaddafi's exit from Libya will be child's play compared to what you people are about to start.

Enough is enough. This is WAR!

Shut your mouth.  You should know by now that your ridiculous nonsense and insanity means nothing to me,

Dumb i.diot.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2011
Karl Max, my brother, please, help me educate these ignoramuses, who just type compulsively, so they can say they too, contributed to the discussion. Moreover, they haven't gone beyond 10km, in terms of completed expansion. Their total length of their targeted expansion is just 23km, out of 49.4km which was originally stated in the project proposals.

The remaining 26.5km is to be fitted with a new median. No resurfacing, nothing!!!

Yet they want to collect tolls. May God punish them and their generations to come for even having the temerity to dream up this crazy plan.

karl max:

Quote moremi2008:

Please M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ if Ʊ don't knw anything about the lekki epe express road ask and Ʊ shall be put up to speed that road has been in existance for 20 years and was built by jakande pls point of correction the road was not built by LCC!!! LCC only upgraded it to 3 lane.some people post that the place was not accessable before and LCC built road that road before Lcc upgrade was one of the best road in lagos and the only major government amenity in lekki.why did lcc go and construct the coastal road and put toll gate on dem.I repeat the road was not built by LCC 25km was upgraded by LCC to 3 lane and the mounted 3 toll gate they can toll the one lane they added,
If Ʊ don't live or uve never been on that road before pls stop giving acn jakande's glory he built the lekki-epe express road and not Lcc  
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by steeviee(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

@ Eko ole the hungry ass licker. Obviously you often set up multiple IDs just to defend your stupid pay masters. You think everybody is a coward like you. ode
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by drills: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2011
I think some posters are either benefiting directly/indirectly financially from the LCC, this has becloud their sense of reasoning. Tolling a highly residential area one toll per 10km shows high level of irresponsibility on the side of Lagos State govt. They should construct a new road "Beach Road" and install tolls, noot ano existing road
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2011
Does anything mean anything to you? Is it not your life's vocation to swallow, ingest or snort up sh1t from Tinubu and Fashola's azzes, and regurgitate same to anyone that cares to read your garbage on this site?

YOU sir, are the dumb eeedddiiioooottt!!! No surprise though, since your bosses, whose sh1t you're spewing here, are just as dumb and eediooootic!!!

Eko Ile:

Shut your mouth.  You should know by now that your ridiculous nonsense and insanity means nothing to me,

Dumb i.diot.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2011
phantom:

Olodo, they should be doing way more than that for free. Their combined population is less than half of lagos state and they are almost 3 times richer than lagos state if we go by the population and needs. Besides lagos state is doing way way better than the aimless and goofy states you're peddling.

With all their money, when was the last time they commissioned any project? What what project or any major project do they have going on? Nothing.

So where is all that money? Don't tell me, we all know what they are doing with its. Inside pocket.

Please keep quite with that rubbish. Lagos go always dey ahead of all of you put together.

Losers.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by hercules07: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2011
The 18th will soon be here, the PPP thing is backed by law, if anybody is aggrieved they should go to court, if you stand in the way of legitimate business, reasonable force will be used against you, hope people know that reasonable force is not reasonable in Nigeria.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by daphil: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2011
I am in support of the rally come 18th of December, 2011. I suggest that all media houses should be carried along. Let them come and see transformation (enslavement) happening in Lagos. What do we even derived from all these glorified looters and rouges called government? Very soon they will placing tolls/taxes on their families.

I suggest that federal government should start tolling the 3rd mainland bridge from January 2012 to compliment Lagos State government senseless and gullible action.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by nku5: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2011
I pray I can be in lagos by the 18th so I can play my part in this exercise. I was part of the earlier marches and this one is going to be the most crucial.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2011
hercules07:

The 18th will soon be here, the PPP thing is backed by law, if anybody is aggrieved they should go to court, if you stand in the way of legitimate business, reasonable force will be used against you, hope people know that reasonable force is not reasonable in Nigeria.

Just don't cry when the people respond in self-defence. I hope you know that self-defence can mean many things in Nigeria.

So, they've sent you to come and threaten us with violence? Abi? No wahala. We will see on the day. Bi iku lo ni oko, bi takute ni,
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by karlmax2: 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2011
phantom:
Fashola the smart crook, lol.you dey tax the whole world yet nothing to show.i even thought that road was constructed from scratch the way they were making noise about it? Kai tinubu don finish the place.

My broda no be dem build the road na jakande na upgrade for 10km road dem do and wan put 3 toll gate.the upgrade is even substandard the road is bubbly and some place are patched the 2 lane that jakande built is far far better than the patched ugrade they did.that is why they brided ojomu with a car gift that day we would Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ if the will of the people would not prevail
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by nku5: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ hercules07- forget that violence thing. On saturday I saw a convoy of buses coming back from a meeting at ajah, their banner read- "marginalized lagos indigenes forum" or something like that. At the tollgate around chevron they harrassed the hell out the police posted there. When indigenes dey vex government must tread carefully
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by karlmax2: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2011
My Dear Fellow Lagosians,
Enough is Enough to Tinubu's// LCC's insatiable greed. Let us stand up and say a Loud "NO" to exploitation regarding the planned Collection of Toll Fees on the Lekki-Epe Express way from 18th Dec 2011. This will Never Work!!!
***They collect our tax money, grossly inflated the road contract and they have the guts to ask us to pay for their greed, corrupt and flamboyant lifestyles! Are we fools? Are we stupid?****

PLEASE let us protest the planned collection of N120 per toll gate regardless of the number of times u pass the road on a day!!!. If u pass d toll twice a day, do you realize that amounts to N7,200 per month and N86,400 per year! :/!! Who get that kind money for toll gate!! How much do a lot of people even earn to pay out soooooo much!!!>:O Jakande built 2 lanes and didn't collect tolls, they added 1 lane and want to collect tolls for 3lanes!!!

Let us keep RE-BROADCASTING this MSG and come out for a Mass Protest starting from 18th Dec 2011. Do not be afraid. The Lord is our Strength! ENOUGH Is ENOUGH!!!!!!!! Please REBROADCAST This Message!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by phantom(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ eko, My friend stop whining, please tell me how much infrastructural difference lagos has witnessed from when it stopped being fc t till now bearing in mind your acn led govt has been in control 12 out of the 20years yet you are comparing to states that are building from scratch.dont make me laugh.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2011
karl max:

phantom:

My broda no be dem build the road na jakande na upgrade for 10km road dem do and wan put 3 toll gate.the upgrade is even substandard the road is bubbly and some place are patched the 2 lane that jakande built is far far better than the patched ugrade they did.that is why they brided ojomu with a car gift that day we would  Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ if the will of the people would not prevail

Ojomu is not with them, and they know it. That man is conscious of history, and does not want to be the Oba that sold his people into slavery. We know Saheed Elegushi, the Usurper of Ikate, is with them. We are waiting to see what Oniru will do. He knows how hard his ancestors, himself and his brothers fought to get that land they now call Oniru Estate, from their vast lands taken from them by the British. He knows deprivation. We'll see if he actually remembers to do the right thing and not allow them to enslave his people for the next 30 years.

All the traditional rulers, from Isale-Eko to Epe, are being observed closely. Time will tell how their people will treat them. As heroes, or as pariahs.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2011
karl max:

Enough is Enough to Tinubu's// LCC's insatiable greed. Let us stand up and say a Loud "NO" to exploitation regarding the planned Collection of Toll Fees on the Lekki-Epe Express way from 18th Dec 2011. This will Never Work!!!
***They collect our tax money, grossly inflated the road contract and they have the guts to ask us to pay for their greed, corrupt and flamboyant lifestyles! Are we fools? Are we silly?****

PLEASE let us protest the planned collection of N120 per toll gate regardless of the number of times u pass the road on a day!!!. If u pass d toll twice a day, do you realize that amounts to N7,200 per month and N86,400 per year! :/!! Who get that kind money for toll gate!! How much do a lot of people even earn to pay out soooooo much!!!>:O Jakande built 2 lanes and didn't collect tolls, they added 1 lane and want to collect tolls for 3lanes!!!

Let us keep RE-BROADCASTING this MSG and come out for a Mass Protest starting from 18th Dec 2011. Do not be afraid. The Lord is our Strength! ENOUGH Is ENOUGH!!!!!!!! Please REBROADCAST This Message!

Well done, Karl Max. I suggest we all access nairaland from our bb, so we can copy, paste and rebroadcast this message via twitter, FB and bb.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by karlmax2: 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^ my broda we are going to block those toll gate with our cars and the whole community in that axis will come out with for on that day.the economic effect it would have on the poor villagers on that axis will be unbearable price of every thing would sky rocket
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by daphil: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2011
***They collect our tax money, grossly inflated the road contract and they have the guts to ask us to pay for their greed, corrupt and flamboyant lifestyles! Are we fools? Are we silly?****

Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2011
Losers grin grin grin
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by brainpulse: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2011
i support  this match with every blood that flows through my vains though i dont live in that area but, if we dont stand for social justice, responsibility and accountability, goverment will always take us for a ride. I had suppported fashola with close interest before, but was greatly disappointed that he is a wolf in sheep clothing. Lagos states generates the highest revenue in all west africa according to recent reports ( i will post latter) without anything to shoe. Isheri road up to tommorrow is abandoned despite theproject being awarded by Tinubu 2times and fashola the third term, yet the people that paid taxes through their nose are atill suffering. If this continues all roads in lagos will be towed and people will be made to suffer. I recently heard that he supported the subsidy removal, they are all Demons that needs to be flushed out by fire by force. Lets circulate the message to evrybody home and abroad, lets get international press involved so that any act against humanity will be recorded and followed by ICC.

I support with everypart of me even my heartbeat
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by dDoyen: 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2011
The funniest part about all this is that 90% of the residents in this area STILL voted for Fashola despite the obvious realization of what was to happen as per the toll
SMH
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by brainpulse: 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2011
Eko Ile you are the father of all losers. I know you dont stay there and your generations dont have hope to stay there, that is why you dont feel others cry for social justice but remember that if you throw stone in the market one day , it will surely hit your relative
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2011
dDoyen:

The funniest part about all this is that 90% of the residents in this area STILL voted for Fashola despite the obvious realization of what was to happen as per the toll
SMH
They didn't. The election was rigged by Saheed Elegushi, the Usurper of Ikate, and other members of the Asiwaju Criminal Network in that area. They came to the collation centre with guns, and the police simply melted away, obviously bribed!!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by brainpulse: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2011
djustice:

They didn't. The election was rigged by Saheed Elegushi, the Usurper of Ikate, and other members of the Asiwaju Criminal Network in that area. They came to the collation centre with guns, and the police simply melted away, obviously bribed!!

those are history for now. But if we dont re-write those ones that affects us closely. the course from our children will chase us even in the grave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / APC Primaries: How Governors Put Oshiomhole In Trouble / Borno APC Chairman, Lawmakers Scale Fence For Refusing To Pay Hired Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.