Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,184 members, 7,860,254 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986977 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
NB; You stand a better chance going for the spouse visa or at least the family visit visa like justwise has stated.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tiebe: 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
I don't know if i should open a new thread for this or if its ok for me to just ask this here. there are some countries that one can visit using UK visa. they are called British tourist territories or so. I'd just like to know if one has to do anything special to go there apart from getting the uk visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
Thanks i will make sure i get a letter from my office.

Also i registered for IELTS English test, and it comes in two modules Academic and General Test, which is applicable for spouse visa, i saw on the website "Academic and General Test" for IELTS. Do i do both or just General test? I figured i'll need this for my settlement visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vicjustice: The 10 years ban regulation might not have been in place in 2007 so you were not banned then, but you will get the ban when you apply again as long as the period between the time that you committed that fraud and the time that you are making reapplication is within 10 years: so, the misrepresentation and the false documents will definitely count against you. Your matter is complicated, it would be an uphill struggle to get a UK Tourist/Visit visa with the record against you

So what kind of Visa would be appropriate to apply for. I would not want to apply if my chances are slim.
Your suggestion is appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
hailolive:
So what kind of Visa would be appropriate to apply for. I would not want to apply if my chances are slim.
Your suggestion is appreciated
Well, i know it hurts to be in this situation, but the reality is, you are allowed to apply for a visa as many times as you wish, but you can't get a visa of any category when under a ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vicjustice: Well, i know it hurts to be in this situation, but the reality is, you are allowed to apply for a visa as many times as you wish, but you can't get a visa of any category when under a ban

Of any category? i heard it doesnt affect Student Visa or settlement.

It doesnt hurt. It only sheds light
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
hailolive:

Thanks anyways. I appreciate the info and you taking your time to respond.. Good public relation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
hailolive:

it affects student visa big time, but if you are married to a British or EU citizen and apply for spouse visa then you stand a chance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
justwise:
it affects student visa big time, but if you are married to a British or EU citizen and apply for spouse visa then you stand a chance.

Alright. Many Thanks

LAstly. Would i be able to apply for a family visit visa or only spouse visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tiebe: 7:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
ti-ebe:
I don't know if i should open a new thread for this or if its ok for me to just ask this here. there are some countries that one can visit using UK visa. they are called British tourist territories or so. I'd just like to know if one has to do anything special to go there apart from getting the uk visa.

well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2012
hailolive:

Alright. Many Thanks

LAstly. Would i be able to apply for a family visit visa or only spouse visa

If you are under 10yrs ban and apply for family visiting visa you will be refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Phemmyrans: 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
justwise,Good afternoon in here, i am just signing in here newly, pls,i need an advise on my Uk visa application, i have submitted 2weeks now,just today is the 10th working days,i do track it everyday,but the response is that it has been forwarded to BHC, they havent contact my friend who is inviting me,also my office,pls,what could cause that,advise me on what to do,my leave starts on july 5.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
Phemmyrans: justwise,Good afternoon in here, i am just signing in here newly, pls,i need an advise on my Uk visa application, i have submitted 2weeks now,just today is the 10th working days,i do track it everyday,but the response is that it has been forwarded to BHC, they havent contact my friend who is inviting me,also my office,pls,what could cause that,advise me on what to do,my leave starts on july 5.

They don't need to contact your friend or your company, they only do that if your application looks suspicious.
Some people get their visa after 3wks, some a month, so its still too early to start worrying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dilahel: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2012
You guys are doing a fantastic job here. After reading through the thread I did learn a lot about filling the uk visa application and I got my visa yesterday,after been denial a visa in 2010. I want to say a big thank you to Justwise who replied me when I asked for help. This is a tip to those who are going to visit a family member in the uk but staying in a hotel, do fill the general visit form and not the family visit form, I made the same mistake when filling my application and wasted close to an hour and half because of that mistake at the visa application centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
dilahel: You guys are doing a fantastic job here. After reading through the thread I did learn a lot about filling the uk visa application and I got my visa yesterday,after been denial a visa in 2010. I want to say a big thank you to Justwise who replied me when I asked for help. This is a tip to those who are going to visit a family member in the uk but staying in a hotel, do fill the general visit form and not the family visit form, I made the same mistake when filling my application and wasted close to an hour and half because of that mistake at the visa application centre.

Congratulations, enjoy ur trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyjay: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
@justwise,vicjustice and Adebyte,u are doing a great job.this is my first post here and its quite impressive.with guys like u we dont need travel agents.Assist me with this pls;i applied for a gen visitors visa in july 2011,i used my fiance's(not officialy)mum's biodata,utility bill and invitatn letter,we thought we had a better chance because shes elderly and we were not married.my bros in nig was my sponsor with his biodata,s/ment of acc and letter to the embassy.we were denied anyway.My man came to nigeria in dec of the same year and we got married.(he is a british citizen and lectures in one of the universities in uk).Meanwhile the eco cited in the letter of refusal that on a balance of proabilities,my economic circumstances were not as stated,i had no payslip.there was disparity in d s/ment of acc i submited and what i stated in the form as my earnings.this is because i am self employed and some of my earnings do not pass through my acc.i wanted to be as honest as possible in my application.i have since then gotten employment in a company,though my pay is not up to 100k,i still do some jobs on the side.I must mention i have a son from a previous marriage whom my husband intends to adopt.What are all the options my son and i have in joining my husband in the uk.?is my s/ment of acc still relevant to our application now that i am married?does my husband need to adopt my son in order for our application to be granted?do i need a letter from my employer,payslips,leave letter,employment letter and all the works?Pls ur kind response will be appreciated.Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
ifyjay: @justwise,vicjustice and Adebyte,u are doing a great job.this is my first post here and its quite impressive.with guys like u we dont need travel agents.Assist me with this pls;i applied for a gen visitors visa in july 2011,i used my fiance's(not officialy)mum's biodata,utility bill and invitatn letter,we thought we had a better chance because shes elderly and we were not married.my bros in nig was my sponsor with his biodata,s/ment of acc and letter to the embassy.we were denied anyway.
What do you mean, you used your Fiance's mum biodata? Please, explain.

ifyjay: My man came to nigeria in dec of the same year and we got married.(he is a british citizen and lectures in one of the universities in uk).Meanwhile the eco cited in the letter of refusal that on a balance of proabilities,my economic circumstances were not as stated,i had no payslip.there was disparity in d s/ment of acc i submited and what i stated in the form as my earnings.this is because i am self employed and some of my earnings do not pass through my acc.i wanted to be as honest as possible in my application.
You obviously did not meet the requirements to qualify you for the visa sought; but why was there the disparity, was the documents tempered or you gave misleading information regarding your financial circumstances?

ifyjay: i have since then gotten employment in a company,though my pay is not up to 100k,i still do some jobs on the side.
This change of circumstance regarding your employment does matter if you are applying for a Tourist/Visit visa: know that only your employment is what counts, but your self occupation is irrelevant since it is undocumented and therefore, it would be considered illegal in European perspective.

ifyjay: I must mention i have a son from a previous marriage whom my husband intends to adopt.What are all the options my son and i have in joining my husband in the uk.?
I would have recommended that your husband adopts the child now? but how can that happen without the child's biological father?
Adopting a child is one thing, but being eligible for migration is another so, the age of your son matters: I am in Ireland and here, a child over 16 is ineligible for dependant visa (i'm not sure of age limit in the UK).

ifyjay: is my s/ment of acc still relevant to our application now that i am married?
It is not because you are "now married" that your bank statement is not required of you, it will be required if you are applying for Tourist/Visit visa. But if you are applying for Spouse visa, then, your financial circumstances is irrelevant except your husband is not capable of being your sponsor

ifyjay: does my husband need to adopt my son in order for our application to be granted?
It depends on the category of visa that you and your Son are applying for, and your applications can be considered individually; and it may take ages to get through with the application if you are applying for a Family Reunion: but if i were you, i'd apply for spouse visa alone, and then (whilst in the UK) I will file an application for our child to come and join us.

ifyjay: do i need a letter from my employer,payslips,leave letter,employment letter and all the works?Pls ur kind response will be appreciated.Thanks in advance
What has a letter from your employer got to do with you migrating to Join your husband?
These may be necessary if you are applying for a visa to Visit the UK, but if you are applying for a visa to Join your husband, and if your husband has the capability of being your sponsor, then you don't need these measures.

Note that your application may be hindered if you were once caught attempting to obtain the UK visa by means of deception ie using fraudulent or tampered documents in previous application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyjay: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
thanks vicjustice for your prompt response.
1.My fiances mum sent me an invitation letter,she was the friend i was going to visit,so she also sent the biodata page of her passport and utility bill as required.
2.the document was not tampered with.some earnings i receive in cash,i spend before it gets to my account.when i filled the visa form i stated i earn between 70-150k,which is d truth.but most of the time it doesnt all get to my account,so the account s/ment was a bit different.so the disparity.
3.i didnt even know my self occupation was irrelevant.
4.right now my husband cannot afford the fees for spousal visa,but we need to be together in the same space.we have been apart for almost 6mths,its tough.
5.my son is 10,so he is still under dependancy status.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:08am On Jun 25, 2012
ifyjay: thanks vicjustice for your prompt response.
1.My fiances mum sent me an invitation letter,she was the friend i was going to visit,so she also sent the biodata page of her passport and utility bill as required.
I got it, anyway, it's needless to comment on it since this particular application had been decided and is closed

ifyjay:
2.the document was not tampered with.some earnings i receive in cash,i spend before it gets to my account.when i filled the visa form i stated i earn between 70-150k,which is d truth.but most of the time it doesnt all get to my account,so the account s/ment was a bit different.so the disparity.
The detail of your financial circumstance does not conform with the required standard, but it's a good thing that your presented your documents as they were, otherwise, you would have regretted the consequences. Read more at: https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

ifyjay:
3.i didnt even know my self occupation was irrelevant.
Yes, it was not relevant for visa application since it is undocumented; but it could be a relevant or a valid issue to be used against you since it would be seen as corruption on your side

ifyjay:
4.right now my husband cannot afford the fees for spousal visa,but we need to be together in the same space.we have been apart for almost 6mths,its tough.
How about making haste to apply for a Spouse visa before the new regulation takes effect on the 9th of July?
I would recommend this action so that your application may be treated in this current regulation even if it gets denied, you can also appeal it and it will still be bounded by the regulation of the time of application.
Know that if you are applying for a Visit visa, your application will be treated as such without the entitlement of your spouse rights, you will be required to meet the requirement which must involve the presentation of credible and viable bank statement of account and you must have solid reasons or obligation to return to Nigeria for.

ifyjay:
5.my son is 10,so he is still under dependancy status.
Like i suggested in previous post, i recommend that you apply alone (without him) because, if you applied together, his complicated matter might greatly delay your own application and i wouldn't be surprised if after 2 years, you are still going to and fro the embassy with all sort of every document to support your both applications:
Note: it is extremely important to declare him in your personal application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 12:09pm On Jun 25, 2012
Pls i will like to find out if council tax statement can be submitted bering the landlord's name or my sponsor's name. My husband is my sponsor and presently he lives in a room in an apartment of which he pays his rent to the owner of the apartment and when he went to the council tax office in the uk he was told that he needs to get a double room or a flat before the council tax document can come in his name. He intends getting an apartment in September and we will apply for a 6 months visa in December.

My question is do they request for council tax statement covering the sixmonths and other tax document is needed to support the coucil tax statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by propofol: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
philipin7: Pls i will like to find out if council tax statement can be submitted bering the landlord's name or my sponsor's name. My husband is my sponsor and presently he lives in a room in an apartment of which he pays his rent to the owner of the apartment and when he went to the council tax office in the uk he was told that he needs to get a double room or a flat before the council tax document can come in his name. He intends getting an apartment in September and we will apply for a 6 months visa in December.

My question is do they request for council tax statement covering the sixmonths and other tax document is needed to support the coucil tax statement
well when i applied for my uk visa i did not put in any council tax payment and i was successful. it is not so much about submitting all these numerous document but one must just be straoght forward and honest. thats it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
i am also to state in my visa application form that i get financial requirement from my sponsor(husband) of which i will present western union receipts to back up my claim.

Is it ok to deposit the money i get from my husband(sponsor)into my account as long as the western union receipts are available.i hope this will not be money lodgement.

there's a part in the form that is asked "how much is available for your trip" is it ok if i put in what is available in my husband's account.

Thanks for your advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2012
Don't think you need to put ur husband account as what's available for your trip. Are you working? Earning any income? Get money Occasionally from Friends and families? Put that in. But don't drop a large sum of money in the account suddenly and submit that statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2012
Right, guys, have an enquiry to make here.
Trying to advice a mate of mine, but I'm not sure of what advice or answer to give him, with regard this. His questions are the (*) (for quick read)

He is an overstayer, he has a british girlfriend, he deffo loves, from what we can see. Waay more than pussy whipped 2bh.
Anyway, we've all asked him, why not marry his gf instead. They've been 2gether, at least 5yrs. Anyway, he says, he doesn't want to risk leaving the country. So, now it seems the gf actually wants this and its become more than a case of sorting his "papers" out.

*Now, after much research, he asks, what could happen to his degree if he applies for a spouse visa in Nige and he uses it to prove he's exempt from the english language requirements? Could it get seized or discredited if he submits it with his app?
I said, he could always use a certified copy. (Am I right here? Think I am).

*Also, he says he has received, P60s in the past, which means he has worked. How? Haven't asked. But, can the home office consult with other govt. bodies to actually find out about this?

Based on research we've done, and based on what he has told us, it seems paragraph 320(11) is the worry here.

So, what y'all think? Did we also do a good job by preventing him frm paying money to lawyers when the internet is available?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyjay: 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
Thanks vicjustice

Like how long would i need to to be in the Uk before i can send for my son to join us?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:11am On Jun 26, 2012
ifyjay: Thanks vicjustice

Like how long would i need to to be in the Uk before i can send for my son to join us?
As long as it takes for you to be established and meet every requirement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reloaded11: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2012
Good Morning,
I need an urgent response to my questions.....I have applied for UK visa last year and i was refused 2 times (August and September)The first reason was that i forgot to list our second uncle details in the section where they ask "Do you have any other relatives in UK".
The second reason was that my brother does not have enough money to sponsor our trip because we are both traveling together and he has 5 years valid UK visa which will expire in 2014...Now i am planing to re-apply for a tourist visa as my brother now have like 1.2 million in his account and the account was well ran and we are still traveling together in august this year...My question is: Is it possible to apply for tourist visa because none of our 2 uncle is available to send new invitation letter....Please i need an advice from you guys and tell me what documents to provide when applying for the tourist visa and my chance of getting the visa this time around.
Hope to read from someone as soon as possible.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2012
reloaded11: Good Morning,
I need an urgent response to my questions.....I have applied for UK visa last year and i was refused 2 times (August and September)The first reason was that i forgot to list our second uncle details in the section where they ask "Do you have any other relatives in UK".
The second reason was that my brother does not have enough money to sponsor our trip because we are both traveling together and he has 5 years valid UK visa which will expire in 2014...Now i am planing to re-apply for a tourist visa as my brother now have like 1.2 million in his account and the account was well ran and we are still traveling together in august this year...My question is: Is it possible to apply for tourist visa because none of our 2 uncle is available to send new invitation letter....Please i need an advice from you guys and tell me what documents to provide when applying for the tourist visa and my chance of getting the visa this time around.
Hope to read from someone as soon as possible.
Thanks
To be honest, i don't give you much of a chance, you are an adult and relying on your brother as your sponsor, you don't seem to have a job or an obligation to return to Nigeria for, and besides, you are not on invitation, which means you will (as suposed) have to stay in hotel; so, how much money (from the 1.2 million naira in your brothers account) will be left to sustain both of you when you return to Nigeria? Though i know that you don't have any intention to return to Nigeria, but that is how the ECO sees it.
Man, let's be reasonable, you will only waste your money applying for a visa that won't be approved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reloaded11: 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2012
Thanks for the response and indeed acknowledge your message....Yeah am an adult but just 24 and am in my 3rd year in university and to be sincere i will be coming back to home to conclude my education...But i will need more advice and i would not mind some else can contribute to this ..
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reloaded11: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
Thanks for the response and indeed acknowledge your message....Yeah am an adult but just 24 and am in my 3rd year in university and to be sincere i will be coming back to home to conclude my education...But i will need more advice and i would not mind some else can contribute to this ..
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
reloaded11: Thanks for the response and indeed acknowledge your message....Yeah am an adult but just 24 and am in my 3rd year in university and to be sincere i will be coming back to home to conclude my education...But i will need more advice and i would not mind some else can contribute to this ..
Thanks
Did you just call 24 "just"? Well, as long as you are over 16, you are an adult in Immigration world.
You said you would want more advice, but i don't think advised is the right word, just say you want to be encouraged
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
Vergil: Don't think you need to put ur husband account as what's available for your trip. Are you working? Earning any income? Get money Occasionally from Friends and families? Put that in. But don't drop a large sum of money in the account suddenly and submit that statement.

i am working and have 500,000naira account but my husband is sponsoring my trip, what am i to when i am asked "how much is available for your trip"

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.