Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,106 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (996484 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by opsy4real1: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2013
justwise:
When was the 10yrs ban introduced?

i remember it was not long after my last application than the ban thing filtered....think 2009
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:30am On Jun 25, 2013
opsy4real1:

i remember it was not long after my last application than the ban thing filtered....think 2009

It was 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:09am On Jun 25, 2013
opsy4real1: hello to you all on this thread...I need experienced people in the house to profer meaningful advice toward re-applying for a u.k tourist visa anytime frm now after 6years i was denied. I was denied twice actualy of student visas in 2007 and 2008 respectively. In 2006, my refusal was based on d fact that they doubt d genuinety of my sponsor's statement of account and that funding my education wud impose an additional financial burden upon him and that they r not satisfied that the increased financial outlay is commensurate with his current economic circumstances and that such funds wud actualy be available to me in da u.k. . Second time around i reapplied in 2008 and again denied on the ground that 'i was unemployed and i already have a degree from 2006 and yet i av failed to secure any employment and i have failed to submit any evidence of my own financial circumstances. in an overall assesment of d credibility of the application, they r nt satisfied the cost of the study is proportionate to my current economic circumstances or that there are advantages i might derive frm dis course of study. I am nt satisfied, on d balance of probabilities that i intend to follow d course. It further stated that my application also falls to be refused unda paragraph 320(7A) of d immigration rules:where false representations av been made or false documents have been submitted(whether or not material to d applicaton,and whether or not to d applicant's knowledge) or material facts av not been disclosed in relation to d application. You state dat d cost of ur tuition.maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by ur uncle mr. Bleep. As evidence of his means u av submitted 2 vehicle proof of ownershp certificates. As a result of checks made by this office i am satisfied to a high degree of probability that this document is nt genuine and the production of such documents undermines d credibility of my applicatn and causes me to doubt ur intentions in the u.k..(this is my story) Now i am self employed afta workin for a company for 2 yrs btw 2010 and 2012. I registered my biz in jan 2013(abt 7months ago) and now I av a vry gud income and bank balance..i av traveled to 4 countries within last 2 yrs. Now i plan to apply for a u.k tourist visa. Wat r my chances as per my previous applicatns wit dem?
Even if the foul was committed before the ban system came into effect, you will still get the ban the very moment that you apply for a visa, and even after serving the 10 years, you may still be asked to explain what actually took place
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2013
Vicjustice/Justwise..

There is a question for you,at this link https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas/19

Had a friend with a similar case,in fact the wordings of the refusal notice are exactly the same,so I am interested in knowing what your advise will be for this person.

I trust you'd do justice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomonwis: Vicjustice/Justwise..

There is a question for you,at this link https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas/19

Had a friend with a similar case,in fact the wordings of the refusal notice are exactly the same,so I am interested in knowing what your advise will be for this person.

I trust you'd do justice.
Won't it be more reasonable if the person asks the question him/herself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
Vicjustice: Won't it be more reasonable if the person asks the question him/herself?

You didn't check the link vicjustice,somebody asked a question...i am only interested in your response. I am not asking any question on behalf of anybody.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomonwis:

You didn't check the link vicjustice,somebody asked a question...i am only interested in your response. I am not asking any question on behalf of anybody.

My mistake.
Well, i have given my response on that... It is actually encouraging to know that there are people who desire to hear my say on some given matters. Thanks for the interest smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
Vicjustice:
My mistake.
Well, i have given my response on that... It is actually encouraging to know that there are people who desire to hear my say on some given matters. Thanks for the interest smiley

You are the man. Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dizzyk: 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
Good day guys, have read a lot about your advises and think it' Ok for me to seek for one.
I applied for UK visa in August 2003, I was refused on ground that the training date I was going for was already past, cant remember other reasons.
My concern now is this, I have since not applied for UK visa because I knew the wedding certificate presented then was FAKE (I quoted the date of my traditional introduction which was in May), though I got legally married same year in November.
In the last five years, I have been to few countries (China,US, South Africa, Germany,Spain,France, Netherland all these severally except US which was once), economically too I have had tremendous leap, run my own business on 300K a month.
I have factory producing water (table),have a property worth 15million, another under construction, have another business doing a turn over of average of 30million per anumn.
Am married with kids and we have done family trips to SA & Paris and other cities of Schenghen.
My question is this: Will they not visit my sin of fake document of 2003 on me, as honestly speaking the only country of repute in Europe I have not visited is UK and I want to go....candid advise needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
Vicjustice:
It depends on your destinations and the (country's visa) that you already have. If you are passing through there on transit, you'd need a TRANSIT VISA, and if you're visiting the territories, you'd need a UK VISIT/TOURIST VISA with a remark explicitly giving you clearance into the territories

Thank you VicJustice, I'm heading to Turks and Caicos. Planning to spend 2-3 months there.
So, which one will I be needing, Transit visa through UK or Visiting Visa.
Thanks.

VicJustice, pls yu skipped my post @ d previous page. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
waka-about:

Thank you VicJustice, I'm heading to Turks and Caicos. Planning to spend 2-3 months there.
So, which one will I be needing, Transit visa through UK or Visiting Visa.
Thanks.

VicJustice, pls yu skipped my post @ d previous page. Thanks
Like with many of these tiny Caribbean Islands, visa is not normally required for Nigerian passport holders who have something reasonable to do in there, yet, entry can not be guaranteed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dizzyk: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
@Vicjustice , you seem to be the expert here, kindly respond.

Good day guys, have read a lot about your advises and think it' Ok for me to seek for one.
I applied for UK visa in August 2003, I was refused on ground that the training date I was going for was already past, cant remember other reasons.
My concern now is this, I have since not applied for UK visa because I knew the wedding certificate presented then was FAKE (I quoted the date of my traditional introduction which was in May), though I got legally married same year in November.
In the last five years, I have been to few countries (China,US, South Africa, Germany,Spain,France, Netherland all these severally except US which was once), economically too I have had tremendous leap, run my own business on 300K a month.
I have factory producing water (table),have a property worth 15million, another under construction, have another business doing a turn over of average of 30million per anumn.
Am married with kids and we have done family trips to SA & Paris and other cities of Schenghen.
My question is this: Will they not visit my sin of fake document of 2003 on me, as honestly speaking the only country of repute in Europe I have not visited is UK and I want to go....candid advise needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pandora1: 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hello house!!! I've been meaning to apply for a visa for my graduation but things has been coming up and causing delays. My graduation is on the 10th of july and I want to aply by friday using the priority visa. How long do you guys think it would take. Thanks for all your efforts at answering all the numerous questions posted here. It has helped a lot. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by staa: 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Good day house..i was advsed to seek expert opinion on this thread, would really appreciate if i can get one...
I applied for a UK visa in 2010 as a petty trader before i started working but i was refused because i didnt have a tax clearance,registration of biz n all that..i didnt bother reapplying because it was just a try ur luck thin and i wassnt ready to register any biz for visa purpose. however i got a job the following month with a total annual emolument of over 4million naira..Prior to 2010 refusal have been to Dubai,SA,and some african countries like 5tyms den afterwards i went to SA and Dubai once each...I decided to apply this year for my annual leave but got a refusal.It was so surprising because they had no issue with my finances. they simply said u claim u work with...... and earn ....,you have no family commiment,u propose to travel alone as a tourist and stay at a hotel,you state u have no friends in d UK. Given the statements you made and documentary evidence. i am not satisfied that your circumstance in nigeria are as shown your intentions bla bla bla.. pls sm1 help me out as i intend to reapply,was i refused because am single
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
staa: Good day house..i was advsed to seek expert opinion on this thread, would really appreciate if i can get one...
I applied for a UK visa in 2010 as a petty trader before i started working but i was refused because i didnt have a tax clearance,registration of biz n all that..i didnt bother reapplying because it was just a try ur luck thin and i wassnt ready to register any biz for visa purpose. however i got a job the following month with a total annual emolument of over 4million naira..Prior to 2010 refusal have been to Dubai,SA,and some african countries like 5tyms den afterwards i went to SA and Dubai once each...I decided to apply this year for my annual leave but got a refusal.It was so surprising because they had no issue with my finances. they simply said u claim u work with...... and earn ....,you have no family commiment,u propose to travel alone as a tourist and stay at a hotel,you state u have no friends in d UK. Given the statements you made and documentary evidence. i am not satisfied that your circumstance in nigeria are as shown your intentions bla bla bla.. pls sm1 help me out as i intend to reapply,was i refused because am single
You can't be refused a visa on the ground that you are single, many single people get their visas on daily basis.
Perhaps the problem here is your tie, maybe you did not demonstrate that you have a reason to return to Nigeria?
Well, whatever reason it may be, it is reasonable to understand that some Visa Officers are sadists, they just enjoy to see people frustrated by the power of their decisions.
Since you have not given enough details to work with, i'm only using this economical information that you provided...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by staa: 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
Thanks for the info.
The underlisted are the informations i submitted.
A letter of introduction from my organisation
A letter of permission to travel
my statement of account
A letter from my Asset Managers CONFIRMING MY INVESTMENT
Documents of my landed property
Pension Statement
Payslip....
I seriously dnt knw wre i went wrong cos no document was querried...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:35am On Jun 28, 2013
Good morning Oga Justwise and Vicjustice.

As a company owner, do I need to write self introduction letter?

Is it compulsory I prepare a pay slip for myself?

Should I also write outlining my reason for wishing to visit UK and what I will do in the UK?,

Should I write undertaking in a separate letter head that I will observe the conditions of my visa and return back to family and business, especially to my new contract with two reputable companies.

I have my company tax clearance certificate from the federal government, do I also need my personal income tax certificate from Lagos state?

I'm using two different bank statements, current and domiciliary. I am not including my company's account as it was recently opened 3Months ago. I have a business I just did with a reputable company and payment has been made by bank cheque which was deposited into the company's account. can I include the account statement or get a letter from the bank confirming the existence of the account.

Both my current and domiciliary accouts have been running for two years with good inflow and outflow, but they are personal savings and withdrawals as I do door to door delivery of petroleum products and its cash payment on delivery. This is before the company was incorporaed this year. This is where the real problem is. What do I do about this one?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Good morning Oga Justwise and Vicjustice.

As a company owner, do I need to write self introduction letter?

Is it compulsory I prepare a pay slip for myself?

Should I also write outlining my reason for wishing to visit UK and what I will do in the UK?,

Should I write undertaking in a separate letter head that I will observe the conditions of my visa and return back to family and business, especially to my new contract with two reputable companies.

I have my company tax clearance certificate from the federal government, do I also need my personal income tax certificate from Lagos state?

I'm using two different bank statements, current and domiciliary. I am not including my company's account as it was recently opened 3Months ago. I have a business I just did with a reputable company and payment has been made by bank cheque which was deposited into the company's account. can I include the account statement or get a letter from the bank confirming the existence of the account.

Both my current and domiciliary accouts have been running for two years with good inflow and outflow, but they are personal savings and withdrawals as I do door to door delivery of petroleum products and its cash payment on delivery. This is before the company was incorporaed this year. This is where the real problem is. What do I do about this one?

Thank you

I like to answer your questions in their orders.
1) It is not necessary to write a "self introduction letter", the company's paperworks are sufficient to tell who you are.
2) If you are on salaries or wages, then payslips may be required otherwise, your bank statements alone can do it.
3) Writing a (seperate) letter to outline the reason(s) for wishing to travel is not necessary, you don't want to give them unnecessary details that would stir up reasons for more questions.
4) Writing an undertaking in a separate letter head that you will observe the conditions of the visa is not a particularly good idea, it is actually condescending to yourself: there are terms and conditions that you will have to sign at the end of the form.
5) Talking about tax certificate, as a company owner, you should have both the company's tax certificate as a proof of legitimacy as well as your personal tax certificate as a proof of revenue compliance.
For questions 5 & 6, please, refer to the article on this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:34am On Jun 28, 2013
Vicjustice: I like to answer your questions in their orders.
1) It is not necessary to write a "self introduction letter", the company's paperworks are sufficient to tell who you are.
2) If you are on salaries or wages, then payslips may be required otherwise, your bank statements alone can do it.
3) Writing a letter to outline the reason(s) for wishing to travel is not necessary, you don't want to give them unnecessary details that would stir up reasons for more questions.
4)

Though he still need to state places he tend to visit in the UK or what he tend to do while in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pls house who can explain to me about the new law in uk embassy about 3,000$. The amount is all about what. I need someone to explain to me because it will effect from NOV, 2013. Have not be hearing debate about it(3,000$).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
jidebobo: Pls house who can explain to me about the new law in uk embassy about 3,000$. The amount is all about what. I need someone to explain to me because it will effect from NOV, 2013. Have not be hearing debate about it(3,000$).

If you are applying for visiting visa for the 1st time you will be asked to deposit 3000 pounds, when you visit and come back without overstaying your visa the money will be refunded to you but if you overstayed your visa then you lose the money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Siga: 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
justwise:

If you are applying for visiting visa for the 1st time you will be asked to deposit 3000 pounds, when you visit and come back without overstaying your visa the money will be refunded to you but if you overstayed your visa then you lose the money.
...@justwise...u need to start collecting 3,000 pounds from any of your britiko friends wey wan come visit u for ur house ooo....if dem no gree leave , dem forfeit dem money....abi now...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
Siga: ...@justwise...u need to start collecting 3,000 pounds from any of your britiko friends wey wan come visit u for ur house ooo....if dem no gree leave , dem forfeit dem money....abi now...
grin grin grin grin, u bad oo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
hello house...pls what is the minimum and maximum processing time for uk 6month visa. THANKS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tejjy: 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
Pls can dey allow Someone to pickup passport on someone's behalf frm d embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isaiahethan: 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hi justwise &partners,pls i'm new to this site,I applied for right of abode in Nov last year,it was refuse by the Eco in febuary this yr,his statement was i'm not satisfied you qualifed for the right of abode,reason non of my parents is uk citizen I have the right to appeal against this decision.I applied cos I have a contact order issued by the uk court to come and see my son,whom I hv not been able to see,inpite all his been through since last year.my partner who is British is there alone looking after my boy who she had premature due to the pressure and stress on my removal in 2011.then my partner gave birth to a 26wks baby.but thank God my boy is geting bigger now and they need me and I miss the both of them madly .this matter is so stressful for me,but my only hope and faith is in God.I appeal to d tribunal through my lawyer in the uk.my hearing is gonna be in paper,ain't got money again to be spending in pounds.waiting for there bundle which they stated is gona be on 21or after,of August 2013.I put in my appeal towards d ending of febuary.2013.before my removal ukba refused my application stating that I claim to be in a relationship with a British citizen,cos they hv set out a removal for me.same woman they claim i'm not in a relationship with,she is the same who gave birth to my beautiful son.thank God court in the uk granted me contact order unopposed.pls sir wat can you contribute towards this matter,I'm goin crazy each secs I get call frm my girl friend picx of my gorgeous boy.please also pray for me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rayrick14yahoo: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
A magic like never before.
I got to realise how lazy some visa officers can be. I used a particular set of documents to apply for my wife and she was refused ,i used the same set of documents to apply for her sister and she was granted a visa.
Some ECOs dont look into documents carefully and make dumb conclusion.The balance on my account was about 800k so i decided to put in the application differently to avoid been question about what the 800k can do. funny enough documents i used for my wife were originals while those used for her sister were photocopies except for bank statments. To crown it all my,documents showing my wifes business were also presented while none was presented for her sis cos she claimed to be absolutely dependant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rayrick14yahoo: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
Vicjustice:
You can't be refused a visa on the ground that you are single, many single people get their visas on daily basis.
Perhaps the problem here is your tie, maybe you did not demonstrate that you have a reason to return to Nigeria?
Well, whatever reason it may be, it is reasonable to understand that some Visa Officers are sadists, they just enjoy to see people frustrated by the power of their decisions.
Since you have not given enough details to work with, i'm only using this economical information that you provided...
A magic like never before.
You are right vic,some weeks ago i asked about a refusal served to my wife but wasnt really satisfied with your replyI got to realise how lazy some visa officers can be. I used a particular set of documents to apply for my wife and she was refused ,i used the same set of documents to apply for her sister and she was granted a visa.
Some ECOs dont look into documents carefully and make dumb conclusion.The balance on my account was about 800k so i decided to put in the application differently to avoid been question about what the 800k can do. funny enough documents i used for my wife were originals while those used for her sister were photocopies except for bank statments. To crown it all my,documents showing my wifes business were also presented while none was presented for her sis cos she claimed to be absolutely dependant
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isaiahethan: 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
Just wise & box justice,please u have skip my question,as I narrated that I apply for right of abode for son in uk,whom the uk court issued me a contact order.although i'm for my appeal bundle which they said it will get to my representative on d 21s or after in August.pls sir my explanation is above,kindly advise me what you think.thank you[color=#006600][/color]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 5:21am On Jul 01, 2013
Hello Justwise,I got a 6 months visa and travelled one with it in June last yr and stayed for 10days,I intend to apply for a 2 year visa and have only about 650k in my account and my net salary is about 250k montly. Wld dis be sufficent to get the renewal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:48am On Jul 01, 2013
isaiahethan
Although you claim to have son in UK. you were deported !!!

The UK must have very good reason to believe that your relationship is false.
What else is in your background that you are hiding?
You were illegal but were you criminal as well?
Did you have job or were you on hussle / Yahoo Yahoo?
There are too many people who think that they can enter a country by fraud as illegal.
They then breed child to use as magic ticket for entry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (426)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.