Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982294 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Nadison4real: Hello Nairalanders!

Pls I am new here and was introduced by a friend, I am planning on traveling to UK through a friend who is processing my document, according him he mentioned something of having a woman there who will help me in obtaining a legal permit to live and work there. He further said that with the help of the woman the immigration will give me a 2yrs permit upon the expiry date they will still extend it to another 2 years for six years and after that , A British passport will be given to me as a citizen. Pls I really need some advice from people living in Uk if this is true cos according him we will be going info a contract agreement soon with the British woman upon I will pay £5,000 based on installmental for one year while working there. Pls I need some serious advice from good NIgerian living over there if there's Job opportunities for JJC(johnny just come) thanks and waiting for your response.

If you got nothing important to do with that money put it under your pillow and sleep over it.

You can't call such a person a friend.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RedReact: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
@Justwise, you no give am good advice o.
@Nadison4real, just give me the money as a seed of blessing and your life no go remain the same again.
If person tell you these things wey you talk so, na double slap you for give am. The choice is yours though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
justwise:

If you got nothing important to do with that money put it under your pillow and sleep over it.

You can't call such a person a friend.

Justwise, pls is it okay for an international student to booked a 14 days hotel until he arrive in the country to search for suitable apartment? a friend has been searching for accommodation but all the those we found saying they cannot guarantee the availability in September.. So its on the school website that if student wish to book hotel and stay there for few days till the student will search for apartment that is fine.

What do u think? it's for Irish student though and Tuition has been paid in full plus medical insurance...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Justwise, pls is it okay for an international student to booked a 14 days hotel until he arrive in the country to search for suitable apartment? a friend has been searching for accommodation but all the those we found saying they cannot guarantee the availability in September.. So its on the school website that if student wish to book hotel and stay there for few days till the student will search for apartment that is fine.

What do u think? it's for Irish student though and Tuition has been paid in full plus medical insurance...

Perfectly ok to do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
justwise:

Perfectly ok to do that.

Thanks and God bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jahsgirl: 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hi everyone,

Just signed up on Nairaland and will like some clarifications on my mums visa having gone through most of the post here.

She is an elderly woman, totally dependent on us her kids. Has travelled severally to UK and US. No rejections before. Last visa to UK was in 2005 but she didnt use it. Currently she wants to apply again, invitation by my older sis in UK, will also cover accommodation and feeding. Another sis of mine who lives in Naija is bearing the cost for the trip.In the past,my sis in London used to sponsor the entire trip.

We want to apply that she will be staying for 3 months. Now my questions are, what exactly should my sister here in Lagos write in her sponsorship letter and what is the approx cost for ticket and spending money for 3 months, is NGN600k okay to fill in the form as cost of travel? Also apart from bank statements and payslips, what should she include? My sister in London already sent her passport biodata page, mortgage and council tax documents and 3 months payslip, she's a nurse with NHS. Will really appreciate a reply. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2013
Jahsgirl: Hi everyone,

Just signed up on Nairaland and will like some clarifications on my mums visa having gone through most of the post here.

She is an elderly woman, totally dependent on us her kids. Has travelled severally to UK and US. No rejections before. Last visa to UK was in 2005 but she didnt use it. Currently she wants to apply again, invitation by my older sis in UK, will also cover accommodation and feeding. Another sis of mine who lives in Naija is bearing the cost for the trip.In the past,my sis in London used to sponsor the entire trip.

We want to apply that she will be staying for 3 months. Now my questions are, what exactly should my sister here in Lagos write in her sponsorship letter and what is the approx cost for ticket and spending money for 3 months, is NGN600k okay to fill in the form as cost of travel? Also apart from bank statements and payslips, what should she include? My sister in London already sent her passport biodata page, mortgage and council tax documents and 3 months payslip, she's a nurse with NHS. Will really appreciate a reply. Thank you in anticipation.

The sponsorship letter is basically going to state that she is sending her to spend sometimes with your sister in London...that the family ( your sister in and Nigeria and in London) will be contributing to her up keeps throughout the period as she is a pensioner ..bla bla blas

If you want to know how much it will cost then search for cost of ticket and the cost of things she planned to do in London...

I don't think that stating 3months is a good idea, stating 3-4 weeks sounds more appropriate since the visa duration is 6months anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
Please house,i have a friend that want to apply for uk visa, the purpose of the visit is training n conference. What kind of visa form is him going to fill, is it the same VAF 1A application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tox2k(m): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ecash Planet: Hello house,

Does anyone have an idea of the length of time it takes the UK border office to process a visitor-in-transit visa application here in Nigeria?

I haved checked their website, the only information on processing times is for other categories of visa application.

Kindly tell.

Thanks
Hi folks! Pls does anyone know how long it takes 2 process a first-time adult British Passport? Need 2 know urgently, pls. Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2013
Vicjustice:
Are you applying from inside or outside the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
tox2k:
Hi folks! Pls does anyone know how long it takes 2 process a first-time adult British Passport? Need 2 know urgently, pls. Thanks!
Are you applying from inside or outside the UK?
Perhaps the best thing is to check the home office website itself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jahsgirl: 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
justwise:

The sponsorship letter is basically going to state that she is sending her to spend sometimes with your sister in London...that the family ( your sister in and Nigeria and in London) will be contributing to her up keeps throughout the period as she is a pensioner ..bla bla blas

If you want to know how much it will cost then search for cost of ticket and the cost of things she planned to do in London...

I don't think that stating 3months is a good idea, stating 3-4 weeks sounds more appropriate since the visa duration is 6months anyway.

Thanks for your response, I will definitely shorten the duration although we plan that she will stay longer than that.I will think up things that i think she can do but for a 70+ old woman, i am sure it is limited. We just want her to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Lagos. The questions on the online application is like JAMB questions smiley grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oln: 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
Please justwise&vicJustice,I'll like to know if a leave of absence is compulsory since I'm already going to attach my PG admission letter to my UK application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
oln: Please justwise&vicJustice,I'll like to know if a leave of absence is compulsory since I'm already going to attach my PG admission letter to my UK application form
If anyone has a commitment (whether occupational or academical) it is necessary that the person provides documentation that s/he is allowed to be absent for a given period of time otherwise it may be judged that the person's intention is illegitimate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hello house, quick question. On the online form, the part which says, 'how much money will be available for your visit' is that referring to money in your account alone or money combined if you're being sponsored for maybe the flight.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
Na wa o

seems they need to rephrase that question, many people are asking that several times now
hope there's a support document online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2013
gbaby87: Hello house, quick question. On the online form, the part which says, 'how much money will be available for your visit' is that referring to money in your account alone or money combined if you're being sponsored for maybe the flight.

Thanks

That question is basically asking you how much you have budgeted for the trip. How much will the trip cost you?

You can't answer that question if you haven't calculated for real how much the trip will cost you. The amount it will cost you is the amount available for you

That amount realistically has to be more than enough for the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2013
Dis Guy: Na wa o

seems they need to rephrase that question, many people are asking that several times now
hope there's a support document online

Yeah its a very sneaky question (excuse for them to deny you and waste your time and money). There's no document or anything to clarify the question at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
justwise:

That question is basically asking you how much you have budgeted for the trip. How much will the trip cost you?

You can't answer that question if you haven't calculated for real how much the trip will cost you. The amount it will cost you is the amount available for you

That amount realistically has to be more than enough for the trip

Yeah but what i'm trying to figure out here is there's a seperate question for if part of your trip is sponsored, and another one for how much it'll cost u personally. So what i'm trying to understand here is, what do they want? Cost of the whole trip? You plus sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oln: 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
But Vicjustice my hubby is actually the main financier and we are going together.He has his leave approval and I thought that will suffice because getting a leave approval from the school I attend may entail a very long procedure.Please clarify me on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by loomjet: 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Please where can i find uk spouse visa forum on this site. thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
loomjet: Please where can i find uk spouse visa forum on this site. thanks all

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gentlejulius: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
please i need assistance....am a nigerian residing in spain without residential permit.but i have a fiancee with a UK passport but not a nigerian.we are in love promise to marry each other.she works and owns her house.is it possible to get a visa here in spain to join her?and i do not know the visa to apply for if it is possible.....PLEASE HELP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
gentle julius: please i need assistance....am a nigerian residing in spain without residential permit.but i have a fiancee with a UK passport but not a nigerian.we are in love promise to marry each other.she works and owns her house.is it possible to get a visa here in spain to join her?and i do not know the visa to apply for if it is possible.....PLEASE HELP.

Are you living illegally or have another type of visa in your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oln: 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
Pls house,respond to my question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
oln: Please justwise&vicJustice,I'll like to know if a leave of absence is compulsory since I'm already going to attach my PG admission letter to my UK application form

You need to attach a letter from your company indicating that your are permitted to travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oln: 11:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
@justwise;I'm studying and not working.I really don't think they give leave of absence in the school I attend(though iv never asked)Thought with that of my husband who's the chief applicant it covers for mine.I only have my admission letter and school fees receipt.One more thing,most of our documents(marriage certificate,admission letter are laminated.Hope it doesn't matter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
oln: @justwise;I'm studying and not working.I really don't think they give leave of absence in the school I attend(though iv never asked)Thought with that of my husband who's the chief applicant it covers for mine.I only have my admission letter and school fees receipt.One more thing,most of our documents(marriage certificate,admission letter are laminated.Hope it doesn't matter?

Are you travelling during school holiday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
oln: But Vicjustice my hubby is actually the main financier and we are going together.He has his leave approval and I thought that will suffice because getting a leave approval from the school I attend may entail a very long procedure.Please clarify me on this
Your husband's application and yours are two different applications even though you are applying together and intend to travel together: therefore, each application would be treated in its own merit.
While it is allowed for either of you to be financially responsible for the other, you can not use his occupational clearance for yourself, you need to meet the requirements as well by providing your own clearance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oln: 8:48am On Jun 17, 2013
@justwise&VicJustice;thank you soo much.@justwise;We intend travelling during the christmas break.

How about submitting laminated certificates,does it matter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:17am On Jun 17, 2013
oln: @justwise&VicJustice;thank you soo much.@justwise;We intend travelling during the christmas break.

How about submitting laminated certificates,does it matter?
What certificates are they?
By the way, laminated certificates (of hard documents) are considered as tampered documents, and therefore, may be unacceptable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oln: 10:23am On Jun 17, 2013
Reallllypls vicjustice what do you advice I do.Our marriage certificates,children's birth certificates,company's certificate of incorporation are all laminated.Can it be removed without distroying the certificate

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.