Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986360 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
[quote author=propofol]
well when i applied for my uk visa i did not put in any council tax payment and i was successful. it is not so much about submitting all these numerous document but one must just be straoght forward and honest. thats it. [/q

My husband told the bank to split his salary when it gets to the bank, ie he told them to always take 1,000pounds from his savings account and put it in his current account i hope there is no problem as long as he presents bank statements for both accounts and payslips to show payments
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
I have a brother who can give me a visit to UK me & my daughter. But my salary acct. is not loaded because I earn 35k/per I've nothing left in the acct. But i will like to plan to travel with my daughter on my next year leave. Since he promise to invite me. How can I boost my acct. and also many supporting document to provide from my end here.
pls I need ur help to put me through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Phemmyrans: 5:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
justwise, i am grateful for your response,,keep it up..but i wanna ask,why is the processing takes so long,what is the verification process,how many people works on asingle application before judgment is been passed,who passed judgment? hope to read from you asap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyjay: 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
Vicjustice thanks,

1. u see the thing is am so attached to my son and reluctant to leave him behinde.if my husband is able to adopt him,will it make the whole process less complicated and will the visa be granted us.(i have made inquiries about adoption and it can be done legaly in line with d hague convention,without d biological father, if he is not in the picture).

2. Can i apply for family visit visa with my son to visit my husband and come back?can my husband be our sponsor for that category? what are our chances then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by maninmood(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
@Justwise, vicjustice, others:

I would like to make an inquiry regarding 3 important things. I would appreciate your timely reply.

1. I am on the verge of transferring 5,000pounds out of the 10450pounds tuition fees. I am currently out of Nigeria at the moment. I have a friend (He's not my sponsor) that owns a Euro domiciliary account, and I have asked him to transfer the money for me. The question is, is the step OK? Or does it contradict any of UKBA rules?

2. Can I apply for the student visa online? Is this the right link? http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx

3. Is there any photographer at Ikeja visa application center? Reasons: I do not want to make any mistake regarding the regulations behind the passport photograph.

I will be grateful if this could be proferred with good response. Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
Haba,
justwise, guys...My question.
What y'all think?

I'd write it out again......

Right, guys, have an enquiry to make here.
Trying to advice a mate of mine, but I'm not sure of what advice or answer to give him, with regard this. His questions are the (*) (for quick read)

He is an overstayer, he has a british girlfriend, he deffo loves, from what we can see. Waay more than Kitty whipped 2bh.
Anyway, we've all asked him, why not marry his gf instead. They've been 2gether, at least 5yrs. Anyway, he says, he doesn't want to risk leaving the country. So, now it seems the gf actually wants this and its become more than a case of sorting his "papers" out.

*Now, after much research, he asks, what could happen to his degree if he applies for a spouse visa in Nige and he uses it to prove he's exempt from the english language requirements? Could it get seized or discredited if he submits it with his app?
I said, he could always use a certified copy. (Am I right here? Think I am).

*Also, he says he has received, P60s in the past, which means he has worked. How? Haven't asked. But, can the home office consult with other govt. bodies to actually find out about this?

Based on research we've done, and based on what he has told us, it seems paragraph 320(11) is the worry here.

So, what y'all think? Did we also do a good job by preventing him frm paying money to lawyers when the internet is available?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Vergil: Haba,
justwise, guys...My question.
What y'all think?

I'd write it out again......

Right, guys, have an enquiry to make here.
Trying to advice a mate of mine, but I'm not sure of what advice or answer to give him, with regard this. His questions are the (*) (for quick read)

He is an overstayer, he has a british girlfriend, he deffo loves, from what we can see. Waay more than Kitty whipped 2bh.
Anyway, we've all asked him, why not marry his gf instead. They've been 2gether, at least 5yrs. Anyway, he says, he doesn't want to risk leaving the country. So, now it seems the gf actually wants this and its become more than a case of sorting his "papers" out.

*Now, after much research, he asks, what could happen to his degree if he applies for a spouse visa in Nige and he uses it to prove he's exempt from the english language requirements? Could it get seized or discredited if he submits it with his app?
I said, he could always use a certified copy. (Am I right here? Think I am).

*Also, he says he has received, P60s in the past, which means he has worked. How? Haven't asked. But, can the home office consult with other govt. bodies to actually find out about this?

Based on research we've done, and based on what he has told us, it seems paragraph 320(11) is the worry here.

So, what y'all think? Did we also do a good job by preventing him frm paying money to lawyers when the internet is available?

Your friend has two choices . . .go back to Nigeria and get married to his gf or live in the UK for 14yrs before applying for a stay.

As for the issue of HomeOffice finding out if he works, of course they can if they want to, that wouldn't be a problem to them. He can waste his money paying a lawyer, after many years of appeals he will beg to be deported.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:01am On Jun 27, 2012
Phemmyrans: justwise, i am grateful for your response,,keep it up..but i wanna ask,why is the processing takes so long,what is the verification process,how many people works on asingle application before judgment is been passed,who passed judgment? hope to read from you asap

Summer time is always a busy time for UK visa, they receive 100s if not thousands of visa applications, the ECO makes the decision whether you should be issued a visa or not. They can verify your application by calling your invitee or your sponsor if there is need for that.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 11:12am On Jun 27, 2012
My husband is my sponsor and he told the bank to split his salary when it gets to the bank, ie he told them to always take 1,000pounds from his savings account and put it in his current account i hope there is no problem as long as he presents bank statements for both accounts and payslips to show payments
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2012
Good day all, i have been getting responses but not satisfactory enough, so i will state my case again and i would really appreciate your advice

i work as a receptionist and i earn 45k monthly and have 500,000naira and i am entitled to 2 weeks paid leave. My husband is british and has about 6,000 pounds in his savings to sponsor me for a 6 months visit. My question is

Is it ok for me stay for 5 months in the uk and state in my application form that i will stay for two weeks so that will correlate with my leave letter

Do i stand a good chance of getting the visa, (no kids to show family ties)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2012
And pls must my bank statement only reflect my salary coming in? Can i put in money i get from my husband and show western union receipts as proof.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by maninmood(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
maninmood: @Justwise, vicjustice, others:

I would like to make an inquiry regarding 3 important things. I would appreciate your timely reply.

1. I am on the verge of transferring 5,000pounds out of the 10450pounds tuition fees. I am currently out of Nigeria at the moment. I have a friend (He's not my sponsor) that owns a Euro domiciliary account, and I have asked him to transfer the money for me. The question is, is the step OK? Or does it contradict any of UKBA rules?

2. Can I apply for the student visa online? Is this the right link? http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx

3. Is there any photographer at Ikeja visa application center? Reasons: I do not want to make any mistake regarding the regulations behind the passport photograph.

I will be grateful if this could be proferred with good response. Thank you so much.

Justwise, vicjustive, please review these questions. Thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
philipin7: And pls must my bank statement only reflect my salary coming in? Can i put in money i get from my husband and show western union receipts as proof.

Yes you can do that, its a good idea
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
maninmood: @Justwise, vicjustice, others:

Account building is not a good idea, though the ECO will not ask you to proof the source of your income when it comes to student visa, but you really really need that money when you get to the UK, i can't stress that point enough, you will find it difficult to survive in the UK without all your fees.

I'm not sure about online visa application as i never used one before, people who applied recently will advice you on that.

The same goes with the photo issue, please let those who just applied help with the issue of photo and method of application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
justwise:

Your friend has two choices . . .go back to Nigeria and get married to his gf or live in the UK for 14yrs before applying for a stay.

As for the issue of HomeOffice finding out if he works, of course they can if they want to, that wouldn't be a problem to them. He can waste his money paying a lawyer, after many years of appeals he will beg to be deported.

Yh, its what we saying, instead of staying. It's how they would find out, we trying to decipher. So, if they ask, he might as well say? (Obviously, he should say the truth). But that makes him dangle close to 320 (11), doesn't it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
Good day all, i stil didn't get a response, so i will state my case again and i would really appreciate your advice

i work as a receptionist and i earn 45k monthly and have 500,000naira and i am entitled to 2 weeks paid leave. My husband is british and has about 6,000 pounds in his savings to sponsor me for a 6 months visit. My question is

Is it ok for me stay for 5 months in the uk and state in my application form that i will stay for two weeks so that will correlate with my leave letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyjay: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
vicjustice,pls dont get tired of answering my questions,i need to exhaust and weigh all my options.can u pls tackle the questions below.thanks and Godbless.

ifyjay: Vicjustice thanks,

1. u see the thing is am so attached to my son and reluctant to leave him behinde.if my husband is able to adopt him,will it make the whole process less complicated and will the visa be granted us.(i have made inquiries about adoption and it can be done legaly in line with d hague convention,without d biological father, if he is not in the picture).

2. Can i apply for family visit visa with my son to visit my husband and come back?can my husband be our sponsor for that category? what are our chances then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
philipin7: Good day all, i stil didn't get a response, so i will state my case again and i would really appreciate your advice

The standard UK visit visa is 6 months, and you can remain the the UK with it for that long provided there is no "Duration Of Stay" Remark in the visa. For example, a visa could be valid for 6 months but the Visa Officer reserves the power to enter a "Remark" that will bind your admission into the UK or your stay within it under certain conditions ie:
Issuing Date: 27/06/2012
Expiring Date: 26/12/2012
Duration of stay: 15 days;
and there may be a remark stating
"Not allowed to remain in the UK for longer than 15 days"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2012
ifyjay: Vicjustice thanks,

I have accessed your circumstances with that of your Husband, and i have taken your Son into consideration and have therefore given you my recommendations and advice, but you have a suggestion of your own and you want to have it as it pleases you, what else can i say?

ifyjay:

Yes, you can apply for any visa of any category, and your husband can be your sponsor, but like i explained to you earlier, since you are applying for a visit visa, you will need to meet the requirement for such: have you sorted out how to satisfy the ECO that you have somewhat to return to Nigeria for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
[quote author=Vicjustice]The standard UK visit visa is 6 months, and you can remain the the UK with it for that long provided there is no "Duration Of Stay" Remark in the visa. For example, a visa could be valid for 6 months but the Visa Officer reserves the power to enter a "Remark" that will bind your admission into the UK or your stay within it under certain conditions ie:
Issuing Date: 27/06/2012
Expiring Date: 26/12/2012
Duration of stay: 15 days;
and there may be a remark stating
"[i][color=#990000]Not allowed to remain in the UK for longer than 15 days

Thanks for your advice but looking at my circumstance you didn't state if i stand a good chance of getting a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
What is the exact amount one can have in account to travel to Uk with her baby? House pls tell me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shooqueen(f): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2012
Help, yet again! You may remember my husband’s visa refusal because his biometric details (fingerprints) had been linked to someone else’s name. Well having contacted the police in the fingerprint department the data protection unit various solicitors and my local MP we finally got somewhere. My MP forwarded this email:

**Thank you for your email of 6 June on behalf of Mr XXXXXXX about his entry clearance and his biometric details.

The Entry Clearance Manager has confirmed that the incorrect report has been linked to Mr XXXXXXX application and quoted in the refusal notice. This error has been rectified and the application will require reconsideration.

The Entry Clearance Officer will contact the applicant today, or as soon as possible, to acknowledge the error and in order for him to present the required documents needed to re-assess the application.**

This letter was dated 13th June and we still have heard nothing, on the 21st June I contacted my MP again still no-one has been in touch they have my husband’s address, email and telephone number can anyone tell me how long it will take?

If we thought it was going to be this long we could have just made a fresh application 2 weeks ago!
Does anyone have Mr Jason Ivory’s email address? Maybe contacting him directly will have more of an effect
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 10:58am On Jun 28, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
First, did your husband at any point in time have anything to do with the West midlands police? If yes, then He needs to start the clean up from there. If you appeal, the Judge will look at the facts presented by you& your husband and the HO Solicitors. Knowing how despicable the HO Solicitors are in their attempt to convince judges even with outright falsehood, then your best chance of winning to to get the miss-up (if any) by West midlands police cleared otherwise the Judge will rule on the evidence of facts before him or her!

I am sorry your case is one of the fears people expressed about UKBA/HO's ability to handle biometric data and many more people are already having their finger print mixed up without them knowing!

What! God i hope that doesn't happen to me, In fact it will not in Jesus name. This one na serious matter o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
Pls can someone explain to me why it is asked in the visa application form if one gets financial assistance from relatives and they also request in the form for us to state the frequency at which thess financial assistance received.

I think this is a trick question and i want to be careful with what i fill in there.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
@justwise.......i mean am applyin 4 a visit visa....i ave a store which has been registered,,an Acc wiff a bal of 2+million,,& mai cousin iss sendin me an invitation letter!! §ø what oda document dooo i gt 4 mysef..........oda pple opinion matters
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
na wa o no response, ok i'll keep on asking.

Pls in the application form where it is asked "How much is available for your trip" what do i fill.

My husband is taking care of all expenses, so are they asking for how much is available for my flight fare or for the whole duration of my stay.

if the question is refered to how much is available for flight fare expenses, do i just fill in how much my husband will send thru western union and then i present the western union receipt to defend this claim.

Pls naaaaa, i beg u assist me i have been trying to figure out what this means.

Thanks

If the question is refered to the whole duration of my stay, do i just
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2012
philipin7: Pls can someone explain to me why it is asked in the visa application form if one gets financial assistance from relatives and they also request in the form for us to state the frequency at which thess financial assistance received.

I think this is a trick question and i want to be careful with what i fill in there.

Thanks
Yes, that question is tricky and could be a trap depending on circumstances. Though there is nothing wrong to receive financial assistance, but if you are an adult and you are applying for a visa as an independent person, then be wise enough not to say that you receive financial assistance from anyone otherwise, your overall financial stance is in question and you would need a whole lot of explanations to give; and your application is jeopardised.
But if you are applying for a visa as a dependant, then, it may be OK to state that you do receive financial assistance via money transfer.
Either way, stating that you do receive financial help is more likely to raise more questions which might also lead to further investigation even on the person that you claim is sending you the money (that is if s/he is in the UK). Yet, it could be an advantage if you are totally or partially under the care or responsibility of the person who you claim is sending you the money: such person could be your Spouse (if you are an adult) or your Parents/Relative (if you are a minor). It depends on circumstances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
philipin7: na wa o no response, ok i'll keep on asking.

Pls in the application form where it is asked "How much is available for your trip" what do i fill.
Do you really think anyone in Nairaland knows how much is available for your trip?

philipin7:
My husband is taking care of all expenses, so are they asking for how much is available for my flight fare or for the whole duration of my stay.
Both your flight fare and the money available for the entire duration of your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lucio2012: 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
hello house. pls i want to renew my u.k visa which expired 2009 and it was a 2yrs visa, can i go straight and apply for a 5yrs visa? considering the fact dat my e passport expires next year february? and since my visa expired 3yrs ago. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shooqueen(f): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2012
shooqueen: Help, yet again! You may remember my husband’s visa refusal because his biometric details (fingerprints) had been linked to someone else’s name. Well having contacted the police in the fingerprint department the data protection unit various solicitors and my local MP we finally got somewhere. My MP forwarded this email:

**Thank you for your email of 6 June on behalf of Mr XXXXXXX about his entry clearance and his biometric details.

The Entry Clearance Manager has confirmed that the incorrect report has been linked to Mr XXXXXXX application and quoted in the refusal notice. This error has been rectified and the application will require reconsideration.

The Entry Clearance Officer will contact the applicant today, or as soon as possible, to acknowledge the error and in order for him to present the required documents needed to re-assess the application.**

This letter was dated 13th June and we still have heard nothing, on the 21st June I contacted my MP again still no-one has been in touch they have my husband’s address, email and telephone number can anyone tell me how long it will take?

If we thought it was going to be this long we could have just made a fresh application 2 weeks ago!
Does anyone have Mr Jason Ivory’s email address? Maybe contacting him directly will have more of an effect

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2012
lucio2012: hello house. pls i want to renew my u.k visa which expired 2009 and it was a 2yrs visa, can i go straight and apply for a 5yrs visa? considering the fact dat my e passport expires next year february? and since my visa expired 3yrs ago. thanks

Renew your passport and apply for 2yrs visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.