Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981917 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
Justwise, remember I attached my investment certificate initially but they said they can't see evidence of the interests I receive monthly from my investment?

How else can I prove this to them if not thru the investment certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
uuspace:

Thank you for the feedback. just to be clear . what about the bold. Because they were saying that if i change my appointment, i will have to check for a non paying centre, only when a non paying centre is not available that is when i can apply for refund

Ask them for refund or write to ask if you will be charged again for rescheduling
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nelli(f): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
OGreene:
Justwise, remember I attached my investment certificate initially but they said they can't see evidence of the interests I receive monthly from my investment?

I didn't see ur previous message but going by what I cn deduce from dis,your bank statment should show
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
OGreene:

Do you receive interest from your investment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nelli(f): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
justwise:

Ask them for refund or write to ask if you will be charged again for rescheduling

The payment of the fee is not aplicable @ vi submission centre and abj
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
i dont knw if the people in the house can advise, am in a fixed corner, i applied for the tier 4 uk visa yesterday, i paid for the IHS and the visa application separetly as against together (effective 5th july 2015)as the new fee suggested from their website. What do i do now?

Do i proceed and submit my documents ?

or pay a new fee and which will now contain both IHS and visa fees, then request a refund?

IF you advise i pay a new fee hw do i request a refund as the whole money is too much to let go.

Will appreciate feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nelli(f): 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
joanazubu:
Hello everyone... please has anyone applied for uk 5 years visa lately? please need personal info urgently.

God bless as you respond smiley

I am presently hv a 5yr uk visa,what's d question?bt dnt get angry I 4get to come bak to dis trend as I cannot give out my email or details ,cause I have been accused of solisiting clients
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
joanazubu:
Hello everyone... please has anyone applied for uk 5 years visa lately? please need personal info urgently.

God bless as you respond smiley

What information do you need?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ok

nelli:

I didn't see ur previous message but going by what I cn deduce from dis,your bank statment should show
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
Yes. Like the Fixed dep and T-bills. I have both

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
keyman0007:
i dont knw if the people in the house can advise, am in a fixed corner, i applied for the tier 4 uk visa yesterday, i paid for the IHS and the visa application separetly as against together (effective 5th july 2015)as the new fee suggested from their website. What do i do now?

Do i proceed and submit my documents ?

or pay a new fee and which will now contain both IHS and visa fees, then request a refund?

IF you advise i pay a new fee hw do i request a refund as the whole money is too much to let go.

Will appreciate feedback.

Was it written anywhere that you have to pay both together as a rule?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nelli(f): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
justwise:

Its all fraud, its almost impossible to get job in the UK from Nigeria, only intra company transfer work that way

Got to the british website,look for the part which states stay in the uk via employment there is a list of those who can apply,most of them are skilled labour,or labour which they have shortage of in the uk.if you fall under any of the category,u can then look for employment online,or get a frnd or fam to help submit you cv,ur employer would do d rest.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
OGreene:
Yes. Like the Fixed dep and T-bills. I have both

Then how come it wasn't showing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
The area in the application form asking how much I receive as interest from investment monthly...Wot shud I put for my FD and TBills

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
Seen in my account statement, staring at me grin. I hv printed dem now.

I applied wt jus d investment certificate not the acct statements where d investments occur cry my baddddd. Thanks, see how I jus spoil show b4

justwise:

Then how come it wasn't showing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nelli(f): 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
OGreene:

I applied wt jus d investment certificate not the acct statements where d investments occur cry my baddddd. Thanks, see how I jus spoil show b4

So do I deserve a thank u 4 d suggestion or not?lool just kidding ywc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
OGreene:

You applied for visa without your bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Greetings to everyone in the house. Been a long while that I have been here.

So I was issued a 6 months visit visa in Feb 2013. I travelled in May and also in July, visa expired in August.
Hubby haven't been to the UK and we both intend to apply soon. We both work full time though we have some other busineses we deal with.

My question is, what validity of visa do we apply for? Since it will be his first time I presume he will be applying for 6 months. I will be applying for a renewal, can I apply for 2 years even though his is 6 months?
We intend to travel together so I believe we should be submitting our documents as one.

We have 3 kids but they won't be traveling with us. The 3rd is just few months old though we don't intend to travel until she is a year old.

Are there any special docs to be submitted except the usual? He gave me a letter of consent during my first application.

Lastly, if we decide he applies alone, do I need to give him any supporting documents? We earn almost same amount of money, combined salary of a little above 350k.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
Without the acct stmt where d investments occur. My main account is different, dts d one I used. I will use everything now, all bank accounts stmt, hope it won't be too much

justwise:

You applied for visa without your bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
Am still having issues getting a hotel that wouldn't bill me for the first night now. I tot they will give a certain 'grace' period before they will cancel or takes some charges.

Who has done this before, I know many ppl dey jand now, pls assist here ooo.

I called d hotels and they confirmed I will be charged for the first night sharp sharp cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nelli(f): 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
babybird82:

So I was issued a 6 months visit visa in Feb 2013. I travelled in May and also in July, visa expired in August.
Hubby haven't been to the UK and we both intend to apply soon. We both work full time though we have some other busineses we deal with.

My question is, what validity of visa do we apply for? Since it will be his first time I presume he will be applying for 6 months. I will be applying for a renewal, can I apply for 2 years even though his is 6 months?
We intend to travel together so I believe we should be submitting our documents as one.

We have 3 kids but they won't be traveling with us. The 3rd is just few months old though we don't intend to travel until she is a year old.

Are there any special docs to be submitted except the usual? He gave me a letter of consent during my first application.

Lastly, if we decide he applies alone, do I need to give him any supporting documents? We earn almost same amount of money, combined salary of a little above 350k.

Its doesn't matter you can apply for two years while he applies for 6months,if you have a family over there then you apply for family visit visa,check the teir on there website and family doesn not include cousin(father,mother,sibling,child,spouse,grandparent)if not then you apply for tourist visa,pls note when applyin for tourist you need to have sufficient balance,money to cover both ticket expenses,hotel,food,transport 4 duration of time,and sufficent income to show you are not wasting money.
If he applies alones same old document,letter of consent not need he cn however mention that u/his wife,was previously granted a 6month visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
please help!!!!!!!
if her fiance is sponsoring her,
and she is a teacher in a private primary school with a monthly salary of 41k. Her fiance in question has been to many countries including the UK..
he has recently paid 326k into her account.
her printed account statement balance 445k.
her fiance is the one sponsoring the whole trip..

please people what do you think they should do.

meanwhile her fiance just want to give her a treat , in fulfilling his promise because she finished with a 2:1 from the university of Lagos. (2012)
she served 2013 and finished service 2014
she is presently employed as a teacher.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
timyoghurt:
please help!!!!!!!
and she is a teacher in a private primary school with a monthly salary of 41k. Her fiance in question has been to many countries including the UK..

meanwhile her fiance just want to give her a treat , in fulfilling his promise because she finished with a 2:1 from the university of Lagos. (2012)

Depositing huge money into your account very close to your application is a no no no for your application. If he can leave the money in her account for months b4 you apply it ll be better.

Unless u have a good explanation for the deposit wait for sometime b4 u apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
babybird82:

Why do you want to apply separately even when you are traveling together?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
timyoghurt:
please help!!!!!!!

Your salary will be an issue here because its your tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by amakaffy: 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
lantrenzo:

@Amakaffy:If you paid for priority service it will take 5 working days max. If it is however,standard application,just wait for 21 working days.

All the best!

Kai! ... thanks Bro....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
justwise:

Its all fraud, its almost impossible to get job in the UK from Nigeria, only intra company transfer work that way

Or if you are a doctor. My cousin just got a job in UK from Naija but he has a UK masters sha.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
Greetings to everyone!!!! @ justwise please I need ur advise,I intend to apply for my 2 kids.should I fill a single form for both of them or a separate form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
Must every detail remain the same on the last and new applications. Example, d number of days I will be staying was 10 before, can I change it to 7 or 8? While the VO get suspicious? tongue

And want to use another hotel different from the former one. Any big deal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
justwise:

Why do you want to apply separately even when you are traveling together?

Don't know which is best.
Him applying alone means I won't be renewing my visa at the moment.

Please advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.