Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980421 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:48am On Nov 28, 2013
Finally about to start my application today, and I'm seeing that the site is down due to maintenance going on. Who knows about this and what time the site would be back up, or am i at the wrong site? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by d2ddayo(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Vicjustice:
I can only wonder why anyone would tell you to reapply for the visa knowing fully well that you were refused on the ground of "DECEIT". Well, you can reapply if you want to bin your money and waste your time.

By the way, I insist that whether the UK or Ireland, the two countries shares same immigration database:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnT5aq0vx_Y
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE SO FAR, BUT ONE THINK I NEEDE TO CONFIRM UP IN HERE, IN THIS SITUATION I DIDNT WITHHOLD ANY INFO, NEITHER DID I TELL A LIE, THE ONLY THING IS WHAT HAPPENED WHICH I HAD TOLD.... SO NOW DOES THAT MEAN I CANT WRITE THEM TO CHALLENGE THIS WITH ALL PROVES I BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE ROOM FOR APPEAL THROUGH A LAWYER CUS I ENEVR LIED AND SAME THING I SHOULD WRITE IF I INTEND TO APPLY TO THE UK EMBASSY. IT DEFINITELY IS ON THE FORM IF EVER REFUSED AND THEY I WILL EXPLAIN AND ALSO A LETTER FROM AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER BOTH FROM HERE AND THERE. PLS WHAT IS UR ADVICE?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Vicjustice:
I can only wonder why anyone would tell you to reapply for the visa knowing fully well that you were refused on the ground of "DECEIT". Well, you can reapply if you want to bin your money and waste your time.

By the way, I insist that whether the UK or Ireland, the two countries shares same immigration database:

i disagree with your comment that they share the same immigration database.just because i was refused an entry visa by UK or Ireland does not mean Netherlands or the USA will refuse me too. even if these countries share the same database as you claim, do they have the same immigration law, visa requirements, etc ?? How can you say that because someone was refused visa to Ireland, the person is automatically banned from applying to the UK

you need to understand that each country is sovereign with its own immigration law, requirements, policies, etc. it down to the applicant to meet the specific visa requirements of the country he is seeking to visit/reside.

can you show me a link from the Irish immigration law that states anything on 10 years visa ban

d2ddayo, clearly stated that after the refusal from the Irish embassy, he went ahead to reply for a french visa and he was granted. If we are to go with your argument, then Ireland and France should be 'sharing the same immigration data' - after all, they are both in the EU. so why was he not refused by the French embassy? so your argument holds no water. like i said to you in a previous thread. . . . . when was the last time you applied for a visa? No be Irish passport you get? so why do you stand with such authority like you know how these things work?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
d2ddayo:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE SO FAR, BUT ONE THINK I NEEDE TO CONFIRM UP IN HERE, IN THIS SITUATION I DIDNT WITHHOLD ANY INFO, NEITHER DID I TELL A LIE, THE ONLY THING IS WHAT HAPPENED WHICH I HAD TOLD.... SO NOW DOES THAT MEAN I CANT WRITE THEM TO CHALLENGE THIS WITH ALL PROVES I BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE ROOM FOR APPEAL THROUGH A LAWYER CUS I ENEVR LIED AND SAME THING I SHOULD WRITE IF I INTEND TO APPLY TO THE UK EMBASSY. IT DEFINITELY IS ON THE FORM IF EVER REFUSED AND THEY I WILL EXPLAIN AND ALSO A LETTER FROM AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER BOTH FROM HERE AND THERE. PLS WHAT IS UR ADVICE?
I like to take your word that you did not lie, and this is what you know. But the issue is what the embassy accuses you of, they accused you of DECEIT, and that is a problem.
There is no country that doesn't take deception seriously, and every country imposes a ban for this violation.
Look, I don't stand to gain anything whether you apply again or not, I just felt the responsibility of warning you of the likely consequences. So, it's up to you if you want to follow the advice of those who are encouraging you to spend your money fighting a battle that you can never win.
A reasonable advise would be the one that suggests you to seek a way to rectify the DECEIT that the embassy already has in your record, not the one that encourages you to reapply and explain the suspected deception: it is unwise to think that a visa officer will have the time to listen to your explanations, in fact, you have been blacklisted and therefore, they won't even look at your package before refusing your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
As i promised to update the house on the outcome of my UK visa application, well here i am, I got the package from the UPS today and I was refused ...the only reason being that the my stated income of N145000 a month is not enough after deducting my monthly expenses on living cost and dependents...and that the 1300 pounds i stated for the cost of my trip is X4 of my monthly income , despite evidence of investments, I don't think i have to lie about my income for a visa...Just like someone said here, the sky will not fall...
I believe that so long as there is life, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE HOPE.

By next year i will surely apply for my proposed conference in US, i just wanted to go to UK to add more to my travel history which was the reason for my initial denial of US visa, i have only been to dubai and Ghana, but whatever be the outcome , i will also take it as the will of GOD.

I wish everyone here who has also applied for a UK visa SUCCESS, and also thanking the moderators, Vicjustice, Justwise, Dis Guy, Funkybaby, and other good members of this great forum for your advice, you guys are really doing a great job...I believe that one day i will be here to render this service to humanity.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
@Asorock1. Sorry my brother. Yes I said it that the sky will not fall if refused a visa. though sad. I also got my packet on Monday and was refused for frivolous reason that I did not state reasons and places I will be visiting in the UK which I did carefully in two pages as advised by Londoncool; God bless you sir. Now i wonder if the ECO checked my documents or just arrived at conclusion base on some selfish reasons. After that I met a layer who said she can write a review letter on my behalf for 70k and gave me 100% assurance that i will be granted, told her to commence but will not pay a dime until visa is out, she objected and I went home with my packet hoping to reapply some other time.
Justwise, vicjustice and others are doing good job here. But please always try and give us the best, when we ask for information, don't hesitate, it is important to guide us, not that we are dullards but the visa processing can be so confusing. Once again Asorock1 go back to work, it is well. I am back to my job which pays me well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: @Asorock1. Sorry my brother. Yes I said it that the sky will not fall if refused a visa. though sad. I also got my packet on Monday and was refused for frivolous reason that I did not state reasons and places I will be visiting in the UK which I did carefully in two pages as advised by Londoncool; God bless you sir. Now i wonder if the ECO checked my documents or just arrived at conclusion base on some selfish reasons. After that I met a layer who said she can write a review letter on my behalf for 70k and gave me 100% assurance that i will be granted, told her to commence but will not pay a dime until visa is out, she objected and I went home with my packet hoping to reapply some other time.
Justwise, vicjustice and others are doing good job here. But please always try and give us the best, when we ask for information, don't hesitate, it is important to guide us, not that we are dullards but the visa processing can be so confusing. Once again Asorock1 go back to work, it is well. I am back to my job which pays me well.

Thanks so much frontpagelawyer, whatever happens , God knows the best, please don't give anyone your penny, I also had a similar case , I almost fell into the evil hands of an agent who demanded i pay 150k naira to apply for the UK , he demanded i pay the full amount whether the visa is successful or not, but I refused and came here, got every information i needed, and I'm happy that their only reason is the amount i earn, soon I Intend to start up my own business or hopefully get promoted at the place of work and then my financial circumstances will change, and I can reapply for this visas.
Meanwhile I will try to apply for the conference at the US embassy next year, i will let the will of God be done.
Remain Bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dideoluayantund: 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
@Vicjustice regarding d2ddayo's plight i like submit that your stands on this argument is too negative .It is very clear that knowledge is not limited and we are entitle to our opinions.The situation with the guy in Question never mention TEN years ban as you stated and should he declare yes and no where required of him in his UK application not minding the fact that uk and Irish sharing info.He will surely be given if he meets all their requirements. I wish you well my bro in your applications.There is no monopoly of knowlege on Nairaland.pls.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
dideoluayantund: @Vicjustice regarding d2ddayo's plight i like submit that your stands on this argument is too negative .It is very clear that knowledge is not limited and we are entitle to our opinions.The situation with the guy in Question never mention TEN years ban as you stated and should he declare yes and no where required of him in his UK application not minding the fact that uk and Irish sharing info.He will surely be given if he meets all their requirements. I wish you well my bro in your applications.There is no monopoly of knowlege on Nairaland.pls.
It is clear to me that some of you here like to make analysis on hope and encouragement rather than on reality and rules.
Now, tell me: is there any western country that does not impose a ban on anyone they deem DECEITFUL?
Don't be ignorant, getting an Irish visa is an extremely difficult thing for applicants with clean record how much more for a person who has "DECEIT" recorded against his name.
I insist: a wise advice is the one that suggests he clears his name off that record, and an unreasonable advice is the one that encourages him to apply in vain hope.
Soon, someone like you would put it "in the hand of God" to see him through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dideoluayantund: 3:36am On Nov 29, 2013
@Vicjustice your use of language as a moderator doesn't portray you to be matured.I have been on this thread for less than three months and i find your opinion to be rude,preposterous and nonsensical . Its is not mandatory you address all issues especially when you are different about the poster's opinion. courtesy demand that you allow other people to express their mind that is the basis of the medium pls.Just be positive for once mr know it all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geek(m): 6:50am On Nov 29, 2013
dideoluayantund: courtesy demand that you allow other people to express their mind

How exactly is Vic's disagreeing with the opinions of others discourteous? He's not editing or hiding other people's posts so I don't see how he's preventing others from 'expressing their mind'.

All I see Vic doing is providing FACT rather than the subjectives or 'pray to God for a visa' that others use. I agree at times he does this in a very direct (borderline rude manner) but hey I'd much rather get his advice than guidance filtered down based on heresay. Vic provides advice that's relevant, considered and doesn't see me wasting my time or money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2013
dideoluayantund: @Vicjustice your use of language as a moderator doesn't portray you to be matured.I have been on this thread for less than three months and i find your opinion to be rude,preposterous and nonsensical . Its is not mandatory you address all issues especially when you are different about the poster's opinion. courtesy demand that you allow other people to express their mind that is the basis of the medium pls.Just be positive for once mr know it all.
Why have you now resorted to giving me personal insults? A mature mind would debate emphatically to make his point, and also be graceful at defeat.
Please, tell me the language that I used which are considered offensive to your sensibility.
To be honest, I've thought about leaving this forum of insults for ones like you, but then, my desire to contribute the little that I can to those in need keeps me here.
By the way, you accorded me a "moderator" and this makes me wonder if all is well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2013
geek:

How exactly is Vic's disagreeing with the opinions of others discourteous? He's not editing or hiding other people's posts so I don't see how he's preventing others from 'expressing their mind'.

All I see Vic doing is providing FACT rather than the subjectives or 'pray to God for a visa' that others use. I agree at times he does this in a very direct (borderline rude manner) but hey I'd much rather get his advice than guidance filtered down based on heresay. Vic provides advice that's relevant, considered and doesn't see me wasting my time or money.

At least, there is someone who understands my campaign. Well done
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2013
Vicjustice: At least, there is someone who understands my campaign. Well done
vic, pls just ignore.. Truth hurts.. Visa truth hurts more wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 9:25am On Nov 29, 2013
And pls has anyone heard of a minor applyin for settlement visa.. Hw lng did it take the person.. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2013
Dramadiddy: And pls has anyone heard of a minor applyin for settlement visa.. Hw lng did it take the person.. Thanks
Due to verification processes and the medical procedures that may be involved, it can take any time between a couple of months to 18 months in a smooth case, otherwise, it might take up to 3 years even until the child becomes too old and ineligible to apply for settlement visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by d2ddayo(m): 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
geek:

thank you for concern over this issue of mine, please i will implore us all up in here not to take it otherwise which might lead we insulting eachother. i believe the essence of this thread is for us all to learn and advert future mistakes which makes no man an island up in here. thank you vic, dideoluayantund and everyone who had in one way contributed to this issue of mine. now the major thing is first i didnt lie and i ve to look and use all ways to clear this wrong accusation! yea i know ireland and uk share the same immigration rules, et al so does that mean i wont be able to apply to the uk till anoda 8 years. i believe this can be reviewed once i get a good lawyer and i prove my innocence to this. what is the way forward is my question up in here. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
d2ddayo:
thank you for concern over this issue of mine, please i will implore us all up in here not to take it otherwise which might lead we insulting eachother. i believe the essence of this thread is for us all to learn and advert future mistakes which makes no man an island up in here. thank you vic, dideoluayantund and everyone who had in one way contributed to this issue of mine. now the major thing is first i didnt lie and i ve to look and use all ways to clear this wrong accusation! yea i know ireland and uk share the same immigration rules, et al so does that mean i wont be able to apply to the uk till anoda 8 years. i believe this can be reviewed once i get a good lawyer and i prove my innocence to this. what is the way forward is my question up in here. thanks
You're on the right track, Mr. Just disregard every suggestion to reapply and first look for a means to prove your innocence and clear your name off that "deceit" record. This is the valid advice for your situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: @Asorock1. Sorry my brother. Yes I said it that the sky will not fall if refused a visa. though sad. I also got my packet on Monday and was refused for frivolous reason that I did not state reasons and places I will be visiting in the UK which I did carefully in two pages as advised by Londoncool; God bless you sir. Now i wonder if the ECO checked my documents or just arrived at conclusion base on some selfish reasons. After that I met a layer who said she can write a review letter on my behalf for 70k and gave me 100% assurance that i will be granted, told her to commence but will not pay a dime until visa is out, she objected and I went home with my packet hoping to reapply some other time.

There is noting like 100% assurance, nobody in his or her right mind promises you that, no visa is 100% guaranteed, you don't need any special skill to write a review, just complete a form and explain why you think the ECO is wrong for refusing you a visa addressing each refusal point. No additional document is needed, nothing.

Good luck anyway
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:32am On Nov 30, 2013
justwise:

There is noting like 100% assurance, nobody in his or her right mind promises you that, no visa is 100% guaranteed, you don't need any special skill to write a review, just complete a form and explain why you think the ECO is wrong for refusing you a visa addressing each refusal point. No additional document is needed, nothing.

Good luck anyway

Thanks justwise... are you saying i should put in a review or reapply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dlima: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2013
Morning all, fantastic work you are all doing here. I need some advice from the gurus in the house. My sister is about to renew her uk visa and I brought it to her attention that she wrote the wrong year for our dad's date of birth on her previous application. Now the question is should she correct this with explaination or continue to use the wrong date in the subsequent application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:36am On Nov 30, 2013
dlima: Morning all, fantastic work you are all doing here. I need some advice from the gurus in the house. My sister is about to renew her uk visa and I brought it to her attention that she wrote the wrong year for our dad's date of birth on her previous application. Now the question is should she correct this with explaination or continue to use the wrong date in the subsequent application. Thanks
She is not the first one neither would she be the last applicant to present wrong parent(s) age(s). Embassies are aware of the poor documentation and identification system in Nigeria (especially with elderly people), so, she won't have much of a problem with parents age discrepancy except they suspect that she is using deception: but if they know that she doesn't really know the ages, she would be fine.
Some time ago (when the online form system just started), people used to get stucked on parent's age column because, the box wasn't accepting anything except you enter a valid date format; i too had problem filling an application form (for a relative) when i couldn't proceed to next page... So, i just entered a guessed age to enable me proceed: At the end, i wrote a short note with the exact content:

"Parents' date of birth may be wrong as there was no formal registration system in Nigeria during their births, therefore, the DOBs provided are not to the best of my knowledge"

Believe me, the application was approved. Yet, another time, the same individual was applying for another visa, but we forgot the parents ages that we entered before and therefore, as the system had it, we were compelled to enter totally different DOBs with similar explanatory note (even blaming it on their online system that didn't make provision for those who do not know their parents date of birth).
Trust me, the visa was approved again.
Now, there is provision for those who are not sure of their parents' DOBs: there is now the option of "DON'T KNOW"
I can arguably say that i am among the reasons that this option is now provided for visa applicants in poor documentation/identification countries.
I like to recommend that she chooses the option of "DON'T KNOW" because, this is an easy way to move on... but your parents would need affidavits and/or Age Declaration documents should they wish to apply for a visa in future
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 11:07am On Nov 30, 2013
What justice is saying is true if you have been refuse an irish visa base on deceit there is a chance u may be refuse uk visa too. My friend wife was refuse uk. Base on stupid reason so i want to apply for a irish visa for her but i decided to do some reseach before puting application to irish visa i discover that irish and uk share thesame data information which enable irish to discover many people that make application to irish had previously been refuse by uk and many that apply to uk had be refuse by irish many were refuse by irish or uk. However, the irish will place 3 year ban on you if found deceit not 10y this is stated clear on irish immigration web. But there is a chance of been refuse by uk if irish refuse you base on deceit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2013
nickson03: What justice is saying is true if you have been refuse an irish visa base on deceit there is a chance u may be refuse uk visa too. My friend wife was refuse uk. Base on stupid reason so i want to apply for a irish visa for her but i decided to do some reseach before puting application to irish visa i discover that irish and uk share thesame data information which enable irish to discover many people that make application to irish had previously been refuse by uk and many that apply to uk had be refuse by irish many were refuse by irish or uk. However, the irish will place 3 year ban on you if found deceit not 10y this is stated clear on irish immigration web. But there is a chance of been refuse by uk if irish refuse you base on deceit.
Well said.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ericas: 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
hello
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dlima: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
@Vicjustice, thank you for your prompt response. Your comment makes alot of sense and I wish she had chosen that option, but she actually thought she had the accurate year. So now that this has happened, should she correct it in the application she is submitting now, with or without an explaination, or just not rock the boat. I have read here where people that are regular travellers are refused for inconsistencies. thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ikjay: 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
justwise;please a friend is asking how can he apply for uk business visa...can you give me the load down on how to..thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by KissIkebe(f): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
dlima: @Vicjustice, thank you for your prompt response. Your comment makes alot of sense and I wish she had chosen that option, but she actually thought she had the accurate year. So now that this has happened, should she correct it in the application she is submitting now, with or without an explaination, or just not rock the boat. I have read here where people that are regular travellers are refused for inconsistencies. thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by KissIkebe(f): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
Another person asking a question for a friend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
dlima: @Vicjustice, thank you for your prompt response. Your comment makes alot of sense and I wish she had chosen that option, but she actually thought she had the accurate year. So now that this has happened, should she correct it in the application she is submitting now, with or without an explaination, or just not rock the boat. I have read here where people that are regular travellers are refused for inconsistencies. thank you.
What is the difference between this question and the previous one to which I spent time and energy giving answer to?
Com'on, don't void my efforts now...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
i.kjay:
justwise;please a friend is asking how can he apply for uk business visa...can you give me the load down on how to..thanks
Why not tell your "friend" about www.nairaland.com?
It would be cool to hear from her direct
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Geeluat(m): 11:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hello @ Justwise and VicJustice,

I want to visit the UK to buy stuffs (clothings and accessories mainly ), but the problem is I don't know the type of Visa to apply for and the documents needed.
Please help out

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.