Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983482 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 9:55am On Nov 08, 2013
justwise:

funkybaby that will be a risky thing to do because the balance in his account is material to his visa decision, if an applicant presents a bank statement showing 1m for example, he/her is basically saying that this money is available for me for the trip, going ahead to withdraw significant amount of that money even before the visa is out is misrepresentation/deception.

Yes he can pay more money into the account which can only be a good thing but withdrawing to reduce the balance is risky.

So what are you saying justwise? What's the best thing to do now ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2013
senator-romeo:
I am a business man and I use my personal savings account for my business, Can I use the same savings account to apply for the UK Visa and how do i go about the salary issue? do I need a payslip when I dont receive salary? Vic, just wise and others help
It is not logical to expect that you will be spending the money intended for your business on a (tourist) trip abroad, therefore, you will definitely have troubles with this kind of account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2013
Asorock 1:

So what are you saying justwise? What's the best thing to do now ?
Please, ignore anyone who advices you to proceed with your intention... It is reasonable to apply for the visa in due time: when you are through with every questionable transaction, when your printed statement of account is a true representation of your financial circumstances as shown in your bank account.
You don't want to be in the mercy of the discretion of a visa officer to either consider your action as deceptive and get you banned; or to give you the benefit of doubt and yet refuse your application without a ban.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
justwise:

funkybaby that will be a risky thing to do because the balance in his account is material to his visa decision, if an applicant presents a bank statement showing 1m for example, he/her is basically saying that this money is available for me for the trip, going ahead to withdraw significant amount of that money even before the visa is out is misrepresentation/deception.

Yes he can pay more money into the account which can only be a good thing but withdrawing to reduce the balance is risky.

no, its not. myself and many people i know have done this several times successfully even for applications within the UK.

what matters is the closing balance on your bank statement and the genuinity of your bank statement.

if UKBA is to verify, what they confirm with the bank is whatever balance is on the bank statement that you've submitted.

do remember that applications are considered holistically.

you could leave 5m in your bank account for one year and still get a refusal and you could apply with less than 1m deposited within 6months or less and still get an approval

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
funkybaby:

no, its not. myself and many people i know have done this several times even for applications within the UK

Ok good luck to him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
justwise:

Ok good luck to him.

na so you dey argue over the case of that guy that presented his company's docs even though i told the guy not to and advised him to focus on other docs tongue . didnt he get a refusal? cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
funkybaby:

na so you dey argue over the case of that guy that presented his company's docs even though i told the guy not to and advised him to focus on other docs tongue . didnt he get a refusal? cool

..and i told him to present his company's document?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
and to the bros telling people to ignore my suggestion, when was the last time you applied for a visa to any country?

no be Irish passport you get?

leave the realistic suggestions to people like we that submit visa applications regularly, we know how these things work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
justwise:

..and i told him to present his company's document?

yes, you did.

and i told him to take it out and focus on his own documents, which he did not. he had a refusal which was'nt a surprise.

anyways, how you dey? kiss kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
Tfree: @funkybaby
Thank you for the reply, she didn't appeal the decision. It's a fresh application but I asked her to write a cover letter addressing the refusal and attached the refusal letter. Also attached evidence of their refusing the couriered bank statement, before proceeding to decline her on the same evidence. The cover letter was worded with her accepting responsibility for neglecting to provide the bank statement at point of submitting the application as supposed to being defensive.

All her documents are legit, our documents are legit as well. No attempt has been made to contact my husband who is the invitee and sponsor though.

okay.

all the best. let us know the outcome of the interview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
oddy4u: I went to pick my visa today and I was refused and this was the reason given by the ECO. : (1)The decision:you state that you wish to visit the UK for 7days for a conference.Although you state you will be financially sponsored by your company,I have to take into consideration your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria.You state that you are employed with ... And you earn N159,000(£615.36) per month.I note that you have provided wage slips frm your employer,however you have provided no evidence of savings,property or income.Therefore I am unclear as to your own personal and financial circumstances in nigeria. (2) You have no evidence of travel and complanance with immigration procedures. Similar to those of the United kingdom.In the absence of those history of compliance seeking entry as a visitor and in the light of the lack of evidence in your application.I am not satified that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the unitedkingdom at the end of the period you stated by you,or that you can be adequately maintained and accomodated in the unitedkingdom or meet the cost of your return or onward journey.41(i)(ii)(vi)(vii). I therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities,that you meet all the requirements of the relavant paragraph of the unitedkingdom immigration rules. I have an account statement with a balance of 800k.what are my chances after reapplying?

^^^ that was why he was refused,he was not refused because he included his company's document, i did not advice him not to include his paper, he needs both but he choices to apply without his own bank statement
funkybaby:

yes, you did.

and i told him to take it out and focus on his own documents, which he did not. he had a refusal which was'nt a surprise.

anyways, how you dey? kiss kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
justwise:

funkybaby think those documents are necessary if the company is not one of those big pharmaceutical companies that turns out hundreds of millions yearly, their financial strength need to be determine so as to know if they can afford such foreign conference and still be in business, pay staff etc.

Well known companies will not need to present those documents but for unknown companies those documents are necessary.

My opinion though.

....and this is the post
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osayande2020(m): 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hello everyone,
My GF is graduating next year july from her university there in London,according to her she can invite @least 3 people for the graduation and she is giving me one slot.please I want to ask what are the requirements I need to have or get before that time.

Urgent response needed please,Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
osayande2020: Hello everyone,
My GF is graduating next year july from her university there in London,according to her she can invite @least 3 people for the graduation and she is giving me one slot.please I want to ask what are the requirements I need to have or get before that time.

First and most important
Proove beyond all doubt that you will return home after the visit.
Ties to home, job, property

Where will funds come from?
What accomodation?
Ties to GF, she is not just E-Mail GF?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
osayande2020: Hello everyone,

Urgent response needed please,Thanks

What do you do in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
@funkybaby
Will surely let you know how it goes next week.

Tfree:
@funkybaby
Thank you for the reply, she didn't appeal the decision. It's a fresh application but I asked her to write a cover letter addressing the refusal and attached the refusal letter. Also attached evidence of their refusing the couriered bank statement, before proceeding to decline her on the same evidence. The cover letter was worded with her accepting responsibility for neglecting to provide the bank statement at point of submitting the application as supposed to being defensive.

All her documents are legit, our documents are legit as well. No attempt has been made to contact my husband who is the invitee and sponsor though.

funkybaby:

okay.

all the best. let us know the outcome of the interview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
funkybaby:

no, its not. myself and many people i know have done this several times successfully even for applications within the UK.

what matters is the closing balance on your bank statement and the genuinity of your bank statement.

if UKBA is to verify, what they confirm with the bank is whatever balance is on the bank statement that you've submitted.

do remember that applications are considered holistically.

you could leave 5m in your bank account for one year and still get a refusal and you could apply with less than 1m deposited within 6months or less and still get an approval

I can confirm this on personal experience.
I applied for a 2 year UK visa with my wife last year July.I had 593k in my account.My wife had 67K.we were succesful.By the time the visas were granted.we had spent the money.I am sure they base the decision on your perceived financial capabilities NOT on your account balance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
ayobj:

I can confirm this on personal experience.
I applied for a 2 year UK visa with my wife last year July.I had 593k in my account.My wife had 67K.we were succesful.By the time the visas were granted.we had spent the money. I am sure they base the decision on your perceived financial capabilities NOT on your account balance

Gbam!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
funkybaby:

Gbam!

Funke,wahala e po!!!
Otito koro.
I had a colleague who was going for a training in newcastle in 2008.she submitted a statement of account with 20K.was a sponsored conference.of course she was succesful.has not been to the UK since that trip.serious and true story.I have another firnd who gets her Uk visas from mainland europe since she has a resident permit.she says her account is usually between 500 to 1000 Euro for visas.juxtapose that to the 2 million I always hear is required here!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
ayobj:

Funke,wahala e po!!!
Otito koro.
I had a colleague who was going for a training in newcastle in 2008.she submitted a statement of account with 20K.was a sponsored conference.of course she was succesful.has not been to the UK since that trip.serious and true story.I have another firnd who gets her Uk visas from mainland europe since she has a resident permit.she says her account is usually between 500 to 1000 Euro for visas.juxtapose that to the 2 million I always hear is required here!!!

Ahan. Ki ni mo tun she? grin

I once applied for a Swiss visa for a weekend getaway with less than 100pounds in my account (based on the rule of 30euros per day as living expenses) and I got 6months multiple. I applied again much later....same category, similar docs but with over 1,000 pounds in my account and I was given just 3days single entry visa, even though I requested for multiple entry grin (awon were) cool So I agree that it's not all about the money in your account but the various other factors the VO considers.

However, I will suggest that first time applicants for UK visas (self-funding their trip) considering how the rules are getting stricter should have at least 1m - 1.5m
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 12:27am On Nov 09, 2013
funkybaby:

Ahan. Ki ni mo tun she? grin

I once applied for a Swiss visa for a weekend getaway with less than 100pounds in my account (based on the rule of 30euros per day as living expenses) and I got 6months multiple. I applied again much later....same category, similar docs but with over 1,000 pounds in my account and I was given just 3days single entry visa, even though I requested for multiple entry grin (awon were) cool So I agree that it's not all about the money in your account but the various other factors the VO considers.

However, I will suggest that first time applicants for UK visas (self-funding their trip) considering how the rules are getting stricter should have at least 1m - 1.5m

Funke ,o daa month gbo e o!!
Mo gba ti e.
So you self be naija abroad.
Always on fo li oke!!!
Enjoy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mojisolani: 5:00am On Nov 09, 2013
Am single and I work as a programme and event manager in my organisation,have been to Ghana and Tazania on business visa.
Pls what are my chances on the application with bal of 200k of acount.like I said.my brother is inviting me,and he stated that am coming to attend his daughter dedication and son birthday, And he stated that he would bear my trips, he had send all the document needed including his tenancy agreement and bank statement and his pay slip.
I want to submit the application this month.pls advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:01am On Nov 09, 2013
mojisolani: Am single and I work as a programme and event manager in my organisation,have been to Ghana and Tazania on business visa.
Pls what are my chances on the application with bal of 200k of acount.like I said.my brother is inviting me,and he stated that am coming to attend his daughter dedication and son birthday, And he stated that he would bear my trips, he had send all the document needed including his tenancy agreement and bank statement and his pay slip.
I want to submit the application this month.pls advice
In my opinion, your chance is 0.9% (zero point nine percent)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mojisolani: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2013
Are you saying I should not submit now? What should I do pls explain better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:19am On Nov 09, 2013
mojisolani: Are you saying I should not submit now? What should I do pls explain better
Given your personal circumstances and the personal fund available to you, it would take a whole page to explain what you need to do...
But you can read my articles on Main Reasons Visas Are Refused as well as The List Of Documents Required...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osayande2020(m): 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
justwise:

What do you do in Nigeria?

Am currently serving but will pass out by february
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
osayande2020:

Am currently serving but will pass out by february

Your chances of getting a visa is pretty remote as you got no strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 1:08am On Nov 10, 2013
Vicjustice, justwise and the house please I intend to book a hotel reservation for 7 days ,will I be able to do this with my ATM visa debit card either with the access bank or fidelity bank, I activated I pin for the access bank card but haven't tried to use it for any online transactions yet. Or should I tell my brother in US to book it for me. Will this pose a problem in anyway?

Again I printed my statement of account clearly showing my salary payed in into my account by my employer though on cash deposit but on my employers name, I was going through the previous post and I saw where somewhere stated the reasons the ECO refused his application and mention cash deposites though i don't know if is money lodgment.

I have a friend of mine whom I lent 20,000 naira and he paid the money back on June and that also reflected on my statement of account , and its the only money credited on a different name other than to my employer's name. I hope this wont be a problem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:45am On Nov 10, 2013
Asorock 1: Vicjustice, justwise and the house please I intend to book a hotel reservation for 7 days ,will I be able to do this with my ATM visa debit card either with the access bank or fidelity bank, I activated I pin for the access bank card but haven't tried to use it for any online transactions yet. Or should I tell my brother in US to book it for me. Will this pose a problem in anyway?

Again I printed my statement of account clearly showing my salary payed in into my account by my employer though on cash deposit but on my employers name, I was going through the previous post and I saw where somewhere stated the reasons the ECO refused his application and mention cash deposites though i don't know if is money lodgment.

I have a friend of mine whom I lent 20,000 naira and he paid the money back on June and that also reflected on my statement of account , and its the only money credited on a different name other than to my employer's name. I hope this wont be a problem
If you have someone to do the reservation for you with a foreign credit card (from abroad) it would be a better choice because, it sometimes happens (but not necessarily the case) that reservations made using Nigerian credit cards (or using foreign credit cards from Nigeria) are automatically cancelled even though there was initial auto confirmation. Ensure that you contact the hotel management for human confirmation.

As for your second concern, that individual is definitely guilty of MONEY LODGEMENT, it is very different from your case in which the monies paid into your account are regular and consistent cash payments by your employer.

Addressing your third concern: N20k is very insignificant.
But hang on a second, are you making me understand that N20k paid into your account is an issue to you? If so, I am of the opinion that your financial circumstance is below what is acceptable for tourist visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2013
Vicjustice:
If you have someone to do the reservation for you with a foreign credit card (from abroad) it would be a better choice because, it sometimes happens (but not necessarily the case) that reservations made using Nigerian credit cards (or using foreign credit cards from Nigeria) are automatically cancelled even though there was initial auto confirmation. Ensure that you contact the hotel management for human confirmation.

As for your second concern, that individual is definitely guilty of MONEY LODGEMENT, it is very different from your case in which the monies paid into your account are regular and consistent cash payments by your employer.

Addressing your third concern: N20k is very insignificant.
But hang on a second, are you making me understand that N20k paid into your account is an issue to you? If so, I am of the opinion that your financial circumstance is below what is acceptable for tourist visa application.

I'm not sure i quite understand that bolded part vicjustice, the 20k is not an issue to me, I'm just asking to know if the ECO will see it as an issue since i have never had anyone depositing or transferring money into that account except my employer, access bank was having network issues that day so i requested my friend to pay the money into the account. So what you mean by that bolded part once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kingkea(m): 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Nairalanders I need urgent help....
My father was just issued his citizenship..as it his now I would like to know my chances in joining him over there....please house I need your sincere advise...on what we can do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by duttybarb(f): 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
king.kea:
Nairalanders I need urgent help....
My father was just issued his citizenship..as it his now I would like to know my chances in joining him over there....please house I need your sincere advise...on what we can do.

How old are you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.