Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980786 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Roxy4: 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
Thanks Boss! but thats the only option(Student) i got and a good travel history to other 3 countries apart from the UK 2x ..
Vicjustice: By the way, how logical is it to use your education which will be over in 2 months time as a Home-Tie in relation to a 2 years tourist visa?
Your travel history is encouraging, but you might be having a hard time satisfying the visa officer that you have something to return to Nigeria for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sennykenny(f): 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hi sir, am married and I have a year old son,my uncle in UK is planning to send me invitation letter and all d expenses wit be paid by my husband, but he did not ve up to 600k in his accout. Can I use my brother statement of acct? If yes, who will be my sponsor pls enlighten me more on dis cos I don't want to be rejected. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
sennykenny: Hi sir, am married and I have a year old son,my uncle in UK is planning to send me invitation letter and all d expenses wit be paid by my husband, but he did not ve up to 600k in his accout. Can I use my brother statement of acct? If yes, who will be my sponsor pls enlighten me more on dis cos I don't want to be rejected. Thanks
As an adult and a married one, your brother's bank account can not cover you except in compelling limited circumstances whereby it is deemed reasonable for his sponsorship to be considered
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sennykenny(f): 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Thanks for ur reply sir, so what do u think we should do? Transfer d money to my hubby's acct? If yes, can I apply for me n my son? If yes, what document do my husband need to submit? Waiting for ur reply sir, MAy ur days be long
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by princessmoi: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hey Justwise,

I went through the previous thread and i saw most of the questions being answered. My friend got his maintenance fee complete on Tuesday the 17th he should be applying the 12th of August i guess he is using his mom's account, he is still waiting to receive his CAS on Monday though his school has agreed on an extension for two weeks (school was to start the 5 of Sept.) which will be included in the CAS letter.

Fees were paid in full.

Docs he will be submitting;

Cert. stated in CAS plus CAS

Study leave letter from employer plus his pay slips

His mom bank statement plus a letter from his mom also and his birth certificate (he bears the same surname but mum has a different surname spelling on the bank statement but though same pronunciation, hope it is ok with the birth certificate?) Its the same spelling on his birth certificate.

TB test results

Letter from his brother who is currently in the UK, he will be staying with him...

2 passport size pics

Application fee

TOEFL score

Hope we aint missing anything?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
princessmoi: Hey Justwise,

I went through the previous thread and i saw most of the questions being answered. My friend got his maintenance fee complete on Tuesday the 17th he should be applying the 12th of August i guess he is using his mom's account, he is still waiting to receive his CAS on Monday though his school has agreed on an extension for two weeks (school was to start the 5 of Sept.) which will be included in the CAS letter.

Fees were paid in full.

Docs he will be submitting;

Cert. stated in CAS plus CAS

Study leave letter from employer plus his pay slips

His mom bank statement plus a letter from his mom also and his birth certificate (he bears the same surname but mum has a different surname spelling on the bank statement but though same pronunciation, hope it is ok with the birth certificate?) Its the same spelling on his birth certificate.

TB test results

Letter from his brother who is currently in the UK, he will be staying with him...

2 passport size pics

Application fee

TOEFL score

Hope we aint missing anything?

Same thing as asking "what documents that are needed..."
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sennykenny(f): 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
Waiting sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lakayanababy: 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello Vicjustice and Justwise and other experienced forumers,

Can you advise on a visiting visa application? My cousin is an undergraduate student and wants to apply to visit his brother in Newcastle for 2 weeks. His brother is sponsoring his entire visit. Now, is it wise to answer no to 'do you have any savings'? he does but it is not a lot (only about 30, 000), and he does not want this to count against him. Or can he just say no? Are students expected to submit bank statements even though they are being fully sponsored?

What are his chances as his parents are retired and this brother supports him from the UK?

What strong ties can a student show apart from sponsor's documents - invite, bank statements, utility bills, payslips, pictures, passport page (british), birth cert; his school documents (letter from school, admission letter, receipts, etc), birth cert, passport?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rafique1234: 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
Vicjustice: You could have written this in standard English, i'm struggling to understand your "text-speak" here.
Well, i believe your question was answered in my earlier post to Parry1978 question; i quote:

I am going to apply for uk visit visa for my wedding shopping. my uncle is sponsoring me and I also have attached my financial statements of our joint account. my uncle has 6 months bank statement and my joint has been opened since last month. but I do have considerable amount of money in my account. would this result to refusal even though my uncle is the main sponsor? and I am supplying my financial statements just as supporting documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:56am On Jul 20, 2013
rafique1234:

I am going to apply for uk visit visa for my wedding shopping. my uncle is sponsoring me and I also have attached my financial statements of our joint account. my uncle has 6 months bank statement and my joint has been opened since last month. but I do have considerable amount of money in my account. would this result to refusal even though my uncle is the main sponsor? and I am supplying my financial statements just as supporting documents.
If an "uncle" is your sponsor in applying for a UK tourist visa, and you intend to make a solo travel, I doubt your chance is up to 5%: however, the chance may be higher if the "uncle" is accompanying you and the trip is for the same purpose
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by headna007: 7:19am On Jul 20, 2013
Hello my country people I salute una ooo, here is my case I got a refusal yesterday undecided stated as follow. In other 2be able to mke a decision on whether or nt to grant u entry clearance in this category I hav taken into account your stated circumstances in nigeria, d reason 4ur visit nd ur proposal travel arrangement. U av declare dat u ar employed Donfash & ass eaning 150k per month nd dat u av no family commitment. U also state dat u proposed 2 travel alone nd will visit a frnd wo is expecting a baby. U av nt sought 2travel outside of nigeria b4 nd av nt explain in any detail wat u will do in d uk 4dis period of time. U av nt shown dat dis cost is proportionate 2reason u av given 4visiting d uk. Given d statement u av made nd d documentary evidence u av presented 2support ur app I am nt satisfied dat ur circumstance in nigeria, coupled wit ur reason 4wishing to travel 2d uk, ar such dat u have shown ur intention ar as stated or dat u intend 2leave d uk @d end of ur propossed visit. I am therefore nt satisfied dat ur application meet d requirement of paragraph 41(I) nd (ii) of the immigration rules. I av dere4 refused ur application because I am not satisfied. On d balance of probability dat u meet all of d requirement of d relevant paragraph of UK immigration rules....pls I need an advice , d traveling proposed date is 20 august-11 september wit budget of 700pounds livin cost budget
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:03am On Jul 20, 2013
headna007: Hello my country people I salute una ooo, here is my case I got a refusal yesterday undecided stated as follow. In other 2be able to mke a decision on whether or nt to grant u entry clearance in this category I hav taken into account your stated circumstances in nigeria, d reason 4ur visit nd ur proposal travel arrangement. U av declare dat u ar employed Donfash & ass eaning 150k per month nd dat u av no family commitment. U also state dat u proposed 2 travel alone nd will visit a frnd wo is expecting a baby. U av nt sought 2travel outside of nigeria b4 nd av nt explain in any detail wat u will do in d uk 4dis period of time. U av nt shown dat dis cost is proportionate 2reason u av given 4visiting d uk. Given d statement u av made nd d documentary evidence u av presented 2support ur app I am nt satisfied dat ur circumstance in nigeria, coupled wit ur reason 4wishing to travel 2d uk, ar such dat u have shown ur intention ar as stated or dat u intend 2leave d uk @d end of ur propossed visit. I am therefore nt satisfied dat ur application meet d requirement of paragraph 41(I) nd (ii) of the immigration rules. I av dere4 refused ur application because I am not satisfied. On d balance of probability dat u meet all of d requirement of d relevant paragraph of UK immigration rules....pls I need an advice , d traveling proposed date is 20 augurst-11 september wit budget of 700pounds livin cost budget
You could have gotten the visa in one go if you had presented your application with better preparedneess.
I'll encourage you to do a Google search and read Wikipedia about the areas of interest that you'd wish to see so that you may present better reasons for wanting to visit the UK... It is not a credible enough reason that you want to travel to Europe just to see a child birth

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2013
lakayanababy: Hello Vicjustice and Justwise and other experienced forumers,

Can you advise on a visiting visa application? My cousin is an undergraduate student and wants to apply to visit his brother in Newcastle for 2 weeks. His brother is sponsoring his entire visit. Now, is it wise to answer no to 'do you have any savings'? he does but it is not a lot (only about 30, 000), and he does not want this to count against him. Or can he just say no? Are students expected to submit bank statements even though they are being fully sponsored?

What are his chances as his parents are retired and this brother supports him from the UK?

What strong ties can a student show apart from sponsor's documents - invite, bank statements, utility bills, payslips, pictures, passport page (british), birth cert; his school documents (letter from school, admission letter, receipts, etc), birth cert, passport?

Thank you
His chance of getting the UK visa is nonexistent, in other word, he has zero percent chance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mesampy(f): 11:16am On Jul 20, 2013
Hello
Pls i also need advice. My mother wants to apply for a general visit visa to the UK. She has been refused 2 times because they said that they did not believe the funds in her account where sufficient. She is a business woman with a household shop. Can she use her business account to apply for a general visit visa to the UK for herself and my younger sister. She will be staying with a friend in the UK so she wont have to pay for accommodation. What documents does she need to successfully apply pls?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
mesampy: Hello
Pls i also need advice. My mother wants to apply for a general visit visa to the UK. She has been refused 2 times because they said that they did not believe the funds in her account where sufficient. She is a business woman with a household shop. Can she use her business account to apply for a general visit visa to the UK for herself and my younger sister. She will be staying with a friend in the UK so she wont have to pay for accommodation. What documents does she need to successfully apply pls?

Thank you
If your mother has sufficient fund, she will be granted the visa with relative ease, she won't be facing the kind of difficulties that younger applicants face even with the minimum of documents.
Whether to support her application with her mini business account or not depends on whether the fund is deemed available for her use or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
Vicjustice:
His chance of getting the UK visa is nonexistent, in other word, he has zero percent chance
Vicjustice:

Hi Vicjustice, can you expand more on this because I have the same situation. Why does he have no chance at all? Because he's a student? Are undergrad students rarely given visas?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
igbankebabe:

Hi Vicjustice, can you expand more on this because I have the same situation. Why does he have no chance at all? Because he's a student? Are undergrad students rarely given visas?
Nigerians and lie...
Did you not say he is your cousin, the situation is now the same as yours.
Why would I waste my time elaborating more on a query that was presented in deception?
"A friend of mine"; "a cousin of mine"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
How do you mean? I just asked a simple question. And yes, I am in the same situation of having a student visit.

I would not lie if it were for me, after all this is a faceless forum.. We all just want awareness. I would really appreciate if you explain undergraduates' chances.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
Lakayanababy originally posed the question. Not me. I responded to your answer and wanted to know more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2013
igbankebabe: How do you mean? I just asked a simple question. And yes, I am in the same situation of having a student visit.

I would not lie if it were for me, after all this is a faceless forum.. We all just want awareness. I would really appreciate if you explain undergraduates' chances.

Thank you
igbankebabe: Lakayanababy originally posed the question. Not me. I responded to your answer and wanted to know more.
Well, I'll give you the benefit of doubt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
igbankebabe:

I've actually written an article on the Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas, you can find it at:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
Thank you Vicjustice,

I have looked at the article. So if a student is applying for a family visit to see his brother over the holiday, not exactly tourism (but will do some sight-seeing and shopping), why would he not stand a chance if being sponsored as an undergrad student?

Na wa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
igbankebabe: Thank you Vicjustice,

I have looked at the article. So if a student is applying for a family visit to see his brother over the holiday, not exactly tourism (but will do some sight-seeing and shopping), why would he not stand a chance if being sponsored as an undergrad student?

Na wa

The standard of your circumstances in Nigeria has to be impressive enough to satisfy the visa officer of your intention to return to Nigeria, therefore, as a person having only as little as N30k as entire savings, it would be near impossible to get a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
So would it then be better to say he does not have any savings? As a student, and not present any bank statement? Since a sponsor is taking care of all costs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
igbankebabe: So would it then be better to say he does not have any savings? As a student, and not present any bank statement? Since a sponsor is taking care of all costs?
But you said you read the article in that link.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
I did but didn't see anything specific to this. Just that parents/guardians sponsoring a student (adult) stand a little chance. I do not really understand it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
igbankebabe: I did but didn't see anything specific to this. Just that parents/guardians sponsoring a student (adult) stand a little chance. I do not really understand it
"...and as an adult, you are supposed to be financially independent to meet the requirement for a tourist or pleasure visa; for example, you can't be sponsored by anyone if your intended travel is for the purpose of tourism or romance rather than official or compelling family visit (no sponsor's bank account can cover you except in compelling limited circumstances whereby it is deemed reasonable for his sponsorship to be considered)".
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
Vicjustice: "...and as an adult, you are supposed to be financially independent to meet the requirement for a tourist or pleasure visa; for example, you can't be sponsored by anyone if your intended travel is for the purpose of tourism or romance rather than official or compelling family visit (no sponsor's bank account can cover you except in compelling limited circumstances whereby it is deemed reasonable for his sponsorship to be considered)".

Yes Vicjustice, I saw this.. This full time student doesn't work, and is applying for a family visa. His siblings support him financially. Is he expected to have money? If he doesn't work, and receives from family? It is a family visit.

Sorry for the many questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
igbankebabe:

Yes Vicjustice, I saw this.. This full time student doesn't work, and is applying for a family visa. His siblings support him financially. Is he expected to have money? If he doesn't work, and receives from family? It is a family visit.

Sorry for the many questions.

Such a person does not meet the requirements, therefore, his/her success chance is NONEXISTENT, or s/he has a ZERO PERCENT chance in my arrogant opinion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hello @justwise... I just want to know if I actually filled the wrong form. My auntie gave me an invitation letter and I filled the form for general visitor. I got a refusal and she's saying I filled the wrong form that I was suppose to fill the family visitor form. I applied 2010 with my mum and I actually filled the family visitor form then tho I was refused but when I was trying to fill this time around I read that I'm not liable to fill the form coz I'm not her sibbling, parent bla bla bla. Please want to know if I truly filled the wrong form.thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
dalobaba: Hello @justwise... I just want to know if I actually filled the wrong form. My auntie gave me an invitation letter and I filled the form for general visitor. I got a refusal and she's saying I filled the wrong form that I was suppose to fill the family visitor form. I applied 2010 with my mum and I actually filled the family visitor form then tho I was refused but when I was trying to fill this time around I read that I'm not liable to fill the form coz I'm not her sibbling, parent bla bla bla. Please want to know if I truly filled the wrong form.thank you

That is right, recently the UKBA has removed aunties, uncles from the list of family visiting visa category, so filling family visiting visa is not the right thing to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.