Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983444 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
justwise:

grin grin grin i think i need you to explain how that works grin grin
Hahaha, guy plz leave my boss alone justwise....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wishlolia(f): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Atlantis85: Hi, @ justwise, could you pls give me an email addy I can contact you on as I have a question or a couple of questions to ask of you and I would rather not ask on here. Thank you very much.
this is selfishness. if everybody has this mind set, how would this site prosper?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
Thank boss for ur advice, pls can u advice if i can aply for eea family visa for my wife if i register my self as self employed. To bring my wife to ireland and do my own business rather been employe.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
@justwise n vicjustice, my america student visa was approved yesterday. so how can i go about uk visiting visa, because i want to apply at the end of the end. presently i have 400k in my salary acct and hopefully i should have 600k plus by month end. urgent reply please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
kunlebal: @justwise n vicjustice, my america student visa was approved yesterday. so how can i go about uk visiting visa, because i want to apply at the end of the end. presently i have 400k in my salary acct and hopefully i should have 600k plus by month end. urgent reply please
This is nonsense now!
How many times must you ask this same question and how many times must I respond to it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
Vicjustice: This is[b] nonsense[/b] now!
How many time must you ask this same question and how many time must I respond to it?
pally you never advice me on what to do you only said are you SERIOUS, if i may ask you what do you mean by that and again please be mindful of the word you use against me. what is the meaning of NONSENSE. if i dont need advice on what to do i will not come here, abi did i ask you on how to apply for my student visa in america. just tell me how you think i can go about it and i will really appreciate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
kunlebal:
pally you never advice me on what to do you only said are you SERIOUS, if i may ask you what do you mean by that and again please be mindful of the word you use against me. what is the meaning of NONSENSE. if i dont need advice on what to do i will not come here, abi did i ask you on how to apply for my student visa in america. just tell me how you think i can go about it and i will really appreciate it.
I simply mean that repeating one question over and over and over again doesn't make sense to me: indeed, that question had been thrown several times in many threads and it did get responses as the record in this link shows:
https://www.nairaland.com/kunlebal/posts/1

Well, you got the US student visa under the sponsorship of your mother, this is allowed, but it is not the same rule if applying for a tourist visa, you need to fulfil every requirement especially on employment and financial grounds therefore,I insist that N400K in your account is like a joke hence I asked you before as I'm asking you now ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Vicjustice:
I simply mean that repeating one question over and over and over again doesn't make sense to me: indeed, that question had been thrown several times in many threads and it did get responses as the record in this link shows:
https://www.nairaland.com/kunlebal/posts/1

Well, you got the US student visa under the sponsorship of your mother, this is allowed, but it is not the same rule if applying for a tourist visa, you need to fulfil every requirement especially on employment and financial grounds therefore,I insist that N400K in your account is like a joke hence I asked you before as I'm asking you now ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Thanks very much, am not saying i want to apply with 400k, what am saying now is that by month end the money will be around 600k upward cos of my salary n other savings that is coming to the account.
thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hi Funkybaby,

Just a quick update, my mum received a text message requesting her to come for an interview at the embassy in VI next week within 3working days of re-applying with all neccessary documents this time around. She is to come with her collection slip. I thought they no longer carryout interviews. We are just hoping for the best, fingers crossed.

funkybaby:

there is no RULE anywhere that states you should wait for 6months before reapplying.you can reapply the very next day if you wish to do so and many times after then. what really matters is addressing the previous reasons for refusal and covering all loose ends in the application.

you have two options: you either reapply with the UPDATED bank statement or you appeal.

if you decide to appeal, you will win because the ECO should have taken into account the additional bank statement because as at the time it was couriered to them since they were yet to reach a decision on her application or they should have requested for one based on the principle of evidential flexibility.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Atlantis85(f): 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
wishlolia:
this is selfishness. if everybody has this mind set, how would this site prosper?

Don't be silly love. You have no idea why I made that request. In any case I'm making an open request now. x
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Atlantis85(f): 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hi everyone,

I would like to confirm what application form I'd need, to switch from a student visa to a dependant visa. Also just to be doubly sure, can I apply from within uk?

Thanks.x
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ellacutie14: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Please my father lived in the UK for 6yrs and left the UK 1982 recently he applied for the right of Abode from Nigeria on the basis of someone who lived in the UK at least 5yrs and from a common wealth nation before the laws changed in 1983, please is there any possibility that he might get it.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by royalsweetness(f): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mojisolani: 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
Pls people in the house am waiting to hear from you guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mojisolani: 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
Pls am issue need urgent attention.My blood brother is invite me this next month and he had send following document
Letter of invitation
Bank statement
Copy of his data page
Copy of his son data page
Copy of his daughter date page
Council tax bill
His pay slip
Letter stating that he will take care of my trip and am as well provding
Statement of account
Letter fromthe office
Leave leeter
Pay slip covering six month
My I'd card
And am worried becos I only have 200k in my accont and also I have another account which member of my family are paying into with bal of 50k. What is my chances of getting visa cos am submitting this monthm pls reply me. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by senatorromeo: 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
[quote author=senator-romeo]Justwise, funkbabe and other HELP, HELP, hELP !!!!!!!!!!111
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by senatorromeo: 7:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
justwise, funkbabe and other HELP, HELP, hELP !!!!!!!!!!111
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by senatorromeo: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
Justwise, funkbaby and other HELP, HELP, hELP !!!!!!!!!!111

I have twice applied for a tourist uk visa but my applications were not granted. The first time was when I was working with my brothers as an assistant director, I submitted all documents but didnt include my payslip so my application was refused based on that in 2006, I applied in december 2011 and my application was refused again based on the fact that the cost of the trip is twice my monthly salary in which i earn 157,000 then and i had just 400k+ in my savings account ....lol. I have decided to apply for another tourist UK visa by december, I now run my own business which i started last year but just registered the business with the CAC last month under the business name(enterprises). however , I presently have a good account with the UBA with about 1.5mil balance although i use it for my business and personal funds too, I dont receive salary since i am the business owner and since its a new business i cant pay tax until after a year, Kindly enlighten me on how to get my UKvisa this time. or do i need to start payinf salary into my account funkybaby, justwise,Esulaalu, babyscot and others What do you think i should do so that I can get my visa this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
Tfree: Hi Funkybaby,

Just a quick update, my mum received a text message requesting her to come for an interview at the embassy in VI next week within 3working days of re-applying with all neccessary documents this time around. She is to come with her collection slip. I thought they no longer carryout interviews. We are just hoping for the best, fingers crossed.

It is not the norm to get an invitation to attend an interview for a family visit visa? Did you appeal the previous decision? If yes, they might want her to issue her the visa but with the condition that she withdraws the appeal.

As long as her docs are legit and she's not been involved in anything dodgy, I won't worry too much about the interview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
mojisolani: Pls am issue need urgent attention.My blood brother is invite me this next month and he had send following document
Letter of invitation
Bank statement
Copy of his data page
Copy of his son data page
Copy of his daughter date page
Council tax bill
His pay slip
Letter stating that he will take care of my trip and am as well provding
Statement of account
Letter fromthe office
Leave leeter
Pay slip covering six month
My I'd card
And am worried becos I only have 200k in my accont and also I have another account which member of my family are paying into with bal of 50k. What is my chances of getting visa cos am submitting this monthm pls reply me. God bless

Why do you have to include your brother's kids bio data pages with your application Are they the ones inviting you?
It's totally unnecessary.

Do you have previous travel history?

You should include his mortgage docs or tenancy agreement to prove that he's got space in his flat to accommodate you.

250k is small.

Look at it this way..... You are independent, out of school and working with very little savings, yet you want to put the burden of a 'luxury trip ' on your bro who has got two kids??

I'll suggest you wait, boost your finances to at least 1m - 1.5m and then apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
ellacutie14: Please my father lived in the UK for 6yrs and left the UK 1982 recently he applied for the right of Abode from Nigeria on the basis of someone who lived in the UK at least 5yrs and from a common wealth nation before the laws changed in 1983, please is there any possibility that he might get it.thanks

I have no idea about the rules on right of abode.

However, if he has proof and docs that he was legitimately in the UK before the rules changed, then he should get it.

If they think otherwise, consult an experienced immigration lawyer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Atlantis85: Hi everyone,

I would like to confirm what application form I'd need, to switch from a student visa to a dependant visa. Also just to be doubly sure, can I apply from within uk?

Thanks.x

Yeah. The rules have changed. You can apply from within the UK.

What's your husband status? check UKBA's website for the form to use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
nickson03: Thank boss for ur advice, pls can u advice if i can aply for eea family visa for my wife if i register my self as self employed. To bring my wife to ireland and do my own business rather been employe.

Yes, you can.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Atlantis85(f): 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
funkybaby:

Yeah. The rules have changed. You can apply from within the UK.

What's your husband status? check UKBA's website for the form to use.

Thanks for the reply. He's got a work permit for 3years. I've found the form, thanks. Relieved to know there's no problem applying within uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 08, 2013
@funkybaby
Thank you for the reply, she didn't appeal the decision. It's a fresh application but I asked her to write a cover letter addressing the refusal and attached the refusal letter. Also attached evidence of their refusing the couriered bank statement, before proceeding to decline her on the same evidence. The cover letter was worded with her accepting responsibility for neglecting to provide the bank statement at point of submitting the application as supposed to being defensive.

All her documents are legit, our documents are legit as well. No attempt has been made to contact my husband who is the invitee and sponsor though.

funkybaby:

It is not the norm to get an invitation to attend an interview for a family visit visa? Did you appeal the previous decision? If yes, they might want her to issue her the visa but with the condition that she withdraws the appeal.

As long as her docs are legit and she's not been involved in anything dodgy, I won't worry too much about the interview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 1:49am On Nov 08, 2013
Please justwise, Vicjustice and other gurus in the house, I want to ask if i can print a statement of account from my bank today and use it for UK visa application in a week or 2 weeks time

Or alternatively if the UK embassy will accept a statement of account from June to October (5 months) showing my regular monthly income and withdraw cos I'm afraid that the balance in my account will reduce to 800,000naira ( exlusive of november salary) which might be seen as insufficient for a week trip once i pull out the 1.1m naira I intend to use to finish up the deal on my 2 plots of land worth 3m naira and Note i will also include the receipt , power of attorney and paper surveys of the land.

I'm thinking of printing the statement at 1.1m closing balance and will withdraw another 300000 today after the statement. Is this a good idea Or it doesn't matter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:58am On Nov 08, 2013
Asorock 1: Please justwise, Vicjustice and other gurus in the house, I want to ask if i can print a statement of account from my bank today and use it for UK visa application in a week or 2 weeks time

Or alternatively if the UK embassy will accept a statement of account from June to October (5 months) showing my regular monthly income and withdraw cos I'm afraid that the balance in my account will reduce to 800,000naira ( exlusive of november salary) which might be seen as insufficient for a week trip once i pull out the 1.1m naira I intend to use to finish up the deal on my 2 plots of land worth 3m naira and Note i will also include the receipt , power of attorney and paper surveys of the land.

I'm thinking of printing the statement at 1.1m closing balance and will withdraw another 300000 today after the statement. Is this a good idea Or it doesn't matter
You shouldn't have any problem with a 5 months bank statement especially if the Visa Officer does not see any cause to suspect that you're hiding a recorded transaction. But however, I should warn you that it is risky to present a bank statement to the embassy and then to withdraw a significant amount from the account... This could (but not necessarily) be judged as deception which could result in a 10 years ban from the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 6:06am On Nov 08, 2013
Vicjustice:
You shouldn't have any problem with a 5 months bank statement especially if the Visa Officer does not see any cause to suspect that you're hiding a recorded transaction. But however, I should warn you that it is risky to present a bank statement to the embassy and then to withdraw a significant amount from the account... This could (but not necessarily) be judged as deception which could result in a 10 years ban from the UK.

I understand , but there is no deception on this, the money is for the land, which i will also present the papers but my fear is that the ECO might not take into consideration the value of the land and will only look at the balance on my statement at that moment to come to a conclusion, that's why i'm thinking if i could print it from june to date ( 6 months) which will also show that 800000 naira was already withdrawn on wednesday and thursday before i do the final withdrawal this afternoon to complete the 1.1m naira I need.
1.)can i print the statement of account today and use it for application in a week or 2 weeks time
2.) Is there a specific date for a SOA to be considered unacceptable
3.) should i go ahead and withdraw all the amount i need and print the statement when I'm ready to apply with balance of 800k or 750k , won't this amount be seen insufficient that's my problem and I don't know if I should wait and receive November salary by 26th to boost the account before i apply, my fear is that the visa might not be ready before 24th which is my intended date of travel to UK should incase the visa is granted, please justwise, vicjustice and good people of nairaland advice is needed as i have just 3 hours to meet for the land deal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by senatorromeo: 6:50am On Nov 08, 2013
I am a business man and I use my personal savings account for my business, Can I use the same savings account to apply for the UK Visa and how do i go about the salary issue? do I need a payslip when I dont receive salary? Vic, just wise and others help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2013
Asorock 1: Please justwise, Vicjustice and other gurus in the house, I want to ask if i can print a statement of account from my bank today and use it for UK visa application in a week or 2 weeks time

You can go ahead and withdraw the money after printing your statement. The same way money can be deducted from your account doing the application process is the same way money can be credited. What happens if you make a deposit of 350k?

There's no requirement in the guidance docs for visiting visas that you should have money in your account for a certain period of time.

My only concern is the 5 months bank statement. The rules ask for 6 months bank statement prior to your date of application. Right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 8:59am On Nov 08, 2013
funkybaby:

You can go ahead and withdraw the money after printing your statement. The same way money can be deducted from your account doing the application process is the same way money can be credited. What happens if you make a deposit of 350k?

There's no requirement in the guidance docs for visiting visas that you should have money in your account for a certain period of time.

My only concern is the 5 months bank statement. The rules ask for 6 months bank statement prior to your date of application. Right?

I will be printing June to November(6 months) but I might not have my salary for november reflecting in the statement if i print today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2013
funkybaby:

funkybaby that will be a risky thing to do because the balance in his account is material to his visa decision, if an applicant presents a bank statement showing 1m for example, he/her is basically saying that this money is available for me for the trip, going ahead to withdraw significant amount of that money even before the visa is out is misrepresentation/deception.

Yes he can pay more money into the account which can only be a good thing but withdrawing to reduce the balance is risky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.