Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983469 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:25am On Jul 06, 2013
sola21:

Whoever you are, I can tell you've got serious issues as I don't recall enquiring any further thing from you. It's so obvious you are going to be so rude in person.

albuquerque:

He's extremely rude........if you want a straightforward answer you re better off asking Justwise.......He ll answer you with respect at least. I noticed this with several of his responses to other ppl over time and not just yours

Please can we give this a rest? We are not perfect here, surely we do make mistakes but i doubt any one of us deliberately want to insult people. When any of us sound rude in our replies you can politely point that out without going off rail.

Vicjustice has been extremely helpful here, he started helping people even before i joined nairaland, if you found his post rude then explain that to him and he will apologize as i have seen him do in the past.

Please we are all volunteers here and sometimes we don't get it right but we are doing it with right intentions, i will feel bad if a single incident is blown out of proportion over shadowing all the efforts made in the past to help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Jul 06, 2013
tstonch: Hello house, please i need help on the school that offers construction management (undergraduate) in UK for January 2014. i have been searching through for this but most of the universities does nt have this program open for international in January.
Please who has an idea of a school that can take me..

https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2013
justwise:

Please can we give this a rest? We are not perfect here, surely we do make mistakes but i doubt any one of us deliberately want to insult people. When any of us sound rude in our replies you can politely point that out without going off rail.

Vicjustice has being extremely helpful here, he started helping people even before i joined nairaland, if you found his post rude then explain that to him and he will apologize as i have seen him do in the past.

Please we are all volunteers here and sometimes we don't get it right but we are doing it with right intentions, it doesn't look good when one is being attack, i will feel bad if a single incident is blown out of proportion over shadowing all the efforts made in the past to help.

@ Isiah I guess u mistakenly accused (Worry249, cos I didn't see where or how he has insulted you, @ vicjustice please you need to take things cool, at least u have been very helpful here, but u are the cause of this brouhaha, please I want to tell u with due respect, that u need to take it cool, so as to not b getting misunderstanding with people on this forum, as i was reading your comment about ISIEH'S enquiries belief me I feel very bad despite the fact that I was not the one u were referring to. @ Justwise, I really appreciate you for calling for reconciliation and may God always help everyone of in IJN. @ everyone that is involved one way or the other please take it cool and let there be peace and encomium as Justwise had mention earlier.

MAY GOD NEVER LET US DOWN AMEN.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pullyacap: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
Tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
pullyacap: Great day to you all,

pls i need advice as regards an issue am not clear about.......i intend putting in an application for a UK tourist/visit visa a place i intend to spend my annual leave in september

i presently have a 2yrs non-immigrant visa into US which i got in february

i av hd a little tete-a-tete wt friends as to d best possible method thru which to channel my application

some adviced that i get an invitation letter from a UK citizen while others say that may not be necessary that i shd just do a genuine hotel reservation as the US visa wud boost my chance

pls all,i intend putting in my application next week hence crave yr indulgence as to d best route to use

Actually, it is easier to book a hotel than to use an invitation letter from a person who you can not satisfyingly give details about
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamawa123: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
To renew my Uk visa, do I need to fill out paper application or I need to do it online?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pullyacap: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
Vicjustice:
Actually, it is easier to book a hotel than to use an
invitation letter from a person that you can not satisfyingly give details about

Thanks!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
mamawa123: To renew my Uk visa, do I need to fill out paper application or I need to do it online?

Online, you will submit both online and offline.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by camelus: 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
Applied for UK Visa to attend a Graduation Ceremony which is taking place on 15th July 2013 while 9th July will make it a Month i submitted the application but the Visa is not yet out. The Person inviting me is already worried and wants to call British High Commission in Nigeria by Tuesday 9th July 2013, Is this Ok or what's the best approach?
Please Nairalanders need ur advice !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2013
a Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 1:29pm On Jul 03
Goodday good people,

I would like to ask what filing for a review is as against an appeal.

I have been advised to do so because when i applied for a uk visa the ECO stated that i did not provide documentary evidence to state my income , the first paragraph stated that my stated income is not reflected in my payslip and bank statement but it is.i submitted my payslips and bank statements and even took the trouble to circle them and while i stated that i earn 120,000(87,383 FOR SALARY AND 30,000 FOR MONTHLY CAR ALLOWANCE)87,383 is no where on my form except my bank statement and payslips so what is the ECO saying?

I am an office manager and my company pay in funds into my account, i said that in the part 9 which the eco removed and returned back to me even when i said it is part of my application. The eco evn returned my application form. and misplaced parts of my bank statement. I had explained in that application that i received funds from my company and evn have a letter from my company to the bank authorising me to withdraw the sum of one million naira daily, yet the eco said there were unexplained deposits and withdrawal in my accounts and I have provided no evidence to prove the petty cash and how i spent the money. will i provide receipts of all the stationary and repair work we do in the company?

then lastly, i stated i hv 1.3 miilion naira in fixed deposit as funds available to me and stated that the cost of my trip is 310,000 naira. but the eco wronglyfully stated that that is the amount i proposed to spend.

I wonder ooooo. This is really wonderful.

I wish i can show you my documents and the letter but i tried to upload here and it failed.

please advise , they also misplaced some pages of my bank statement.

N.B

iF I WANT TO DO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DO I QUALIFY?
WHO SHOULD THE POST BE ADDRESSED TO?
WHO SHOULD THE LETTER BE ADDRESSED TO?
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I ATTACH?
Do they look at request for review applied for in person or by lawyer?
If I am to appealand have limited rights how long is the duration after which I can no longer appeal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2013
reginabellca: Goodday good people,

I have been advised to do so because when i applied for a uk visa the ECO stated that i did not provide documentary evidence to state my income , the first paragraph stated that my stated income is not reflected in my payslip and bank statement but it is.i submitted my payslips and bank statements and even took the trouble to circle them and while i stated that i earn 120,000(87,383 FOR SALARY AND 30,000 FOR MONTHLY CAR ALLOWANCE)87,383 is no where on my form except my bank statement and payslips so what is the ECO saying?

I am an office manager and my company pay in funds into my account, i said that in the part 9 which the eco removed and returned back to me even when i said it is part of my application. The eco evn returned my application form. and misplaced parts of my bank statement. I had explained in that application that i received funds from my company and evn have a letter from my company to the bank authorising me to withdraw the sum of one million naira daily, yet the eco said there were unexplained deposits and withdrawal in my accounts and I have provided no evidence to prove the petty cash and how i spent the money. will i provide receipts of all the stationary and repair work we do in the company?

then lastly, i stated i hv 1.3 miilion naira in fixed deposit as funds available to me and stated that the cost of my trip is 310,000 naira. but the eco wronglyfully stated that that is the amount i proposed to spend.

I wish i can show you my documents and the letter but i tried to upload here and it failed.

N.B

If I am to appealand have limited rights how long is the duration after which I can no longer appeal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by camelus: 10:39am On Jul 07, 2013
camelus: Applied for UK Visa to attend a Graduation Ceremony which is taking place on 15th July 2013 while 9th July will make it a Month i submitted the application but the Visa is not yet out. The Person inviting me is already worried and wants to call British High Commission in Nigeria by Tuesday 9th July 2013, Is this Ok or what's the best approach?
Someone should respond to me Pls !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Yes you need to include business invitation letter from the company inviting you also include previous documents from your dealings with them.

Surly you have to attach documents relating to your company whether old or new.

Why haven't you paid tax? Part of Govt policy to exempt new businesses from paying tax for certain period?

Hello justwise

I have gotten the invitation letter and I also have invoices of past business and my tax is up to date. What is the next step?
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
Connoisseur:
Hello justwise

I have gotten the invitation letter and I also have invoices of past business and my tax is up to date. What is the next step?
Thank you

Then you can go ahead and apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
camelus: Applied for UK Visa to attend a Graduation Ceremony which is taking place on 15th July 2013 while 9th July will make it a Month i submitted the application but the Visa is not yet out. The Person inviting me is already worried and wants to call British High Commission in Nigeria by Tuesday 9th July 2013, Is this Ok or what's the best approach?

If you don't hear from them tomorrow then email or call them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
@justwise. Pls I need you to tell me what to do pls. I submitted my 6month visa application on the 14th of june and I'm yet to hear anything till now. It has passed 15working days. Here is my feae, I said I will be travelling to ukon the 15th of july. What do u thibk I should do because I'm fed up with wait wait wait
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
dalobaba: @justwise. Pls I need you to tell me what to do pls. I submitted my 6month visa application on the 14th of june and I'm yet to hear anything till now. It has passed 15working days. Here is my feae, I said I will be travelling to ukon the 15th of july. What do u thibk I should do because I'm fed up with wait wait wait

15 working days is only for student visa, visiting visa sometimes takes even longer. You need to call or email them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
dalobaba: @justwise. Pls I need you to tell me what to do pls. I submitted my 6month visa application on the 14th of june and I'm yet to hear anything till now. It has passed 15working days. Here is my feae, I said I will be travelling to ukon the 15th of july. What do u thibk I should do because I'm fed up with wait wait wait
There is always a general warning that visa applicants should give plenty of time to process applications as delays may occur due to uncertainties and circumstances beyond their control, and in the event that your application is decided after the purpose of your intended trip has expired or is in a tight situation, your visa application may be refused for reason of "change of circumstance".
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2013
justwise:

Then you can go ahead and apply

Oga mi I am a first timer, can you break it down for me please.
like do i apply online or in person??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:14am On Jul 08, 2013
Connoisseur:

Oga mi I am a first timer, can you break it down for me please.
like do i apply online or in person??

The process of applying has been repeated far too many times here, just reading a few page back is enough, its not good to keep writing the same thing every page. Even in this very page the process was mentioned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hello guys, i'm finally applying for my tourist visa next week but i still have somethings i want to verify with the experts. i have followed the advise given that i should apply for a tourist visa instead of a spouse visa since i would be away for 2weeks. Still note that my hubby is a british citizen i plan on adding the following documents to my application:
1.Husband's passport bio page
2. Marriage certificate
3. Divorce decree and rights to marriage
4. affidavit of spinsterhood nd rights to marry
5. husband's contract and payslip for 6months
6. Husbands leave letter from company
7. Hotel booking
8. Our Joint account statement of over 2m
9. My personal Tax receipt
10. My son's birth certificate
11.Travel Itinerary
12. Lots of pictures before and after marriage
13. wedding album
14. Invitation letter from my husband
15. Travel Insurance
16. Travel history of trip taken together
17. Flight reservation (already booked by husbands company)
18. Husband's Resident permit
19. Western union transfers from hubby to me
20. Birthday, valentine, christmas cards.
21. My change of name documents(newspaper publication, sworn affidavit)

Pls i would like to know if these documents are sufficient to apply for my tourist visa, i have applied twice in the past before i got married and was denied due to insufficient funds,would my previous applications be refered to even though i'm married now? (note: never used false documents) Also i plan on getting a statement of account as soon as my husband is paid, would that count has money lodgement?

Thanks so much for ur time and help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Proudlygemini: Hello guys, i'm finally applying for my tourist visa next week but i still have somethings i want to verify with the experts. i have followed the advise given that i should apply for a tourist visa instead of a spouse visa since i would be away for 2weeks. Still note that my hubby is a british citizen i plan on adding the following documents to my application:
1.Husband's passport bio page
2. Marriage certificate
3. Divorce decree and rights to marriage
4. affidavit of spinsterhood nd rights to marry
5. husband's contract and payslip for 6months
6. Husbands leave letter from company
7. Hotel booking
8. Our Joint account statement of over 2m
9. My personal Tax receipt
10. My son's birth certificate
11.Travel Itinerary
12. Lots of pictures before and after marriage
13. wedding album
14. Invitation letter from my husband
15. Travel Insurance
16. Travel history of trip taken together
17. Flight reservation (already booked by husbands company)
18. Husband's Resident permit
19. Western union transfers from hubby to me
20. Birthday, valentine, christmas cards.
21. My change of name documents(newspaper publication, sworn affidavit)

Pls i would like to know if these documents are sufficient to apply for my tourist visa, i have applied twice in the past before i got married and was denied due to insufficient funds,would my previous applications be refered to even though i'm married now? (note: never used false documents) Also i plan on getting a statement of account as soon as my husband is paid, would that count has money lodgement?

Thanks so much for ur time and help.
This application will be treated in its own merit as long as there was no illegality or violation involved in previous applications
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
Good day. I don't mean to bore you with these trivial questions, but it is important " information is power" The questions are logical, not that I am dull, but I need expert judgment. Applying next week for a visitor's visa (general visitor). I have gone through the online form and I have little problem as regard filling the form.

1. What is the main purpose of your visit to the UK? is it ok to write. Tourism, if not please clarify.

2. Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares? If I have fixed deposit, can I click, 'Yes" ?

3. If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you? can I write none or not applicable since it's a self sponsored trip?

4. What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the United Kingdom? should I sum hotel accommodation, flight, feeding, transport and shopping?

5. You stated that you have savings‚ property or income. Please give details and state which currency e.g. US Dollars or UK Pounds Sterling. Should I sum balance in my current account, domiciliary, fixed deposit and give figure e.g 10,000$?

6.What will you do in the UK? Is it enough to write. visit to the Westminster Abbey and Buckingham palace on my first day, riding around the city on a double-decker buses for an all day hop-on, hop-off tours on the second day. The third day I'll be sightseeing by speedboat also take a visit to london underground, museum and big ben, fourth day will be visit to tower of London and shopping.

7. I have two kids, none is traveling with me, only one has a passport, but I was asked to fill in their passport details, what do I do? it keeps showing required field compulsory.

8.WHAT IS YOUR PRESENT OCCUPATION? it is enough to write BUSINESS? yes I'm self employed

9, WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE COMPANY OR ORGANISATION YOU WORK FOR? XYZ ENGINEERING....my company

10.PLEASE GIVE DETAILS OF ANY ADDITIONAL JOBS OR OCCUPATIONS. I have a bar and shawarma spot, can I list them? if not what do I do?

Bless you for your time.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
reginabellca: a Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 1:29pm On Jul 03
Goodday good people,

N.B

If I am to appeal and have limited rights how long is the duration after which I can no longer appeal?
How can you claim that the money in your fixed deposit account is available to you for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Good day. I don't mean to bore you with these trivial questions, but it is important " information is power" The questions are logical, not that I am dull, but I need expert judgment. Applying next week for a visitor's visa (general visitor). I have gone through the online form and I have little problem as regard filling the form.

1. What is the main purpose of your visit to the UK? is it ok to write. Tourism, if not please clarify.

2. Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares? If I have fixed deposit, can I click, 'Yes" ?

3. If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you? can I write none or not applicable since it's a self sponsored trip?

4. What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the United Kingdom? should I sum hotel accommodation, flight, feeding, transport and shopping?

5. You stated that you have savings‚ property or income. Please give details and state which currency e.g. US Dollars or UK Pounds Sterling. Should I sum balance in my current account, domiciliary, fixed deposit and give figure e.g 10,000$?

6.What will you do in the UK? Is it enough to write. visit to the Westminster Abbey and Buckingham palace on my first day, riding around the city on a double-decker buses for an all day hop-on, hop-off tours on the second day. The third day I'll be sightseeing by speedboat also take a visit to london underground, museum and big ben, fourth day will be visit to tower of London and shopping.

7. I have two kids, none is traveling with me, only one has a passport, but I was asked to fill in their passport details, what do I do? it keeps showing required field compulsory.

8.WHAT IS YOUR PRESENT OCCUPATION? it is enough to write BUSINESS? yes I'm self employed

9, WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE COMPANY OR ORGANISATION YOU WORK FOR? XYZ ENGINEERING....my company

10.PLEASE GIVE DETAILS OF ANY ADDITIONAL JOBS OR OCCUPATIONS. I have a bar and shawarma spot, can I list them? if not what do I do?

Bless you for your time.

Please I need a response. Thank you good people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Good day. I don't mean to bore you with these trivial questions, but it is important " information is power" The questions are logical, not that I am dull, but I need expert judgment. Applying next week for a visitor's visa (general visitor). I have gone through the online form and I have little problem as regard filling the form.

Bless you for your time.
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. None or not applicable

4. Yes

5. Yes (question 5 is the detail answer to question 2)

6. Yes

7. Fill in the passport detail of the one you have

8. Yes but you need to add your business registration details, tax certificate and your business account.

9. Yes

10. Add them if you can back it up with paper evidence like in Q8
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2013
justwise:
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. None or not applicable

4. Yes

5. Yes (question 5 is the detail answer to question 2)

6. Yes

7. Fill in the passport detail of the one you have

8. Yes but you need to add your business registration details, tax certificate and your business account.

9. Yes

10. Add them if you can back it up with paper evidence like in Q8

You're richly blessed Justwise. For question 7. the other kid has no passport, but it seems it's compulsory to fill in something in the field, it can be left empty, keeps returning, maybe i'm not doing something right there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 8:51am On Jul 09, 2013
Because it can be disolved within the bank receiving authorization from me. it is equivalent to liquid cash. all this i exolained too

Vicjustice:
How can you claim that the money in your fixed deposit account is available to you for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

You're richly blessed Justwise. For question 7. the other kid has no passport, but it seems it's compulsory to fill in something in the field, it can be left empty, keeps returning, maybe i'm not doing something right there.
That is a flaw in the online application system, you can't proceed until you fill in something in the box, so it is understandable if you enter any invalid detail just to allow you to proceed with the form... But remember to explain it in the as ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Trust me, the visa officers are aware of the problem: I talk from experience, you won't have a problem with that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pullyacap: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2013
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2013
pullyacap: Goodmorn All,
Pls is it of any importance to stil put a bank reference/covering letter alongside my bank statement while applying for a UK visit visa?

Thanks
It is not necessary, but if you think the reference letter would explain something to aid your application, why not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:57am On Jul 09, 2013
reginabellca: Because it can be disolved within the bank receiving authorization from me. it is equivalent to liquid cash. all this i exolained too

Why not "dissolve" it first before stating that the money is available?
It is questionable if it remains in fix deposit

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.