Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983500 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kingkea(m): 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
In ma passport it states 23....but am 28
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by duttybarb(f): 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
No idea why you lied about age but that's irrelevant.

I think you should read the naturalisation rules on UKBA. You are above 18 so your father cannot bring to the UK under his status as his dependent. You will probably have to get a Tier 2 or 1 visa to qualify for indefinite leave to remain and from there settle..if you want.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/naturalisation/standardrequirements/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
king.kea:
Nairalanders I need urgent help....
My father was just issued his citizenship..as it his now I would like to know my chances in joining him over there....please house I need your sincere advise...on what we can do.
king.kea:
If you are a dependant minor under 16, that could be possible, but as a 23 (28) years old adult, that would be impossible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
Asorock 1: [/b]

I'm not sure i quite understand that bolded part vicjustice, the 20k is not an issue to me, I'm just asking to know if the ECO will see it as an issue since i have never had anyone depositing or transferring money into that account except my employer, access bank was having network issues that day so i requested my friend to pay the money into the account. So what you mean by that bolded part once again
It is simple, N20k paid into your account is insignificant if the money in the account is imposing, but for the fact that you are bothered that it may raise a question, I am of the opinion that there is not much money in your account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Vicjustice:
It is simple, N20k paid into your account is insignificant if the money in the account is imposing, but for the fact that you are bothered that it may raise a question, I am of the opinion that there is not much money in your account

You shouldn't conclude just like that, you are not here with me to know my circumstances, what are you thinking? That anybody that comes here to seek for advice is poor or something, I have to be honest with you, somehow you should work on your public relation, You sound harsh at times if not always, I have over a million naira in that account with regular and consistence income, I also have investment worth millions not bragging anyway, you should try to correct the manner in which you answer or follow people's post here, NOBODY KNOWS IT ALL. Thanks for your reply and I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osayande2020(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
justwise:

Your chances of getting a visa is pretty remote as you got no strong tie to Nigeria.

Thank you very much for your response, is there no way I could get it as in is there no other altenative for me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
king.kea:
I can not believe this!!!
Another Nigerian PROUDLY stating on a public forum for all the world and visa officers to read.
that he has passport with false data that he intends to use.

This will just hinder any others applying for papers.
Everyone should condem this CRIMINAL activity!!!
Proud Naija on it's face in the gutter again!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Asorock 1:

You shouldn't conclude just like that, you are not here with me to know my circumstances, what are you thinking? That anybody that comes here to seek for advice is poor or something, I have to be honest with you, somehow you should work on your public relation, You sound harsh at times if not always, I have over a million naira in that account with regular and consistence income, I also have investment worth millions not bragging anyway, you should try to correct the manner in which you answer or follow people's post here, NOBODY KNOWS IT ALL. Thanks for your reply and I appreciate.
You sought my advice and i rendered it to you my own way; you asked me to explain, and I explained it in all honesty. I said nothing of offensive nature, so, it is not my fault that you are unable to accept my own opinion, that is your own problem.
Now, this is a display of an ungrateful character, I gave my time and efforts answering your numerous questions, yet you have the mind to show this attitude...: by the way, I'm not interested in how extremely rich you are, just save the bragging for someone who may be interested in your wealth
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by duttybarb(f): 8:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
worry 359:
I can not believe this!!!
Another Nigerian PROUDLY stating on a public forum for all the world and visa officers to read.
that he has passport with false data that he intends to use.

This will just hinder any others applying for papers.
Everyone should condem this CRIMINAL activity!!!
Proud Naija on it's face in the gutter again!

I agree. its utterly annoying and disappointing the antics and level of dishonesty Nigerians go through just to go abroad. We have single handedly destroyed our global rep because of this. What will it hurt to just be honest?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
Vicjustice:
You sought my advice and i rendered it to you my own way; you asked me to explain, and I explained it in all honesty. I said nothing of offensive nature, so, it is not my fault that you are unable to accept my own opinion, that is your own problem.
Now, this is a display of an ungrateful character, I gave my time and efforts answering your numerous questions, yet you have the mind to show this attitude...: by the way, I'm not interested in how extremely rich you are, just save the bragging for someone who may be interested in your wealth

Well I'm really really sorry Vicjustice, I must commend your effort, justwise and everyone here , didn't mean to sound rude or bragging honestly, but you know most times we can act human and make mistakes. I just understood the statement as insulting to me cos you on your own part didn't understand my fear as this ECO's could just deny an application with little excuses, i have already faced so much disappointments and this time , i'm trying to be extremly careful please accept my apologies and i would like to get a reply from you that you've let it be as we are Men.
God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by senatorromeo: 11:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Thank you VicJustice, what do you advice me to do now ? Do i need to open another account ? Savings or current? should i start paying salary into the account ? Please get back soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by senatorromeo: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
Thank you VicJustice, what do you advice me to do now ? Do i need to open another account ? Savings or current? should i start paying salary into the account ? Please get back soon

Vicjustice:
It is not logical to expect that you will be spending the money intended for your business on a (tourist) trip abroad, therefore, you will definitely have troubles with this kind of account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by opsy4real1: 6:23am On Nov 11, 2013
also in my opinion, i thought exactly as much as vicjustice thought based on the emphasis on the 20k. I assumed ur closing account must be on the very low since you(asorock) were hammering on the insignificant deposit with fear. Its cool now dat u declare a good account. All d best!
Vicjustice:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 11:34am On Nov 11, 2013
Vicjustice I apologize to you last night I'm still waiting for your reply to know if I'm forgiven , meanwhile I want you, justwise and fellow nairalands to please look into my mini budget for a 7 days trip, you can add or subtract. I'm going alone.

Flight=£600
Hotel( 7 days inclusive breakfast)=£ 272.05
Travel card for 7 days, zone 1-6(oyster) note i got this idea from here= £60
Feeding(lunch and dinner )= £100
Miscellaneous/tour tickets=£ 100
Mini shopping=£250

Total=1382.05

I wanted to keep it at £1350, closing balance in account 1.1m naira , net income 145000

Please I will be anticipating urgent reply i don't want to face any disappointment again.

Again please do I have to submit my work ID card when submitting the application or just the photocopy we need the staff ID to always come to work.

God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
I think you were being overly cautious when you mentioned the 20k earlier knowing how finicky some visa officials can be, it is a good thing you have separate account -thats not muddled up with family issues -for your salary indicating consistent payment-would have been better why bank transfer but atleast its showing your employer- the 20k transaction is minor and its several months ago--

A letter of introduction/payslip etc plus a photocopy of you ID- you might want to mention the reason for not submitting you ID in the space given at the end

you've made very reasonable budget, wish you good luck

you wont get a flight for 600 in the high seasons, I'm sure you know this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dis Guy: I think you were being overly cautious when you mentioned the 20k earlier knowing how finicky some visa officials can be, it is a good thing you have separate account -thats not muddled up with family issues -for your salary indicating consistent payment-would have been better why bank transfer but atleast its showing your employer- the 20k transaction is minor and its several months ago--

A letter of introduction/payslip etc plus a photocopy of you ID- you might want to mention the reason for not submitting you ID in the space given at the end

you've made very reasonable budget, wish you good luck

you wont get a flight for 600 in the high seasons, I'm sure you know this

Thanks Dis guy for that wonderful contribution, I have checked on flight and Qatar airways to London from 24th to 31st december 2013 cost about 141.539 through wakanow.com and that's about £568. I hope flying Qatar airways to London without there British airways won't cause any problem

Now do I leave the total of that budget at 1382 or make it up to £1400

Please one more thing , shoulda HR stamp the introduction letter with the company seal stamp or the ink stamp, what about the pay slip too, what we have a computer print out pay slip does it require stamp and signature too for the embassy.

Please general advice is needed seriously and If i don't get any contribution from vicjustice here i will feel so bad cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Asorock 1:

Thanks Dis guy for that wonderful contribution, I have checked on flight and Qatar airways to London from 24th to 31st december 2013 cost about 141.539 through wakanow.com and that's about £568. I hope flying Qatar airways to London without there British airways won't cause any problem

Please one more thing , shoulda HR stamp the introduction letter with the company seal stamp or the ink stamp, what about the pay slip too, what we have a computer print out pay slip does it require stamp and signature too for the embassy.

Please general advice is needed seriously and If i don't get any contribution from vicjustice here i will feel so bad cry

the more you allow for the better, remember price will change when you eventually buy your tickets.

Is your company well know/recognizable? A letter headed paper with contact details should be enough, you can stamp it if you want. your payslips should be as you were given officially
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dis Guy:

I the more allow for the better, remember price will change when you eventually buy your tickets.

Is your company well know/recognizable? A letter headed paper with contact details should be enough, you can stamp it if you want. you payslips should be as you were given officially

The company is a marketing company, limited liability company(private owner )
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hi my learned peeps,
I'm inviting my mum and younger brother for my graduation in dec.They applied last week. I got a call from the home office, asking me so many questions i.e details about them,me, where they'll stay (which is in my rented private accommodation), etc. So many questions!is dat a good sign?really anxious.Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hi Asorock1. It takes a real man to admit a fault and it takes wisdom to apologise for it: I am therefore delighted to accept your apology.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
osayande2020:

Thank you very much for your response, is there no way I could get it as in is there no other altenative for me

I don't think there is an alternative means of getting it. Considering your situation in Nigeria at the moment i don't see the alternative way.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
Adiahabasi: Hi my learned peeps,
I'm inviting my mum and younger brother for my graduation in dec.They applied last week. I got a call from the home office, asking me so many questions i.e details about them,me, where they'll stay (which is in my rented private accommodation), etc. So many questions!is dat a good sign?really anxious.Thanks.

If you gave them the right answer then you got nothing to worry about.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Funkybaby and fellow nairaland good pm please is ok funky, we all are here for one COMMON goal and that's to assist each other. UNiITY UNITY UNITY. Now you guys should concentrate on helping me and some other guys here.

God bless you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
Asorock 1:

I haven't got an answer yet on the above quote.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
Asorock 1:

I haven't got an answer yet on the above quote.

Asorock 1:

Please general advice is needed seriously and If i don't get any contribution from vicjustice here i will feel so bad

I haven't got an answer yet on the above quote

@Asorock, u can fly any airline you like. There's no law dt says u must fly a particular airline.

As regards the letter of introduction, it depends on the usual practice in ur organization. It could either be sealed or stamped,either of the 2 will suffice.

You do not really need to stamp ur payslip (provided u are sure that is the true reflection of ur pay).

As regards rounding up your budget, it doesn't have to be rounded up to a whole number. Just be logical and realistic with ur proposed expenditure.

I hope my contribution helps.

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
hello guys, i applied for uk settlement visa on the 31st of october, im goin as a dependant cus ma uncle is in the uk.... but since then i havent gotten any text apart from the "your visa application has been received for processing".. was just wondering if anyone could give me an updated time as to which the application process will be completed...waiting for ur responses...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
SOTAJ:

Asorock 1:

Please general advice is needed seriously and If i don't get any contribution from vicjustice here i will feel so bad

I haven't got an answer yet on the above quote

@Asorock, u can fly any airline you like. There's no law dt says u must fly a particular airline.

As regards the letter of introduction, it depends on the usual practice in ur organization. It could either be sealed or stamped,either of the 2 will suffice.

You do not really need to stamp ur payslip (provided u are sure that is the true reflection of ur pay).

As regards rounding up your budget, it doesn't have to be rounded up to a whole number. Just be logical and realistic with ur proposed expenditure.

I hope my contribution helps.

Cheers.

Cheers!!!! Thanks so much SOTAJ, but on a closer look at that budget, if you are the ECO what you gonna think?
Do you think that budget is realistic

Ok now another question, on that part where the form ask how much do you spend on family members and dependant.

ii.) how much do you spend personally on monthly bases.

You can agree with me that this Questions are technical

This is for a friend who also wish to apply for UK visa and he is a bachelor who ends 130k and he doesn't have a fix amount he spend on monthly bases or to the family members.

What's the best figures he can put in there

Give me a more logical and better answer to give on this questions to suite so as not spoil the visa chance.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
@ Asorock 1,

Well, I am not a visa officer and I do not know what ur monthly net pay is (I have not really followed ur story) cos dt goes a long way in forming a VO's decision. If ur monthly pay is anything above 150k with a savings of 1.1mm without any dependant, I think u should be ok with dt budget.

As regards monthly living expenses, it's not dt d VO expects it to be spelt out like dt. What u are expected to write there is d average ( say the range over a period of time).

Then if the person is a bachelor and doesn't have any dependents like sibblings and so on, then I think you are free to put N/A (not applicable ) in dt column.

Those are my views. The gurus in d house can as well drop some lines here. Justwise and Vicjustice, ur inputs are required.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dramadiddy: hello guys, i applied for uk settlement visa on the 31st of october, im goin as a dependant cus ma uncle is in the uk.... but since then i havent gotten any text apart from the "your visa application has been received for processing".. was just wondering if anyone could give me an updated time as to which the application process will be completed...waiting for ur responses...thanks
You applied for a UK visa as a dependant of your "uncle"? Well, that's a minus.
Anyway, there's nothing you can do to fast-forward the application, so there's no need to bother yourself with anxiety

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.