Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,094 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986932 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
@naiko
Are you an agent? Cos the number of visas only you want to get is amazing
@everystep87
Visa no be the same as entry clearance oh.
Let's hope you even come back
Customer service? Do you think people are paid to do this.

Justwise and VICJ
Una dey try! My temperament can't do this even if es gratis
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
@salsera,am not agent atall,i only need to get clearance for intentions/planned trips.there is a saying in my place that 'if you ask for a house number you miss the color of the gate'.am making enquiries and am getting good answers.thanks to vicjustice and justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
salsera: @naiko
Are you an agent? Cos the number of visas only you want to get is amazing
@everystep87
Visa no be the same as entry clearance oh.
Let's hope you even come back
Customer service? Do you think people are paid to do this.

Justwise and VICJ
Una dey try! My temperament can't do this even if es gratis

Well. . . .it could be annoying sometimes but. . . one has to zip-it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
naiko: I WANT TO APPLY FOR UK VISA FOR MY WIFE (A FULL TIME HOUSEWIFE) PLEASE GIVE ME LIST OF DOCUMENTS I WILL NEED TO PRESENT WITH HER APPLICATION.
VICJUSTICE AND OTHERS,PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

naiko: @vicjustice, you wrote that you cant apply when you dont have a job?i have applied with my documents for my wife (a full time housewife ooo) and she was issued visa, any difference form her case? another question this 28 days of money maturity in the account,is it 28 working days or just 28 days??

If you have applied for your wife before and got it why are you here again asking for the list of documents to be presented for visa application again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hushbaby(m): 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
Pls justwise Kindly assist with some information about getting a firsttime UK tourist visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
hushbaby: Pls justwise Kindly assist with some information about getting a firsttime UK tourist visa
justwise:

If you take your time and go through posts in this thread you see answer to your question. It has been answered plenty of time here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
Thank you Justwise and Salsera:
@ Naiko, what are you? You gave the impression that you are a wife, while in other posts, you are the husband

naiko: guys help me with documents to use for housewife application now. i want to apply-my husband will bring documents
naiko: I WANT TO APPLY FOR UK VISA FOR MY WIFE (A FULL TIME HOUSEWIFE) PLEASE GIVE ME LIST OF DOCUMENTS I WILL NEED TO PRESENT WITH HER APPLICATION.
VICJUSTICE AND OTHERS,PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2012
Thanks Justwise. I guess there's nothing to loose,I'll put the application in. You guys are doing a gr8 job here. God Bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2012
Vicjustice: Thank you Justwise and Salsera:
@ Naiko, what are you? You gave the impression that you are a wife, while in other posts, you are the husband

I noticed that as well. . .really don't know who i'm dealing with.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2012
Pepe-A:
Thanks Justwise. I guess there's nothing to loose,I'll put the application in. You guys are doing a gr8 job here. God Bless

Nothing to loose, you got good immigration record, your kid is British, all you have to do is to follow the same step as you have done previously.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2012
hushbaby: Pls justwise Kindly assist with some information about getting a firsttime UK tourist visa

What do you do? Work, got business or a student?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 9:45am On Jul 19, 2012
i am male,my wife has own visa,why my elder brother is the one who needs these info.thanks all the same,i am only here to get clearer picture of intentions.u guys are doing a great job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MosakuAW(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2012
Thanks all..... @JUSTWISE,VICJUSTICE and the rest, you guys are doing a great job.

I have been given a visa for 180days as a tourist to Uk. I recieved my visa late on Monday, and i could not travel again this month due to the olympics.

Am planing to go 24th of Aug and return 7th of September, but in my application i wrote 16th july to return 23rd july.

What are the things i need to do, so has not be bounce back when i get there? Am planning to book for 13night stay in hotel and also book for car rent to pick me from the Airport to the hotel.

Guys! kindly help and suggest what i need to do more to scale through the entry clearance.

Thanks. You guys are the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2012
Mosaku A.W:
Thanks all..... @JUSTWISE,VICJUSTICE and the rest, you guys are doing a great job.

I have been given a visa for 180days as a tourist to Uk. I recieved my visa late on Monday, and i could not travel again this month due to the olympics.

Am planing to go 24th of Aug and return 7th of September, but in my application i wrote 16th july to return 23rd july.

What are the things i need to do, so has not be bounce back when i get there? Am planning to book for 13night stay in hotel and also book for car rent to pick me from the Airport to the hotel.

Guys! kindly help and suggest what i need to do more to scale through the entry clearance.

Congratulations on your visa.

You are free to travel to the UK at any time you wish as long as your entry visa is still valid and will not expire during your stay.

You should make your hotel booking before you travel as you will need to fill this information on your landing card when you arrive in the UK.

As for airport pick up, it will be cheaper for you to take a train from the airport to your destination if you are staying in london depending on your airport of entry.

While you are in London, don't forget to go on a Tour of the Emirates Stadium. You won't regret it

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2012
Mosaku A.W:

The (arrival and departure) dates that you gave during your application is merely for estimation or for an idea of your duration of stay: therefore, it is susceptible to changes or amendments, and the statutory privileges of the visa is not affected except your arrival and departure date does not correspond with the given accommodation details.
So, what you should be more careful about is your accommodation details, whether hotel or private, make sure the duration of stay corresponds with your arrival and departure dates.
Trust me, most travellers do not make the travel on the dates that they gave during visa application. You are fine to travel at any time, but avoid travelling toward the expiration of the visa otherwise, the immigration officers would be concerned that you don't intend to return to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
Please can some one explain to me what 28 days of money maturity in the bank is all about. I don't understand what it means And am i to add ticket booking arrangement to my document, i was made to understand that this arrangement involves booking without actual payment for flight ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
philipin7: Please can some one explain to me what [b]28 days [/b]of money maturity in the bank is all about. I don't understand what it means And am i to add ticket booking arrangement to my document, i was made to understand that this arrangement involves booking without actual payment for flight ticket.

That is only for student visa.

You can make hotel reservation without paying but you will be asked to enter your card details, you will only pay when you get to the hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Olami1224: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
oyejohn: Hello Justwise am going to submit my application for a student visitor visa tomorrow thanks for all the advice Bless you I am certain I would have goodnews to share with you when next I write bless you

please am a fresher here.. i need details on all documents neded to go for a visit... sodiqonas@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MosakuAW(m): 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
[quote author=Vicjustice]
The (arrival and departure) dates that you gave during your application is merely for estimation or for an idea of your duration of stay: therefore, it is susceptible to changes or amendments, and the statutory privileges of the visa is not affected except your arrival and departure date does not correspond with the given accommodation details.
So, what you should be more careful about is your accommodation details, whether hotel or private, make sure the duration of stay corresponds with your arrival and departure dates.
Trust me, most travellers do not make the travel on the dates that they gave during visa application. You are fine to travel at any time, but avoid travelling toward the expiration of the visa otherwise, the immigration officers would be concerned that you don't intend to return to Nigeria
[/quote. Thanks for the reply! am really greatful. I need to ask you one last question. Can i book one week hotel and stay the other week with a friend? If i booked 1week hotel, wont the entry officer as me where i will spend the remaining week and in my application, i state i dont have family and friend in the UK. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by codecyan(m): 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
Pls has anyone used UPS via VFS Global to deliver your passport.
I applied for a 2 year UK visa 3 weeks ago. It is the third time I am applying (I have been granted visa twice).
I have emailed the VFS office but they said my passport has been forwarded to UPS, on the 17th of July. The curious thing is that the tracking number is invalid.
...and I am yet to receive the passport two days after.
Has anyone had this experience before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MosakuAW(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
ahonohai:

Congratulations on your visa.

You are free to travel to the UK at any time you wish as long as your entry visa is still valid and will not expire during your stay.

You should make your hotel booking before you travel as you will need to fill this information on your landing card when you arrive in the UK.

As for airport pick up, it will be cheaper for you to take a train from the airport to your destination if you are staying in london depending on your airport of entry.

While you are in London, don't forget to go on a Tour of the Emirates Stadium. You won't regret it.

Thanks for your reply. I must say you really read my mind. Am planning to visit the Emirate stadium, but the most painful part of it, is that Arsenal would not be playing at home during my stay. I cant take a train to my destination, cos i dont even know UK transport system. I have already booked for pick-up from Airport to Hotel through wakanow.com. Thanks...... Cheers.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MosakuAW(m): 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
codecyan: Pls has anyone used UPS via VFS Global to deliver your passport.
I applied for a 2 year UK visa 3 weeks ago. It is the third time I am applying (I have been granted visa twice).
I have emailed the VFS office but they said my passport has been forwarded to UPS, on the 17th of July. The curious thing is that the tracking number is invalid.

I also used UPS via VFS GLOBAL. After tracking my visa application, i saw deliveed to UPS. I called UPS customer service, and they ask for my tracking number and they confirm my parcel is on it way. Go to UPS webite and pick the phone number of customer service or better still, try this two numbers. 012705577 and 012713605. Best of luck[b]

I also used UPS via VFS GLOBAL. After tracking my visa application, i saw deliveed to UPS. I called UPS customer service, and they ask for my tracking number and they confirm my parcel is on it way. Go to UPS webite and pick the phone number of customer service or better still, try this two numbers. 012705577 and 012713605. Best of luck[/b]

I also used UPS via VFS GLOBAL. After tracking my visa application, i saw deliveed to UPS. I called UPS customer service, and they ask for my tracking number and they confirm my parcel is on it way. Go to UPS webite and pick the phone number of customer service or better still, try this two numbers. 012705577 and 012713605. Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by codecyan(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
@Mosaku A.W
Thanks for your response, I called the customer service number of UPS but the lady at the other said the tracking number was invalid.
Btw, how long did it take to get your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
Mosaku A.W:
Thanks for the reply! am really greatful. I need to ask you one last question. Can i book one week hotel and stay the other week with a friend? If i booked 1week hotel, wont the entry officer as me where i will spend the remaining week and in my application, i state i dont have family and friend in the UK. Thanks.
You don't want to give Immigration officers reasons to doubt your genuineness, do you?
If there is anything controversial with you at the port of entry, i see no reason why the immigration officers will not stop and deport you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2012

Click below to see my experience with the UPS
https://www.nairaland.com/346077/ups-courier-frustrating-disappointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MosakuAW(m): 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
@Codecyen:

I guess you gave the UPS customer service rep a wrong tracking number.

The visa application tracking number is different from the ups tracking number.

The UPS tracking number look this way: H8641414228- This was my tracking number.

You can find the tracking number on the UPS form you filled at the VFS .

Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2012
justwise:

That is only for student visa.

You can make hotel reservation without paying but you will be asked to enter your card details, you will only pay when you get to the hotel.

Thanks justwise, but i will be staying with my husband during the visit and he will state this in the invitation letter, do i still need to make hotel reservation. Do i need to do travelling booking arrangement (i was told this does not involve actual payment of flight ticket, just shows the arrangement you have made for travelling).

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:10am On Jul 20, 2012
philipin7:

Thanks justwise, but i will be staying with my husband during the visit and he will state this in the invitation letter, do i still need to make hotel reservation. Do i need to do travelling booking arrangement (i was told this does not involve actual payment of flight ticket, just shows the arrangement you have made for travelling).

Thanks

If you will be staying with him then no need to book hotel accommodation, booking for light is not a must.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hello Nairalnders, because of this thresd I had to sign up to nairaland smiley
Vicjustice and justwise your really doing a good job God bless you.
I have an issue I started reading this thread after I had already applied for visa without much knowledge and infomation. I was denied today, though the denial hurt I knew it was my fault the Eco said I didn't provide any other documentation apart from the I'd card of my uncle( who I said I would be staying with) and also I didn't provide the financial statement of my spononrs earnings ( I said my uncle will part_sponspor me) the statement of account he gave me was his savings account with a bal of N350k not his salary account.
My passport is a virgin passport I applied as a family visitor to visit my uncle.

I want to reapply in sept and with ur help and Gods grace I belive I'll get it. The questions I want to ask are:
1) I want to apply as a tourist/ general visitor now, cos my uncle won't be around @ dat time. Is it ok?
2) This time around I will sponspor myself and will have a bal of N350k in my acct is that ok?
3) Insteadd of staying with my unlce as against my last application I will book an hotel for 1 week and stay with a friend who is a student for the other week, but in my application I want to write just one week.
4) How would I explain to the Eco in the additional information part that my condition has changed cos I will save up for the sept trip and sponspr myself fully.
5) Is it necessary I pay for the hotel online? As I would prefer to book and pay when I get there, would that reduce my chances of getting the visa?
Iam a banker currently earning N120k per month
Lastly its imp I go this year b4 dec cos my friend that I want to see would leave England by Dec and I would really love to see her she's the reason I rushed to get the visa in the 1st place.

All your help/ comments/ suggestions as to additional docs to get will be taking very seriously. As I do not want to be refused again.

Thanks as I expect a reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
Sorry the last question I want to ask is that I will be moving money from my salary acct to a savings account in another bank form now till when I apply in sept when is it safe to make the last deposit ( so it wouldne be called cash lodgement) though I will submit both my savings and salary accts, would the eco notice the trends or I need to provide an additional note explaing the crdits and debits? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
@teejay_go01,

I come to NL all the time to get necessary information/ideas becos i learn alot from here.well sorry you didnt get the visa but from my little experience i will answer of your questions why i will leave the experts(vicjustice,justwise and co) to give you better response.
1-you can apply without your uncle being available as long as you will be booking an hotel.
2-350k balance in your account is NOT good enough - the experts i mention above can advise better how much you might need.
3-i will advise you make two weeks booking for the hotel,since you will be paying on arrival.
4-120k per month is not bad (but i think how good you can save might be the issue)
This is my best answer i can give to yuor questions, i hope and know the experts will give further clarifications.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.