Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:07 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986206 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
justwise:

A photocopy of your form will be with them.

the figures i filled for my parents year of birth , i am not too sure they were correct and i dont have a copy of the form. but now i want to re apply i am sure of the correct dates, will this disqualify me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
justwise:

A photocopy of your form will be with them.

i was careless to have filled in wrong year of births for my parents in my last application in2007. but now i want to re apply and i am sure of the correct dates, will this disqualify me. There will be discrepancies when they check the former form, how do i address this discrepancy when i want to re-apply.
Is there any way i can trace the form on the internet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by brownlord: 1:33am On Jul 04, 2012
Hello everyone am new to this forum, have been following up for sometime now, you guys are really great and must commend your effort, please i need you guys to assist me, i want to apply for a UK visiting visa, my uncle leaves in the Uk for more than 25 yrs now, and have talked with him and agrees to send invitation for me to visit, i have just graduated from a university awaiting service in Nov. so i intend to visit and come back for my service by nov. and i also want to use the medium to search for a school i can comfortably do my masters immediately after my service, please i will need your advise on what i need to do as this is my first time, what are the document i need and how do i need to go about it, am presently not working but i can sponsor myself, please i need your advice...thanks yall
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
philipin7:

i was careless to have filled in wrong year of births for my parents in my last application in2007. but now i want to re apply and i am sure of the correct dates, will this disqualify me. There will be discrepancies when they check the former form, how do i address this discrepancy when i want to re-apply.
Is there any way i can trace the form on the internet
Under normal circumstances, this is supposed to forever "disqualify" you, but you are lucky i have experience with this scenario.
It is not a rare thing for Visa Officers to observe discrepancies in given Dates Of Birth especially pertaining to parents, so, they are aware of the fact that the DOBs of a vast number of Africans are highly uncertain. I have applied for a visa before entering the DOB of a relative (something that i wasn't sure of), and the visa was issued. And then, on another application, i forgot the DOB that i gave previously; and i entered a totally different one: but at the end, i added a note that reads:

* "Though i have honestly filled the form with as much information as i can genuinely provide, but the DOB of ******** is highly uncertain as there exists no national database (in Nigeria) to keep such records and therefore, in the absence of such, i would like to state that the DOB provided is not to the best of my knowledge."

Trust me, the visa was also approved despite the discrepancies: i am arguably one of the people that made the Embassy to consider adding an option for people who happen to be in this situation; and now-a-days, there is an option of "I Don't Know" when entering a family member's DOB.

Now, you can do the same for your parents date of birth, these visa officers are aware that Nigerians (like most black African nationals) are not properly documented: So, you can do the same: If applying online in the past, (when you can't proceed to next page without entering a date of birth) you could have entered a guessed DOB, but now that there is the "Don't Know" option, this is your best option: And remember to make a declaration of your lack of knowledge at the end claiming that the DOB of your parents are highly uncertain as there exist no national database to keep such record.

Note: In future time, your parents may need a sworn (and permanent) Declaration Of Age in order to deal with the situation and to be considered eligible for subsequent visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
Vicjustice: Under normal circumstances, this is supposed to forever "disqualify" you, but you are lucky i have experience with this scenario.
It is not a rare thing for Visa Officers to observe discrepancies in given Dates Of Birth especially pertaining to parents, so, they are aware of the fact that the DOBs of a vast number of Africans are highly uncertain. I have applied for a visa before entering the DOB of a relative (something that i wasn't sure of), and the visa was issued. And then, on another application, i forgot the DOB that i gave previously; and i entered a totally different one: but at the end, i added a note that reads:

* "Though i have honestly filled the form with as much information as i can genuinely provide, but the DOB of ******** is highly uncertain as there exists no national database (in Nigeria) to keep such records and therefore, in the absence of such, i would like to state that the DOB provided is not to the best of my knowledge."

Thanks alot, u are God sent

Trust me, the visa was also approved despite the discrepancies: i am arguably one of the people that made the Embassy to consider adding an option for people who happen to be in this situation; and now-a-days, there is an option of "I Don't Know" when entering a family member's DOB.

Now, you can do the same for your parents date of birth, these visa officers are aware that Nigerians (like most black African nationals) are not properly documented: So, you can do the same: If applying online in the past, (when you can't proceed to next page without entering a date of birth) you could have entered a guessed DOB, but now that there is the "Don't Know" option, this is your best option: And remember to make a declaration of your lack of knowledge at the end claiming that the DOB of your parents are highly uncertain as there exist no national database to keep such record.

Note: In future time, your parents may need a sworn (and permanent) Declaration Of Age in order to deal with the situation and to be considered eligible for subsequent visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
thanks for the advice, i pray this works for me.
vic justice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
but i have a birth certificate which states my moms age, do submit this birth certificate or just use my passport which has my date of birth in it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
philipin7: but i have a birth certificate which states my moms age, do submit this birth certificate or just use my passport which has my date of birth in it
You are required to submit your Birth Certificate for this application, this is a requirement and it is a MUST: Your visa will definitely be refused if you submitted your application without your birth certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ vicjustice, you mentioned that birth certificate is a must?but i have got family members even with 5 years visa who never submitted these document and yet they were issued visa,infact an aunty submitted her application about 4 wks ago without these document and she was issued visa.so am worried why you included MUST in your statement.please clarify.....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Vicjustice, birth certificate is never a must for Uk visa application. I have been to the Uk a couple of times and I cannot remember ever including my birth certificate or that of my wife in our visa application. You only need birth certificate if you are applying for your child. At least I did that for my son.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Well, the fact that you guys applied for tourist visas and were not required to present your Birth Certificate does not mean that every application category is exempted likewise. You should have known the circumstances of Mrs Philipin7: this lady is applying for a visa to go to her spouse and she is under the sponsorship of same, therefore, her birth certificate is required. Visit the UKBA site and see what is required from applicants in her category
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
i have been granted uk visa twice...and i didnt submit my birth certificate...........

Vicjustice: You are required to submit your Birth Certificate for visa application, this is a requirement and it is a MUST: Your visa will definitely be refused if you submitted your application without your birth certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/sup-docs-settlement.pdf
Evidence of your relationship to your
sponsor and any contact between you
This could be a letter from your sponsor confirming your relationship and that
they are supporting your application, along with copies of:
* your birth certificate or adoption certificate
* your marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
* a death or divorce certificate
* photographs of your wedding, civil partnership ceremony or other time spent
together
* phone records
* emails, letters or cards
You should not submit DVDs or video cassettes

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/sup-docs-settlement.pdf
SEE PAGE 3 FOR THIS CONTENT
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by brownlord: 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
Hi everyone no body seems to reply to my previous post, please i need your guidance as to enable me seek a visiting visa, i want to apply for a UK visiting visa, my uncle leaves in the Uk for more than 25 yrs now, and have talked with him and agrees to send invitation for me to visit, i have just graduated from a university awaiting service in Nov. so i intend to visit and come back for my service by nov. and i also want to use the medium to search for a school i can comfortably do my masters immediately after my service, please i will need your advise on what i need to do as this is my first time, what are the document i need and how do i need to go about it, am presently not working but i can sponsor myself, please i need your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Vicjustice, if I understood Philipin7's posts well,i think she only wants to apply for a family visit visa (Which is the category of visa I have always applied for). Like I said initially, I have had cause to apply for and even renewed my family visit visa without any birth certificate. I want to believe the biodata page of one's passport suffuices for any information required as regards the applicant's age and so on.

Better still,Philipin7 can go to

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/visitors.pdf

for further info as regards the supporting documents required.

Thanks for the good work Vicjustice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
brownlord: Hi everyone no body seems to reply to my previous post, please i need your guidance as to enable me seek a visiting visa, i want to apply for a UK visiting visa, my uncle leaves in the Uk for more than 25 yrs now, and have talked with him and agrees to send invitation for me to visit, i have just graduated from a university awaiting service in Nov. so i intend to visit and come back for my service by nov. and i also want to use the medium to search for a school i can comfortably do my masters immediately after my service, please i will need your advise on what i need to do as this is my first time, what are the document i need and how do i need to go about it, am presently not working but i can sponsor myself, please i need your advice
The number of years that your uncle has been living in the UK is absolutely irrelevant, meeting the required conditions is what matters.
You have just graduated from a University; that now makes you have less obligations or home ties to return to Nigeria for, and yet, you don't have a job; and that now puts you in a category of those that are feared would take up illegal employment in the UK.
You said you also want to use the medium to search for a school where you can comfortably do your masters in the UK? But you don't need to travel to the UK before searching for a school, it is way easier to do that online (even from Nigeria) than to search using your limited physical presence.
And as for the documents that you need, please, use www.google.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
SOTAJ: @Vicjustice, if I understood Philipin7's posts well,i think she only wants to apply for a family visit visa (Which is the category of visa I have always applied for). Like I said initially, I have had cause to apply for and even renewed my family visit visa without any birth certificate. I want to believe the biodata page of one's passport suffuices for any information required as regards the applicant's age and so on.

Better still,Philipin7 can go to

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/visitors.pdf

for further info as regards the supporting documents required.

Thanks for the good work Vicjustice.
She actually has complicated the whole information with her various enquiries, and i am beginning to get confused as to what category of visa that she is applying for; and i have been dealing with her queries with the understanding that her Spouse is in the UK and that she would be applying for a visa to JOIN him, and in this situation, she would be required to provide her Birth Certificate.
I appreciate your constructive posts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lafad11(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2012
@ vicjustice, @justwise.... Thanks for the information may God continue to bless u. Quick 1 boss. Av visited the *UK* couple of times and now i want my wife and daughter to visit as well. Their invitation letter sent to me by my broda was dated 5th june and am yet to submit their application.what's your take on dis pls.
Cheers.
U boss shld pls asn my question pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by brownlord: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2012
Vicjustice:
The number of years that your uncle has been living in the UK is absolutely irrelevant, meeting the required conditions is what matters.
You have just graduated from a University; that now makes you have less obligations or home ties to return to Nigeria for, and yet, you don't have a job; and that now puts you in a category of those that are feared would take up illegal employment in the UK.
You said you also want to use the medium to search for a school where you can comfortably do your masters in the UK? But you don't need to travel to the UK before searching for a school, it is way easier to do that online (even from Nigeria) than to search using your limited physical presence.
And as for the documents that you need, please, use www.google.com

thanks bro for your time, that means there will be no need for me to apply? and also if i can search for the right document on google i wont even come and seek for opinion here in the first place, anyway thanks for your time i really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2012
lafad11: @ vicjustice, @justwise.... Thanks for the information may God continue to bless u. Quick 1 boss. Av visited the *UK* couple of times and now i want my wife and daughter to visit as well. Their invitation letter sent to me by my broda was dated 5th june and am yet to submit their application.what's your take on dis pls.
Cheers.
U boss shld pls asn my question pls.
But this particular question had been answered before, or was it not you who posted it here?:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas/3#11318106
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2012
brownlord:
thanks bro for your time, that means there will be no need for me to apply? and also if i can search for the right document on google i wont even come and seek for opinion here in the first place, anyway thanks for your time i really appreciate
I wouldn't honestly recommend that you apply for a visa in your present circumstances, you stand a great chance to be refused with no reserve.
It is OK to come here and seek people's opinions, but the reason that i recommended the use of google is because i think it is the appropriate place to search for the UKBA websites and to get the first hand information regarding the accurate documents to use for visa application: so, it is one thing to ask for opinions, suggestions, recommendations and advice; but another thing to ask about the documents needed for visa application since the information is available in google.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
vicjustice,its unfair hwo you dont give answers to a few people around here even when we ciritically in need of it,hv posted my request for advise in all your threads but am yet to see any response,below is it again;
@
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
Vicjustice:

Evidence of your relationship to your
sponsor and any contact between you
This could be a letter from your sponsor confirming your relationship and that
they are supporting your application, along with copies of:
* your birth certificate or adoption certificate
* your marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
* a death or divorce certificate
* photographs of your wedding, civil partnership ceremony or other time spent
together
* phone records
* emails, letters or cards
You should not submit DVDs or video cassettes
How do i get phone records and am i to print the emails ,u know they are very particular about original copies. Also i just have pictures of the wedding ceremony and not of the court marriage, cant seem to find them, will the wedding pics serve. Are all these applicable for Family visit visa too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2012
Vicjustice:
She actually has complicated the whole information with her various enquiries, and i am beginning to get confused as to what category of visa that she is applying for; and i have been dealing with her queries with the understanding that her Spouse is in the UK and that she would be applying for a visa to JOIN him, and in this situation, she would be required to provide her Birth Certificate.
I appreciate your constructive posts.

Vic justice i am applying for a Family visit visa for now, do i still need to submit my birth certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:14am On Jul 06, 2012
naiko: vicjustice,its unfair hwo you dont give answers to a few people around here even when we ciritically in need of it,hv posted my request for advise in all your threads but am yet to see any response,below is it again;
@vicjustice am putting in my application with the below documents pls advise;

-letter of appointment.
-letter of salary increament.
-payslip(3 months)
-mails showing non approval of pay slip.(the management cancelled the issuance of payslip from January this year)
-Annual Leave Letter.
-Company's ID.

-bank papers.

-marriage certificate and pictures.
p.s-i have an insurance plan i pay monthly into,can i also include it as savings?

-hotel accomodation
I suspect you are talking about tourist visa, but you are not making any query, so, what am i supposed to say?
As for the mentioned insurance, how can that be "included as savings"? By the way, what is the policy involved, i mean, is it a travel insurance?
Also, it would help if you give detailed explanation on what you meant by "bank papers" and the content in it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2012
philipin7:

Vic justice i am applying for a Family visit visa for now, do i still need to submit my birth certificate?

How have i complicated the whole information with my enquiries, vic justice you are so rude i observed.I am sure i am not the first complaining about you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
@philipin7: I think your question has been answered long ago, I don't know how the issue of birth certificate comes into it, you are visiting your husband and all you need to prove to the ECO is that he is really ur husband and that he can afford to invite you. Marriage certificate, pictures, emails, letters, phone call records, evidnce of any gift[money or any other item]. Then your own tie-to-Nigeria...your job, bank statement, leave letter, employment letter...etc. If you are not convinced then visit UKBA website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
philipin7:

How have i complicated the whole information with my queries, vic justice you are so rude i observed.I am sure i am not the first complaining about you.
HOW AM I RUDE? SHOW ME A POST WHERE I AM RUDE TO YOU.
YOU UNGRATEFUL BEING! IS THIS YOUR OPINION ABOUT ME AFTER ALL THE SERIES OF QUESTIONS THAT YOU'VE BEEN POSING AND MY TIRELESS EFFORTS TO PROVIDE EVERY ANSWER FOR FREE? YOU MAKE ME REGRET
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
Vicjustice:
YOU UNGRATEFUL BEING! IS THIS YOUR OPINION ABOUT ME AFTER ALL THE SERIES OF QUESTIONS THAT YOU'VE BEEN POSING AND MY TIRELESS EFFORTS TO PROVIDE EVERY ANSWER FOR FREE? YOU MAKE ME REGRET
Don't regret anything, a lot more people appreciate your endless help here, its sad that some people see it differently. You really got nothing to regret, you did what you did out of kindness.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
Vicjustice:

"Ungrateful being" there he goes again. There are some words you really should not use you know?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
philipin7:

"Ungrateful being" there he goes again. There are some words you really should not use you know?
Oh really? So, you knew that and yet you think it's ok to use such words to address someone who offered his time and was there for you?
How do you justify the words in this quote?
philipin7:

How have i complicated the whole information with my enquiries, vic justice you are so rude i observed.I am sure i am not the first complaining about you.
I really would appreciate if you show me the post in which I was rude to you or to any other person from whom you got my rudeness report
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyjay: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
vicjustice hi,I still think u re doing good.u re being forthright with your answers,it might not be what we want to hearbut its for the best.we have decided that I should come for a visit first because of shortage of finanance for spouse visa.
Pls consider justwise response below.
In my case all the documents listed below are available but my statement of account cannot fly .will my visa application in this circumstances be determined mainly on my husbands statement of account or do i need to have a enough money in my statement of account? Thanks

justwise: @philipin7: I think your question has been answered long ago, I don't know how the issue of birth certificate comes into it, you are visiting your husband and all you need to prove to the ECO is that he is really ur husband and that he can afford to invite you. Marriage certificate, pictures, emails, letters, phone call records, evidnce of any gift[money or any other item]. Then your own tie-to-Nigeria...your job, bank statement, leave letter, employment letter...etc. If you are not convinced then visit UKBA website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.