Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983977 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
@Phillipin7, I really don't think vicjustice has ever been rude in any of his postings. The whole essence of the forum is to rub minds and share ideas because no single person has it all.
Though we may have divergent views or understanding about issues, we are supposed to be better for it at the end of the day.

I really think people like vicjustice should be appreaciated and commended for their inputs. Not everybody has the time to contribute even though we may have fair knowlede of visa application.

@Vicjustice, keep the good work going and don't be discouraged
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
VicJustice and JustWise, this is for you. Please be aware that you guys are fake agents/visa touts enemy number one due to all your assistance on visa issues. We are very grateful. Don't let them discourage you at all. That's what they want so that their market will come back. Please don't mind them else they win. Keep up the great work and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ololo12: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
@Vicjustice and Justwise.

Thanks for the good job you're doing on here. Just a quick question.

I applied for the first time ever, UK visa on the 3rd of March this year and got refused on the ground that I did not show prove of the amount in my bank account, with supporting documents like Payslip and tax clearance. I only included Tax clearance but did not include payslip. So I reapplied again with the required supporting documents asked of me. I got refused again on the ground that I said in my application that I earn 120k, and traveling to the UK 450k, including Ticket fare. Wwhich means I am going to be using all the funds in my account to travel to the UK, so therefore they are not convince that I am going to come back and on the probability of blah lah blah blah blah they have refused me entry into the UK. I have no clue why I was denied again. Could it be because I have a virgin passport, I don't know. Could you shed more light as to why I was refused bro?? Because of this I have sworn I am never going to reapply for UK visa, I am going to try US next year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 7:57am On Jul 07, 2012
@Ololo12, there are some missing information here. I don't think you were refused the entry visa the second time because of the fact that you earn N120k/month. We have seen people with even less monthly salaries given visas. The issue here is balance in the statement of account you submitted. What percentage of the balance in ur account do you intend to spend for say a 14day vacation in d Uk?
For instance, it will not be logical if you claim you are spending N450k out of ur savings of N500k for a 2wk trip abroad (what will you fall back on when you return?)

So, it is not about your salary alone. It is about how logical enough you are with ur application.

Caveat: I AM NOT A TRAVEL AGENT NEITHER AM I A TRAVEL CONSULTANT! JUST THAT I HAVE HAD CAUSE TO ADVISE PEOPLE BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2012
@justwise,,n aℓℓ other ..i ave myy invitation letter wiff aℓℓ oda bills required 4rm mai Cousin......i ave myy store certificate (registered)statement of Acc,,tax clearance ...what other tin do i need put as i want too submit my application next week?? Advice Asap plzzzzzzz
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2012
ifyjay: vicjustice hi,I still think u re doing good.u re being forthright with your answers,it might not be what we want to hearbut its for the best.we have decided that I should come for a visit first because of shortage of finanance for spouse visa.
Pls consider justwise response below.
In my case all the documents listed below are available but my statement of account cannot fly .will my visa application in this circumstances be determined mainly on my husbands statement of account or do i need to have a enough money in my statement of account? Thanks
I explained to you that if you are applying for a visa to travel to the UK as a tourist/visitor, then your application would be treated as such, you would be required to meet every requirement and your circumstances will be taken into consideration: Your work/job details, Your salaries/incomes, Your bank-statement, Your obligations/home ties etc. This means, you are not applying for a visa that is under the category which you are entitled for by rights, TOURIST/VISIT visa is not by right, but the SPOUSE visa is within the rights of your husband who is a UK citizen though he would also be required to fulfil the requirement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
SOTAJ: @Phillipin7, I really don't think vicjustice has ever been rude in any of his postings. The whole essence of the forum is to rub minds and share ideas because no single person has it all.
Though we may have divergent views or understanding about issues, we are supposed to be better for it at the end of the day.

I really think people like vicjustice should be appreaciated and commended for their inputs. Not everybody has the time to contribute even though we may have fair knowlede of visa application.

@Vicjustice, keep the good work going and don't be discouraged
I'm glad that you have followed the correspondence and have made meaningful contributions yourself. Thank you so much for coming in.
My disappointment wasn't just because she accorded me a rude person, but because she said she knew a lot of people that have complained about my rudeness, and it provoked me to understand that she already had this opinion about me, yet she kept me busy providing answers for her various questions. This is the most ungrateful attitude that i have seen in Nairaland
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
beejaybida: VicJustice and JustWise, this is for you. Please be aware that you guys are fake agents/visa touts enemy number one due to all your assistance on visa issues. We are very grateful. Don't let them discourage you at all. That's what they want so that their market will come back. Please don't mind them else they win. Keep up the great work and God bless.
At first, i thought you said Vicjustice and Justwise are "FAKE" visa agents, but then, i read between the lines and eventually understood that you meant we are enemies to the Fake visa agents.
That is encouraging

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2012
ololo12: @Vicjustice and Justwise.

Thanks for the good job you're doing on here. Just a quick question.

I applied for the first time ever, UK visa on the 3rd of March this year and got refused on the ground that I did not show prove of the amount in my bank account, with supporting documents like Payslip and tax clearance. I only included Tax clearance but did not include payslip. So I reapplied again with the required supporting documents asked of me. I got refused again on the ground that I said in my application that I earn 120k, and traveling to the UK 450k, including Ticket fare. Wwhich means I am going to be using all the funds in my account to travel to the UK, so therefore they are not convince that I am going to come back and on the probability of blah lah blah blah blah they have refused me entry into the UK. I have no clue why I was denied again. Could it be because I have a virgin passport, I don't know. Could you shed more light as to why I was refused bro?? Because of this I have sworn I am never going to reapply for UK visa, I am going to try US next year
Your query was treated in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Well, N120K is a good salary by Nigerian standard, you definitely have no issue with that. Although, i have no idea of how much money that was displayed in your bank statement, but i have reasons to suspect that you have relatively poor balance hence the Visa Officer was not satisfied that you are willing to spend 450K for a trip to the UK.
Bear in mind that Visa Officers can not trust your intention to return to Nigeria if they observe that your trip would badly affect your life savings: Now, know that the mentioned N450K would barely be enough to sustain you for the trip, and yet you were refused on suspicion that you can't afford it... this is the problem i see here.
Now, do not worry about your salary (it is impressive enough), but focus on how to improve your savings. You need to satisfy the Visa Officer that you have good enough money to sustain you after your trip:
NOTE: Not only the UK embassy, also, every normal embassy may find it difficult to approve a visa for you and as harsh as this would seem. i must warn you that YOU CAN'T GET A VISA UNLESS YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION IMPROVES ABOUT 3 FOLDS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ololo12: 8:47am On Jul 08, 2012
@ Vicjustice

Thanks bro for the enlightenment. I am going to reapply again in Winter. I am going to lodge funds in my account prior to the time of my visa application. I am going to lodge the sum of 600k. Please bear in mind that I earn 120k, and the other funds will be from my other business. Now my question is this. In the form where they ask, how much am I taking/spending for the trip to the UK? How much should I put there? should I put 300k excluding ticket fare? Since I intend staying for just 1 week?? Please your answer to my question would be appreciated immensely

God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ololo12: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2012
@ Sotaj and Vicjustice

Yes, I now know why I got refused. You've spelled it out quite clearly. I have now taken note of the silly mistake that caused me the visa refusal. I intend applying again in Winter. What are my chances of getting the visa this time around, given the fact I've been already refused 2 times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vixen007: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hello guys, pls I need some help before applyingfor my Uk visa. I got invited to the UK by my son's Godparents who are also my dear friends, my son is presently on his summer holiday from school and I own a nail salon business which I opened 1st of feb but it isn't registered and I paid my tax to my local govermentfor this year already. As a single mum I get child support from my ex but not all is reflected in my account. I have some money in my account and can still build my account, plus my friends are willing to sponsor our trip. Can I presnt my savings account and my tax receipt even though its in my business name? I dnt have a business account yet. Would it contradict? Also what documents does my son need to accompany ♍ƺ? Would getting a letter from my son's school and paying his feesfor the coming term prove that we have ties in Nigeria and would be coming back after our visit? I have appliedfor a visa in 2007 and was turned down, I admit I made a lot of errors, now I want to do it right so pls help ♍ƺ. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sycamore(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
Please can anyone assist my brother.... Read the below reply during our conversation:

The embassy said S****** didn't disclose that she had teatment in uk d last time she went. So they refused granting visa and imposed a 10yr ban. But she wants to appeal. We didn't understand what they meant by medical treatment, so we ticked no in the form when applying, but they considered the antenatal simere had as medical treatment.....They said ticking NO was deceptive.

Concerning the above conversation, My brothers wife was denied Visa to go to the UK for her Convocation, she has decided to Appeal and she has just 28 days to appeal from 7th July.... Pls can any one Advise on the best course of action to take or refer a lawyer.... Thank u...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
justwise:
You are walking towards another refusal, only if you are ready to explain where that 600k came from with paper. evidence
Exactly, and I wonder why some people still don't understand this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
vixen007: Hello guys, pls I need some help before applying for my Uk visa. I got invited to the UK by my son's Godparents who are also my dear friends, my son is presently on his summer holiday from school and I own a nail salon business which I opened 1st of feb but it isn't registered and I paid my tax to my local govermentfor this year already.
Honestly, i wonder how you pay tax on a business that is not on papers.
Well, such (unregistered business) can not be accepted as a supporting factor for your application, you can not use a verbal declaration of your business, it needs documentations

vixen007: As a single mum I get child support from my ex but not all is reflected in my account.
Again, verbal declaration can not be compensate for an actual document. But do you really think that child support payment has something significant to do with your visa application?

vixen007: I have some money in my account and can still build my account, plus my friends are willing to sponsor our trip.
Dear, believe me, Visa Officers have heard every story in the book and i don't think they have ever given visas to adults whose "FRIENDS are willing to sponsor" their trips.
Please, go through the thread on this link for this query:

https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

vixen007: Can I present my savings account and my tax receipt even though its in my business name?
But i thought you said your business is not registered, how then you have tax receipts in its name?
I expect you are here for advice or recommendation and not encouragement because, if what you want is encouragement, then, i am the wrong person to persuade you into applying for a visa that you can not get. But if you want a honest assessment of your intended visa application outcome based on your circumstances, then, allow me to freely contribute my mind without fear of offence.
I believe that you already suspect that you can neither get a visa by your circumstances alone nor would you get the visa by your friends sponsorship alone; this is why hence you are combining the two means together. And to be honest, even at that, you still don't stand much of a chance because, you are way short of the requirements.

vixen007: I dnt have a business account yet. Would it contradict?
You do not need a business account if you are applying for a Tourist/Visit visa because, you are travelling for pleasure and not for official purpose

vixen007: Also what documents does my son need to accompany ♍ƺ? Would getting a letter from my son's school and paying his feesfor the coming term prove that we have ties in Nigeria and would be coming back after our visit? I have appliedfor a visa in 2007 and was turned down, I admit I made a lot of errors, now I want to do it right so pls help ♍ƺ. Thanks
I'm afraid your son's academical ties can not compensate for your own obligations, everyone knows that it is easier and more convenient for a minor to study abroad than to school in Nigeria: so, what stops the Visa Officer from suspecting that you would seek asylum and have your son study for free in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 10:33am On Jul 09, 2012
Thanks you for the ifo. Justwise

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2012
sycamore: Please can anyone assist my brother.... Read the below reply during our conversation:

The embassy said Simere didn't disclose that she had teatment in uk d last time she went. So they refused granting visa and imposed a 10yr ban. But she wants to appeal. We didn't understand what they meant by medical treatment, so we ticked no in the form when applying, but they considered the antenatal simere had as medical treatment.....They said ticking NO was deceptive.

Concerning the above conversation, My brothers wife was denied Visa to go to the UK for her Convocation, she has decided to Appeal and she has just 28 days to appeal from 7th July.... Pls can any one Advise on the best course of action to take or refer a lawyer.... Thank u...

Why did you not consider antenatal as medical treatment? The doctor or the GP your brother's wife went to see is employed and paid by British Govt, using his or her service should not be free IF you are not entitled for one. Visiting visa should not be used to seek medical treatment.

If she want to appeal then let her get a receipt of the payment she made for that medical service rendered to her while in the UK else appealing will be waste of money and time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 10:57am On Jul 09, 2012
Σα̲̅ñ sum1 pls send ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ †ђξ link too download UK application forms?!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by opsy4real1: 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2012
Hello roomies,
please I need your opinion on my case.. I applied for UK student visa in 2007 and I was refused.....I wasnt given the right to appeal.. then in 2008 I reapplied again and also was refused...Now am intending to apply for a visit visa and am afraid if the past refusals would not affect my application on different category this time around. As at the time I applied for the student visas, I was unemployed and now i suppose my circumstances have changed and want to know if the past refusals would not be visited to affect me this time.

Kindly go thru this refusal notice....
The first Refusal:
The Entry Clearance Officer’s reasons and supporting evidence
In support of your application, you have submitted an Oceanic Bank statement. As a result of checks made by this office with Oceanic Bank, I am satisfied to a high degree of probability that this document is not genuine. The production of such documents undermines the credibility of the application and causes me to doubt your true motivation for this visit. In the light of this, I am not satisfied you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor for a period not exceeding six months as required by Paragraph 41 (I) of HC 395. Nor am I satisfied you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as stated by you and as required by Paragraph 41 (ii) of HC 395.
The cost of your tuition, maintenance and accommodation is to be borne by your sponsor. Funding your education will impose an additional financial burden upon him and I am not satisfied that this increased financial outlay is commensurate with his current economic circumstances and that such funds will actually be available to you in the United Kingdom. Therefore I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to employment or public funds. Paragraph 57 (vi) of HC 395.
The educational establishment in the UK has stated that the costs of your tuition fees are 1,170GBP. British Council guidelines suggest students require between 5,500GBP and 7,500GBP covering a nine-month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and his assessment is based upon 2004 prices. This brings the total cost of your studies in the UK for one academic year to 6,600GBP. Your sponsor’s financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accommodate yourself whilst there. Furthermore, I do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to exhaust all of their savings to finance your studies in the UK. You have not satisfactorily demonstrated that such expenditure is commensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so. Paragraph 57 (vi) of HC 395.

The second refusal.....2008

The UKBA provides information to visa applicants about the types of documents they will be required to produce so that they can demonstrate to the visa officer that they meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules. We advise applicants that the failure to submit such documentation may result in refusal of the application. This decision has been made on the basis of the evidence you have supplied. The onus is on the applicants to demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the relevant rules.
*You have declared that the information you have provided is complete and true to the best of your knowledge.
You say that you wish to go to the UK to pursue an MSC at London school of economics
You are unemployed. You already have a degree in economicsfrom 2005 and yet you have failed to secure any employment. You have failed to submit any evidence of your own financial circumstances. In an overall assessment of the credibility of the application, I am not satisfied the cost of these studies is proportionate to your current economic circumstances or that there are advantages you might derive from this course of study. I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities that you intend to follow the course. (Para 57 (ii))
Your application also falls to be refused under paragraph 320(7A) of the Immigration Rules:
Where false representations have been made or false documents have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant’s knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.
You state that the cost of your tuition, maintenance and accommodation is to be borne by your uncle Mr. Ajala Oluwadamilola. As evidence of his means you have submitted two vehicle ‘Proof of Ownership’ certificates. As a result of checks made by this office (detailed in a document verification report), I am satisfied, to a high degree of probability, that this document is not genuine. The production of such documents undermines the credibility of the application and causes me to doubt your intentions in the U.K. In the light of this, I am not satisfied you intend to follow your proposed course of study in the UK. This further leads me to doubt you will ultimately leave the UK at the end of your proposed course of study in the UK. Paragraph 57(vi)
Following careful consideration of the documentary evidence provided, a am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to full time employment or public funds as required by Paragraph 57(viii).
Your right of appeal
You are entitled to appeal against this decision under section 82(1) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. If you wish to appeal you should complete appeal form AIT-2, a copy of which will be given to you with this notice. A guidance leaflet is also enclosed which explains what to do.

Although I was not banned and now i wish to apply after 3 years of my last application ...hope I stand a chance cos I want o apply towards the olympics game.

If am able to provide my employment details and evidence of finances...I hope there wont be problems..Please kindly help wwith your candid advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
opsy4real1: Hello roomies,
please I need your opinion on my case.. I applied for UK student visa in 2007 and I was refused.....I wasnt given the right to appeal.. then in 2008 I reapplied again and also was refused...Now am intending to apply for a visit visa and am afraid if the past refusals would not affect my application on different category this time around. As at the time I applied for the student visas, I was unemployed and now i suppose my circumstances have changed and want to know if the past refusals would not be visited to affect me this time.

Kindly go thru this refusal notice....
The first Refusal:
In support of your application, you have submitted an Oceanic Bank statement. As a result of checks made by this office with Oceanic Bank, I am satisfied to a high degree of probability that this document is not genuine. The production of such documents undermines the credibility of the application and causes me to doubt your true motivation for this visit. In the light of this, I am not satisfied you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor for a period not exceeding six months as required by Paragraph 41 (I) of HC 395. Nor am I satisfied you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as stated by you and as required by Paragraph 41 (ii) of HC 395.
The cost of your tuition, maintenance and accommodation is to be borne by your sponsor. Funding your education will impose an additional financial burden upon him and I am not satisfied that this increased financial outlay is commensurate with his current economic circumstances and that such funds will actually be available to you in the United Kingdom. Therefore I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to employment or public funds. Paragraph 57 (vi) of HC 395.
The educational establishment in the UK has stated that the costs of your tuition fees are 1,170GBP. British Council guidelines suggest students require between 5,500GBP and 7,500GBP covering a nine-month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and his assessment is based upon 2004 prices. This brings the total cost of your studies in the UK for one academic year to 6,600GBP. Your sponsor’s financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accommodate yourself whilst there. Furthermore, I do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to exhaust all of their savings to finance your studies in the UK. You have not satisfactorily demonstrated that such expenditure is commensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so. Paragraph 57 (vi) of HC 395.

The second refusal.....2008

The UKBA provides information to visa applicants about the types of documents they will be required to produce so that they can demonstrate to the visa officer that they meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules. We advise applicants that the failure to submit such documentation may result in refusal of the application. This decision has been made on the basis of the evidence you have supplied. The onus is on the applicants to demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the relevant rules.
*You have declared that the information you have provided is complete and true to the best of your knowledge.
You say that you wish to go to the UK to pursue an MSC at London school of economics
You are unemployed. You already have a degree in economicsfrom 2005 and yet you have failed to secure any employment. You have failed to submit any evidence of your own financial circumstances. In an overall assessment of the credibility of the application, I am not satisfied the cost of these studies is proportionate to your current economic circumstances or that there are advantages you might derive from this course of study. I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities that you intend to follow the course. (Para 57 (ii))
Your application also falls to be refused under paragraph 320(7A) of the Immigration Rules:
Where false representations have been made or false documents have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant’s knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.
You state that the cost of your tuition, maintenance and accommodation is to be borne by your uncle Mr. Ajala Oluwadamilola. As evidence of his means you have submitted two vehicle ‘Proof of Ownership’ certificates. As a result of checks made by this office (detailed in a document verification report), I am satisfied, to a high degree of probability, that this document is not genuine. The production of such documents undermines the credibility of the application and causes me to doubt your intentions in the U.K. In the light of this, I am not satisfied you intend to follow your proposed course of study in the UK. This further leads me to doubt you will ultimately leave the UK at the end of your proposed course of study in the UK. Paragraph 57(vi)
Following careful consideration of the documentary evidence provided, a am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to full time employment or public funds as required by Paragraph 57(viii).
Your right of appeal
You are entitled to appeal against this decision under section 82(1) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. If you wish to appeal you should complete appeal form AIT-2, a copy of which will be given to you with this notice. A guidance leaflet is also enclosed which explains what to do.

Although I was not banned and now i wish to apply after 3 years of my last application ...hope I stand a chance cos I want o apply towards the olympics game.

If am able to provide my employment details and evidence of finances...I hope there wont be problems..Please kindly help wwith your candid advice

What gave you the impression that you were not banned, or are you expecting the visa officer to tell it to your face?
My friend, you have been banned, you are under the 10 years ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 9:17am On Jul 10, 2012
Good morning everyone..

I'm a recent member to this forum (which I must commend for the relevant information/ advice given)

I came across this via google last night as I searched for info relating to applying for a Uk tourist Visa..

My story goes thus:

In sep 2007, I traveled to England for my Masters degree and graduated in dec 2008, in the same month, I got the Post Study Work Visa which is valid for 2 years.

But I moved back to Lagos in 2009 as I got a good job offer (back at the office where I initially worked before I went to school.. It was an advance in level/ salary)

Its an Oil n Gas company. In 2010, payment of staff salaries became irregular, some times up to 3 months before we get paid, sometimes when payment is made, its half of the salary.. On my employment letter/ contract, I earn 381,00 after tax n pension deduction.

Anyway, due to this situation, I became reactive in order to make up for unpaid wages. I sell brazilian jewelry n when I travel to the Sttates, I bring things back to sell (but this is not a registered business, just something to keep me going)

Now I've decided that I want to apply for a Uk tourist visa.. First thing, Is it ok to use my personal bank statement instead of salary account as inflows there are irregular and I don't want it to seem as if my Coy's having issues n I wanna leave the country.

Also, please could you explain what you mean by money lodgment? Cos I deposit/ make transfers from my savings to my current account (same bank) monthly, (usually a total of 200k- 250k each month as payment from what I sell)

Also, is it ok to use 3 months bank statement? I ask this cos I'd be travelling to Ny at the end of July to be back in August (hence, my account balance would reduce). The period of the Statement would be from Sep- Nov as I want to apply in Dec so I can go to England in Jan 2013.

I'd appreciate a response+ any relevant advice.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 9:42am On Jul 10, 2012
P.S- why I ask about the money lodgement is cos the requirements (in regards to finances) for a tourist visa is different.

For my student visa, my Father was my sponsor, hence, statements and all other docs showing financial standing were his..

For my Post Study Work Visa, all I was required to do was to lodge 800 pounds in my account for 3 months (untouched) prior to the application..

In using my personal bank statement, would it be ok to explain in the additional notes that after I disburse money monthly to my dad, mum and younger bro (out of fulfilling duties as a daughter who earns money and other miscellaneous expense), I move the balance from my staff account to my personal account. (My staff account is domiciled at a micro-finance bank that has only 3 branches so access to it is not even conducive)

On the form, I would state how much of my salary I spend monthly so I reckon the inflows to my account shouldn't be questionable..

Also, would a bank balance of about 700k be alright since oim self sponsored?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 10:39am On Jul 10, 2012
'On the form, I would state how much of my salary I spend monthly so I reckon the inflows to my account shouldn't be questionable..'

As long as the inflows on a monthly basis correspond with what's left of my salary after all miscellaneous deductions have been made..

Also, as I am very conversant with many areas of England, having lived there for a bit.. What's the best approach in applying, hotel accomodation/ invite? I have friends there and I may eventually put up with one of them, but its not a situation of any one of them inviting me... I'm making this trip by myself...

But if the address I'm gonna write as where I'd be staying is at a friend's place, does the friend have to give me any documents like council tax bill, tenancy agreement, copy of their residence permit, letter of employment, utility bill, letter stating my friend would provide ACCOMODATION only for the duration of my stay... Cos I'm paying for my trip (ticket, transportation, feeding) would my friend need to provide a bank statement? Should I also include any pictures of my friend and I (we were course mates in school so we practically did everything together)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
prayerful: Good morning everyone..

I'm a recent member to this forum (which I must commend for the relevant information/ advice given)

I came across this via google last night as I searched for info relating to applying for a Uk tourist Visa..

My story goes thus:

In sep 2007, I traveled to England for my Masters degree and graduated in dec 2008, in the same month, I got the Post Study Work Visa which is valid for 2 years.

But I moved back to Lagos in 2009 as I got a good job offer (back at the office where I initially worked before I went to school.. It was an advance in level/ salary)

Its an Oil n Gas company. In 2010, payment of staff salaries became irregular, some times up to 3 months before we get paid, sometimes when payment is made, its half of the salary.. On my employment letter/ contract, I earn 381,00 after tax n pension deduction.

Anyway, due to this situation, I became reactive in order to make up for unpaid wages. I sell brazilian jewelry n when I travel to the Sttates, I bring things back to sell (but this is not a registered business, just something to keep me going)

Now I've decided that I want to apply for a Uk tourist visa.. First thing, Is it ok to use my personal bank statement instead of salary account as inflows there are irregular and I don't want it to seem as if my Coy's having issues n I wanna leave the country.

Also, please could you explain what you mean by money lodgment? Cos I deposit/ make transfers from my savings to my current account (same bank) monthly, (usually a total of 200k- 250k each month as payment from what I sell)

Also, is it ok to use 3 months bank statement? I ask this cos I'd be travelling to Ny at the end of July to be back in August (hence, my account balance would reduce). The period of the Statement would be from Sep- Nov as I want to apply in Dec so I can go to England in Jan 2013.

I'd appreciate a response+ any relevant advice.

Thanks
If you deposited lump sum of money into an account that apparently stood in isolation for the purpose of applying for a visa, that is Money-Lodgement. But if you deposit money as a routine practice in sequence, then, that is fine provided the sources is verifiable. From your post, i understand that the deposits that you make is more or less a serial arrangement in which your savings follow in logical order or a recurrent pattern: so, that should be fine.
And although, it is a standard rule for bank statement to have 6 months transaction details, but it is not a necessity, you can do with 3 months if the transaction details in it is comprehensive enough; but i must warn you that some unreasonable visa officer could be silly enough to use this as an excuse to refuse your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Oh ok, now I understand.. The account is very much active with inflows and outflows..

Thanks for that..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
P.S: if I submit a statement for the period btw June- Nov (6 months), would it matter if it reflects a large sum (like 400k) is withrawn at the end of july, as I want to travel to Ny.. Though I could explain that the money was used to purchase PTA which would be evident in my passport..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by trakos(m): 5:51am On Jul 11, 2012
I really want to commend you guys for the good job.pleae,i have a question τ̲̅☺ ask the house.i applied online for a tourist/general visa and i get an appoinment at their Ikeja office on Thursday 12th July.I want to travel for like 10days in August as a tourist or visitor.Have not had any Visa before,this is the very first time am applying.Can you please give me some additional guides as i currently have the following docs
International Passport
Payslip over 6month period
Bank Statement over 6month period
Letter of Intro from my company
Hotel Reservation

Please,i would like to know some other stuffs to be ready with as i have only tomorrow.
A friend once told me thate they don't take the usual wait and get digital passport.i thought all those analogue passports are phased out.

I await your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
Hello house,

I have a general inquiry for which i have not been able to get a direct answer. Maybe u guys can help.
I am a British citizen and I applied for my wife to join me in the UK. The application was made while my wife was pregnant. Her application was processed and the visa was issued in early June. Since the issue of the visa, my wife put to bed(twins)in Naija middle of June.

My question is what is the situation regarding the twins visa, am i looking at a new application altogether? can they be added to my wife's passport as they are infants (3 weeks old). Will they cancel the current visa issued to my wife expecting an application with details of the dependents.
Please those in the know kindly help
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Roke93: 2:48am On Jul 12, 2012
pls can some assist mi here? I was refused a UK student Visa this April based on the fact that the money i had in my bank acct was'nt matured i.e (stayin up to 28 days) so am on the verge of re applyin this july. What are the new requirements 4 a UK student Visa because i heard that a new set of rules has been implemented dis April. Pls advice mi

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.