Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,565 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980815 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
justwise:

If you gave them the right answer then you got nothing to worry about.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Leripa(m): 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
Asorock 1:

Thanks , it's an open forum, you can say whatever you wish.

^^^
bros, take it easy now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rhodaojieh(f): 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Goodday Fellow Naija people,i am new on this forum,and i also posted my story but did not get your views.,I earlier stated that i hard applied for Uk Tourist Visa,and hard been refused twice.The 1st application was made in March 2013 for 14 days,with all relevant documents,and the reason given for the refusal was that; i hard large sum which i failed to explain,and do not have family ties or dependant relative as to what will bring me back to my country.The large sum refered to was my annual bonus which was paid in January 2013,of about 500,and my salary of 83,000 for that month inclusive.My annual take home is 1.997000.I hard a sponsor who paid in 500 thousand to support my trip,with all necessary documents and a letter of support to back it up.I printed a bank statement of about 1.4million for submission.I appealed the refusal through a lawyer and i was asked to re-apply.
I made the 2nd application in September but was without a sponsor, and this time the reason given was my family ties,travel history,and the contribution am into with my colleague and also collected before i made the application was also an issue.i asked my colleagues involved in the contribution to pay into my account individually going by my lawyers instruction,who also stated that contribution scheme is recognised by the embassey.after everything it still boiled down to the same refusal.At this point am devastated,and really need your candide opinion on what next to do,and does this also have to do with the fact that i am single.Goodday Fellow Naija people,i am new on this forum,and i also posted my story but did not get your views.,I earlier stated that i hard applied for Uk Tourist Visa,and hard been refused twice.The 1st application was made in March 2013 for 14 days,with all relevant documents,and the reason given for the refusal was that; i hard large sum which i failed to explain,and do not have family ties or dependant relative as to what will bring me back to my country.The large sum refered to was my annual bonus which was paid in January 2013,of about 500,and my salary of 83,000 for that month inclusive.My annual take home is 1.997000.I hard a sponsor who paid in 500 thousand to support my trip,with all necessary documents and a letter of support to back it up.I printed a bank statement of about 1.4million for submission.I appealed the refusal through a lawyer and i was asked to re-apply.
I made the 2nd application in September but was without a sponsor, and this time the reason given was my family ties,travel history,and the contribution am into with my colleague and also collected before i made the application was also an issue.i asked my colleagues involved in the contribution to pay into my account individually going by my lawyers instruction,who also stated that contribution scheme is recognised by the embassey.after everything it still boiled down to the same refusal.At this point am devastated,and really need your candide opinion on what next to do,and does this also have to do with the fact that i am single.
Goodday Fellow Naija people,i am new on this forum,and i also posted my story but did not get your views.,I earlier stated that i hard applied for Uk Tourist Visa,and hard been refused twice.The 1st application was made in March 2013 for 14 days,with all relevant documents,and the reason given for the refusal was that; i hard large sum which i failed to explain,and do not have family ties or dependant relative as to what will bring me back to my country.The large sum refered to was my annual bonus which was paid in January 2013,of about 500,and my salary of 83,000 for that month inclusive.My annual take home is 1.997000.I hard a sponsor who paid in 500 thousand to support my trip,with all necessary documents and a letter of support to back it up.I printed a bank statement of about 1.4million for submission.I appealed the refusal through a lawyer and i was asked to re-apply.
I made the 2nd application in September but was without a sponsor, and this time the reason given was my family ties,travel history,and the contribution am into with my colleague and also collected before i made the application was also an issue.i asked my colleagues involved in the contribution to pay into my account individually going by my lawyers instruction,who also stated that contribution scheme is recognised by the embassey.after everything it still boiled down to the same refusal.At this point am devastated,and really need your candide opinion on what next to do,and does this also have to do with the fact that i am single.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dideoluayantund: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
Can some one please help: I have a British wife and daughter,was in the uk illegally,charged for driving without license and charged but did not attend court before returning to Niaja at my expense as advice by my lawyer.I once applied but did not have a proof for paternity so was refuse based on this reason and that of the pending charges.After the appeal the judge rules that the pending charges can not be use as reason for my exclusion.I am working presently and my wife does,my salary is well above the threshold.pls how do i deal with the pending charges and what are my chances.pls help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
dideoluayantund
Your story looks VERY familiar.
Have you posted it before under a different name?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hi, I applied for a 2 year visitor visa in Jamaica and I sent it got to the consular office on friday and yesterday I got an email saying my passport is ready for collection. It is on the way now to where I live but I am so scared to know the outcome. I have my doubts they gave me a visa. So my question is, Is it possible for the UK embassy to make a decision to give someone a visa within 2 days?
Thanks for the replies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
dideoluayantund: Can some one please help: I have a British wife and daughter,was in the uk illegally,charged for driving without license and charged but did not attend court before returning to Niaja at my expense as advice by my lawyer.I once applied but did not have a proof for paternity so was refuse based on this reason and that of the pending charges.After the appeal the judge rules that the pending charges can not be use as reason for my exclusion.I am working presently and my wife does,my salary is well above the threshold.pls how do i deal with the pending charges and what are my chances.pls help.
Apart from violating the immigration rules as well as tthe traffic rules, your main concern should be the "jumpingx"of a court date and subsequently absconding. This is a s is a very serious criminal matter, and you must have been coconvicted of the charges and the conviction must have been worsened by your failure to attend the hearing, and therefore, an arrest warrant must have been issued against you. This means that you are liable to be arrested (even) at the port of entry and you won't be eligible for a bail until you do the time or you are discharged and acquitted.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daysoffavor: 9:51am On Nov 14, 2013
hello...please I would like to know what my chances of getting a British visa is..I applied 3 times last year and was refused a visa..between that time and now I have travelled to Istanbul Turkey 3 times and also Dubai...Just renewed my Turkish multiple entry.....Does my travel history put me in a better position? or should I just forget about ever getting a British visa?
my bank statement has lump sums ( 2 million and upwards) deposited in it almost on a daily basis....is that a problem?
the basis for refusals last year was financial..even tho I used my savings account which had over a million naira...I am a trader so my income is not structured with pay slips and all..any advise would be very appreciated.
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dideoluayantund: 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
@ worry am very new on this website and its my first posting.Thanks for the info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
@ Funkybaby
Mum's passport was delivered by UPS with 6month visiting Visa today, it was issued on Tuesday, the same day that she had the interview.
Thank you so much for your help and support.
Can't wait for her to witness her grandson's first christmas and visit us in sunny scotland.

funkybaby:

okay.

all the best. let us know the outcome of the interview

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BnBarbie(f): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2013
Tfree: @ Funkybaby
Mum's passport was delivered by UPS with 6month visiting Visa today, it was issued on Tuesday, the same day that she had the interview.
Can't wait for her to witness her grandson's first christmas and visit us in sunny scotland.

Awwww. Nice. Congrats.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by APFM(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
funkybaby:

no, its not. myself and many people i know have done this several times successfully even for applications within the UK.

what matters is the closing balance on your bank statement and the genuinity of your bank statement.

if UKBA is to verify, what they confirm with the bank is whatever balance is on the bank statement that you've submitted.

do remember that applications are considered holistically.

you could leave 5m in your bank account for one year and still get a refusal and you could apply with less than 1m deposited within 6months or less and still get an approval

Nice,I applied for UK visa with my wife with almost 800k in it and also without payslip but my salary wasn't fixed,I was given with my wife and I applied after 6mnths with just 180k as balance including my son,we were given multiple visa entry.

Your balance doesn't determine ur visa bt ur authenticity of ur travelling.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
APFM:

Nice,I applied for UK visa with my wife with almost 800k in it and also without payslip but my salary wasn't fixed,I was given with my wife and I applied after 6mnths with just 180k as balance including my son,we were given multiple visa entry.

Really?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pls can u advice me, my wife uk visa was refuse on two occassion the reason for refusing the last application the ECO stated on the letter of refusal that british embasy was unable to verify the letter from delta state university where she current study, therefore basic on the balance of probibility the ECO said she/he is not satify on her current circustance in nigeria. The reason why they have not be able to verfy this is because of the ASUU strike. However, my lawyer has taking the embassy to court basic on human right actle 8 which state the right to famil ly life and on the basic that my wife has a british husband and british son in uk she need to maintain contact with till she finished her study and apply for settlement visa. I have got The following document from nigeria newspaper that talk about the ASUU strike and newspaper that also talk about delta state university about the strike. I will be prsenting this newspaper as an evidence in court and other document printed from the internet as evidence. I have also inform my MP(member of palarment ) about the refuse the MP had also written to inform the home office(UKBA) the reason why they were unable to verify the letter was due to the strike in nigeria about this . Pls advice if i stand a chance of wining in court.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
nickson03: Pls can u advice me, my wife uk visa was refuse on two occassion the reason for refusing the last application the ECO stated on the letter of refusal that british embasy was unable to verify the letter from delta state university where she current study, therefore basic on the balance of probibility the ECO said she/he is not satify on her current circustance in nigeria. The reason why they have not be able to verfy this is because of the ASUU strike. However, my lawyer has taking the embassy to court basic on human right actle 8 which state the right to famil ly life and on the basic that my wife has a british husband and british son in uk she need to maintain contact with till she finished her study and apply for settlement visa. I have got The following document from nigeria newspaper that talk about the ASUU strike and newspaper that also talk about delta state university about the strike. I will be prsenting this newspaper as an evidence in court and other document printed from the internet as evidence. I have also inform my MP(member of palarment ) about the refuse the MP had also written to inform the home office(UKBA) the reason why they were unable to verify the letter was due to the strike in nigeria about this . Pls advice if i stand a chance of wining in court.

Are you appealing the refusal in tribunal hearing in the UK or taking the BHC to court in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
Tfree: @ Funkybaby

Fantastic news! Congrats smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 1:05am On Nov 16, 2013
Yes i am appealing the refusal in tribunal hearing in uk(london) pls do i stand the chance of wining in intribunal court with all the evidence i have measured? Pls advice me if there are other document i need to take to court or do you know of other documents i need to present on the court day?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2013
pls who has applied for a uk settlement visa recently and gotten it...how long did it take you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Greetings everyone i need a little clarification on this , I already filled the UK form, and submitted online, but not sure if i got this;
At the place on the form where they asked" how much money is available for your visit", I stated 1300 pounds

Now the second part how much is the cost to you personally for your stay in UK.
I stated 700 pounds, i just removed the budgeted flight money from 1300 pounds. I don't know if this is right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizbee: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2013
hello everyone Pls I am applying for a four months course starting in March 2014 in the uk, london precisely and I already contacted the school. I was told that I will pay a 50% deposit which is non refundable and will be sent a confirmation letter and can apply for a student visitor visa as soon as I get the letter. My concern now is that I am self employed just started recently and my parent are my sponsors, Pls do I have any chances of been given a visa and how do I go about the documents needed since am self employed. And Pls how long does it take to get a student visitor visa.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2013
nickson03: Yes i am appealing the refusal in tribunal hearing in uk(london) pls do i stand the chance of wining in intribunal court with all the evidence i have measured? Pls advice me if there are other document i need to take to court or do you know of other documents i need to present on the court day?

If the only reason for the refusal was that they were unable to contact her university then your chances of winning it is brighter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2013
Asorock 1: Greetings everyone i need a little clarification on this , I already filled the UK form, and submitted online, but not sure if i got this;
At the place on the form where they asked" how much money is available for your visit", I stated 1300 pounds

Now the second part how much is the cost to you personally for your stay in UK.
I stated 700 pounds, i just removed the budgeted flight money from 1300 pounds. I don't know if this is right

Make a mini-budget of that trip showing how that 700 pounds will fund the trip, stating 700 is not good enough, you need to break it down to show that actually 700 pound will be good enough for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:44am On Nov 17, 2013
mizbee: hello everyone Pls I am applying for a four months course starting in March 2014 in the uk, london precisely and I already contacted the school. I was told that I will pay a 50% deposit which is non refundable and will be sent a confirmation letter and can apply for a student visitor visa as soon as I get the letter. My concern now is that I am self employed just started recently and my parent are my sponsors, Pls do I have any chances of been given a visa and how do I go about the documents needed since am self employed. And Pls how long does it take to get a student visitor visa.
Thank you.

This link will help you a great deal http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daysoffavor: 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
hello Just wise,
> >I read all the responses that you post on naira land and see that you are really well informed about the British embassy and their visa application process...I need your advise...
> >I applied to the British embassy and was rejected 3 times(in the space of 6 weeks) last year....I wanted to use the British visa for easy entry into Istanbul...after the 3 refusals I gave up and applied directly to the Turkish embassy..I have since travelled to Istanbul 3 times between last year and this year and went to Dubai as well this year.
> >I would really like to visit the UK...
> >do you think I might stand a better chance this time due to my travel history...and also the bank statements I have has lump sums deposited in it almost on a daily basis...its a trading account.. minimum deposit is BTW 2 million and 3 million almost on a daily basis....I have ran the account to the tune of 234million cummulative.....
> >the grounds for refusal back then was always financial consideration.,however I applied back then with my personal accounts that had a little above 1 million naira saved.,of course am a business person so I don't have a structures pattern of income.
> >what are the pitfalls you think I need to avoid now.
> >quite a
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
daysoffavor: hello...please I would like to know what my chances of getting a British visa is..I applied 3 times last year and was refused a visa..between that time and now I have travelled to Istanbul Turkey 3 times and also Dubai...Just renewed my Turkish multiple entry.....Does my travel history put me in a better position? or should I just forget about ever getting a British visa?
my bank statement has lump sums ( 2 million and upwards) deposited in it almost on a daily basis....is that a problem?
the basis for refusals last year was financial..even tho I used my savings account which had over a million naira...I am a trader so my income is not structured with pay slips and all..any advise would be very appreciated.
thanks

That is where your problem lies, with such huge amount of money in your account you need a structured financial statement showing source of that money with paper evidence, just written explanation is not good enough. You also need to include your tax certificate to your visa application package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Make a mini-budget of that trip showing how that 700 pounds will fund the trip, stating 700 is not good enough, you need to break it down to show that actually 700 pound will be good enough for the trip.

Just thanks for the reply, I hope you understand what I mean by the question , on the form there i stated that i budgeted 1300, then the second part asked HOW MUCH WILL THE TRIP COST YOU PERSONALLY IN UK. I got confused thinking maybe the question means how much I will spend when I get to UK, so I just removed the budgeted flight ticket money which is 600 pounds from 1300 and arrived at 700( hotel, feeding, inbound transport, shopping )

So now do I also state that the amount it will cost me personally for my stay in UK to be same 1300 pounds

Since i have submitted the form already online do i fill out another one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
Asorock 1:

Just thanks for the reply, I hope you understand what I mean by the question , on the form there i stated that i budgeted 1300, then the second part asked HOW MUCH WILL THE TRIP COST YOU PERSONALLY IN UK. I got confused thinking maybe the question means how much I will spend when I get to UK, so I just removed the budgeted flight ticket money which is 600 pounds from 1300 and arrived at 700( hotel, feeding, inbound transport, shopping )

So now do I also state that the amount it will cost me personally for my stay in UK to be same 1300 pounds

Since i have submitted the form already online do i fill out another one

There is no confusion in that question, it basically means: 'how much will the trip cost you' and flight ticket is part of the cost.

If you have 1300 in your bank account it will be a mistake to budget the whole money for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daysoffavor: 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
@just wise..thanks for the reply however the huge sums are in my business account(corporate)..its a trading account, we sell wholesale hence the huge sums...however my personal account..I have sales receipt to prove the sources of each lodgement.its always customers paying in or the end of day sales....and when you say Tax documents..which one should I include...my personal income tax clearance or that of the business.
if I understand you properly my travel history counts in this case regardless of the fact that I have 5 visas on my passport. thanks waiting for your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
daysoffavor: @just wise..thanks for the reply however the huge sums are in my business account(corporate)..its a trading account, we sell wholesale hence the huge sums...however my personal account..I have sales receipt to prove the sources of each lodgement.its always customers paying in or the end of day sales....and when you say Tax documents..which one should I include...my personal income tax clearance or that of the business.
if I understand you properly my travel history counts in this case regardless of the fact that I have 5 visas on my passport. thanks waiting for your reply

You need to present those documents( sales receipts, tax documents..both personal and business tax clearance) that will make the huge amount seen in your bank account much clearer picture
Yes your travel history matters but first you need to meet the visa requirements of the country you are applying to visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Asorock1: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
justwise:

There is no confusion in that question, it basically means: 'how much will the trip cost you' and flight ticket is part of the cost.

If you have 1300 in your bank account it will be a mistake to budget the whole money for the trip.

Thanks justwise once again
I have 1.1m naira on the statement of account and have budgeted 1300 pounds for the trip.
Now from your reply it means i have to refill the form right And state at the places asked

1.) How much money have you for the visit
Answer: 1300 pounds

2.) how much will the trip cost you personally in UK
answer: 1300 pounds

Hope this is how It should be right and at the additional information i will break it down
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
APFM:

Li o ba tan o !!!
Funke,abi ki ni mo so!!!
It is well.
Have a happy weekend

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.